Personal Quest save what has been lost
open
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
And round about his home the glory
That blushed and bloomed,
With the onset of Deepfrost, the temperature had plummeted both outside and within the buildings. The fires had to be built hotter and maintained more fervently than before, and the slightest mistake would leave a room bitterly cold in a mere few hours. To most people this was not too difficult to adapt to - a mere change in habits was all they needed - but for plants, it was catastrophic.

One morning when Korbin arrived to work, it was to see the better part of the herbs within the infirmary slouching and wilted, struggling under a deep cold that had crept in sometime during the night. He quickly had the fireplaces seen to, but when he returned to stare at the mess that was his workplace, he had to sigh. There was too much work for him to complete on his own in one day, and all the plants needed to be tended to quickly, before they were all lost. The ruined ones had to be replaced, and those that wouldn't last would require harvesting, to make sure they didn't go to complete waste.

Poking his head out to call for someone, he asked a helpful passerby spread the word that help was required at the infirmary. But Korbin didn't have any real hopes that anyone would show up; he had done his utmost to drive people away, and it would doubtlessly come back to haunt him now.

--------

This is a PQ to establish Korbin as a healer!

The herbs kept in the Infirmary has been damaged by the cold. The ruined ones need to be thrown out, new ones re-sown and everything that can be saved needs to be harvested!

There are two slots open, I can make room for more if there's interest. Please pick a task upon arrival, and Korbin will do what's left.

4 rounds. No post order!

1. Chulane
2. Kiada
Is but a dim-remembered story
Of the old time entombed.
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE

It was remarkable what a man could find to busy his body and mind in a new town. Many an errand to be run for the landlord, many a local needing an extra set of hands here and there, along with lots of wood to chop and stack - I found myself growing stronger, fitter, and networking connections around town more and more every day. It was satisfying, it let me feel like maybe I could belong here, maybe I would be able to spend the foreseeable future here - maybe I could make something of myself in these lands.

So when word came of the Infirmary needing aid, I was swift to jump into action. I pulled my overcoat on and made my way towards the palace, happy to lend a hand, particularly in the healing arts.

When I arrived, I realised that I might have made a mistake. Korbin, the boy who was determined to hold nothing but apathy towards me, was the one seemingly in need of help. I pause for a moment as I walk through the door, seeing the state of the room, the dying plants and supplies within it. I understood what was needed, at least, but I wasn't sure if Korbin would appreciate the assistance coming from me -  I had done what I could to accommodate his odd need to pretend I didn't exist since our last interaction, and I assumed  that nothing had changed between us since then.

"I could start stripping the damaged leaves and plants from the healthy ones?" I offer, and am surprised when a slow and somewhat stiff nod of permission is given. A smile graces my lips - I couldn't help it, I was happy to be able to help - and I make my way to the workbench, and begin the task at hand. I am sure not to discard the damaged plants completely - they were still fine to be used as compost, as fuel for future, still-healthy plants.

Chuy begins working on salvaging what healthy plants can be salvaged and putting the damaged bits to the side.
The only true wisdom is in knowing
you know nothing
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
it's 2am and i took 17 shots of vodka trying to forget your name
but the only name i forgot was mine. and sober —
She really doesn’t have anything else to do. Between listening to the mind numbing chatter of the Grounders she’s keeping an eye on plus the insistent training she’s been going through. It’s actually on the way back from another round of training, hair tied back, a small amount of sweat covering her from the workout, that she hears the call for help in the Infirmary. Initially, she thinks it might be Loren requesting something, deciding she should probably go and bother the man.

But when she shows up, it isn’t.

She spots Korbin first, flashing him a wink before her gaze lands on Chulane and she goes to step over to him, nudging him lightly in the side as he reaches the workbench if he allows it. “Hiya Chuy.” She chimes in greeting, before glancing toward Korbin to see what options he’s laid out for them to do. She hadn’t known he was a healer, but something about it sort of makes sense, wondering what the man didn’t do between the bar and this.

She ignores all other ideas, moving to the other side of the workbench and beginning to pull out the plants that are most certainly not coming back to life regardless of how much they might try to.

Kiada says hello to Chuy, winks at Korbin, and begins to take out the dead plants.
— or drunk, you're the only thing on my mind
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
KORBIN
He had expected Weaver to show, if she wasn't too swamped at the Kraai. Possibly Noah, now that the Tundra was impassable and hunting no longer an option. No others, really. Not with the majority of the Council busy hunting cannibals in another part of time and his other contacts at the Palace rather limited. He certainly hadn't expected Chulane to show up. Not after their last encounter, where Korbin had been downright awful.

