Personal Quest (SE) we ain't going back
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
daydream about me, and i know that you hate the nights without me
He’d gotten a majority of the important things from the Advocates in the Grounds, leaving a few things behind to pick up at a later date – perhaps with help? – Before arriving at the Slagveld. He planned on making headquarters here, but there was a problem when it came to recruiting help. His guild was supposed to be a secret, hidden away, on a need to know basis. This would make it none of those things if he poised it as a guild activity, and so he takes a different tactic.

An attempt to expand the boxing ring, and see who shows.

The headquarters would be locked when it was deemed a location set for it – but the task today was simply clearing out the rooms attached upstairs above the boxing ring. It hadn’t been messed with in all the time he’d had the boxing ring, hadn’t felt a need to. Not until the task at hand needed to be completed. And what better than to pretend it was simply an addition for the ring he’d set up?

So he spreads word around – having a status in Haulani was good for it – and settles in at the Slagveld, waiting for those to arrive who wish to, boxes and trinkets around him.

If you need an SE to help a guild, this one counts! It’s just… Disguised ;)

Sunjata needs help clearing out the top two floors above the Slagveld (to be used for the Devil’s Advocates)!

1. Nate
2. Melita
3. Kellan
4. Samuel

No post order, just post your arrival <3
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Even when I look away, I’m still looking. He is inside his body, and I am inside my body, and it matters less and less
The Advocates are his guild, and Sunjata is his partner, so it's only obvious that Nate is at the Slagveld, ready to help with whatever, to move what needs to be moved in anticipation of expansion. Really, he didn't pay too much attention to what they were doing, just enough to ensure he knew what the cover was, and what he wasn't supposed to mention. Easy enough, especially for him.

Nate sits sprawled out on a box, as close beside Sunjata as he can manage, one leg on either side of the attuned's body, and whistles, waiting for the rest of the volunteers to arrive. There's a wide, lazy grin spread across his face, his bright gaze occasionally wandering around the ring, especially once others begin to arrive, but mostly locked on the other man.
NATE
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
you must burn brighter than ever
Sunjata was up to something again.

Melita was left out of the planning and plotting, once more, but if it was an expansion of the building already established as the boxing ring, it likely wasn’t anything too terrible. She’d long since learned to endure whatever ridiculous, asinine measures he’d come up with.

So she and Fangorn wandered in, pondering if she should be annoyed, irritated, or embrace that this was a normal emotion, rumination, and occurrence around her uncle. Instead of rampaging over though, she spied Nate, and finding him to be her favored of the adopted family currently, she ambled towards his direction, before loudly announcing her presence. “Here to help!” If there was a smirk embedded in her features, along with a challenging lift of her chin, ready for some brazen act of defiance, she said nothing about it.
Melita
Hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Brown skin tanned dark by the tropical sun and dark hair growing shaggy without proper care, Kel was struggling to find his feet on Caido. Surviving but not thriving, he had retreated back to the jungle when the Leafchange rains had washed the ash away but that was no way to live for long, alone and scrabbling to get by. He needed to get stronger, to find allies and people he could trust when so many of the Haulani and Kaiholo locals were more interested in scamming him - or worse.

Word of the project at the Slagveld had reached him while he was looking for work in town, starved for social contact and, like a kicked puppy, coming back once more to see if things had changed, if maybe this time it would be different. He slipped inside hesitantly, giving the fiery-haired woman a cautious nod as his eyes adjusted to the darker interior. "Hello, I'm here for..." He trailed off, eyes widening as he instinctively backed away a step at the sight of Nate perched possessively behind another rough-looking, tattooed man who seemed to be in charge.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Thank you for finding me
And thank you for the care
Sam had umm-ed and ahh-ed over coming to help with this particular cause, sure that it would be at least somewhat of a dramatic mess when he showed up to find Sunjata and Nate, but he was trying his best to help the local community while he stayed in Haulani and besides, he really wanted to put his and Nate's drama behind him.

Or at least, he did when he was feeling charitable. Other nights, he wanted the man to burn.

...Right now though, things were alright. Quietly he shuffled into the Slagveld with his hands clasped together, staying quiet at the back of the group for the moment, already beginning to regret showing up - but well ,he was there now.
And fuck you for making me
Think that this life might be fair
SAMUEL
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The boxes were stacked and relatively durable, all things considered. They had to have been, to make it from the Grounds to here. Still, he focuses a bit on the entrance, leaning back into Nate as the Ascended whistles. Melita is the first to arrive, granted a bright grin of a response in welcoming. “I knew you would be.” He assures her with a grin, having not invited her because he just had to assume she’d make her way here.

Next time, though, he makes sure to invite her along just to keep himself in her good graces.

The next that arrives, however, is one that Sunjata doesn’t recognize. He doesn’t know the point of the fear that seems to coat the other man with the wide eyes, the backed up step. “For the expansion, I hope.” He rumbles to the newcomer, thinking nothing of what kind of drama might align between him and Nate.

