(SE) in too deep to go back again
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
promise me you won't die
having never skinny-dipped
He’s been hunting a Cloud Manta for a while now. Mostly for the idea of being able to breathe underwater for a normal swim, but also the added benefit of not having to be fully shifted if he didn’t want to be. It would help in instances of swimming – like he had with Nate – to keep from having to worry about something as shitty of a death to drowning when swimming was one of the things Sunjata knew how to do best.

So he’s got one in his sights, watching as it dips along the air toward the waves of water – prowling after it in his panther form, traversing into the water as far as he can go before he realizes he might lose the creature if he doesn’t get it as soon as possible. At least it’s deep enough now, treading out until he can fully shift into his orca form – diving beneath the waves to continue the hunt.

Sunjata's hunting a Cloud Manta in his orca shift. Open for anyone!! <3
in the moonlight
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Delta
It had been a while since Delta had seen a large creature in the water that was quite clearly a shifter (or someone who could use the ability of a shifter temporarily apparently). So it was a massive surprise to see the very familiar shape of an orca whale swimming through the water in the distance. Tilting her head, Delta started to swim closer. This one wasn't wild, most likely, but she was still going to be careful.

Calling out to the massive whale before her, Delta sounded a bit cautious, but also hopeful for a good interaction and maybe even a fun adventure. After all, it isn't often that she gets to speak with someone underwater that isn't a merfolk. Wessex, demi-god of the Voice, is that you? Her voice rang out and hopefully, the whale would respond to her. If not? Well... that really, really sucks. All of that excitement for nothing.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
promise me you won't die
Instincts mainly drive the orca as he slips through the water, fin disappearing beneath the waves, eyes and mind locked on the cloud manta — and he surges forward to try and latch onto its tail, to get it nearer to the surface so he might have a chance of spinning underneath it to slap the creature with the force of his tail fin, to daze it enough Sunjata might be able to take it out.

But just as his maw parts, reaching for the creature, a lilting voice erupts his thoughts and he misses, gnashing those teeth in his frustration. What? No. He sends back down the bond, not looking to see who’s voiced it, not caring when the creature he seeks is just barely out of reach again. Perhaps if Delta looks closer, she might see that Sunjata’s shift bears a few too many shark bites on black hide, something Wessex likely wouldn’t have when using his shift.

Yet, he still hunts, uncaring if the woman gets in the way of what he wants, those instincts fighting over with the tug and pull of his heart.
in the moonlight
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
don't you know there's a part of me
Things quickly escalate and are far from great. Swimming closer, it is very easy for Delta to see the cloud manta. Not one to mess with nature, she sat back and watched. The voice rang out in her ears and the whale sounded far from happy. Good thing she didn’t swim too close as she might’ve become bait

Following the whale, Delta made sure to keep a few feet between her and the creature. I’m sorry- I didn’t mean to offend you. There was a lingering in her voice. She wanted to say so much more, but the whale seemed so angry and unhappy. Maybe once the whale finished the hunt he would be more willing to talk? Not wanting to lose him, Delta continued to follow, watching the cloud manta and Sunjata with an intense gaze.
that longs to go into the unknown
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
promise me you won't die
The woman doesn’t leave him alone, unsurprisingly. But Sunjata keeps his attention and instincts on the cloud manta, speeding up to try and snatch the tail again, grasping it in his maw as he tugs back to slow the creature. It begins to flap around the water, and Sunjata spins beneath the waves and beneath the cloud manta, until he reaches a point where his tail would collide.

He aims to smack it against the creature, to throw it into a daze beneath the water, and it works, somewhat, as Sunjata turns to try and latch onto it with his teeth. Words infiltrate his head again, and his steel gaze focuses on the person that’s been following him, annoyed and still not quite done yet as the manta begins to writhe and wiggle. Do I look like her or something? He asks instead, though his voice is still laced with some annoyance, trying to shake his head back and forth to dig those teeth into the blubbery hide of the cloud manta.
in the moonlight
SuNJATA
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Watching the attack go down was actually pretty interesting. Delta made sure to keep a safe distance away, but her rather nice vision allowed for her to be able to see everything perfectly. The swift flick of the tail was a skilled move and Delta was massively impressed. The bite also proved to be well planned and Delta was throughly amazed. An attuned who could do such things in the water? It was incredibly and Delta’s eyes were wide.

