Personal Quest (SE) we ain't going back
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Even when I look away, I’m still looking. He is inside his body, and I am inside my body, and it matters less and less
All his gusto and good intentions, and things had still managed to blow up in Nate's face. Bats and pests and old, mouldering furniture are all (quietly) huffed at. At least he hasn't really disturbed anything, and has a chance to turn back around, and reassess his needs. It was no problem, he was happy to help, after all. Then, because his luck had completely abandoned him, someone else disturbed the bats. They swarm, and Nate goes very still, hoping to not add to their panic any more than necessary. Not until he had a real plan.

At least it wasn't a plan he had to formulate alone. Sunjata joins him in the room, herding the bats towards the window. "How did you not notice this earlier?" Nate complains, the words cutting off and starting again whenever a wing gets too close to his mouth. He slowly tries to lift his own arms, half reaching for the attuned, and half trying to convince the bats to move away from him, towards the window preferably.

Regardless of whether they stop swarming him or not, Nate stares at the other man, defeat in his posture. "This room sucks already."

Nate tries to shoo the bats out the window and whines a lot.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
daydream about me, and i know that you hate the nights without me
As Kellan begins to work on cleaning up the room, the cobwebs and dust get into the pan relatively easily, dumped out the window easily as well. The glass itself is easy to remove, leaving the window open with a cool breeze that slips through. But when the hunter goes to move the bird nest, it might appear abandoned, but as he lifts the nest it wiggles an unearthed egg within it. And as the nest lands in the hunter’s hands, he will find one egg atop a couple others, and a crooning angry voice from outside.

Samuel has an easy time at first as well. The room is easy to sweep up and get most of the debris off the floor before the Ascended goes to pick up the scrap wood. Some of it is salvageable, added to a pile down below, while the rest of it seems to be rotted through with the work of some termites hiding out within the boards Sam had pulled up. The curtains themselves aren’t salvageable either, the fabric itself half held together on weak threads.

Melita’s attempts at clearing the room seem to go well at first. The pottery is picked up without incident, the larger items moved to one side of the wall without a single problem either. But by not covering the hole to the room next door, with the turmoil and things going on over there, one rogue bat does find its way through the hole, absently flinging itself toward girl and gourd alike, ramming right into her.

Nate’s luck does not get better, and as the bats start to fly around the Ascended in their swarming tendencies, he’ll find that as he begins to lift his arms slowly in search of Sunjata, a few bats ram themselves right into the Ascended’s arms and through his hair. Luckily for Nate, Sunjata’s there, working to compel the bats out the open window with much better success now, watching as they swarm through the window and leave the two of them alone. He turns to Nate then with an apologetic smile, reaching for him and pressing a kiss to his temple. “In all fairness, I just peeked in.” He offers by way of not noticing, because he hadn’t really looked either. Hovering his head beside Nate’s ear and giving him a gentle squeeze, he rumbles quietly only for Nate’s ears to hear. “I’ll make it up to you later.” A wink given toward the Ascended before Sunjata’s slipping toward the moth infested bed to remove it.

Welp, these rolls u guys lmao

Kellan needs to figure out what to do with the nest and an angry mother bird beginning to start something, Samuel has a termite problem, Melita has a bat in her room, and Sunjata and Nate still need to figure out what to do with the moth infested bed!

No post order <3
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
For once, things seemed to be going well and Kel might have almost been happy with the simple, productive work if his skin didn't continue to crawl thinking of the sharp-toothed Ascended just up the stairs. It kept him cautious and alert, and maybe that's why he managed to avoid cutting himself or dumping the dust all over himself as he tidied up.

Alas, things couldn't go so well forever.

Of course the nest was occupied, and Kel bit back a yelp as his casual retrieval turned into a careful juggling to try and protect the eggs still within. He had a soft spot for birds, a general weakness for anything feathered, and he didn't even think of tossing the nest aside.

But he didn't know what to do with it, either.

He headed for the hall, using little gusts of wind to try and keep the mother away while he shut the door and bought himself a few moments to breathe. "Is there a way up to the roof?" he called out, wincing a little at how he'd raised his voice but hoping either Sam next door or the tattooed proprietor upstairs would be able to answer him.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Even when I look away, I’m still looking. He is inside his body, and I am inside my body, and it matters less and less
While his own motions only seem to make things worse, bats slamming into him with every move he makes, there is at least some balm in the form of Sunjata. His presence is the only reason Nate can keep still, can stop himself from just swinging his arms wildly, frustration coming to a head as he feels wings tangling in his hair. Somehow though, the panicking creatures are convinced out the window, leaving him alone, finally.

