an ounce of prevention
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
"Am I?" However, Loren had to laugh. Nodding, he conceded the point to Kiada. Still, he couldn't let her win quite that easily. "You sure do. And maybe I'm just following the ancient rules of hospitality that all Halovians abide by. Maybe I'd much rather be in my infirmary whipping up new medicines." He raised his eyebrows, once again challenging her to prove him wrong.

As soon as Astra realized Auni was no longer chansing her, she halted in her tracks. Turning, she walked at a much more reasonable pace as nuzzled her fellow luxere, careful to keep her antlers out of the way. The healer grinned as he felt his companions happiness wash through their bond, and he didn't bother to hide that from the mercenary.

Staying in the doorway, he let her inspect the latest space. As he waited, he slipped his hands into his pockets. "I bet you do." He let out a huff of laughter. "After all, you're one of those strong stoic warrior types in the mold of Deimos, aren't you?" Tone teasing, he tilted his head to one side.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
if through some miracle, you are granted the chance to see him again
whether in this life or the next
You are.” She snorts, shaking her head to him. But then as he continues, her brows raise ever so slightly in her mock surprise – grinning a small amount as she continues to walk beside him – glancing over to see the way his own brows raise. “Oh, I’m hurt, Loren.” She taunts, before a snicker leaves her to erupt the way she’d tried to keep her calm demure. “After we went all that way to find the mage glass and you’d rather be in your infirmary?” A raise of her brow to that, a grin crossing her face.

Auni finds Astra approach, ears flickering as she nuzzles his head and keeps her antlers out of the way of his own – and he bleats his content with her as he moves to stand again and nuzzle her back, worn out already of the excitement that the day’s produced – and really wishing he’d been able to indulge in the apples and hay she’d gorged herself on earlier.

Loren remains in the doorway, and Kiada steps into the room to look around, a slight bounce in her step as she crosses the grounds and inspects it. At Loren’s huff of laughter and tilt of his head, she turns back to him with a slightly softer smile. “Deimos is always what I aspired to be.” She says, linking her arms behind her as she moves to walk back closer toward Loren. “But the problem was that back in Helovia, he died when I was around ten years old.” She raises her brow to that. “And in the following worlds I fell into, I channeled more and more of him until I arrived here and he was back.” Her head tilts the opposite way than it had before.

If that answers your question.
you are, and always shall be, his
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Snorting, Loren shook his head. "We didn't find mageglass, just a bunch of weirdos in robes. So yes, the infirmary seems quite appealing to me." Grinning at Kiada, he shrugged. "Guess you'll have to go nurse your hurt in that Korofian bar." His tone was teasing, and he wasn't at all swayed by her words or her feigned pain.

Astra kept pace with Auni, content simply to stand next to him. The healer found himself giving the mercenary a sympathetic look as she spoke. "It does. And I am glad you've gotten the opportunity to reunite with him." Even though he really did mean that, he couldn't help the sorrow from spiking in his chest, and he couldn't stop that from trickling through their bond.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
And we didn’t even stay to ask them what they were doing there.” She winks, mirroring the grin that he offers as she shifts her weight a small amount in her inspection. She turns back briefly only to give him a raised brow at the mention of that Korofian bar, a playful smirk crossing her face. “The last time I went to a bar alone, I didn’t go home empty handed.” She offers chipperly, recalling Ezra and their tryst – a playful smirk crossing her face with that memory. “Perhaps I’ll find a particularly roguish Halovian to show me the comforts.” Another hum of a laugh leaves her throat before she quiets to inspect the grounds and turns back to him.

She explains the predicament she found herself in, and offers a bright smile back to him in response despite the sorrow that fills the bond with it. She’s not exactly one to dwell on it and now that she has Deimos here, with Amalia, there’s truly nothing to be sad about when it comes to the Reaper turned Sword. So she nears him again, stopping just before him to peer up at him with glimmering icy eyes. “So am I.” She agrees, offering a bright, almost girlish smile back at him. “But it certainly helps with the whole badass, stoic look, don’t you think?” She asks, spinning a slow circle in front of him before landing just back in front of him with a wink and stepping through the door.
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren once again inclined his head, acknowledging the point to Kiada. Then he grinned. "If I recall, you were the first to suggest getting out of there." However, seeing as he'd agreed, he wasn't upset in the slightest about their decision.