The whale was very annoyed and Delta couldn’t blame him. The manta was still fighting back and she had also incorrectly identified him. I haven’t gotten a good look at you...but yes. She was a black and white whale, just like you. I’m sorry that I mistook you two- I’ve never seen a whale like you before. Delta could only hope that the whale forgave her and understood the mistake. While there may be differences, Delta still hadn’t gotten a very good look at either Wessex nor this whale. It would be hard to compare the two without such an observation.
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
promise me you won't die
He clamps down a bit more on the manta before it grows still, and Sunjata pauses in his attempts to try and ensure that it is dead — wafts of blood pouring out of the holes left behind from sharp teeth. And when Delta’s response clicks, he understands the confusion, though now he’s confused as to why Wessex had used the shift for something like this. What had she done with it? Just gone for a swim?

Which, fair enough really, but still.

He slowly releases the cloud manta from his maw just in time as the creature tries to wiggle out of the grasp, shooting for the surface as Sunjata keeps his eyes trained on it. Mother fucker. He curses, growling through the attuned bond and taking after the manta, this time biting down in a different section as to not damage the crystal but to still try and get it to a point of killing it. She probably used the shift I gave her. He sends back down the bond, thickly accented as he clamps down with another stream of blood from the manta, finally going limp.
in the moonlight
SuNJATA
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Unlike a couple of others (whom shall not be named), Delta had grown adjusted to watching animals be attacked and killed within the waters. Not only was it normally out of the question to tamper with nature, it was also how they lived. Hunting to survive and receive proper nutrients. It was something Delta had seen since she was a young fry and was far from weird. Though, it did mean that she had to be especially careful when swimming in her full fish form, but that was something she typically did in the safety of their kingdom.

It might've seemed strange to the orca that she was so calm, but Delta didn't mind for she was far too interested in this interesting conversation they had going on. Plus, she kinda wanted to know why he was hunting down the manta. Was it for food? Possibly, hopefully she'd find out with time.

He certainly seemed far from happy, especially when the manta almost got away, but was quick to grasp it once more. So you granted her the ability to shift? Can she use it again? Should she tell the mysterious orca why Wessex visited them? Maybe... it was kind of weird. Plus, it was his shift that she was using, seeing as the orca did know who she was apparently. She came to ask questions to us... wanted to learn more about the merfolk.
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
but is this what you want? what you wanted?
do you need love? am i enough for you?
Now that the creature is finally limp, he waits a few moments just to ensure it won’t try to act up again — though that predator part of him seems to scream that he’s won, he isn’t entirely sure he has just yet. So he listens instead, to the questions, wondering why it seemed so interesting though he hasn’t turned to look at her yet — still too focused on the prey in his maw to look around the waters surrounding him. Yeah something like that. She can’t use it again though unless I give it to her again. He shoots back, pausing and letting the manta go to bump it with his nose and ensure it’s dead.

The next statement that leaves Delta has his full attention, however, body turning to finally look at the woman that’s approached, confusion glimmering in the bond. Oh shit. You are real. He manages, slipping up with the manta toward the surface to shift back into himself, shirtless but wearing the shorts he’d shifted with — breaking the surface of the water to grab a mouthful of air, latching onto the cloud manta and inspecting it in the pale sunlight for the crystal — hand partially shifted to sharp pinpointed claws as he searches before attempting to slice the crystal out.
in time you'll find i've got my baggage too
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
How interesting! Delta was certainly learning more about this Voice and the ascended than ever before! And she's only met one! It's super interesting to learn and even though half the people she's spoken to have said to be wary of the Voice, Delta still wants to learn more. Yeah, she kinda has a prejudice, but she knows better than to assume absolutely everything.

This is even more news and she looks at him with wide eyes. How do you give her the ability? Do you just say 'I grant you my orca body' and then she has it? Oh how naive she was. Hopefully Sunjata would understand her intense lack of knowledge the moment that he saw her.

A giggle like sound left her lips at Sunjata's response, one that sounded very unique considering the fact that they were underwater. Following the man up to the surface, Delta popped her head above the water. "Yes, I am very much real," there is a light laugh to her voice. This was amusing to her, really, as so many individuals had been shocked to see her in person. "I am Delta and... you are?" Maybe now the orca man would be more happy to talk. But first...

