Be Prepared
For Remi
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

What Remi had to say about the plankton was definitely something Sam wanted to find out more about later; it was a charming beginning to a myth even if it ended up being nothing. Jigano would like to hear about it if nothing else, he was sure. Still, it sounded like Remi himself didn't know much else about it, so he just nodded.

It was clear his rather odd announcement had taken Remi's attention anyway. "Um..well, yes. He..told me he had a way to better protect the Grounders in the college this year, if he could have the upgrade and fluid of an Ascended to enchant the door against the monsters. I..thought it was a worthy enough cause." Face sad and serious, he ran a finger from his good hand over the severed knuckles. "I don't know if you remember, but last LongNight I lost these fingers to one of the monsters. ...I suppose you could say I did it again now, but at least I had some choice in the matter."

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
if there's nothing that they hold
Remi did remember. He'd been there, having nearly died himself after all. Biting the inside of his lip to keep his mouth from running away with him, the Alchemist merely regarded his once-friend with a serious but silent stare. He wasn't here to lecture Sam on making good choices or to question the validity of all of this. He wouldn't even ask who had proposed this idea or how they knew it would work.

It wasn't his place. Sam wasn't his...well, anything, anymore.

"Fair enough." Remi said after a moment, perhaps with a shade more melancholy than he'd intended. "Well, I suppose if there's nothing else..." But still he sat where he was, fingers drumming ever so slightly against the top of his desk.
And what good are hearts
if you bury them all alone?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Samuel

Sam could sense something like judgement on Remi's face, could feel the unspoken words hanging in the air...but they never found voice, so he nodded and stood at the Governor's dismissal. At first he turned to leave, reaching to pick up his bag, but then something stopped him. The odd tension in the air, the awkwardness of making small talk with someone that you once loved.

He found himself wanting to say something, but exactly what he had no idea. Paused in front of Remi's desk, he finally asked: "..Do you think...I could maybe come over some time for a cup of tea? It must be stressful, being Governor right now. Perhaps it might be nice to relax and have a chat."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
if there's nothing that they hold
As Sam turned, both men feeling the pulse of the same awkward melancholy thick in the air, the Alchemist raised his eyes to Sam's as if the bookmaker for once, might know the way forward through all of this. And amazingly, he did.

"I would like that." Remi agreed with a small smile. "Though perhaps we could skip stones on the ocean...I'm a bit off tea, just now." As naive as the thought of opening a tea house with Ianto had been and still was, Remi couldn't help but want to turn away from anything that reminded him of that broken sliver of his past.

'Perhaps once the Inn is taken care of, we can meet up again. If there is anything else you need before then, you need only ask."
And what good are hearts
if you bury them all alone?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel

Thankfully Remi smiled: Sam had been afraid, at least in some small way, that his once-friend would have scoffed and kicked him out. "Skipping stones, I suppose that's a Torchline cup of tea. I have to admit I don't know how...you'll have to teach me." Laughing with a little shrug he turned to leave at that, happy to have made a future plan.

"I'll be in touch if I need to be, thank you. It's been nice talking to you." With that he exited, eager to meet Remi again but knowing there would be a lot to do before he could.

{FIN}