rae's fingers, safrin's veins
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
if there's nothing that they hold
Though Torchline had grown colder as the season changed, most were able to get away with little more than a long-sleeved shirt and perhaps pants rather than shorts. Some locals stubbornly clung to their threadbare outfits, but given the wealth of firelight constantly alighting the shores, there was decent heat even at night.

So it was that the Alchemist and whoever felt so inclined made the trek up towards Safrin's lighthouse. Remi had made sure that everyone in attendance had been given a lit candle so that they might all look like twinkling stars. It was all just pageantry for Safrin of course, but if Remi had learned one thing about the goddess, it was that such actions, even if not entirely genuine, were still welcome.

"Should this request not be...received well, I'd not have any of you bear the brunt of Safrin's anger." The Alchemist said with a wry smile, glancing at those in attendance. "Not that I'm one for public speaking, but I'd ask that you let me do the talking." Given what a lightning rod he had been in the past for the anger of gods, this might not be the best plan. But Remi would rather a failed attempt at asking for aid, than to see any of the Torchers be unduly cursed.
And what good are hearts
if you bury them all alone?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
THE FALLEN STAR
Ronin was hardly the best advocate for Safrin currently, but that didn't mean he wouldn't show up. If nothing more, the Dark Star was a slave to duty, and he would always show up to that which he had pledged.

So he stood beside Remi as he addressed the crowd, with his little candle in hand, softly glowing with a starlight all of his own as he gazed up at the skies. If one looked close, his smile was forced and his jaw clenched, but it would be very difficult indeed to see that one of Safrin's chosen was anything but thrilled to be part of the proceedings.
now don’t you lose hope
I swear I never dream that we’re alone
I swear I still believe but I don’t know
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
i'm drowning in all these voices in the sea
and meeting all my vices in the ring
He arrives with the rest of them, the crowd, though he edges a bit closer toward Remi and Ronin. A candle in his hand, Safrin’s own daggers at his hips, some attempt perhaps to keep the peace — because he’s heard quite a bit about how much the fallen star felt about the matter of their goddess. Remi’s own relationships with the gods go relatively unaware to the man.

But he’s here for support, granting a nod to Remi and Ronin, taking his place as a part of the request with the rest of the crowd, steel gaze surprisingly light as he focuses on whether or not she shows up, what she might have them do to accomplish it.
so step inside, i ain't afraid to bleed
there ain't a casket strong enough for me
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
In stark contrast to her father, Seren made no attempt to hide her emotions. She was beaming with anticipation and could barely stand still, clutching that candle like it was a tether that might pull her mother down if she just held on hard enough.

She had grown since last time she saw Sarfin. Physically, mentally, a little more with every encounter and experience. There were so many things she wanted to say, ask about, and above all Seren just wanted to see her again. Mother. Mama. Safrin.

Quietly, she reached up for Ronin's hand. Not sure if she wanted him to steady her, or offer some kind of support to him; she didn't know why, but he had been tense all day.
Come with the night the science of fighting
The forces of gravity
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
daughter of the sun; you belong only to yourself
Support in goddess agendas, in stalwart constellations and cosmos, brought the little spark forward. She bobbed and weaved along the sands, the dunes, the high-rise of lighthouses and brandished propositions – the last evening she’d spent beneath Safrin’s stars had been wondrous, beneficent, and awe-inspiring, and there was no way she was missing out on this opportunity again. She’d left the rocks from their last meeting at home, in pockets, ivory-adorned and beautiful, but thought the candle would be a nice, lingering touch anyway, following after the footsteps of Remi, of Ronin, and anyone else gathered beneath the wake. The youth held no indication of any slight towards the Alchemist and his request, and only hummed beneath her breath, the flames lighting her features as she reverently closed her eyes, and asked for the evening to bid them fondly.
Melita
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saiden sidled along at the back of the crowd, lit candle in hand. One the off chance that Seren happened to glance his way, he'd wave at her. However, he had no intention of approaching the men with the small girl.

Instead, he just hummed a sea shanty. At least he'd chosen one about sailing by night and navigating by the stars, even if he wasn't voicing any of the lyrics. It seemed appropriate, given the setting and the deity they were approaching. Nodding at Remi's words, the cook just settled in to wait. He was there to watch more than participate: given that he'd never encountered the goddess before, he figured she had no reason to care if he was there or not.

