the nose knows more than you suppose
for Jata
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Time to check in; no more than a couple of days after their little meeting, Wessex transports herself back to Torchline and heads to the boxing ring. She might say that the air is noticeably cooler than it was when they first opened this part of the world up, but we both know she can’t feel it. Though the Slagveld seems empty when she comes round, the Wraith knocks loudly anyway, calling out, “Sunjata?” Another glance around. Loki sits on her shoulders and also peers into the darkness, offering a questioning chirp, as if that might somehow draw out the man - or anything else within.

It won’t be the end of the world if she misses him on this trip. But it’s that busy time of year in other places and even with teleporting, the demigod can only be in so many places at once.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
He’s there, albeit a bit hungover, a bruise to his jaw, quite a few scars from healed Ascended bites on his neck though a fresh pair sits in plain sight along his neck beneath his ear. But he’s in relatively good spirits as he fixes up one of the punching bags. The knock is a bit of a surprise, however, seeing as most people simply waltzed right in — but when the voice pipes up, he realizes who it is, puffs out a quiet sigh of relief that it wasn’t something else happening in Torchline he needed to be aware of. And he abandons the punching bag to greet the Wraith.

Hey Wessex, come in.” He offers, moving over to set the scissors and thread he’d been working with off to the side before he leans against the counter and rests his hands on it, leaning back against it. He spots the dragon then, sucking in a sharp breath and feels the pant of sorrow that hits his gut before his gaze tears away from it to Wessex, offering a small half smile, trying to cover up the hidden surprise. “And you have a dragon too?” A nod of his head toward it as he whistles and Haai hops out of her makeshift nest behind the counter to go greet both Ascended and companion.
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bulletproof
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
When pops his head out from behind the counter and draws her attention, she takes a moment to eye him up and down. Fresh bruises, bites (though from what she can ascertain, those are likely consensual…) and chuckles dryly. “Gods, you look worse for the wear.” There’s no inquiry as to who or what beat him green and purple - it’s none of her business unless he wants to make it her business.

The Wraith steps into the boxing arena and when he mentions Loki, she turns back with a wide smile.Have is a bit of a stretch. But yes. This is Loki. We bonded at the end of Longheat... beginning of Leafchange. Something like that.” Glancing up to the black dragonling’s whirling eyes again, she finds it hard to imagine the little lizard as belonging to anyone. She just… takes care of her. And soon Loki will be able to do the same in return.

But for now, the miniature dragon is quite taken with the griffin; this is her first encounter with one of them and she trills a greeting before leaping off the demigod’s shoulder to investigate the other things with wings that is definitely not like her, but almost seems to be.

With Loki occupied, Wessex can give Sunjata her full attention - at least for the time being. “How’s it going?” she asks, making obvious small talk.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Her comment has a small smirk crossing his face as he regards her. “That’s what alcohol is for.” He replies equally as dryly, a small grin taking place over the smirk before he chuckles and gives her his full attention – spotting the dragon and questioning it before he’s whistling for Haai to come greet a new friend. His attention returns to Wessex at the announcement of how long she’d had the creature, his smile softening a small amount as he focuses back on the black dragon.

Well, I hope Loki likes Haai.” He offers with a small chuckle, hearing the trill of the dragon that is responded with a yip of Haai’s own – a quiet whine in the form of a yawn leaving her maw before she’s investigating Loki as well – sniffing along the expanse of scales and wings while her feathers flex in her excitement.

The mention of how things are going in the effort of small talk has Sunjata’s smile shifting a bit more mischievous when his gaze lands back on Wessex. “Things are good.” He begins, sure that if she wants details she’d likely ask about them. “I wanted to check in with you on how the shrine building went for the Eirachi, if there’s been any updates.” And later, perhaps anything he might be able to help with in terms of keeping up his end of the deal with more portals.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Wessex chuckles. “So far she likes people who feed her, the Voice, Amalia, and people who don’t attack me.” Which is a wide net. Give it time and the Wraith imagines that Loki will like fewer and fewer people as she comes aware of her bonded’s feelings towards most people. And even then, she’s prepared to let the dragonling make her own assessments; surely the creatures are bright enough for that kind of character judgement. “I’m sure Haai and you are fine.

Good. She’s happy to hear that things are going well for Sunjata - quite frankly, she’d assumed as much from the guild meeting. Not that she’d expect the man to tell her otherwise.

