Training a hundred bad days made a hundred good stories
Weaver! <3
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
i am a light that never goes out.
There’s a pep in her step as she gets up this morning to head toward the training grounds. She’d slept relatively well, and things here in Halo had proven to be quite interesting as of late. And so when she goes to get up, braiding back her hair to keep it out of the way of everything else (absentmindedly revealing the tryst she'd had quite recently, marking the skin of her neck), she puts on her training leathers and grabs a myriad of things to try and work into her regimen. Her throwing knives, etched into the handle with snowflakes to designate which were hers that Deimos had made her accompany her person, settling with the belt at her waist.

She also brings a bow and set of arrows slung over her shoulder, beside the braid – unsure which she wants to start with. She was supposed to train with Chulane soon, so she leaves the idea of her attuned shifts out of the context of this training session, hoping to work on her other skills instead. Only time would tell, however, if the training ring was even empty enough for her to slip into it.

When she arrives, she finds that there’s plenty of soldiers within, training, taking up every section of it and she realizes she’s arrived a bit too early. They should be done soon, hopefully, so she settles with the waiting – sitting with her back to the wall down the hallway, one of the throwing knives now in her hand as she inspects it for nicks that need to be taken out to properly sharpen it again.

Another day for that, perhaps, seeing as it’s only going to get more use today.

Weaver
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

WEAVER

With Deepfrost upon them, Weaver knows she’ll have to train inside. What a shame, because she will always prefer to train in the snow and cold, but even with her magic she’s not an idiot. The magic just would keep her from feeling the frostbite as it set it, but she didn’t think it would actually keep her from getting frostbite.

Weaver makes her way to the Palace, figuring she’ll check the training room there. If it's packed, she can always make her way to the Academy, though she usually tries the Palace first. Less chance of running into Zariah, though maybe running into the Archmage wouldn’t be the worst thing. Also not the greatest though, and if she’s being honest, she’d much prefer the chance of running into Loren. He was likely to be here or the school, so why not wander through both?

She’s wearing her training gear, leather and tight fitting cotton. Her scythe is slung across her back and her knives are around her waist. A hodgepodge of knives she’s collected over the years of varying sizes and uses, though she uses them a bit more interchangeably then she should. As she enters the training room, she finds it’s still packed with soldiers. See? This is why she usually sleeps in.

There’s a girl that she recognizes sitting to the side. Oh. She’d been at the wedding. The one who’d made the delicious cakes. She looks a bit different here, hair in a braid like Weaver’s, ready for training instead of a party. Weaver makes her way over with a smile. ”Kiada,” she says. ”Are you here for Deepfrost?” It’s a question that doesn’t really require an answer, but she hadn’t realized the other woman would be sheltering here. ”I know somewhere else we can go, if you don’t mind a training partner? There shouldn’t be a wait there.”

I was made to be wild, wicked, and free

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
The sound of boots approaching shouldn’t really surprise her, not in a place like this. What does surprise her as she’s inspecting her blade is when the sound seems to head straight toward her and her name that falls from the stranger’s lips. Her iceberg gaze slips from the blade to peer up at who’s addressed her, half between telling them she’s busy and can’t help with the Grounds problems, but even then she knows that’s a lie.

But it also isn’t a Grounder she spots, and her head tilts as she focuses on Weaver. “Hey Weaver.” She offers back to the other woman, flashing a bright smile her way. “I’ve been designated the one to keep an eye on the Grounders here. Don’t mind it, though.” She offers with a small laugh, a shrug of a shoulder granted before she goes to stand and readjust her braid, slipping the throwing knife back into her belt.

The offer for training has her smile shifting to something of almost relief. “Gods, please.” She says with a laugh, gesturing for Weaver to lead the way. “They’re taking longer than usual and I was going out of my mind.” A grin shot back to the other woman with it, before moving to follow her.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

WEAVER

Kiada looks up with a friendly greeting and a smile. Her explanation of why she is here leaves Weaver chuckling slightly. ”That sounds like a terrible job. Not that I won’t be babysitting a bunch of drunk, bored hunters all Deepfrost myself.” They could lament the job together, but really, it wasn’t so bad. Probably she’d set up some targets somewhere and let them start throwing weapons, so long as she got to join in.

”I have never been patient enough to wait for other people to get done training,” she says with a conspiratorial grin, and she nods her head back in the direction she’d come. She leads Kiada through the Palace, down the winding paths and toward the connector to the Academy. ”How is Halo treating you so far?” she asks as they walk. The smell of food wafts from the kitchen, and Weaver is vaguely tempted to follow her nose instead. Maybe she’d stop and see what the chefs would like her swipe on the way out.