Kiada was a surprise too. A pleasant one, and rather unexpected. Her wink was met with the slight rise of an eyebrow and little more however, even when she sauntered off towards Chuy. Did they know each other? Was he supposed to feel anything about that?

Unfortunately, he was a bit too focused on work to care about interpersonal drama now. Saving any comments for later, he gestured to the room; the mess was obvious, and they fortunately didn't need much in the way of instruction before jumping into it.

"Thank you for coming," he simply said, in a flat and dry tone that had more to do with his inability to hear himself than anything else. "Remember I can't hear you, so.. if you've got questions, write them down on that." He pointed towards a slate with accompanying chalk that sat on a side table by a wall. He then took a moment to look over what the others were doing, to make sure they didn't blunder too badly.

Chulane's attempts to salvage what could be saved went up the wall wrong. Half the parts he extracted from the dying herbs were either too damaged to be used or entirely the wrong part of the plant. "Can't use most of that. Here, let me show you." Chalking it up to a lack of experience with the medicine of Caido, Korbin corrected the mistakes with a few short explanations, showing how to do it properly - as he himself had been taught not too long ago - and stepped back to let the man redo the work on his own.

Kiada's job was rather a bit easier, as all she had to do was throw out what could no longer be saved. A slip of the hand however sent several pots crashing to the floor, scattering earth and shards of clay across the floor. Korbin gave her a wry smile. "Better clean that up thoroughly... earth and open wounds are not a good combination."

As he went to focus on his own task of sewing new plants, he found that it was hard to concentrate with unfamiliar people moving about the infirmary. Distracted by the need to keep an eye on the others, he somehow managed to mix up a few different type of seeds. Sighing at the unnecessary waste, the young apprentice re-settled his focus, and started over, intending to make it right this time.

---------

Oh dear, they're not off to a good start:

Chulane has horrible luck and needs to sort through all the plant bits again, to make sure he has picked the right parts!

Kiada somehow knocks over a few pots and scatters earth and clay over the floor. Be careful to tidy up all the mess!

Korbin mixes up the seeds he's trying to sow, and has to redo half his job to make sure it's done properly.
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

"Oh hey Kia," Warm tones vacate my smiling lips as I see the woman, returning her nudge by gently placing my hand on her shoulder, if she would allow it, in greeting. I liked Kia, and was thrilled to see her - it was decidedly awkward to work in the vicinity of Korbin, but the arrival of Kia has expelled any such thoughts from my mind.

Evidently, her arrival had expelled most useful thoughts from my mind. Try as I might to concentrate on the task at hand, it seems I made rather a mess of it. Korbin assisted me, demonstrating how I should best do it - the mistake was caused by a few things, unfamiliarity with these plants and their Caido-variations that deviate from the Earth norm I am used to, but mostly, it was purely because I could hardly keep my eyes on the job.

I nodded with a grateful, sorry smile to Korbin for showing me the job again - I really should know better - and refocussed on the task at hand. I was (probably inappropriately) a bit pleased when the others had a bit of a struggle as well, and did what I could to help Kia get back on track, before focussing on separating the damaged plants from the healthy ones once more.

--

Chuy derps and listens to Korbin's corrections. He helps Kia get back on track then refocuses on separating the damaged plants again.
you know nothing
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Korbin’s thank you is granted a nod from her, the understanding of having to write things out to speak with him. It didn’t bother her any, not when she had Chulane there to converse with anyway – and his hand on her shoulder receives a brilliant grin his way. “Keeping busy it seems?” She chimes with a hum of a laugh, before settling into her task.

As Chulane works, Korbin comes over to help guide the other man, and Kiada’s focus drifts between the two of them as she’s pulling one of the dead plants away from the rest of them – when suddenly the crash distracts her – glacial eyes drifting to the mess she’s made on the floor. “Ah, well, shit.” She manages with a huff of laughter, reaching down to scoop up the clay pieces, grateful for Chuy’s help and sending that sensation down the bond toward him as she offers a nod to Korbin.

Wouldn’t be the first time she’s had a festering wound that scarred, at least.

So hopefully with that cleaned up, she returns to the task of pulling the dead plants from the rest of them – hoping that this time she can keep her elbows and hands within her area to not send more pots flying.