“Successful. Eirachi was grateful and pleased with the work. And offered another task…” There’s only one reason to mention it, and as Wessex looks at Sunjata, she raises an eyebrow ever so slightly as if to ask if he wants to hear. Because if she tells him, there’s no going back. In fact, it feels important to mention this thought. “If I tell you, it’s with the understanding that it stays between us. Maybe the other guild members. I don’t know if I’ll need assistance with this one or not. Or how I'll be able to repay it.”

And the only reason she's prepared to tell him is because of their agreement. But it's up to him if he wants to hear it.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A chuckle accompanies Wessex’s own, a small half smirk crossing his face as he looks back at the dragon, swallowing down his anxieties with it. “Well, she’ll only find friends here.” He offers with a knowing nod, momentarily watching while Haai and Loki get acquainted before Haai is trying to lead the dark dragon to show off her nest and all the other nooks and crannies of the boxing ring.

Sunjata’s gaze finds the Wraith again, nodding before he’s pushing off the counter top and turning to reach for a cigarette — because this certainly sounded like it might be an interesting conversation topic. He fishes for the lighter in his pocket, pulling it out to light the smoke before his attention lands back on Wessex.

Secret’s safe with me.” He offers, unsure if he’d be able to help — but he had promised to help her. And if there was one thing Sunjata tried to do, it was stick to his word. “What do you have to do next?” He exhales in a plume of smoke, steel gaze lingering on her a moment before gesturing to the couches nearby should she rather sit and stay awhile.
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Loki eagerly follows Haai, ever the curious child, she is soon sniffing about and trilling and chirping - willing to follow the griffin wherever they may lead her. This is an exciting new place, a new friend, and soon she’s at Haai’s tail feathers like a puppy, or a younger sibling.

With a nod Wessex heads towards the couches, figuring it might be a bit of a conversation. Plopping down into one (as if the Wraith ever plops anymore, it’s more of a twist and a drop into the cushions), turning towards wherever Jata is sitting. “A rescue mission, of sorts. For one of Eirachi’s kin.” She pauses to let that sink in for a moment. “I can only assume it’s another… seasonal spirit or God. I don’t really know where to place her on the scale of things.”

Still, the idea that a spirit/god could need a demigod’s aid is more than appealing. If nothing else, Eirachi knows how to stroke the Wraith’s ego.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Haai has no qualms showing Loki around, first investigating the nest, the treasured pieces the griffin had hoarded in her own little dragon’s nest. She’s not afraid of Loki poking her nose around it, sitting in it even, the older griffin offering a bit more of a playful approach. But when the dragon’s done investigating, Haai snatches a bone and offers the dragon a play bow, before taking off along the floor of the boxing ring in a sure sign of the zoomies.

Sunjata slips over to the couch, taking a seat somewhere across from where Wessex sits, leaning back and resting his full tattooed arm on the back of the couch, his steel gaze finding the Wraith once more when she begins to speak. “A rescue…?” He repeats, a brow raising ever so slightly. But the Wraith continues, speaking of another seasonal spirit or god, and he offers a deeper nod to that, a bit more understanding.

In Halo, or?” His head tilts a bit, calculating, wondering what kind of rescue mission she’s talking about.
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
More adept at flying than scampering along the floor, Loki leaps into the air after Haai, skimming low above the ground with a screech that pulls Wessex’s attention for a moment and earns a chuckle. Kids and their zoomies… There’s a softening about her as she watches the two of them play, before she gets back to the business at hand.

“That’s what she said. Not much else. Other than it’s beyond Halo and it’s quite warm.” She knows how to access it, but the likelihood of doing so during Deepfrost (other than by herself) was slim. And she knows better than to try something like this by herself - best to take a handful of trusted others with her, if she can persuade them to come along. Which is why she’s here, with one of the more… adventurous individuals she knows. And now that she’s thinking of it, she wonders if Weaver might be game as well.

But those are questions for down the line. One thing at a time.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The dragon chases Haai, and she offers a smoky puff of a yip in her excitement before spinning with a colliding slide against the floor, paws scrambling for purchase while she turns to try and give Loki a return chase. An act of play, of energy slipping out while the adults talked.

And talk they do, with Sunjata’s attention entirely on Wessex with the information that the seasonal god is beyond halo. The mention of warmth has his head tilting, a small smirk curling on the corners of his lips. “That sounds far better than Halo.” He rumbles with a light chuckle, reaching up to rub at his neck as he considers it.

