{SE} seeking animals
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
As it would turn out, convincing someone to write a post for you is very hard. Not many people tend to pay attention to her at times and often, they do not understand her requests. It's a very frustrating endeavor in all honesty and it's quite a lot to deal with. Safe to say, Delta was almost exhausted by the end of it, happy that her searched were as successful as she had desired. Someone finally agreed to take some of her findings in exchange for making a post for her.

Once the post had been made, Delta eagerly awaited the day before finally, she showed up at the rocks, waiting and watching to see if anyone would show up with such creatures she had asked for them to write.

Maybe she'd finally get to see a lion! or a butterfly! Or.... AN ELEPHANT. Delta would honestly cry if she saw an elephant and not a fake one, no a real one! But at this point, she'd even settle for the simplest of creatures.
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go into the unknown?
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
Pink dolphins.

Remi stood knee-deep in the surf, staring out into the waters. He was only wearing swimming-shorts despite the slightly chillier tinge to the air. With his arms folded over his chest, he had his head cocked to the side as if...listening for something. Only there was nothing to hear. All of Remi's attuned-abilities (or the majority of them anyway), were now gone. He couldn't hear or feel the animal kingdom all around him, couldn't call out.

Running a finger up the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes, the Alchemist exhaled a steady stream of unhappy air. Normally his curls might have morphed into feathers or wings might have sprouted from his back. But now, with his soul-cleansed as Ludo had called it, he could do neither of those things. So instead, he just slowly opened his eyes trying to contain his frustration.

In so doing, he caught sight of a woman (or so it looked) on the rocks a bit of a ways down the beach. Raising a hand, the Alchemist waved a cautious greeting unsure as always with women if his company was wanted.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
There was a certain alertness in Delta, one that she had hardly expressed in such a way. Sometimes, she does it out of fear, as a flight or fight reaction, but in this case, it was pure excitement. Her face remained rather calm, an attempt to mask away any overt excitement that may scare away anyone, but her eyes were wide. Sparks of joy lit them up and she couldn't help but smile a bit nervously, her fingers tapping and constantly changing where they were, worried nobody would show up.

And then someone did!

Or well, she thought they did.

A man showed up and seemingly waved to her. If it were possible for her eyes to widen anymore, they had. She raised an arm up and gestured the man towards her. Yes! Oh joy! He didn't seem to have any animals on him, but surely he was an Attuned in that case. He must've seen her Notice Board post! Why else would someone show up at this exact moment on this exact day? It cant be pure coincidence, no.

And so, Delta waited for the man to hopefully get closer. She wasn't going to yell, no, that was... childish. Yes. Very childish.
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
As she waved him over, the Alchemist plodded out of the water and onto the wet sand to travel faster. Nearing, he offered her a smile, finding it surprising that he didn't recognize her. But the ease with which she floated in the water and the colour of her skin suggested that she wasn't a stranger to Torchline, which made it all the more peculiar that her face was such a mystery to him.

"Hallo." He called, stepping into the water again up to his knee and wriggling his toes slightly so that he sank down an inch or so. "I'm Remi." The Alchemist added, with a small smile. "I don't believe we've met."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Things were just going perfect! Now, someone would've probably said 'Delta your request is too specific, why would anyone come and so that' and that person was the five people who turned down her request to write down a note for her on the Notice Board... BUT HAH. It all was working out spectacularly but oh- Oh.

Lady like. Like her father. Trying to compose herself, she attempted to hide away her smile. It was an odd face to make, but she was trying as good as she could to look like a leader- er- like someone who was in control and was important. Yeah, that's what it was.

The man introduced himself and Delta found herself smiling despite her best efforts. And then it clicked. Her smile dropped ever so slightly and head tilted to the right as it dawned upon her exactly who she was talking to. Remi. The Governor. The guy her dad just talked to-

H o l  y S h i t.

Composing herself once more, she tried to make sure her posture was good and face mature. "It is very nice to meet you, Remi." She said with a small nod, hoping that she looked very mature. "I am Delta. Are you here for the Notice Board posting?" Of course he was here for the Notice Board posting, why else would he be here?
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi watched a cacophony of subtle expressions wash across Delta's face, though he made no attempt to interrupt or even identify the majority of them. Instead, he stood in the water, a softly patient expression on his face until she finally seemed ready to speak. "You as well, Delta." Still mostly hidden beneath the waves, the Alchemist wasn't only ignorant of her notice board posting, but her race as well. His discussion with Maru had been all business, and there hadn't been much time to speak of children.

"Notice board?" The Alchemist repeated, phrasing it as a question.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
How... interesting. Had her father not mentioned her name to the Governor? Maybe that was a bit narcissistic, but Delta had assumed that Remi would've recognized her name. Instead, the man seemed rather relaxed and calm, showing no inclination to know who she was. And then things got strange.

So as it turns out... nobody showed up to her calling. Or well, someone showed up at the right time... but not because of her posting. Lowering her eyebrows, her lip almost turned into a pout, a bit upset that nobody had showed up. "Yes. I had a scribe make a post for me, so that the mo- humans could see it." Trying to compose herself so the freakin Governor wouldn't see her mope, she took a deep breath in. "I was hoping that I could find an attuned or someone else with access to animals... there's a few animals we cant exactly see easily in the ocean and I was hoping to see a real one for myself." She tries to explain it calmly and simply, hoping her objective was obvious and understandable.
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Oh, my apologies.' Remi said with a soft apologetic chuckle, glancing over his shoulder as if expecting to see someone else. "Am I interrupting, then?"