It isn’t until Samuel arrives that Sunjata’s ease begins to falter slightly – unsure how this is going to go. But Sunjata’s also a bit of a prick sometimes, and he tilts his head back into Nate’s chest with a rogue smirk to peer at the Ascended. “Shall we start?” A light hum granted to the dark haired man, before his hands raise to brush along Nate’s thigh as he pushes away.

Thanks for coming. We’ve got a bit of a clean-up to do upstairs. Two floors, a variety of rooms. We just need to make sure they’re clear and clean to move these boxes into.” Seemed simple enough, didn’t it? There were brooms and dust pans on the side, a few extra bits from the build of the Slagveld in case anything needed fixing and repairing. “Grab a broom and let’s get started, shall we?

DRAMAAAA LOVE IT

Alright, so there’s 2 floors, the top floor has 2 rooms, one big enough for a pair. Each other room likely can be handled by just one person! Pick which room you wanna clean and let’s get started <3 Sunjata will take whatever's left or whomever chooses to pair with him and pick that room!

Second floor, room 1: Kellan
Second floor, room 2: Samuel
Third floor, room 1: Melita
Third floor, room 2 (Pair): Nate & Sunjata

No post order!
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Even when I look away, I’m still looking. He is inside his body, and I am inside my body, and it matters less and less
Melita is the first to arrive, interrupting Nate's whistling so a bright smile can spread over his face instead, an arm stretching out in the offer of a quick hug, if she wants it.  He's about to settle into his song again when the second volunteer arrives, the man familiar in the worst way. It's a stroke of luck that he's behind the others, keeping his conspirators wink hidden behind their backs.

Then, of course, because things were already bad, they have to get worse, Sam is next to walk through the door. Nate has to literally bite down the sigh that threatens to leave him, erring on the side of civil, for the moment. It doesn't stop his cold eyes staring at the ginger though, right up until Sunjata leans into him. "Floor's all yours, dikbek." He rumbles back, leaning up into the touches, his own hand coming up to run across the attuned's shoulders fondly.

Before the explanation is even finished, Nate is rising to his feet properly, moving to grab a broom and a dustpan. The rest of the supplies are glanced at, but ignored for the moment, no point in moving around things he won't use. "I'll get the top floor." He called quickly, already heading up the two flights of stairs, and into the largest room. Might as well start with the biggest job first, right?
NATE
Hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Kel would have fled right then and there if someone hadn't been coming in behind him. He (barely) managed to avoid bumping into the redhead, but his escape was interrupted and the leader of the group - someone from the government, if the rumors about the place were true? - was speaking to him so that he nodded his head in miserable agreement, trying not to meet Nate's eyes.

At least the work sounded simple enough, as it was explained. He waited for the Ascended bully to choose where he was going, and flinched at hearing he was going to the top floor. It was where Kel had initially planned on going - up, towards the sky, towards the open air, that had always meant safety before - but now he silently took a broom in fingers he had to fight to keep steady and headed towards the second floor - giving Nate plenty of room to head up first.

He picked the room closest to the stairs, closest to escape if he needed it, and desultorily began to sweep, tense and twitchy as he kept looking to the door to make sure it remained empty.

Kellan chooses Second Floor, room 1!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Thank you for finding me
Neither Sunjata or Nate said anything about his arrival, so Sam took that as an acceptance of sorts. Still, he wasn't going to push it and listened to where Nate was going (ugh, did he have to be so touchy with Sunjata in public? It was like watching a pair of teenagers) so he could make sure he was as far away as possible. Second floor it was then.

Heading up one flight of stairs, Sam went to the room that Kellan had left behind, pleased when he looked in to find it was not as big a space as the one he had had to clear out for the Grounders. Well-used to sweeping floors from his long nights at the Atheneum where cleaning could often serve as a good break between hours of writing, he took a broom and began to sweep, humming to himself as he pushed around the dust.

--
Sam takes second floor room 2!
SAMUEL
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Strangers emerged and Samuel followed; Melita found herself tipping her head curiously at the silent interaction between Nate, and…seemingly everyone around them. Some sort of theatrics and drama (because where Sunjata existed, the latter seemed to follow)? A portion of her half-hoped to dig straight into it, but then her uncle was giving orders and directions, and she was forced to turn back towards him with a furrowed brow (she didn’t believe his statement for a second).

Indifferent towards whatever room she occupied and cleaned, the youth maneuvered to grab a broom and dust pan, uncertain what else she’d need until she managed to pick a room. Fangorn followed, bounding up the stairs alongside the girl, tracing the foundations until they came to the third floor, but not going to the one Nate had already snagged.

--

Melita grabs a dust pan and broom, and heads to the third floor, room one!
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He doesn’t know how Nate’s going to react to Sam’s approach, but Sunjata does his best to keep things relatively civil, despite the tension he can almost taste in the air between the two, but he ignores it, leaning back into Nate ever so slightly, leaning into the touch that’s granted along his shoulders with practiced and ease comfort. But then he’s giving orders, waiting while they all begin to separate and pick their rooms – Sunjata taking whatever’s left behind. Absently, he wonders if Melita will pair with Nate when she takes the top floor, but it isn’t until everyone’s dispersed that he goes to find out.