Mm, well, if you’re looking for help I could probably offer mine. So long as it’s after Deepfrost.” A raise of his brow as he looks back to Wessex, wondering when exactly she might be planning on taking it on, if she needed the help or simply wanted back up just in case.
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Little more than a child, Loki hasn’t quite realized her size versus the size of other objects - is she big or small, how wide is her wingspan, how long is her tail? As the griffin turns on her, she slams on the breaks, baby claws scrabbling against the empty air as her tail flops down and she becomes quite ungainly. She does manage to turn, but not before Haai is terribly close to her. She tries to evade by zooming towards the boxing ring itself.

“What, you don’t find the cold to your liking?” she quips back, now finally realizing that she’s rarely seen him in Halo, other than when he helped her hunt. And if they’re being honest, if it weren’t for her immunity to the weather, she might hate it too.

“Oh no, I need to do some research first, if I can. See what I’m getting in to.” Tapping the side of her head in a knowing manner, Wessex indicates that she’s learned a lesson or two over the years. Don’t just run right into things. And then an afterthought. “And I’ll have to see who’s still around after Deepfrost…” Because they both know that a lot can happen between now and Flowerbirth. A fucking lot.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Haai has a bit more traction in the ring than the dragon does. And with it, the familiarity of her own limbs and how she’s grown. She’s been around for almost a year, fleshing out and hunting, built muscle with sharp claws and teeth to match. There’s a howl of excitement that leaves her as Loki takes a turn and redirects her course, the griffin scampering it after the dragon as if it’s the only care in the world.

Sunjata’s attention remains on Wessex through this all, a deep rumble of a chuckle leaving him as his shoulders rise and fall. “I never saw snow before arriving here.” He offers that tidbit with a slight tilt of his head. He can’t say he missed it after his few encounters with it. Too cold, too frozen and sharp, too much to try and wade a path through.

A nod is given toward Wessex’s need for information, lips pursing slightly as he considers it. “Mm yeah, makes sense.” A lesson he likely should have done before rampaging to Halo and dealing with the dragon. But, hindsight was always 20/20 at the end of the day, and there’s nothing he can do about it now. “Supposedly things are calm here in Torchline in comparison to the Grounds. I’m staying here through it so I should hopefully be safe.” A rogue grin crosses his face with that, despite the fact he’d still prepare for the worst just in case.
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Loki dares to look back at Haai as she flies through the unfamiliar room, and therein lies her first mistake. As she looks back to see where she’s going, she finds that a ring rope is closer than she anticipated and as she tries to turn out of the way, a wing clips it, throwing her into a spinning descent until she hits the ground in a thump, crying out in surprise at the clip and the crash - well, all of it.

At this point, Wessex turns to the noise, calling out to her companion in slight concern. “Loki? You all right?” The faintest chirp comes back, so she waits for a moment before returning to the conversation.

She still doesn’t know much about the Outlander, but the snow tidbit is hardly noteworthy. “Even before I Ascended I thought snow was overrated. Deepfrost was never easy. Always dreaded it coming.” Which is why it’s weird that she spend so much time in Halo now - maybe it’s because without the threat of LongNight in the region, without needing to eat and feed a family, she can now finally relax. Hmm. Maybe.

“Good call. Honestly, I don’t know why anyone who doesn’t have a family and a farm would stay in the Ground, given the option to leave.” Not wanting to go into the politics of the stubborn Naturals and how rude it would be to flood somewhere else with a thousand people, Wessex fully realizes that emptying the Ground would be unlikely. It’s all they can do to lessen the liability.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Haai watches the dragon as she turns to look back at her, a yip of a howl slipping from the griffin’s throat before Loki’s wing clips the side and the dragon goes tumbling. Of course, this alerts Haai especially so, having not wanted to hurt her new friend, and the griffin scampers over to sniff at and offer her own little boost of encouragement to the young dragon, large dark nose invading the dragon’s space to budge and sniff and offer support.

Sunjata’s distracted as well when the sound happens, gaze flickering over toward the space where Haai and Loki had disappeared off to, but he says nothing as he focuses back on Wessex. “I don’t doubt that.” He replies with a small smirk, understanding well enough the difficulties of it even despite just the one LongNight he’d spent within the Grounds.

People are stubborn.” He offers with a light shrug. “But, my home’s here. Nate and I will be here for the foreseeable future as far as I know.” His gaze levels on Wessex then. “Where do you plan on going for LongNight?” Unsure whether the Wraith would prefer to spend the week back in her home or away from it.
SUNJATA