Mini Event Something is Afoot!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
don't pull me, don't pull me down from the ceiling
Deepfrost was always a hard, dreary time. No matter how you tried to lighten it up, people were almost inevitably going to die in LongNight, the days were cold and short, the nights were dark and long, people's fields were bare and their hands shook in the biting winds. Bastien particularly hated it, even with his Ascended proclivity for the dark and his resistance to cold: it just was not a very sexy season.

Some fun was in order, then, but he'd already done the orgy thing so recently; trying to think of something new his mind had wandered back to Venice, where it had once been very popular with the nobles he had known to run 'mystery' parties. Horribly dorky, usually very expensive (he had made several props and paintings on commission for these events and had always charged more than necessary) and yet, a lot of fun by all accounts.

Maybe a murder plot was a little on the nose for this deadly season, but people liked to see their own circumstances reflected in fiction...deciding to see if he could gather any interest, he put a notice out.

SOME ESCAPISM ON OFFER AT THE ARTIST'S SANCTUARY

COME FOR A NIGHT OF MYSTERY AND INTRIGUE!
ARRIVE AT 7PM ON THE FIRST DAY OF DEEPFROST: YOU WILL FIND A CHARMING PARTY...BUT IS THAT ALL???

Dress fancifully, sexily and ready to have the best night of your life.

Hopefully that was delightfully mysterious enough. He had put more effort into the decoration of the Artist's Sanctuary, which was fitted out to look like the fine dining room of a hob-nobbing noble, all red curtains and tall flutes of wine, gold-gilded tables and tasselled cushions on the couches. Bastien himself sat in the middle of the main couch, one leg crossed over the other in his rather classy outfit, sipping at wine as he waited for his guests (and for Rexanna, who had yet to come downstairs).

--
This is a murder mystery party!
We can take 6 people MAX.
1. Rexanna (Reserved)
2. Oliver (Reserved)
3. Osozo
4. Aisha
5. Melita

How will this work?

Of the 6 attendees, one of them will die (pretend-die, obviously, lol) next round (they have already volunteered secretly for this). One of the 6 attendees will be DM'd to be told they are the KILLER (IC, Bastien will slip them a note). Then the mystery begins: the group will discover a series of clues and try to come to conclusion by the time the clock strikes midnight (max. 8 rounds) - the killer should spend their time trying to knock everyone else off the trail! If the group get it right at the end each will get a small prize; if the killer manages to trick the whole group they will get a large prize.

This might run a little bumpy because it's my first time trying to do something like this, so please have patience with me! I'm hoping it'll be really fun.

Please write a post of your character arriving!
BASTIEN
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
don't go blindly into the dark, in every one of us shines the light of love
In all honesty, this was a lot better than she had expected. And with it, she’d helped Bastien prepare the best she could before disappearing upstairs to get ready on her end of it. There wasn’t much to be done for her really, aside from slipping into a dress and doing a bit of hair and makeup to try and hide the exhaustion that clung to her. Bastien was better at pretending it wasn’t there – but between being Queen and the Deepfrost prep in order to help save those around them for LongNight… Well, there was something to be said about how much she had on her plate.

A lot, really.

But she’s finally ready, stepping down the stairs to greet her husband and the guests that arrive – grabbing a glass of wine for herself and moving over toward him to place a light kiss to Bastien’s cheek. She wears gold and black as she always does, a bit of frills attached at the bottom that swished while she walked, and her hair done back in a beautiful braid. The dress itself was backless, revealing the expanse of pale skin yet still clinging to her curves.

And then she waits for the party to start, sipping delicately as she settles in a seat as well, flashing a brilliant fanged grin surrounded in ruby red toward her husband.
Rexanna
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Oliver
With the arrival of Deepfrost things were, quite honestly, miserable as shit. It was dreary, cold, dark, and all around a constant feeling of dread. So safe to say, Oliver was occupying himself with things as much as physically possible to the point of exhaustion. From helping out others, to going to his blacksmith shop, and to just trying to spend as much time with people as he could. It should be no surprise to anyone that Oliver would immediately decide to go to such an event when he saw the posting.

Arriving, Oliver wore quite a few layers, but once inside he started to shed away, revealing quite a beautiful outfit (that just happens to be the table). Hopefully the host and hostess would agree that he looked absolutely amazing in this outfit.