Now bat free, Nate lifts one hand to run through his hair, trying to pull the strands back into something that looked at least partially intentional, and leans into the other man, the furrow between his brow saying exactly what he thought of Sunjata's peek. It only took a moment for him to lean into the slight embrace though, a snort leaving him at the offer. "You'd better make it up to me." Comes the mumble, before he follows the other man towards the bed. No matter how they did it, it was going to be a pain in the ass to manoeuvre down the stairs and outside, so he sighed, and grabbed an end. "Do you think we can save ourselves some time, and shove it through the window?" He asked, glancing towards it and trying to do the comparison in his head. The mattress at least should fold easily enough, and the rest of it can be broken down.
NATE
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Thank you for finding me
And thank you for the care
The second Sam picked up a wooden board containing termites he let out a less than dignified squeak and dropped it, stumbling several steps back and waving his hands. He'd fought monsters, debated people he'd once been terrified of...but a gross bug getting too close? There were some things that just never stopped being awful.

After a moment of letting himself be grossed out, Sam activated his barrier. Since it didn't affect inorganic objects, he figured it would reach under the floorboards and if he walked around the room, each termite under the floor would be zapped to death: at least he hoped so.

-
Sam activates his barrier and walks around to zap the termites under the floor.
And fuck you for making me
Think that this life might be fair
SAMUEL
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
you must burn brighter than ever
For a few moments, nothing goes awry. She worked efficiently, Fangorn a stalwart model of supervision, the larger items moved to one side so she’d be able to sweep up the remains of the mess on the floor.

A flutter of movement and motion coming from the intentionally forgotten hole in the wall gave her the slightest pause, but not long enough to do anything about it. A little flying thing came hurling out towards her, immediately entangled in her hair, an initial whim of panic skimming over her skin. While Fangorn hissed and grumbled, bounding over quickly at her feet, the youth refused to scream or holler; hands twisting over the animal lodged in her hair. “Hang on,” she mumbled, cursing under her breath, completely distracted from her tasks while striving to extract it.

--

Instead of doing anything useful, Melita attempts to get the bat out of her hair.
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Things continue to not go so well for Kellan, not as the careful juggling of the nest seems to aggravate the mother bird. The gusts of winds cause outrage with the avian, squawks loudly echoing through the room as the mother bird seeks any possible way to get through to get to her nest. Unfortunately, the loud squawking seems to drown out Kellan’s call for help, but down through the front of the Slagveld there’s a ledge off to the side that might have a bit of luck procuring a space for the nest and the equally upset mother.

Despite the squeak that leaves Samuel, the termites are entirely unbothered by him. And when the bookmaker drops the piece of wood and the termites go scattering, the pulse of the barrier certainly does stop them all in their tracks. It also certainly does kill all of the ones within Samuel’s range as well. Except now there’s a bigger mess to clean up, termite bodies litter the floor where the Ascended dropped the piece of wood and they’d all scattered. It’s a good thing Sam has a broom.

Melita and her bat seem to have a bit of a rough time together as well, as Melita gets nothing accomplished with her task in trying to remove the bat from her hair. Instead, the poor thing gets more tangled, squeaks leaving it within its panic as it starts to freak out even further. It grows more anxious, wings flapping and bouncing along the youth’s shoulder as it seems to burrow itself in even further.

Even though Nate has had a streak of poor luck this entire time, the Ascended finally gets a break. The bats leave him, and Sunjata approaches with a quiet promise, a hum of a chuckle at the mumbled answer. “I will.” He promises back, a dip of his head to that before Sunjata’s moving over to the moth infested mattress. Nate’s question is met with a glance up with Sunjata’s steel gaze, contemplating while Nate grabs the other end. “Yeah sure, why not.” He rumbles with an amused smirk crossing his face, before working with Nate to fold up the mattress, trying to avoid the moths that sprout and try to dive for his face. The two work well together, getting it to the window, and Sunjata peers down at the alley below to make sure nobody’s coming through that might get squished by it. When the coast is clear, he works with Nate to try and shove the mattress through. It goes well at first, at least, Nate’s side moving much easier than Sunjata’s as it gets snagged, and when he goes to shove it all the way through, Sunjata’s hand slips against a nail poking out from the windowsill, sprouting a line of blood and a surprising amount of sting accompanying it. “Ah fuck.” He hisses, pulling his hand back as Nate pushes the mattress all the way through, blood beginning to pool up in Sunjata’s hand.