Kiada picks up the pots with Chuy’s help and continues the work!
KIADA
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
KORBIN
Perhaps Chulane should have focused on his own work. As he went to help Kiada clean up the mess, he somehow managed to do exactly what was not allowed to happen; he cut himself on one of the broken shards of pottery. Fortunately they were in an infirmary though, and help would be close at hand.

Meanwhile, Kiada was able to clean up her mess quite well. As she went to resume her work however, it was clear her bad luck had not ended with the broken pots. The next plant she grabbed only looked solid; it dissolved into a nasty sludge that spread a foul stench across the room, and the sludge clung to both her hands and every surface she touched. Looks like she would be stuck cleaning for a little longer before making any real progress.

Korbin, seeing Chulane's accident, suppressed a sigh and set his seeds aside. "Come here. Let me have a look at that," he said, in a tone that indicated it was not open for discussion. He went over to a clean work table where the basic remedies could be found; enough to clean out a wound and make sure it didn't drip blood everywhere. Of course, this meant he got absolutely nowhere with his own work.

-----------

Luck seems to have abandoned them all:

Chulane has an accident with the broken pots! It seems he got himself injured, better have that seen to before returning to work.

Kiada's grappling with the dead plants result in a slime explosion when one of them seems to have dissolved. She now needs to clean up both herself and the splats of plant goo that went everywhere.

Tending to Chulane's injury means Korbin gets nothing done with his original task.
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

A short laugh escapes my lips at Kia's assessment of the situation. Yep, it's a bit shit, but it's not the end of the world. The emotion that I know comes from her reaches me and I smile at it, looking up to meet her eyes - at least until I manage to reach for the wrong piece and slice up the muscle just below my smallest finger on my left hand.

"Ah,", I say, reflexes making me close me hand, which hurt like a bitch, but contained the bleeding at least. Korbin, ever-watchful, notices my blunder and summons me near - I comply, happy for assistance even as I internally berate myself. I try to meet the young man's eyes, and mouth 'Thanks' to him.

I did know how to tend to wounds myself, and once it was appropriately cleaned, I used a clean strip of material to cover it, accepting Korbin's help to tie it off (tricky to do one-handed). It is then that I notice Kia is having some trouble, and head back over after gathering some more rags to help her clean up.

"It would seem we're not very talented gardeners," I comment wryly as I help her clean up, aiming to return to my workstation should clean-up of this mess allow me to.

--

Chuy follows Korbin to get his cut cleaned and wrapped up. He then returns to Kia with some rags to help her clean up, before hopefully returning to his workstation and actually get shit done lol
you know nothing
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
A small grin is shot Chulane’s way with the mention of her slight outburst. But she manages to collect the pieces of the clay pots that had broken, discarding them when she hears Chuy’s comment, turning to glance back at him as he cuts himself by accident. And gods how often had she done that? Too often. She gives him an apologetic smile, but has nothing to say, returning to work as Korbin comes over to help.

Her own luck is not on her side either, as she pulls at one of the plants and it melts into a sticky, slimy mess that smells quite awful — frowning lightly. She grabs a cloth and begins to try and clean it up too, a chime of laughter accompanying Chuy’s words. “I didn’t expect it to be this difficult.” She offers with a light whine to her voice. She could work with weaponry and bake, but apparently gardening wasn’t part of her abilities.

She tries to clean up, tries to wash her hands, and continues to try and pull at the plants that are dead, poking the ones that seem a bit suspicious to see if they melt as well.

Kia tries to clean up the mess with a rag and wash her hands before continuing on with the task of removing the dead plants — a bit more carefully.
KIADA
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
KORBIN
Perhaps it would have been quicker for Korbin to do the whole job himself. His 'helpers' provided more distraction than aid at this point, and at least Chulane appeared to have become ambiguous on why he was here. Once the wound was tended to be ran straight to help Kiada with her accident, and promptly got the bandaged hand smeared with the plant goop.

Korbin rolled his eyes - it appeared Kiada had worked her charms on this guy too, and perhaps been more successful in snagging long-lived attention than with himself. "Maybe you should focus on your own job, Chulane? Kiada is quite capable of cleaning up a sticky mess on her own." He shot her a sly sideways look, a hint of a smile teasing at the mouth.

At least Kiada's cleaning efforts were going better than for the rest of them. There was a lot of plants to get rid of still, and once the plants were removed from the pots they would need to be taken away to storage. He could have that dealt with later though. "Once you're done with that, could you stack the empty pots over there, please." He indicated a corner where they wouldn't be in the way.