With his extra layers placed off to the side, Oliver made his way over to Bastien and offered the man a smile. "Thank you for having this, Bastien." As he spoke he poured himself a glass of wine before sitting down leaning back. The glass was lifted up to his lips to allow a sip of wine. Turning to look at Rexanna, Oliver too offers her a smile. "You look absolutely beautiful tonight."
My heart beating, my soul breathing,
I found my life when I laid it down,
Upward falling, spirit soaring

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Osozo
all watched over by machines of loving grace

The notice posted had caught Osozo’s attention immediately, the idea of a night of mystery seeming like a delightful chance to get to know more children of the voice, more people in general. They had no idea what to expect, no frame of reference for fancifully or secily, and compensated for it by being loud, the bright pastel swirl of their hair matching the colours on their outfit.

Apparently, the Demi-god has arrived early this can’t be what all parties are like?, the small gathering still quiet, without the excitement the poster had promised. Still, they were here now, they were going to enjoy themself. ”It’s a pleasure to see you again!” They announce, striding towards Bastien with a sharp smile. ”And you as well.” Osozo tips towards Rexanna, head dipping slightly as they do. Then, they turn to the only other guest so far, bright eyes looking him up and down. ”I don’t believe we’ve met. I am Osozo.” They close their teeth over the consonants, making them buzz.

Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
my lovely prey, i'm a cliche
Deepfrost wasn't found to be a welcome change. There were many things she disliked about winter, but above all was the cold. Here in this world, the temperatures were already well below what she was used to, she could already feel a layer of stress being added to her already bothersome pile.

However tonight wasn't to be a night of worry, or cold, but a night of fun. It was from Oliver's lips that she'd heard about it, he told her everything it seemed, and she'd come to expect little notifications and updates from her friend. She didn't know what to expect from the 'charming party', but it was something to look forward to. She'd always been a party girl.

She arrived later than Oliver, donned in a black velvet dress the melted into the night, accentuating her curves, and showing off her caramel skin. Of course there were layers, jackets over it that she didn't take off until she was inside with the warmth.

To Oliver she shot a grin and a jump of her eyebrows, obviously excited to be here, participating in fun and oh! wine! Her eyes were on the refreshments, though good manners told her to introduce herself to the hosts first. The blonde woman, who's hair had been picked to be as voluminous as possible, made her way over to Bastien and Rexanna, "I'm Aisha, it's nice to meet you both," she offered, an easygoing smile creased at her eyes, though they danced with a fervent flame.

After the introduction she helped herself to some wine, then seated herself by Oliver, offering the other guest, Osozo, and smile as she tipped her glass.
for us, the bourgeoisie, so care free
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
every time she burns to ashes
Melita had been floating in and out of the portals, though mostly occupying her time in Torchline. Her recent ramble into the Hollowed Grounds had insinuated some form of a murder mystery party – completely up her alley with mischief, and some sort of plot in the works. The youth wasn’t entirely sure or certain of how it all worked, the notion of fun had simply sent in her the direction of the Artist’s Sanctuary.

Of course, she hadn’t arrived properly – one was lucky to find her with her hair brushed most days – but the dress she wore might’ve been suitable (no bloodstains!), with Fangorn in her arms. The youth rushed in, excitement and ebullience in haphazard delight along her features, waving excitedly to those she knew; Rexanna, Bastien, and Oliver, uncertain who the others were, but willing to mingle and wander before everything began.
she knows how to rise again
Melita
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
And so they arrived: Not quite as many as he wanted, but Bastien was nothing if not inventive. Taking a quick scan of who had arrived he greeted them all, made sure everyone had wine then went off to do some preparations, letting his guests get to know each other over their drinks. He was back in about fifteen minutes, at which point he clapped his hands together to draw their attention.

"My guests!" Bastien grinned at each guest. "You have come for a night of mystery and intrigue...and so we will provide one. Of course--" Before Bastien could continue, the candles keeping the room lit suddenly blew out, leaving the studio in darkness: for the Ascended present the effect would be lesser, but he hoped they might give him some artistic leeway as Rexanna fell to the ground: when Bastien went to light the candles again she was laid on the floor, red liquid seeping from the back of her dress. "Oh, no!" Bastien wailed in theatrical tones, falling to his knees. "My beautiful wife has been marred and murdered! We must find the culprit! Why...it could only be...one of you!"