"What do you plan to do with the manta?"
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He reaches the surface just as she sparks those questions, and he has to bite back a huff of laughter at the insanity of it all. She doesn’t know much about the Ascended then, it’s a good thing he’s intimately familiar with them. His hand partially shifts to those sharp claws and he begins to find where the crystal starts. “What? No. She bit me to get it.” He explains, keeping his focus on the manta limp in the water. While Wessex wasn’t the cause of the bites that litter his neck, some healed, some fresh, it might at least give an indication.

His gaze slides over to her briefly as she surfaces as well, the amusement vibrant within her that Sunjata can see nothing more than the ignorance of it. “Sunjata.” He offers, turning his gaze back toward the manta. “I want the crystal so I can breathe underwater without being shifted.” An easy fact, that has a tattooed shoulder shrugging toward her as he carves out around the crystal hoping to extract it.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The orca's response was eye-opening and though he sounded annoyed and confused, Delta pushed it to the side. He could judge her all he wanted but how was she supposed to know that? Clearly, he had lots of experience with these.... bites. That's... very interesting. She was going to say unsanitary, but that seemed a tad bit too rude of her to say. She had to hold her tongue sometimes even if she knew she was probably in the right.

It was nice of Sunjata to give her a name, even though he was very clearly annoyed. It sounded extraordinarily familiar, but she never wanted to make any assumptions. Though, it did feel very hard to talk with him. Her mind was racing and she had so many questions, so many comments to make, but he also seemed so angry and annoyed. Looks like she was going to be mature and ask the fancy questions right now. "Is this the only way for you to do that? To breathe underwater?" It certainly gave her many ideas that she would have to look into later. It seemed so barbaric to kill animals to breathe under water, surely there was an easier way that didn't require so much dedication. Hopefully Sunjata would use the rest of the manta for food.

"You are an attuned, right? Are you from a place different than Torchline?" She wanted to know where she had heard that name before so badly, but it seemed weird to just go 'hey your name is very familiar, why?'
delta
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It was interesting. And based off the number of bites both fresh and healed that linger along his skin, it might suggest that it’s something he indulges in quite often. Of course, not necessarily to give a shift for it, but to indulge in the sensation it brings. So instead of focusing on that, he focuses on the next question she poises while he carves the crystal out. “Yep. Not even the orca shift can breathe underwater.” He still has to surface for air, though it was not quite as often as he would if he were merely himself.

He looks back at her curiously when she asks if he’s attuned, a slow nod almost as if he’s saying ‘obviously’ though without uttering the words. “I’m an Outlander. I came from a different world, fell into the Hollowed Grounds.” He explains, pulling the crystal from the manta now and trying to decide what to do with it. He could haul it back home at some point or perhaps leave it for the creatures of the ocean to devour. “I work with the governor of Torchline now.” He adds on, a raise of a dark brow as he regards her with that tidbit of information.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
There is a raise of an eyebrow towards the human as Delta begins to realize this interaction wont be anything like the previous ones. All of her previous mouthbreather interactions were more positive and almost whimsical in nature. The human would be surprised and quite amusing, but this one? He seemed annoyed almost immediately, even when he discovered who she was. There is an extent to which Delta could understand the man being annoyed, but she also thought he seemed to be overreacting. How was she supposed to know so much when she had been underwater all her life? It was stupid and he seemed kind of stuck up. "Interesting... how long can the orca stay underwater in that case?" Yet another question, but hopefully it was worthy of his oh so precious time.

The story told was one she had heard many times. An individual who was brought to this Hollowed Ground place by a portal. Too bad she'd never get to see it as it seemed almost infested with these Outlanders, tons upon tons of them magically appearing. She was about to ask where he resided now but Sunjata answered it for her. Her eyebrows raised and she gave him a wide-eyed looked. "You work for the Governor? For Remi?" She had heard about him, but unfortunately wasn't granted the opportunity to meet him.

"What do you do for him? I... I actually have something important that I know I want to talk to him about.... but if you'd be willing to hear me out that'd be fine too." Delta assumed that Sunjata would already know of what she was going to ask him about, but it still was important she bring up her concern. Otherwise, how else was he supposed to know she was worried about it?
delta