Mini Event Something is Afoot!
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
my lovely prey, i'm a cliche
The rock near the entrance was so obviously placed, but she loved every minute of finding it and getting that excited rush. That was until she read the clue and realized she had no idea what it meant. Numbers, of how she loathed numbers. Much like her player who passed algebra with an exact borderline grade, she'd never been one for equations. Why the decimal? and the spaces in between some numbers.

It was still a clue, one she had every intent of deciphering, and so with another look around the patio, peeking through the early Deepfrost buds, she hurried back inside, loudly whispering "Oliver, Oliver" all the way to the bedroom where he'd disappeared to. "Hey, what'd you find," she said, with a soft smile on her lips, and fiery curiosity in her eyes.

Aisha takes her clue to the bedroom to conspire and search with Oliver
for us, the bourgeoisie, so care free
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Oliver
His eyes wandered around the room, searching and carefully taking everything into consideration. Nothing was too odd until his eyes finally landed at the base of the bed. Just as he was about to take a step forward, a certain familiar voice called out to him, speaking in such a soft tone. Looking over his shoulder, he finally saw Aisha and smiled at he. "Not sure yet, I'm about to check it out."

Turning to face the bed once more he finally took a couple more steps forward before kneeling down. A hand carefully placed on the object and tried to pull it out, hoping that he'd be able to get a good look at it. Otherwise, he was pretty much quiet, but that didn't mean he didn't want Aisha there as they could easily talk properly once he figured this out.

His hand rested on the box and he pulled out very carefully, making sure to not damage (or cause anything unwanted to happen) the object. Inspecting it, the lock was one of the first things he noticed. "Lets head back to the main room, we can all talk about what we've found hopefully. This thing needs a combination so maybe someone has found one?" There clearly wasn't one anywhere nearby.

Standing on up, Oliver starts to leave, hoping Aisha will follow him.

Oliver inspects the thing under the bed and pulls out the box! He chooses to not fiddle with the lock just yet, waiting until he can find out some more information. He then decides they should go back to the main room to discuss.
My heart beating, my soul breathing,
I found my life when I laid it down,
Upward falling, spirit soaring
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
don't pull me, don't pull me down from the ceiling
Bastien went right back to his silent wailing as Osozo appeared in the the studio, pretending as if Rexanna's sleeping form on the floor was the true horror of his dead wife. He too though was impressed by Osozo's changing hair and stopped his dramatics to 'ooh' at it for a moment, before going right back to his cries of discontent.

Melita though, when she stopped looking at Osozo's hair, would notice something on the pot she held, the first in the line of pots on the shelf. On the back of the pot was a smudged, dark number, a rough charcoal scratching that looked like a '7'.

Oliver and Aisha came into the studio next, Oliver holding the briefcase; Bastien smiled to see it, glad that he had found the clue in the mess of the bedroom. "Oh, you all have returned! Are you any closer to discovering the mystery?"

--

Osozo goes back into the studio to talk to Melita.
Melita grabs one of the pots. Luckily, she spots something on the back of the pot she holds: a number! Could there be more numbers on the pots next to it, which are conveniently descending in height order? ;D
Aisha takes her clue back to the bedroom to talk with Oliver, who suggests going back into the studio with the combination lock briefcase.

Now might be a good time to pool your clues and think about what to do next. Remember, you don't have to solve the puzzles, you could brute force it, if you really wanted to.
BASTIEN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
every time she burns to ashes
Besides the impressive, incredible hair changing abilities, Melita managed to discover something else along the pots: a number. Peering closer, it happened to be somewhat similar to a seven, and she wrinkled her nose at it, wondering what it could possibly mean. Between Bastien’s theatrics, she managed to search along the rest of the pots, hoping to conjure more clues.

With more of them arriving, the girl turned, shifting towards the group once more, holding the pot slightly aloft, so they could see where she’d found the etching. “Did anyone see anything with numbers?” Maybe they could pool resources, combine efforts, instead of meandering along individually.
she knows how to rise again
Melita
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
Aisha nodded at Oliver's reply, her eyes falling to the object of his own. A mysterious handle, dark an inviting was poised in it's hiding place, she crept close behind Oliver for a better look once he'd pulled it out. It was locked by a combination code, instantly Aisha thought of her own clue, the series of numbers. It was possible they were correlated, but it was probably a good idea to see what the other's had found first.

"Fun," she replied with a soft smirk, and followed her friend back to the main room, where the others gathered and Bastien was still locked in the throes of grief. A commendable venture on his part, as was Rexanna's. Her ascended lack of breathing adding a ghoulish effect. The redhead was the first to announce anything, and Aisha was the first to answer, "I did, under a rock outside" she said, unfolding her page and walking to Melita's side.

2.345621 312 54231, the girl showed it to the other, eager to hear what she had learned in return.

Aisha shares her clue of numbers with Melita!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Oliver
Bringing in the case, Oliver was extremely happy to hear that both Melita and Aisha had found things involving numbers. "I have a case, it needs numbers to unlock it." It wasn't numbers exactly, but it still answered Melita's question. Obviously, the combination to the lock was somewhere and hopefully, they had already found it! If not, then there was still more time to find it...right?

Glancing over Aisha's shoulder, Oliver looked at the sheet of paper, realizing that maybe that wasn't the answer to his lock. It was far too lengthy, while the lock on the briefcase was extremely short. "What numbers do you have, Melita? I think maybe those will be able to unlock the case, unless Osozo also found numbers." Why so many numbers?

