and this old world is a new world
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

A M U N
I'll tell you my sins
and you can sharpen your knife
Climbing down the hidden path to the newly constructed shrine, Amun paused for only a moment at the bottom. Gazing fondly at the altar at the back of the cave, he eventually picked his way over to it. Pausing for a moment to collect his thoughts, he took a deep and completely unnecessary breath, trying to steady surprisingly unsettled nerves.

Only then did he speak. "The Voice, I was wondering if I might speak to you." His voice was deeply respectful and more than a bit reverent. As he waited to see if she would show up, he slipped his hands into his pockets, but he wasn't quite able to capture the casual posture that had once been second nature to him.

Turning in Level 6 reward: Receive a quest with a New God for an upgrade

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
Indeed she did appear. Taking in a deep breath that like Amun she didn't need, the Voice simply stood in the reverie of the coast for a moment. Goddess though she was, there were inclinings of the human girl she might once have been, scattered in small fragments and gestures.

Turning towards him after a moment, the Voice smiled indulgently. "Of course Amun. What is on your mind, my bright one?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

A M U N
I'll tell you my sins
When the Voice appeared, Amun's cares melted away as they always did when he was around her. As she looked out towards the horizon, he turned to do the same. He was more than content to bask in his goddess' presence and regard the ocean, a fond expression on his features all the while.

Facing her as she finally spoke, he crossed his arms. "I know I have already asked and received more than my fair share of blessings and gifts from you, but I was wondering if you might consider providing me with another upgrade." His tone was equal parts grateful and cautious.

Hesitating for just a moment, he quickly went on in an almost embarrassed rush. "Perhaps something that lets me manipulate the metal around me." Bowing his head slightly, he patiently awaited her response, trying to show her the proper respect.

Change author:
the VOICE
The Voice gave Amun a sly look as he dove right into his request. She appreciated his respect for his time as well as the frankness of his plea. "Metal?" A curious ask, but one she could see the merits of.

"I'm sure you'll understand why we can't go about upgrading you with the normal means of metal manipulation...that requiring fire and so on.." But of course the Voice was far more clever than simply having to rely on base elements the way the abandoned did. She'd come so much farther than that.

"But it is easily enough done. Here—" A ball of metal appeared in her hand, which she then offered out to Amun. "Have this moved by someone with powerful telekinesis, heated by powerful fire, natural or otherwise, and finally leave it out to be struck by lightning. Once that is done, but it back to me."

Amun must 1. have the metal be moved by someone with mastered telekinesis, have it sit in
'powerful fire' so mastered-level fire magic OR fire that burns hotter than simple torches/campfires, and then leave it out to be struck by lightning.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:

A M U N
I'll tell you my sins
Nodding at the Voice's question, Amun grinned when she mentioned they would have to go about the upgrade in a roundabout manner. "We wouldn't want that." However, his faith in his goddess' ability to find a workaround was swiftly rewarded.

Taking the ball that she offered, his eyes narrowed as he listened to her instructions. "Got it." Hefting the ball, he gave her a pleased look. "I'll get right on it. Thank you for offering me another chance to improve myself, and for your time." He sketched out a shallow bow, before straightening up, his eyes having reclaimed a bit of their old mischief.

Change author:
the VOICE
With a grin that matched the mischief in his own gaze, the Voice extended a wrist towards him, her opposing hand reaching for the back of his head to guide him towards her. It hadn't been long since she'd last seen him and refuelled him in this way, but there was no harm in a bit of a top-up.

"There are things to come, Amun. Things of which I cannot speak of now, but soon..." She whispered softly against the dark smattering of his hair.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:

A M U N
I'll tell you my sins
As the Voice extended her wrist, Amun grinned. Reaching up with gentle hands, he slowly sank his fangs into her. His eyes fluttered shut as the incredible sensation of being replenished by his goddess, of being made whole and bright by her coursed through him. This, this connection, made everything else worth it.

However, his eyes popped open as she spoke. Lifting his gaze to stare adoringly up at her, he raised his head as well. Nodding, he smirked. "I can't wait." The reverent tone had crept back into his voice, and the awe on his face was real.

Letting go of her, he slipped his hands into his pockets. Glancing out to the horizon for a moment, he eventually spoke in a much softer voice. "And let me know how else I might be useful to you?" There was something hesitant about his voice, unlike his usual brash and bold demeanor.

Change author:
the VOICE
"Ahh, but you must." She grinned back, appreciating always the line between mischief and determination that Amun seemed to so easily walk.

'Always.' The Voice agreed. "For now, continue as you have been. Your judgements and curiosity haven't led you astray yet." Indeed, unlike many of her children, Amun seemed to have an innate sense of what needed to be done. Perhaps it was because who he was in lifetimes before this one.

"I will see you soon." She vowed, before disappearing in a crackle of light and energy.

~FIN.