Kellan will find his room relatively empty of most things. There’s cobwebs in every corner, a broken window with pieces of glass that are splattered about, and a bird nest cooped up in a cupboard up top. But for the time being, Kellan makes relatively good time on clearing out the dust within it.

Samuel also finds himself with a room much the same. No blood yet, just a mess of abandoned cloth and a wardrobe half broken as if the room used to be a bedroom of sorts. There’s no bed to be seen, but there’s pieces of wood strewn out about, perhaps leftovers from a particularly nasty storm. The curtains hang off the rods, tattered and torn and will need to be cleaned up as well, but it shouldn’t pose too much of a problem for the Ascended.

The top floor, in the smaller room, Melita will find that it likely seems like a sitting area. Chairs are strewn about, some of them missing a leg or a back, a few tables inside with broken pottery that need to be swept up and hauled out. But as she enters the room, the door opens a smidge too hard and puts a hole in the wall.

Now dear Nate will have the absolute worst luck with the room he’s chosen, stepping inside to find it somewhat like a mix between a bedroom and a living room – a very old bed infested with moths, an arched ceiling filled with plenty of black bats, bleary eyed and peering straight at Nate. There’s a lot to clean up in here, especially as the bats have made a mess of the place and the items inside have nearly all been ruined. Suddenly, as Sunjata starts to come up the stairs, the bats begin to stir, at least thirty of them drop toward Nate, searching for the window and flying around his head, running into his side, attempting the best course of action to try and get out.

Sunjata heads up the stairs, peering into the rooms on the second floor, finding them full before he approaches the top – still half expecting Melita to take the room with Nate. When she doesn’t, he hears the fluttering of wings coming from the larger room, flashing Melita a smile as he turns on his heel to see what’s going on. All he can see is a swarm of black bodies and pale wings of the moths, disturbed, upset, somewhat terrified as they try to find a way out. A few slip through the door, and Sunjata takes his broom to try and get to the window, pulling it open and trying to get the bats to leave. Some do, and he reaches out to compel a few more to try and guide them out, trying to stifle a chuckle at the mess of the place. “Looks like we’ll be busy, hm?” He offers, coming over to invade the space of the Ascended and the bats, trying to push the bats away as well as the moths that get stuck into the mix.

Well, some good luck and some not so good luck (Nate ;-;). Kellan, Sam, and Melita have it relatively easy with their rooms! Sunjata's and Nate's are a mess. Keep on keepin' on!

No post order!
SUNJATA
Hunter

Change author:
Kellan tensed when he heard Samuel walk past, uncertain for a moment what the other man intended, but when he moved on to the next room over the hunter let himself relax a little. Enough to begin working, sweeping with more enthusiasm than efficiency as he chased down cobwebs and corralled dust into his pan and out the broken window.

He hesitated for a moment over the window itself, but the jagged glass would have to be replaced somehow, or boarded over, and either way the sharp-edged remnants that clung to the frame were a danger. He used the handle of the broom to knock them out and sweep the frame smooth, then gathered the shards of glass on the floor together, piling them onto a precarious little pile on the dustpan.

The bird's nest was a different quandary, and he bit his lip uncertainly while he studied it, trying to see if it was inhabited. Finally he reached up on his tip-toes, calling the wind to help him. As he had become used to on Caido, only a light breeze answered, but he tried to use it to blow the nest from the shelf and into his waiting hands, to take downstairs with the glass and either discard it or move it outdoors if it looked like it was still in use.

Kel sweeps up the dust and cobwebs, then clears the broken glass from the window. He tries to use his Base Air Manipulation to blow the bird's nest into his hands so he can take it downstairs.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Thank you for finding me
Thankful to see he had a job in front of him that looked manageable, Sam finished sweeping for the moment and went to gather up the wood from the ground, looking to see if the wardrobe had anything worth salvaging. With the scrap wood in his arms he walked to the door and placed it outside to deal with later; maybe Sunjata could have a use for it in his totally legitimate boxing ring business.

The curtain pole was to be next - it was best to just scalp the room clean he thought, then work out what needed to go back in later.

--
Sam takes out the wood/curtain pole!
SAMUEL
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Perhaps a little too much force had gone into the opening of the door (she’d always been one not terribly observant about her own strength), and the resounding crack from the wall indicated she’d errored. She peeked around the frame, and shrugged her shoulders. “Oops.” More like a child suddenly caught sneaking things out of the cookie jar, she tiptoed away from those portions without a hint of shame, avoiding Fangorn’s stern gaze, promising to come back to it later.

Otherwise, she was bound to be occupied by the haphazard chair display, and the tables with broken pottery. The youth put her broom and dust pan down for the moment, since there seemed to be bigger issues at hand; and began moving the larger objects to the nearest wall, clearing out a space for shards to be swept up, and wooden pieces inspected for actual use. Most of them seemed to have fallen into complete disrepair.

--

Melita ignores the hole in the wall for now, and starts moving the tables and chairs off to the side, to make room for sweeping. She also tries to inspect the tables/chairs to see which ones can still be used.
Melita