Holding the briefcase, Oliver turned the lock towards Melita, hoping that she may try to put in her numbers.

Oliver mentions the briefcase and then turns it towards Melita so she can put in her numbers.

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Osozo
all watched over by machines of loving grace

Osozo looks curiously at te revealed number on the pot, leaning in as Melita turned the rest of them around, looking for more hidden numbers. They are distracted quickly though, by the other coming back into the room, the impromptu meeting of their little group again. The mood of the evening, the party, has gripped them completely, and they cast suspicious glances at each of the others, listening to the clues that had been found.

Sly, golden eyes turned to Oliver as their name was called, Osozo making a show of the long shake of their head, the slow shrug of their shoulders. ”No numbers. I did find a message on the wall though. Hes how eterned tals?” Their voice moves smoothly over the jumbled missive, their lips fighting to not quirk into a grin, eyes fighting to not flick around, instead moving to glance at Bastien.

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As everyone returned with their clues, Bastien watched eagerly behind his fake mask of despair; if he tilted his head down and looked up through his hair he was sure that no one could tell he was secretly enjoying himself (perhaps except Rexanna, who from her angle would see a very dumb smile on her husbands face).

They all kept working and he was thrilled to see them all come together. It was not a long or particularly difficult puzzle he had put out, but it was still satisfying to see it come together. Speaking out to the group, he asked: "Please tell me someone has an idea of what might have happened to my dear Rexanna?"

---
Melita looks through the rest of the pots. In descending size order, they seem to bear three numbers in succession, which have been PMed.

Aisha brings in her paper to show to Melita to share her numbers.

Oliver brings in the case and shows it to Melita.

Osozo shares their code.

No order! Y'all are getting close!
BASTIEN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Numbers upon numbers, shared amongst briefcases and messages, and the youth, who’d found an assortment of her own again, was only happy to share. If it was one step closer to their goal, of finding or discovering who the murderer was, then why not? The amount of minds pooled together here would certainly figure things out amongst themselves. Her eyes to the briefcase, but the youth would let Oliver take the credit for placing things within. “Hm, can you try 6, 7, then 3?” Maybe that would be the correct way? The girl was uncertain if the combination had to be formed in order, or just a bunch of assembled notions.

--

Melita shares her numbers!
Melita
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha was excited of course, but had no idea what to do with the clue she'd found. Right now they were working on finding the combination to the briefcase, and that worked just fine with her. They, could do it. She would sit back and watch and nod and assume they were doing it right because her and numbers were not the lucky combination. So she hovered over Oliver's shoulder and observed as Melita gave him a code to try, an impatient smile tugging faintly at her lips as she tried to imagine what the contents of the case might hold.

Aisha stands back and waits for the briefcase to be opened!
Blacksmith

Change author:
Oliver
Everyone had seemingly discovered something which is honestly fantastic news! Melita's and his clues were easy to understand, but Aisha and Ozoso? Their clues left him stumped. Long winded numbers and a sentence that included words that Oliver didn't even know what they meant. What's a Tal? Or tals? Nobody else seemed to know- or at least say anything. "Maybe the case will help us understand what the message means." It was something he was mostly saying for himself, but also to hopefully make Ozoso feel better? Maybe? Whatever.

It came off as a shock that Melita wanted him to input the numbers. Raising an eyebrow, he turned the case towards himself and went to input the numbers 6, 7, and 3 in that exact order, trusting that Melita would give him the real numbers.

Oliver has put in the numbers just like how Melita told them to him!

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Osozo
all watched over by machines of loving grace

Well now, they couldn't miss a chance to show off, could they? With a smug grin, they straightened, facing Bastien. "I know who it was!" They crow triumphantly, only deflating slightly when they followed it up with: "Though I can't say I know how."

A hand lifted to stroke at their chin, attention slipping to the case now, assuming the "murder weapon" would be revealed there, though, they did narrow their eyes suspiciously towards Melita as she gave out a string of numbers. They hadn't noticed the numbers on the pots, didn't know where the numbers she named came from.

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Melita gave the numbers to Oliver and he put them in, but the case stayed resolutely shut, giving out a click but the locks not letting go. Bastien, watching from his position knelt over Rexanna, gave her a quick amused smile. "Perhaps you ought to try another method."

Osozo spoke up and Bastien smiled at them, looked to the window to see the colour of the sky. "Well, I'll be calling your time soon to have worked this all out, so I hope everyone else can have the clarity you do." He had expected the Demi God to discover the answer quickly: something about them seemed switched on, keenly observant (ironic, since they didn't see the pots).

--

Oh no! It seems somewhere your wires have gotten crossed!

There is more than one way to do things, remember. ;D

You are on round 5/8. Remember, on round 8 you'll have to say who you think killed Rexanna and how!
BASTIEN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
She waited with bright, brilliant anticipation, leaning over to see, to bear witness, to what was contained within the briefcase. The youth hoped for a click of a lock releasing, the mystery unraveling, partially solved, but then…nothing. Her face scrunched up in minor disappointment. Had the numbers not been put in correctly? Were they out of order? Or were they simply not the right clues? “Darn,” she muttered, quietly, a frown managing to lace its way around her mouth. Osozo proclaimed they knew the answer, and her eyes glanced back to the Ascended, waiting for hear – but then they didn’t know how.

Well, there were enough of them here. Surely they could come up with something else. “Do we want to try to decipher any of the others?” She’d already calculated and devised Osozo’s words, the message on the wall, foundational pieces clear and concise. But what about Aisha’s code?
Melita