Crossing his arms again, he just raised his eyebrows once more. "Seeing as we've established I'm merely an Outlander, and a goody two-shoes to boot, all I can say is good luck with that." Smirking, expression amused, he just met her gaze squarely.

As she performed for him, he lowered his arms to applaud slowly before returning them to their previous position. "That it does. And as role models go, you could do worse than Deimos." He grinned. "Especially if you're going for badass and stoic." Turning, he followed her out the door, pushing past her to lead her towards the nearest set of stairs.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
It was cold.” She offers with a light whine, a smirk crossing her face near the end. But she watches as he crosses his arms, nearing him as she utters the idea of what she might find when it comes to visiting the Kraai, and her smirk shifts to a brighter grin at the mention of him being an Outlander and a boring goody two-shoes, she huffs a light laugh to that. “Seeing as you’re a goody two-shoes Outlander, I’m sure you might have heard a name or two.” She winks back, grinning.

But she spins before him, and laughs when he offers a light applaud, moving to lead him as they exit the training grounds. “Oh I absolutely could.” She snickers, pausing to let him take the lead and focus on the pathway ahead as he takes her toward the stairs once more. “But who did you have in mind?” She asks with a rogue grin, a tilt of her head as she pauses just enough to get Auni to approach with Astra, ensuring she doesn’t lose him while they take all of these turns and twists.

And where are we going now, for that matter?” What else did the Palace have to offer, aside from said Infirmary?
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Laughing outright, Loren shook his head. "Sure, let's go with that." Giving Kiada an amused look, he stayed right where he was as she approached. "Me? Never." He smirked. "Besides, I can't take the fun out of reading and going to the bar."

When she asked who he was thinking of, he just gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?" He legitimately didn't know who she was asking about. He was careful not to leave her or either of the companions behind. Indeed, Astra was leading Auni similarly to how the healer was leading the mercenary.

"You keep expecting me to ruin all the good surprises." Grinning, he led her down a hallway and opened the door to the aforementioned infirmary. "Don't worry, I just wanted to show you where you could find me during the day."
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
There’s a light smirk that crosses her face as she nods toward him – fully intending to use that as her excuse. And when she comments on him perhaps knowing a name or two, and his playful bewilderment with it, she can’t help but to snort to it, shaking her head as she acknowledges the point. “What happened to that whole denying it ordeal you made.” She winks. “Something about ‘I like trouble’ or what not.” Another snicker leaves her as she focuses on the path they take and she captures that confused look he offers her.

I didn’t have anyone in mind. But based off of that comment, I thought you might have.” She offers, a shrug granted in his direction. But she follows him as Auni follows Astra – curious and not wanting to be left behind or lost among the twists. And she focuses on the comment he offers, as he opens the doors to the Infirmary and she looks up to him as she passes by him to enter the room and look around once more. “Ah, so I can come bother you and you can be an absolute bore and no help?” She snorts, grinning as she glances over her shoulder at him.
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
"Eh. Denying it seemed like too much trouble." Loren grinned easily, not at all bothered at having been caught being hypocritical or in a slip up by Kiada. Indeed, he found he was enjoying her company more than he'd expected to. They hadn't really gotten to know one another except in passing.

When she asked who he was thinking of, he smirked. "You mean who is worse at being strong, stoic, and brooding than Deimos? Pretty much everyone." Letting out a huff of laughter, he reached out to rub Auni and Astra in turn as the mercenary explored the infirmary.

The healer nodded sagely at her quip, though his eyes crinkled with amusement. "Oh absolutely. Those are both specialties of mine."
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
That’s bullshit.” She teases him with another playful smirk, a wink sent his direction. One main difference from Kiada and the rest of them was that Kiada wasn’t afraid to speak what was on her mind. She’d been named an enemy once before, why spend the time surrounding herself with those that she didn’t enjoy?