Indeed, the 'murderer' would have, in a moment where Bastien had been busy pottering about, have received a note delivered subtly to their hand informing them of their role. He trusted they would know this was to be a secret. "We must find who..! How..! I cannot rest until this mystery is solved!" Bastien had always been a wonderful host and entertainer...not so much an actor. His cheesy dialogue was only made more redundant by the badly hidden smile on his face.

"There must be clues around this guild...go, find them! I must mourn." He commanded, falling down to kiss Rexanna on the cheek (and whisper in her ear that she had given a magnificent performance). Looking up one last time, he added: "If you need any help...I suppose I could be dragged from my sadness enough for one moment to assist."

--
Choose a room to begin searching for clues in! Put at the end of your post what room you choose. Your options are:

1. The Studio
2. The Back Room
3. The Back Yard
4. The Bedroom

More than one person can go to a place!

The murderer has been PMed! Please don't ask OOC who it is, that'll ruin the fun : )
No post order!
Rexanna has been 'killed' and doesn't need to reply for now!
BASTIEN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The party itself had been mildly entertaining, wining and dining, mingling and unfurling, and then everything turned, hastened, shifted. Bastien and Rexanna performed, the Penumbra and Queen with her graceful fall, her husband in wild theatrics; Melita was half-concern, peeking over shoulders to see Rex’s the red liquid (not really dead then; a hallucination, a figment, a trick; which gave the youth semblances of relief), and then half-amusement. This would be far more entertaining than anything else she’d been doing lately.

She listened to the directions, gilded gaze falling to anything else that might have segmented, hinted, at a clue. Would she need Bastien for assistance? The youth hadn’t been much of a detective, but infinite curiosity and audacity had lent her some distinction, information, and sagacity once or twice. Her eyes went towards the others too, wondering if things would be shared, or kept hush-hush, more secrets and uncertainties. And which one of them could’ve done it…

On nothing more than instinct and impulsivity, the youth and her companion turned towards the Studio, hoping to find something to decipher what had truly happened here.

--

Melita is heading for the Studio!
Melita
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Oliver
Blue eyes searched over the first person to arrive after him, a peculiar individual, one that Oliver had never seen before. The outfit was bright, loud. Then he was approached by them, Osozo was their name. Nodding to the individual, Oliver offered them a small smile. "I'm Oliver, it's a pleasure to meet you." Seeing as Bastien and Rexanna were both friends with this Osozo, surely they would be safe to speak with?

Next came a very familiar face. Smiling at the blonde, Oliver gestured for her to come closer before sipping at his wine. Once she was sat down, he leaned in to whisper to her. "Glad you could make it. If you're interested in joining the guild, Bastien is the guy to talk to." It was quiet, but would probably be audible if the others were listening and honestly, he didn't mind if they did.

Lastly was another familiar face. Melita. She was quiet, but honestly Oliver didn't mind it as soon, the game was starting.

Bastien showed that he was more than an impeccable artist, for he was also a fantastic storyteller. It was very dramatic and honestly, quite fun. A thump signaled and soon, Rexanna was on the floor. If this had been any other moment, Oliver would've rushed to her side, but it was all a game, judging by how the story continued on. And off they went!

With a final glance at everyone else, he offered Aisha a shrug before getting up. Refilling his wine glass one final time, Oliver chose to make his way into the Bedroom. The backroom room... would probably bring up a lot of memories right now and so, Aisha or Osozo could totally go there. Yeah.

Stepping into the bedroom, he took a sip of the wine and started looking for this 'clue' that Bastien hinted at.

Oliver has chosen the bedroom!
My heart beating, my soul breathing,
I found my life when I laid it down,
Upward falling, spirit soaring

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Osozo

Parties were already a new experience for the demi-god, though their naturally flamboyant nature made them well suited to the environment, at least at first glance, easily casual conversation flowing from them. It's good the true show started when it did, before they had the chance to get weird.

As the light's go out, as Rexanna dies, Osozo seems to be thoroughly convinced by the acting, a hand lifted to their mouth. At least they have the sense to not truly get involved, the chance to realize this is all part of it, and grow enchanted by the night all over again. They listen carefully to the instructions, the story that Bastien hams out, and as soon as they're sent to find clues, off they go, considering sticking close to someone else, but deciding against it.

If there are clues to be found, they won't share the spotlight with someone else. So they head towards the backroom, wide eyes taking in everything in the room quickly, before they delved deeper for clues.

