Personal Quest Something to believe Inn
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Once more, the following task was a simple one. It wasn't bad that Samuel was giving them so many easy tasks, he simply had thought today would be a lot more work intensive. It actually meant that he would hopefully be able to spare some time for later activities, seeing as so little of his energy was being used up.

Grabbing onto his own sign, Oliver looked it over and let out a light hum before beginning his work.

Dipping a paintbrush into the paint, he went on ahead to outline the already painted on arrow, using a contrasting color to help the arrow pop out. Once the outline was done he felt confident enough to pursue with the rest of his idea. Above the arrow, he wrote out in all upper case "SHELTER" using a bright blue paint. Once more, he outlined this paint in orange by blending together some paints. The point was to be eyecatching, yes? So why not go all out!

On the bottom, he would go on to use that space to add in some details. He started to do a floral design, using dark green as vines that circled and snaked around, with flowers blossoming out. It was bright and quite in your face. It was also a tad bit nonsensical, but Samuel wasn't specific... so OH WELL.

Oliver makes his sign have flowers on it c: he also writes Shelter and outlines the arrow in a bright color to make it even more obvious.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

Sign making doesn't seem like a job for three people, and you've never been particularly artistic. So when Red instructs the others to go make some nice little decorative plaques, you immediately ignore the directions to instead go about your own task of fucking with helping Sam as he cleans.

"Need another pair'a hands?" You come up behind him with your hands in your pockets, peering over his shoulder at the cleaning he's doing. Shit, you shoulda taken him up on the offer to clean your place. "Or I could run for snacks for the crew. Or y'know. Whatever." You're rocking back and forth on your toes, not quite sure what to do with yourself.

ZEPH DOES NOTHING but bothers Sam
burn all the things you have to burn
save all the people you're supposed to save
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
Oliver and Kellan both made the signs Sam had asked for, as garish as they were: at least they would catch people's attention as they came up through Haulani. Sam nodded his approval to both of them with a thankful smile as he got on with his cleaning, finding that thankfully the space was finally beginning to look neater.

When Zeph came up to bother him chat, Sam looked back with a bemused smile. "You could have made signs with everyone else." He pointed out, though he sounded more amused than mad.

Eventually it seemed like everyone was done with their tasks and while Sam still had some more cleaning to do, it was looking like a shelter. Beds and food laid out for the families that would arrive, decorations up to make it feel more like home, signs ready to be put out into the town. There was only one thing left to do.

"Well, I thought it might be nice if people had a spot to practice their spiritual beliefs. So--" Sam went behind one of the crates, where he had made a little alcove. "I thought...if any of you are tied to any particular God, you could do yours, but we need something for Safrin, Ludo, and Frey...I'll do the Voice somewhere else." Before he stepped away, he turned to Zeph with a kind smile, knowing he wouldn't want to take on that work. "I was hoping you could go get a bottle of something to celebrate the completion of this space, from the bar."

--
Last task!
Kellan & Oliver, help make some kind of shrine spot?
Zeph, go get booze, ya lazy bum.{/b}
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.
Hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Kel did glance up at Zeph as the man wandered away from the signs, but there was a flicker of a smile in his eyes as the old timer avoided the task. He turned his attention back to his own sign, going for something a bit less garish than Oliver's eye-catching contrasts. As a man recently outcast himself, he wanted to imbue his sign with a sense of comfort and reassurance for those who would be displaced.

Even if it would only be temporary.

Finishing his own design of simple vines around the arrow, he set the sign aside to dry and looked to Sam for what he thought would be a release from the day's chores. Instead there was another hurdle to clear, and this one was another that reminded the young hunter how little he belonged here among these people, in this world.

"...I'm... sorry," he said softly, shrinking in on himself. "I'm just... an outsider. I don't know... how people worship here." The word twisted on his tongue, the insult that Alina had made it clear it was still stinging in his heart. Their gods were not his gods, and he knew little enough about them, even though he'd seen Ludo from a distance once or twice. He didn't want to worship these strange deities, though, and it felt disrespectful - sacreligious, even - to build shrines for gods he had no love for.

