hold your breath
for any of the old gods
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
don't you know there's a part of me
It had been hard for Delta to mentally accept her temporary blindness. At first, she was under the belief that the gods potentially hated her, that she had done something to earn their wrath. It was only when her father reassured her otherwise that she started to think otherwise. No surprise to anyone, it took Delta a while to feel ready to pray to the gods once more. This time, she was far, far more wary of her gifts and how she handled it. A gorgeous necklace for Frey, a gemstone for Safrin, and finally for Ludo, a small little flute to play music.

Once the gifts had been placed down, Delta swam quite a few feet away and was clearly very tense, her shoulders high and her body stiff. She was ready to fight back this time. It seemed wrong to not give an offering, a crime. Despite her fears of the tokens once more attacking her, she knew that she had to give the gods the offering. How else would she receive a response.

Shakily, she tried to mask away any nervousness.

I wish to speak with one of the Old Gods. Short, sweet, and to the point.
that longs to go into the unknown
delta

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
reality whispers a different tune underwater
"Do you?" A surprisingly deep rumble of a voice lifts itself out of the coral attached to the shrine – within it, an inky black substance not unlike an octopus that’s just inked to try and rid itself of a foe.

A moment of silence as the cloud expands. "Delta… Delta…" A sing song tone, the bass amplified in the deep.

Through the inky cloud, pairs of glowing eyes can be seen staring directly at Delta, sharp and almost wicked. "Do you wish to speak to me instead, child of Maru?" Comes the next raspy rumble of words, a purr if there ever could be beneath the waves this far.
Random Event
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The voice rang in her ears and already things were far different than before. Could this be one of the gods? It was potentially Frey- seeing as Delta had no idea how the god would appear to her. It obviously wasn't Safrin and there was a small chance that it was Ludo... but it also seemed so different and this was only solidified when the mysterious being started to form before her.

Dark and mysterious with eyes that pierced into her soul. Her eyes widened and she stared forward, almost stiff and unable to move. What was this? Why had this being appeared before her? Whoever it was, he knew exactly who she was. Calling her by her name and recognizing who her father was... but he also confirmed that he wasn't any of the gods. Delta doesn't even know if the voice is a he, maybe its an it, or maybe they go by they. Delta really doesn't know and probably will never truly find out.

It's dangerous and risky... but she responds. I will speak with you. Who are you? So that I may call you by something. Will she be blinded again? Hopefully not... but why didn't the gods respond to her? What was wrong with her?

Will you help me?
delta

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Delta slides forward toward it, and the eyes blink slowly – a sharp grin forming within the inky cloud, its teeth needle-like and sharp, jagged and bright compared to the darkness within it. ”Nobody has asked for my name in an age, dear child.” It croons, before suddenly it disappears.

It reappears hovering over Delta’s shoulder, inky tendrils stretching out to pull at her hair, that toothy grin bright and glowing with its many eyes. ”Why would you need help?”
Random Event
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The darkness disappears but Delta knows better than to assume it has merely disappeared- no. That means you must have a name... yes? Don't you deserve to be called by it? It was a respectful thing to do to properly call something by its name. It's not just about putting Delta in it the favor of the creature, it's also about proper respect.

It isn't hard to notice the light tugging on her hair. Her head looks over her shoulder and she tries to turn around slowly, hoping to not scare away the creature. He poses a good question and luckily enough, Delta feels ready to answer it. I have discovered that Manta crystals can bring those underwater, but it requires the death of a manta... I wish to have a device that I can give to a human temporarily to grant them the ability to safely swim underwater... and then I can have it returned to me so that I may reuse it. It's a big wish, but she hopes that maybe this creature will be able to help her. If not... then well, shoot.
delta

Change author:
It doesn’t remember what its name is. It has been so long since anyone had ever called it by it that it had merely forgotten the need for names. Regardless, the creature tugs at Delta’s hair, purrs in only the way a creature born and created and lived for thousands of years within the waters can. As Delta turns around she’ll be met with sharp teeth, the many eyes staring back at her as it swirls and continues to fiddle with her hair.

And oh, is the question loaded. ”Is it not the circle of life, Delta? That the Cloud Manta must die so others can live?” It asks, a riddle of sorts. ”Besides… What good does the merfolk get when dealing with these…humans, anyway.” Clearly there’s some sharp distaste to the word it uses as the spirit spins in the water and abandons Delta, suddenly feeling very much like this won’t get anywhere. ”I cannot help you.” It is bluntly put, before disappearing completely in a puff of more ink, leaving Delta alone in the water once more.
Random Event
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
While it was natural, it was cruel. Yes but there is always a way to improve. If the Gods, or this octopus thing, could help her then it would save the lives of tons of mantas.

The creature provides far too little comfort for Delta and she finds herself frowning, her eyebrows creasing and lines form on her forehead. It seemed she truly was unlucky. Not only had she faced something other than the gods twice now, but it seemed even the wishes that benefited others wouldn't work. Humans may be risky... but I believe showing them the true beauty of the ocean would help to preserve my home. Only then can someone truly understand exactly why Delta loves to call this place her home.

It wasn't in her future as the creature had disappeared, leaving her all alone once more. It was better than being blind... but she didn't want this. Please? I'm willing to negotiate... I'll do anything if it means helping my people stay safe. And so she waited, for minutes upon minutes, hoping that maybe, the creature would return to fulfill her request.

And if not? Guess it's time to find a new purpose for herself and wish to the gods.

FIN...? Unless the Spirit responds? If the spirit has no plans of returning, go ahead and archive it!
delta