So she focuses on the next question, a grin crossing her face as Loren informs her that anyone else would have been a bad role model, and she clicks her tongue, makes a considering look cross her face, before her icy gaze lands on Loren once more. “I suppose you’re right.” An easy agreement as she looks at the infirmary and boasts another playful tease Loren’s way.

She walks toward the middle, eyeing the drawers and jars spread out. She turns to look over her shoulder at him, amusement gleaming in her gaze. “Good. Good and predictable.” She winks, finding it anything but. But she remains in the room, eyeing what’s been laid out. “Do you use magic to heal, mostly? Who’s here when you’re deciding not to be boring?
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Grinning, Loren nodded. "Yup. I'm full of it." Strangely enough, he sounded pleased about that, and he certainly didn't mind Kiada calling him out on it. Nor did she seem to mind that he was a bullshitter.

Letting out a huff of laughter when she agreed with him, he crossed his arms. Watching as Astra showed Auni the bed the healer had made for his luxere in the corner, the Launceleyn glanced back at the mercenary when she asked about his work. "I try to save it for when it's needed." Gesturing at the shelves full of medicines and supplies, he hoped those spoke for themselves.

Raising his eyebrows, he sighed. "Still working on that, to be honest. Right now, it's a rotating crew of whoever I can wheedle into covering for me." Shrugging, he ran a hand through his hair.

"Why do you ask? Looking for a new job?" There was a sly expression on his face, since he knew the answer was no.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
Gross.” She offers with a huff of a laugh, a wrinkling of her nose and an amused gleam to her eye. But she bypasses that comment for the ones about whether he heals using magic or older tricks. And somehow, the answer makes sense. She can see it with the way that the shelves are full of other means to heal. Part of it reminds her of the Edge, her second home, when she’d attempted to break the mold of thieves and warriors like her parents, only to end up testing out the waters in healing and crafting.

But that was a long time ago now, and she’s far more a warrior now than anything else. But ah, to be young and having the world give you the ability to choose what you wanted to be rather than forcing it upon you. So her gaze flickers back toward Loren with a light smile crossing her face, a slight nod as he runs his hand through his hair and she focuses on him a bit more intensely. “Do you have a hard time finding people to cover for you?” She asks with a raise of her brow.

Still, there’s a gleam of surprise that crosses her face when he teases her about looking for a new job, a bright chime of laughter. “Gods no.” She snorts. “Besides, I’ll have my hands more than full when it comes down to keeping an eye on the Grounders, I’m sure.” A small wistful smile reaches her as she glances around the room once more before her glacial gaze lands on Loren again. “I’ve been made to become a fighter, and that’s what I am.” And that’s what she always would be.
KIADA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Not at all put off by Kiada's response, Loren just kept grinning. Giving her ample time to inspect the infirmary, he shook his head at her eventual question. "Not really." He gestured again, this time indicating the entirely empty cots. "As you can see, we have very few patients. Most people jump at the chance for some light duty for a change." Shrugging, expression a bit chagrined, he glanced back at her, wondering how she'd take that.

Smiling, he nodded in understanding. "As a fighter, you'll fit right in here, trust me." He clasped his hands behind his back, straightening up to his full height in the process. "Is there anything else you'd like to see before Deepfrost?" Tone polite, he waited patiently to hear if she wanted to continue the tour.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She watches from the peripheral of her vision while he gestures to the empty beds before her attention turns back on the summoner, a curl of her lip in amusement. “Sounds like you do your job well, then.” A shrug granted to that when he glances toward her. She has nothing else to add to it really, not as she rounds a bit and heads toward him again – explaining that she’s a fighter and would always end up being seen as one, as indulging as one.

There’s a slight nod to the comment of fitting in. “I was born in the mountains, after all. Not unlike this one.” She informs him with a chime – likely why she wasn’t upset with coming here, the fact she had chosen to come here. But he straightens his posture, and she looks up at him from where she stands, icy gaze softening a small amount as she regards him. “Anything you think I should know, perhaps. But if not, I can likely find my way back out.” She offers him with a light smile to that – a bit less of the teasing tone of her voice and simply just filled with pleasantries.
KIADA