Not knowing what else to do, he trailed after Zeph, wondering if he should perhaps just slip away rather than intrude on the celebration of the two grounders and their local friend.

Kellan doesn't know anything about Caido shrines or worship, so he follows Zeph like a lost puppy.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

"An' left you all alone t'clean? Wouldn't dream'a it." Your attempt at chivalry is clearly belied by your utter failure to do anything resembling cleaning. You do, however, put some effort into adding more curtains and dividers in the room, your efforts far better better served by physical labor than artistic endeavors.

And then there's the last task, and oh yeah, nope, you're not particularly interested in putting together a shrine. Let others worship; you wouldn't know the first thing about appealing to the gods, your own efforts to do so over the years having been... well, less than successful. Finding booze is far closer to your wheelhouse; you set about it with a sense of importance, grinning to find Kellan following along in your wake. Patting him on the shoulder, you make your way toward the bar. "C'mon, kid, I'll show ya where the good stuff's kept."

Zeph takes Kellan to go gram some booze
burn all the things you have to burn
save all the people you're supposed to save
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Samuel didn't say really anything about his sign, but Oliver still was happy with his work. It was bright, eyecatching, and would hopefully be a message of hope. That's all he could hope for in this trying time.

Following along with the rest of the tasks, this final one was an easy one... but was also massively surprising. Samuel... wanted them to make a shrine? Damn. It was amazing that they were being allowed to do such a thing for their gods and Oliver was starting to look at Samuel even higher than ever before thanks to such generosity.

Finding a spot, Oliver set to work, zoning out completely and fully devoting himself to this task. Using some of the supplies left around, Oliver started to set up a shrine. Unfortunately, he didn't have nearly enough things on him to do anything. Stars were painted onto stones very carefully and were stacked up, looking like a sky of sorts. It wasn't much, but it was the most he could do for now with the materials he had left. Safrin deserved far better than such a lame shrine and he'd make sure she got it.

Standing up, he walked over to Samuel. "I'm going to bring more things to complete it, since I don't have all the materials I'd like to use." It was something, but clearly Oliver wanted far more for his goddess.

Oliver tries to make a shrine for Safrin! He also plans to bring even more stuff to complete it so it's good enough for her.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
Having lost two of his team to booze-finding, Sam sighed. He'd really hoped he wouldn't be left to make the shrines for the Old Gods, but there was nothing else for it. Once his small area for the Voice was complete, a simple metal box containing a few items that reminded him of her (some electrified metal, a mirror, a vial of fluid) he came back to set out the basic frame of the shrines for Ludo and Frey, wondering how the two Gods would feel about an Ascended having to be left to make their worship spots. At least Oliver had Safrin sorted, the one Old God Sam actively didn't like.

When the shrines were finally looking acceptable enough (Oliver saying he was going to get even more, which seemed...alarmingly devoted, but Sam tried to ignore it), he turned to Zeph and Kellan, taking whatever drink it was they had brought. "Well, I won't be joining in, but if any of you would like to drink, feel free: and thank you, sincerely, for helping me do this."

--
PQ done! Thanks for joining :) Feel free to post your character having a drink~

The thread will be archived in 2 days.
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.
Hunter

Age: 31 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Kel perked up at Zeph's pat, a tentative smile coming to his face as he nodded. The old man was one of the closest things he had to a friend - a mentor, at the very least - and being included on the booze run gave him a sense of belonging he'd been sorely lacking. He squared his shoulders and followed in the silver fox's wake, choosing a bottle of liquor for the group with Zeph's guidance.

He wasn't a stranger to drinking, but he didn't yet know what local brews were good and which would blind a man after three shots, and he appreciated the education just as much as he had the lessons in arm wrestling.

Soon they returned with their bounty, to share (well, with Oliver, at least) the reward of their labors.

{Finished for Kel}