Opening a door into the Arcane Academy, Weaver heads through it and up three flights of stairs, bringing them to the indoor training room. There would be no training on the roof today. Too much snow, too damn cold. Probably Zariah wouldn’t care and would make them train out there anyway this semester. ”Here we go. The Arcane Academy’s training room.” There are various weapons around the room, some targets, and just about anything else one could need. More importantly, it is gloriously empty.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
We can complain about it together if you want.” She offers with a bright laugh. After all, it was only made bearable if she had a change to complain about every second of it. But she’s quick to follow Weaver while the woman guides her out of the current training grounds, focusing on the path they take and how half way familiar it is to her. “I try to be considerate.” Considering she’s a guest after all.

The question of how Halo is treating her, does spark the light flush to her neck, however, beneath the bruising spotted on her neck. “Good, so far.” She offers with a sheepish smile sent Weaver’s way, slipping down the stairs after the woman. She doesn’t know what else to add to that really, other than she’s certainly found ways to remain occupied.

The Arcane Academy comes into view, and her brow furrows slightly as she regards it as a training ground, looking back to Weaver with a light smile crossing her face. “You sure it’s okay for me to be here? I don’t have magic anymore.” She mused into the air, but not stopping as she sets foot inside and peers around a bit more fully than her tour with Loren had granted her.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:

WEAVER

”That sounds like my sort of conversation. Over a cocktail, of course.” She flashes the other woman a grin, always happy to make a drink for a new friend. Given that Weaver hadn’t seen Kiada in the Kraai yet, she knows for certain that the woman hasn’t had one of her drinks. Korbin and her other staff could tend the bar just fine, but Weaver knew how to make a proper drink. ”Well, lucky for you, I do not.”

They are largely quiet on the walk, which is just fine. It isn’t really until they get into the Arcane Academy’s training room that there’s more to talk about. ”You are with me, so I don’t see why not. Particularly if I have an excuse to use some magic,” she says, not hiding what she is. No point, given that she’d brought Kiada to a magic training school.

”Would you care for a spar?” she asks, walking into the room and dumping her cloak in the corner. The knives around her waist are more obvious now, their various hilts protruding from the belt she wears. Though she’d be happy to fight with whatever, if Kiada took her up on the offer. They had their pick here anyway.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
Yes please.” She chimes with a hum of a laugh lingering in her throat — wanting nothing more than to spend the rest of the day either day drinking or sleeping off the workout. But she follows Weaver anyway, until the academy is in sight, snorting at the comment from the other woman. It makes sense, she supposes. Being a Halovian in Halo. But Kiada’s not only just a Grounder, but she’s also an Outlander. Already she’s aware of how many out there don’t care for her presence. No need to add more to that list if she could do anything about it.

So instead, she steps into the Arcane Academy, listening to Weaver mention they’d be fine since Weaver was there, and she offers a nod to that. “Fair enough.” She offers with a chime of a laugh, moving to remove her throwing knives and the rest of her weaponry. “I’d love to. Maybe I could use my shifts against your magic?” She asks, turning back to Weaver and offering a bright grin.

Already the speckling of pale feathers sprout along her neck and shoulders, before waiting for Weaver to be ready. And when it seems the other woman is, Kiada fully shifts into her vulture form, taking to the sky in a quick circle before scarlet eyes focus on Weaver and attempt to swoop down onto her like a dive bomb.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:

WEAVER

Weaver does have the luxury of not being a stranger in a stranger’s land right now, though she’s never been very considerate. Usually her consideration extends to not being such an ass she gets herself or someone else killed or seriously injured, but after that? Well, better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Or just play a little dumb.

”Of course,” she agrees with a wicked little grin. She rarely fights Korbin in his shift, because he rarely shifts in front of her, but she is game to give it a try. Neither of them has any idea what they are up against, but that’s half the fun. Weaver takes her own knives off her waist and her scythe from her back, setting them down in the corner of the room with her cloak.

Feathers appear along Kiada’s skin, a hint of what is to come. Weaver turns to face her, making no move to summon her magic yet. Kiada shifts in full, the woman turning into a vulture and diving at Weaver with speed. Weaver leaps to the side, calling a fireball into existence and hurling it toward the bird, trying to force her off course.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
you think that i'll be the dark sky
so you can be the star?
Weaver’s grin is met with an equally challenging one from Kiada – both women of flame in someway or another. But before long, Kiada’s shifting, girl becoming the bearded vulture, ivory feathers tipped in ink and taking to the sky in the attempts to dive down onto the woman. As Weaver leaps to the side, Kiada’s prepared to divert her course, scarlet gaze following the woman as she steps aside.

But then a flash of flame, aimed straight at her. And while Kiada wasn’t exactly afraid of fire – having been burned too many times to count, the scars lace up and down her spine with it where it had both been her saving grace and her curse – she still knew that it would be a terrible idea to try and go up against it.

