No Renaissance Came
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i said make me love myself, so that i might love you // don't make me a liar
Brows raise in question, more of his gaze shifting towards the Goddess at her answer, the outstretched hand. It’s a little strange to really see the Goddess outside of the shrine; somehow she looks smaller, though it’s clear by the bolt that leaves her hand that she is in no way diminished.

At first, Nate doesn’t see what she’s done, isn’t blessed with the Voice’s sight. It reaches him after a moment though, a small, delicate looking creature, seemingly plucked from the stars themselves. Without thinking, Nate reaches up, almost to meet it, to offer a mooring point, it’s mournful call tugging at his heart.

If he knew more about the starwhales, he might have some objections, his company lacking in comparison to a celestial pod, but he doesn’t. ”It’s beautiful.” He says instead, already besotted with the creature. A sideways glance is aimed back at the Voice again. ”What exactly do you mean by that?”
because i swear to god // when i said it, i thought it was true

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the Voice
"Surely you already know what I mean." The Voice smiles across at Nate, her hand lowering as he reaches up, taking over as a beacon for the little narwhal to float and bob her way down towards him. And Nate would know, as sure as something settling and opening in his mind, the bond between himself and the starwhale bursting to life until she is right before the two of them. Static glitters across her form - touched by the Voice, no less can be expected - but she circles him tentatively and seems unharmed by it.

"She is yours, Nate," the Voice explains. "Exactly as you asked. Something by your side, a connection to feeling... and to me."

Nate has gained a starwhale companion!

There is one small caveat (oh but isn't there always): The strength of the bond between Nate and his companion is reflected in his feelings towards the Voice.

E.g. If Nate is suspicious of the Voice, the companion is suspicious of Nate, etc. etc.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
i said make me love myself, so that i might love you // don't make me a liar
The new openness in his mind is strange, like the void leftover by a pulled tooth, something he can't help but poke at, surprised by it's depth, but at least it does answer his question. It very quickly becomes the furthest thing from his mind though, as the starwhale, his starwhale, comes closer, circles around him. He reaches out to touch her, and feels something in his mind, mistrust, maybe a touch of resentment, her eye on him bright, accusatory. The hand comes back before he actually touches anything, suspicious eyes turning back to the Voice, even as Nate feels a similar swirl of suspicion aimed towards him.

This explanation he doesn't even need to ask for, the Voice, in his mind, smug, and gloating about this turn of events. But, he had gotten what he wanted, more than he wanted, answers and a companion both. Instead of complaining, mouthing off, Nate simply nodded, something almost thoughtful on his face. "Thank you. This is... it's reassuring to know I'm not the redheaded stepchild." He would linger a few moments longer, but it seemed their business was concluded, and he had a lot to work out now.

Done~
because i swear to god // when i said it, i thought it was true