Osozo takes the back room

Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
my lovely prey, i'm a cliche
One more arrived to join the show, a red haired woman, young and excited to join the group. Aisha didn't know her, though there weren't many there she did. She leaned closer to Oliver as he spoke to her, feeling somewhat important, the gossiping duo. It was her ego of course, that made her believe all eyes were on them, or maybe just the kinetic quiet that buzzed around them, cut by their whispers.

Before she could respond to her friend, the host clapped for their attention, Aisha drawing her gaze up to him with an amused smile on her face. The sudden flush of the candles drew an anticipatory breath to her lips, her eyes widening in the dark. When the candles were lit once more, the hostess was 'dead' on the floor, in a pool of crimson. Aisha couldn't help but giggle a little, at the theatrical nature of the night. She adored it so.

Upon his accusation, Aisha glanced around the room at the others. She inched playfully away from Oliver, jumping her eyebrows at him with a jaunty intrigue. With clues to be found and rooms to be searched, Aisha let the others go their way before heading to the back yard, to see what the open night might provide.

Aisha goes to the back yard!
for us, the bourgeoisie, so care free
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Everyone split off into different places, Bastien sitting up with a laugh once they had all run off and helping Rex to sit up too, hugging her and praising her masterful performance. For the moment they were alone as everyone went off to find their clues, but he was sure they would come back later, so he was ready at a moment's notice to put his weepy eyes back on.

Melita went to the Studio, the space closest to Bastien and Rexanna. Rather than it's usual haphazard and messy appearance she would find it swept clean and organised...perhaps a little too organised. The only thing of note is a shelf before her bearing several pots, but at a quick glance they don't seem to reveal much. Perhaps she ought to look closer (and roll better).

Oliver went upstairs to the bedroom. An absolute menagerie of colour and clutter, it boomed with Rexanna and Bastien's personality, so many things crowding the room that it was hard to get anywhere except the bed in the middle. However, there was one thing out of place, a black corner sticking out from under the bed...

Under closer examination, it would reveal itself to be a locked briefcase with a combination lock that took three numbers.

Osozo went to the back room. In there laid plenty of low couches and toys of a particular nature. What might be of interest to Osozo though was a painted message on the wall, one that consisted of the words: HES HOW ETERNED TALS. What did it mean? Who knows?

Aisha went to the back yard. The unkempt patio, small but bursting with nearly-dead weeds and hardy Deepfrost blooms, didn't have much of note to it...except for one rock by the entrance that was clearly on top of a piece of paper, one that when lifted would read: 2.345621 312 54231.

--
You can choose to go to another room to help someone else look, investigate your own clue further or come back to the main room to try and consolidate your clues with everyone else! Up to you! :)

You cannot solve this without working together.
BASTIEN

Change author:
Osozo

The back room immediately opens a dozen doors to things Osozo had never given thought to before, and in almost the same instant, closes all of those doors again. It seems to overwhelming to deal with, better to not, not for some time at least. Thankfully, there is an actual clue in the room as well, words scrawled on the wall, seemingly nonsensical. Osozo stared at them a moment, a hand coming up to stroke their chin. Then, as if lightning struck, they nodded, and sent a cursory look around the room again before stepping back out of it, closing the door behind them.

Bastien is offered a sympathetic, but mechanical, pat to the shoulder, as Osozo passes, stepping into the studio after the fiery headed girl, the last one to arrive, and the one who didn't seem to already be friends with those in attendance. "Have you found anything in here?" They ask smoothly, hands folded neatly behind their back, hair and eyes shifting until they settle in a bright orange, an almost unintentional imitation.

Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Perhaps the largest thing of note within the Studio was how it was so…pristine. Melita’s latest venture into the confines had relayed that most of the time it wasn’t in such clean and proper order – she could remember hues of every color draped along walls and canvases. Here, where art had a mastery all its own, there should’ve been the same.

Her hands went to the pots, digging around a little, wondering if something had slipped within. She lifted them several times, checking the contents, snooping and maneuvering things where she could obtain the best light. Fangorn grumbled momentarily, and the girl swung around to see another approaching.

An unfamiliar face at that – and she tilted her head as she watched the figure alter their hair, eyes, into orange. A feral little grin peeked along her mouth. "Neat trick.”

Then she shrugged. “Not yet – I thought I’d look in here.” She shook one of the pots in her hands. “Have you found anything?”
Melita