And, once again, Korbin had gotten nothing done with his own chore. Gritting his teeth against the delays, he shifted his priorities a bit, and started to write out the labels and prepping the soil for later sowing. When there was more peace and quiet and he could focus properly.

---------

Chulane keeps having a bad day; his kind attempts to help Kiada got him goop on the bandages, and no real progress on his task.

Kiada manages to clean out the rest of the dead plants and is asked to stack away the pots in a corner.

Korbin meanwhile starts labeling and filling pots for later sowing since he keeps getting interrupted.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
She works on her task, glancing over to Chulane as he starts to run into some issues again as they clean up the mess, and she reaches for him to try and help clean up his hands and the bandage, as soon as Korbin’s words reach her ears. There’s a brief moment where she stills, iceberg gaze traveling over to Korbin at the sly look, a roll of her eyes, before she leans toward Chuy with a small playful smirk.

If you want, I can help you when I’m done with mine? Return the favor, drive him more insane.” She tips him a wink then, moving back to the task at hand of removing the dead plants. And when it was all finished, her head lifts to glance back toward Korbin with the comment, gaze following to the corner.

And really, with nothing else to do, ensuring that Chulane is hopefully getting a bit more accomplished, she begins to take the empty pots, and organizes them in the corner that was indicated.

Kiada finishes her task and starts to move the pots over where Korbin indicated.
KIADA
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

Sticky goop goes everywhere, including on me. "Nor I," I admit to Kia, agreeing with her anticipated difficulty level of this task. Clearly these Halovian plants had other ideas - they were determined to make fools of us Outlanders (perhaps the plants were on Korbin's side?)

Korbin's input was received with a careful schooling of the expression I wore on my face, his insinuation hitting a bit too close to home - it was good that I was already a bit flushed from the work so far or else I'm sure a rosy blush would have coloured my cheeks.

I felt quite put in my place.

And I accepted it with a nod and a serious expression, doing what I could to wipe away the sticky stuff on myself and get back to my workbench. Kia's words caught me just before I got there, and I glanced to her with a small half-smirk darkening the corner of my mouth. "Deal," I said quietly - despite the deafness of our host, it really felt like whispering was necessary, given his astute observation skills anyway.

So I refocussed, and once again attempted to separate the sick from the well, hoping that we would all make progress for the betterment of the establishment.

--

Chuy goes back to his workbench to separate the sick plants from the healthy ones again.
you know nothing
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
KORBIN
If he was aware of their plans to tease him, Korbin didn't let on. He was busy working, and was finally able to settle into something like focus while doing it. The labels were written out and the pots filled with soil, and no more mistakes were made on that task.

Kiada would find that the stacking of the pots was easy enough a job and it went by without any further incidents. They were heavy though, and the work would leave her quite tired indeed, as most jobs one were not accustomed to.

Chulane finally focused on his own job, and when his attention was no longer diverted, it went by without any real issues. Still, it was a lot that needed harvesting, and time would drag on before there was nothing more to tend to.

Looking around, Korbin nodded quiet approval at them both, a half smile brightening the usually so sullen expression. Perhaps not friendly or open, but hey... that wasn't really him, was it. "Well done, both of you," he told them. "If you'll help me clean up the workbenches, you'll be free to go after that. Thank you for helping out."

There were brooms to sweep the floor, a rag to wipe of the tables with, and plenty of clean water to wash off with afterwards. Korbin joined them, quietly relieved that they were almost done. It had taken way too long... but fortunately there were no patients on queue to be treated, so they were good.

---------

Last round!

Your tasks were completed, now it's all about cleaning up the infirmary again. Grab a broom or a rag, and lets get this wrapped up.

Feel free to close out with this post!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
A deal is made, a half smirk appearing on Chulane’s face, and Kiada hums a quiet laugh with it before returning to her task. The pots themselves are easy to stack and move, and quietly she thanks the stars for the success with that. But her arms are burning, muscles she didn’t use too often in her training were sore and she was exhausted as she finishes up – washing her hands quickly to rid them of anything that might have lingered.

She slips over toward Chulane, handing him a rag and a playful grin before she reaches for a broom and starts to sweep up. And when it seems like everything is done and accomplished, she washes up again and looks to Korbin with a small wave of goodbye and a playful curl of her lip sent over to him. And then, without anything further, she slides over to Chuy once more, lacing her arm in with his once he’s ready to leave as well. “I’m starving, what’ya say we get something to eat?” She chimes to him, her iceberg gaze drifting along the panes of his face for a response or reaction, bold as she always was.
KIADA