Kellan unfortunately gets drowned out by the squawk of the momma bird! Sam has pretty good luck in getting the termites dead but there's a mess of them left behind. Poor Melita still has the bat stuck in her hair. Nate manages to do most of the work in getting the mattress out the window while Sunjata slices his hand open on a nail.

Keep on keepin' on!! No post order <3
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
you must burn brighter than ever
So, that hadn’t worked.

She continued to gently try and remove the bat, but as it decided to become an anxious, fretting mess, tangling further into her locks, the youth sighed. Fangorn, beloved vampire gourd that he was, grumbled and hissed, bounding over to see if he could assist. The girl snorted at the ridiculousness of the situation, but sat herself on the floor, with the bat bounding and bouncing against her shoulder, so the pumpkin’s fangs could try and grab hold of the animal.

Thereafter, whether or not the notions were successful (and she could pry it out of her companion’s jaws), Melita would attempt to sweep up the remains of the pottery; needing to get back on track to accomplish any of the tasks remaining.

--

Fangorn tries to get the bat out of Melita’s hair, and she tries to sweep up the pottery shards.
Melita
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Thank you for finding me
While Sam was certainly glad to see the termites had stopping moving, there was still the unpleasant job of cleaning them all up. With a sigh he reached for the broom and began to sweep them, keeping the broom as far from his body as he could and pushing the bugs into a pile at arms length. Once he'd gotten them into one area he would try and brush them into a corner where hopefully someone else could deal with them later.

With that hopefully sorted he went to continue fixing the curtains and pole, cleaning up the area.

--
Sam sweeps the termites into a corner and goes to finish off with the curtains.
SAMUEL
Hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
His heart ached for the mother, but now that he had dislodged the nest there wasn't an easy way to put it back and he was afraid that if he tried, the Ascended monster and his tattooed friend would just toss the nest out, eggs and all, when they discovered it. That fear kept him from heading up the stairs to investigate a roof access, and instead he headed down, looking hurriedly about. But there would be too many people inside, too much coming and going. The mother would never be able to settle in to brood, constatly disturbed by all the motion.

Ducking outside, he quickly realized the front of the building would have the same issues as the room with the boxing room. But there was an alley to the side, the same one he'd knocked some of the window glass into, and he headed back there, hoping to find a home for the nest atop a window frame or a nook of the building, out of the reach of the local cats. Afterwards he could maybe get the glass picked up before one of the urchins cut their bare feet on it...

Kel tries to find a place for the nest in the back alley, and to pick up the glass out there. Not sure if it's before or after the mattress comes down?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Now that the bats were gone, it's easy to move to the next task, taking care of the mattress. Nate's suggestion is lazy, a little irresponsible, but he beams when the other man agrees to it, and lifts the mattress, angling it and folding it so it can actually be shoved through the window. Compared to the creatures from earlier, the moths don't bother him at all, and between him and Sunjata, it's easy work. Or at least, it should be.

Nate doesn't notice why Sunjata pulls away at first, he just reaches over to finish the job of shoving it through. There's a cocky smirk on his face when he turns, brow raised in anticipation of the tease that's about to leave him, though it never gets a chance, stalling his throat when he sees the shock of red. A sympathetic wince flashes over his face as he reaches out, lifting Sunjata's wrist higher while he pats his pockets, looking for something to bandage the wound.

He doesn't have anything, and there's no way he's trusting a single thing in the room, so he heaves out a sigh, resigning himself to finding the first aid kit he knows is on the bottom floor. "Keep it up, above your shoulders at least. I'll be right back." It's a quick trip, heavy steps carrying him down and back up, quick eyes taking in the progress of the rest of the rooms while he goes, though nothing distracts him from his task. And when he's back in the room well practised hands make quick work of the bandaging. Bright blue eyes find steel ones, not moving away as Nate lifts the wrist up to his lips. The tenderness lasts a moment, then Nate steps away, looking around the room. "Rest of this can go the same way, probably." He suggests, gesturing to the rest of the ruined furniture.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Fangorn is successful in getting the bat out of Melita ’s hair, pulling at strands and curls of red until the creature is out of the entrapment. It flutters nearby the window to settle, to catch its breath and get a better idea of what’s going on. She cleans up the remains of the pottery easily enough and discards them. The rest of the room gets cleaned up despite the hole in the wall – something to perhaps be fixed at a later date. But for the most part, everything seems clear enough.