Hearing what her request was, the Alchemist felt a pang riffle through his core. It felt cold, a species of vanity and selfishness all rolled up into one unhappy wave that sloshed in his belly. Once, he could have shown Delta a multitude of animals. But now? Now he couldn't even call to them for aid.

"Well, I'm sure you have seen hawks before, so on that front my original shift might not be of much use to you. But...I do have another you've likely not seen, if you would care for that?"

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
At first, all was truly lost. This man was very kind and Delta could see why he was elected Governor. His voice somewhat reminded her of Maru's, relaxed and genuine. A good leader must be presentable and have a nice voice, but this must be real. It is easy to tell when a leader is being fake and doesn't have good intentions. "Don't worry, you aren't interrupting anything. Nobody seems to be coming so oh well." She offers him a forced smile and a shrug. Now would be a very bad time to be upset seeing as he was kinda an important deal.

She was just about to inquire in other things- things political in nature- before he spoke up once more. The fire in her heart was lit ablaze and her eyes widened, sparkling with wonder and mischief. "That would be great! Is it fluffy?" That's the most important thing to ask. Fur doesn't exactly transfer well to the ocean and it's always so coarse and hard when it does. So who knows, maybe he's super fluffy! Hopefully it's something she can touch- would Remi even be okay with doing that? She could only dream.
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi wasn't a big deal by any stretch of the imagination. Though he could see something like disappointment on Delta's features, he merely nodded.

When she asked if his shift was fluffy, he could only gawk for a moment, before laughing rather boyishly. "Well...parts of it are, I suppose. My body is mostly lion..my tail is from a scorpion, eagle's wings, and sharks teeth. I imagine you've already seen some of those animals, but...yes, I suppose the leonine part is fluffy enough."

Pausing before shifting, he gave Delta a curious sort of stare. "Do..you want to come out of the water? Or would you prefer I come to you?" Still ignorant of the fact that she was a mermaid, Remi was a little thrown off by her reluctance to come closer to him, especially since she was the one who waved him over.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The rest of what Remy said kind of came out as.... well, the closest comparison was a bunch of seagulls sqwaking. It's his fault for saying he was part lion first because everything else sounded so distant. Yeah, she heard him, but A LION?! Her eyes lit up and she tried as hard as she could to contain herself, not speaking or interrupting him with her pure excitement over the fact that she had found a lion!!! Or well, a close-ish thing to a lion.

Before she could ask tons of important research questions Remi asked her a pretty damn silly question. Scrunching her nose, she gave him a look of 'are you blind'. Trying to adjust herself, she hoped that her tail was at least somewhat obvious. "I'm a mermaid, Remi...so it'd probably be best if you came over here. It's not exactly fun beaching myself, nor is it really safe." At first she sounded kind of surprised, but after a short pause she collected herself and calmed down, appearing far happier and understanding. "if it'd make it easier on you, I can try to get closer to the shore." He was the Governor and she'd rather not end up in jail.... did he have a mermaid jail there up on land?
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
i've been sleepwalking and wandering all night
"Oh!" The Alchemist blushed his bemusement at having not put two and two together. As Delta shifted, he indeed saw her tail, grinning from ear to ear in boyish embarrassment. "Well, you were the one who said she was excited. Maybe seeing a lion is worth dying over, who am I to say?" He quipped back with a cheeky smirk, before shaking his head. "No, no. Of course I'll come to you."

So saying, Remi took a step forward. As he did, his hands grew into large paws as his limbs stretched and expanded. As a manticore he was far larger than any lion had any right to be, and despite how muscular his human form was, he grew considerably as he shifted. Large tawny wings stretched from his shoulder-blades, while a long and articulated tail curved up from the base of his spine. In his mouth were rows of deadly shark teeth which made speaking impossible. From his visit with Maru though, Remi at least knew he'd be able to communicate mentally.

This is about as fluffy as I get, these days. Remi chuckled, his mental voice more thickly accented.

trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Coding base by Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The embarrassment expressed was extremely amusing in Delta's eyes. It was always funny to see how humans reacted to merfolk and even though this one had met her dad, he still was seemingly caught off guard to figure out her status. "What a way to go, some people are killed by such heroic things. I think it'd be a very heroic way to go, especially seeing as it's a lion." She giggles and hopes that her joke isn't too weird or such. It's no secret that she cant exactly stay on shore otherwise risk dying and she saw no point in being upset about it constantly.

Hands immediately grasped the sides of her face as her eyes widened. The wings and tail were cool and all BUT IT WAS A LION. A wide grin appeared on her face and she could help but laugh a bit. "You do have a mane." It was a silly comment to make and honestly, she didn't really think to consider what it may sound like. "I only heard about you a bit ago. I'm part Lion Fish, you see? And someone told me that real lions have big fluffy manes. And it's true!" Oh man how much she wanted to just pet him? To feel what actual dry fur feels like? And the man! She could probably even braid it, if he allowed her to.
DELTA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
i've been sleepwalking and wandering all night
"It's true. I could tell everyone afterwards that you put up a brave fight, but in the end, the craving for mermaid was simply too strong and that I overpowered you." The Alchemist replied with a cheeky grin.

I do, yes. Remi agreed, shaking his head slightly so that his halo of fur ruffled and swayed in the breeze. Moving even closer (lions were good swimmers, but his wings made this awkward, so she'd have to come to him at some point), the lion offered a fanged smile. Now, are you called a lion-fish because you look like me? Or because you're just as fierce? He suspects the latter, given the strange striping on her body and how decidedly un-lion like in appearance she was.

trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Coding base by Sky!