So she swerves, hard, trying to lower herself and feels the heat of the flame singe the feathers of her tail, trying to divert her swerve so she dives down toward Weaver’s legs, talons outstretched to try and tug at Weaver’s training leathers.
i will
swallow
you whole.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:

WEAVER

The fireball sort of works. At the very least, Kiada is forced to change her course, but Weaver can’t outrun the vulture. She keeps herself moving slightly, dancing on the balls of her feet, trying to figure out where Kiada might go. The vulture ducks low, the distinct smell of something burning in the air, and Weaver grins slightly. Maybe she did a little damage (just a little, she’s not out to hurt a potential friend).

Perhaps it’s the half second of being distracted by the smell of something burning, or simply because the vulture moves fast, but she manages to catch her talons on Weaver’s leather training pants. Thankfully the leather holds against the claws, though Weaver can feel the threat of them. The bird tugs at her, throwing her off balance, so she rocks her weight to her other leg and kicks, trying to shake the vulture loose. As Weaver brings her leg down, fire bursts to life on the floor around her, the threat clear enough.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
so you can be the star?
A little damage means nothing to Kiada, not so long as she can still fly. And so long as she doesn’t turn into a flying fireball herself, anything is really fair game at this point. So she diverts her course, wings flared and wide as she dives for Weaver’s legs, talons outstretched for the training leathers – because she, too, isn’t out to harm a friend – when the claws connect. It’s a surprise, to be sure, having expected Weaver to move just slightly out of range.

But she lets go when Weaver loses her balance, proceeding to have her wing hit with a leg that kicks out that sends Kiada tumbling to the floor. In mere moments, she’s tumbling and back up again, taking to the sky as the flame spirals around Weaver along the floor, and she aims to come down atop the woman again – wings flaring and talons outstretched toward Weaver’s shoulder, tentative to not entirely harm, but to try and still somewhat ‘tag’ Weaver within this training game.
i will
swallow
you whole.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:

WEAVER

Weaver has always preferred fights with a little danger. What was the fun in a wooden sword? To learn as a child at first, sure, but otherwise? Honestly it was useless. You didn’t fight with wood. You fought with steel and magic, in whatever form you had either. When you did have those, you fought with your body, with the rocks on the ground, and well maybe a branch. You fought with the threat of blood and wounds. Though they trained without the threat of death, you needed to be prepared for the pain. You needed to know how to take a hit and keep on fighting.

Weaver is surprised when the kick lands, watching the vulture tumble away. She dances backward slightly to give herself some space to try and predict the vulture’s movements better. The fire on the floor is useless, and Weaver lets it go as Kiada is diving toward her from above. Well, that’s easy enough. Waiting until Kiada is close (ish), flame erupts above Weaver’s head like a blanket, a horizontal wall to block the vulture’s path.

Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
so you can be the star?
Somehow, Kiada isn’t surprised when the kick lands and she goes tumbling. If Weaver were attuned, she might’ve sensed a roar of laughter slip from the young woman, but instead there’s nothing but a flail of feathers, of righting herself, of taking to the skies once more in the hopes of swooping down to the woman’s shoulder once more. And it doesn’t quite go according to plan, not as she’s descending and there’s that flame once more. It erupts like a blanket, and Kiada backtracks the best she can – large wings beating against the makeshift shield to keep from burning within it.

She pulls herself up, spiraling a bit in the air as she does so – one feather slipping from her wing and falling into the flame and sizzling before she tries to make it to the ground and shift into her caracal form, aiming to knock herself into Weaver’s feet, with hopefully less fire. Though it truly seems as though the woman’s made of it.

Gods, she’s going to definitely need that drink after this.
i will
swallow
you whole.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:

WEAVER

Oh, if she could hear the laugh she would approve. She has always been a little jealous of the attuned bond, particularly now that Loren can speak to her brother and yet Weaver cannot. Not that she cannot read her brother, but still, it would be nice. Alas, she cannot hear the attuned, though she still likes Kiada regardless. They are both spirited, feisty things.

The fire works, though Weaver isn’t expecting the large cat-thing that appears in front of her. No clue what it is, but this one looks more deadly than the vulture. The cat is also moving toward her legs rather quickly, and Weaver does her best to jump sideways, Kiada managing to knock into her left leg regardless. Weaver lands, off balance and stumbling, calling another fireball and launching it toward the cat (slightly off target on purpose, just to be somewhat careful). And yes, Weaver is made of fire, but mostly, she just doesn’t have any other good tricks. A gentle breeze wasn’t going to do shit.

Besides, might as well make sure Kiada is ready for that drink, because Weaver is always ready.