On the second floor, Samuel has decent luck in getting the room sorted and cleaned, the curtains fixed and drawn to ward out the heat and boards put back together. The murder corner of the bugs can be dealt with later, as they’re certainly not going anywhere, and with that job done Sam’s room is clean enough to be considered done.

Kellan will find that the mother bird will follow him, warily, quite watchfully, as he goes to the alley to the side and finds a ledge to place the nest on. Once he’s out of the way, the mother bird returns to it to inspect it, ensuring all the eggs are there and not disturbed or broken, quiet chirps and croons of content leaving the avian though she still keeps her piercing gaze on the hunter as he cleans up the glass.

Nate and Sunjata have their fun of shoving the mattress through the window down to the ground below before Sunjata manages to slice his hand open on one of those rogue nails, hissing briefly before Nate’s attention is on him. He doesn’t notice the initial cocky smirk, too focused on seeing how deep the cut is for the amount of ruby blood that’s pouring out of it, before letting Nate readjust his hand to hold it up, resting back against the wall as the Ascended departs to find the first aid kit. “Alright.” With not much else to do, he does wait. Luckily, it doesn’t take long for Nate to reappear, to bandage him up and place a soft kiss to his wrist, a rogue smirk crossing Sunjata’s face. “Here’s hoping I don’t get tetanus.” He snorts, wiggling his hand a bit and finding that he can still move his fingers relatively well. At least the wound is on his right hand and shouldn’t be getting too much work.

The rest of it, as Nate said, is easy enough to toss out the window until the room is roughly barren, and there’s a pile outside for people to take from if they want some ruined furniture. But the rest of it Sunjata can handle with his guildmates to fully prepare it for its function. With that done, he tugs Nate along to head back downstairs, poking his head into each room in search of each person to have them meet down below, half tempted to not say anything to Samuel – but he’s trying to be nice, all things considered, so he does anyway. And when he reaches the base, he rubs at the bandage briefly before focusing on everyone. “Thanks for the hard work. Rest of it we can handle from here.” He rumbles, glancing to everyone, but throwing a wink Nate’s way and waiting for the protest. “Feel free to use the ring whenever you need to.” That should be payment enough, yeah?

Done! ty <3 feel free to have them finish up the rooms or not and depart or stay! whichever ;D
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Thank you for finding me
Sam, once his room was decidedly clean, was keen to leave. He was half-regretting his choice to come anyway, wondering if he'd made things more awkward than before by not saying anything to either of the hosts. Nodding mutely at Sunjata's words he made a swift exit once the chance arose, thinking he'd like to avoid the house from now on if he could help it. Seeing Nate's dumb face was something he wanted to do as little as possible.
SAMUEL
Hunter

Change author:
The nest was kept safe, and Kel was glad he'd been able to protect the eggs and keep the woven bed of straw and twigs intact as he finally found a safe place for it. He dipped his head to the mother bird in apology, admiring her bright eyes and graceful beak, his smile wistful for a moment as she brought to mind a memory of another bird, dark feathered and bold, but he shook off the nostalgia with a sigh and turned back to the Slagveld's main room.

His room needed a new window, but he saw no panes of glass lying around, nor any idea how to make one or where to get one. The young hunter hesitated about whether to go back up the stairs or not, not wanting to run into the proprietor's monstrous puppetmaster in the close confines of the hall, but Sam's appearance downstairs gave him a reason to linger there. Before he could approach the redhead, though, Sunjata reappeared with the cruel fanged man in tow.

He didn't know that he'd be back, and the work he'd done hadn't earned so much as a mouthful of bread, but who could argue with the region's Arbiter? Mouth tightening in frustration at being so easily taken advantage of yet again, Kel gathered his weapons and followed the other quiet man out, shoulder blades itching at turning his back on Nate again.

{Fin for Kel}