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
- NATE -
The universe is expanding
But I don't feel a damn thing
This more than likely an event, a prayer he should forgo, that he should watch from the window at home. Nate can't bear not being involved though, so here he is, closer to Melita than Sunjata as they approach the shrine, trying to keep some modicum of professionalism (ha), some distance between the government and himself.

He settles closer to the back of the group, reaching out for Sunjata as he moves back and threading their free hands together. Bright eyes stay focused forward, waiting to see the goddess appear.
Love and understanding
Were simply too demanding
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
RAZA
I don’t have much of a relationship with the Gods - never have. More of a masochistic ‘pull myself up by my bootstraps’ sort of person, or just too busy to pay much attention to them. And I don’t know, none of them have really appealed to me. But this is a Torchline thing and I personally think canals would be pretty cool, and good for Torchers. And mermaids. So when Remi says show up, I show up.

I follow along the back of the crowd and give a warm greeting to Melita, another to Saiden, walking along like I’ve got nothin’ better to do. Or perhaps I’m just there to keep watch, to make sure nothing goes awry and that the Outlanders don’t get ahead of ‘emselves. I hold the offered candle loosely, playing with the wax while it’s still quiet.
she's got a real quick trigger and some new demands
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Change author:
Eloise
Darling, you take the high horse
and I'll take the high road
Like many, Eloise hadn't encountered Safrin yet, but oh how she wanted to. Caring little about canals or the governor's plans for Torchline ( Jack's plans would always supersede any government as far as she was concerned), the illusionist was strictly here to see the lady of the stars.

If she appeared at all, of course.  Chances were good, what with Remi's husband being her chosen one and all that, so even if this idea for canals didn't work, hopefully, she'd see Safrin just the same.

Holding her candle close to her chest, the firelight dancing across her skin, she moved to stand near Raza. Offering Saiden a small smile and silent nod as she passed, the illusionist widened her eyes in an expression of what do you think will happen? as she leaned against the wall trying to contain the flutter of her heartbeat.
If you're too good for us,
you'll be good riding solo
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Change author:
JAMES
James was here because all of this was likely to go tits up, and like most, he did very much enjoy a good set of tits.

Making no attempt to be quiet, James waggled his brows at Sunjata in greeting, his expression very much one of I know you, you big lug and also we should get drunk sometime and then immediately we should get drunk now. Or at least that's what James' was trying to communicate. He probably looked as though his eyebrows were having a bit of a spasm.

Using his candle to light a cigarette, the thief plopped himself on the ground, not minding one bit that everyone else seemed to be standing.
"as fuck" is my favourite unit of measurement.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
Giving Ronin's shoulder an affectionate nudge, both trying to comfort his husband as well as take comfort himself, the Alchemist moved towards the shrine. "Safrin, we have all come here today in appreciation of the gifts you've given to us." Carefully, Remi had planned what to say. He'd not lie to the goddess, not with his husband's wellbeing on the line (nor Seren's either), but still he'd not lavish her with compliments she didn't deserve. Not after everything.

"But there are those of us who cannot reach you, not here anyway. Those who cannot participate in Torchline's way of life. The mermaids." He paused, wanting to gaze out towards the sea as if expecting to see their expectant faces there, but knowing the gesture would only be a token one. It was too dark to see anyways.

"We had thought perhaps a series of canals through the town might help unite the Torchers and Mermaids. Just as there are Rae's Fingers, we thought it fitting to have a piece of you at the heart of Torchline."
And what good are hearts

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
SAFRIN
Now this was how it was supposed to be. Eyes and hearts waiting for her arrival, her own flesh and blood in the room, and one of power asking her for her help. Pointing out the failings of Rae's world in a way that she might improve on.

Appearing in a dramatic pulse of star-bright smoke accompanied by the scent of juniper and lilac, Safrin stood in a long white-lace gown that sparkled with points of starlight. Rather than addressing Remi, or even Ronin, the goddess instead opened her arms to Seren, beckoning her daughter towards her. Older than when last they were together, still Safrin pressed a kiss into Seren's curls, wrapping her arms around her child and cooing unintelligible words of affection against her.

Glancing up towards Remi only after she'd cuddled Seren, the goddess turned her gaze towards the others who had arrived, before looking back to the Alchemist. "What a lovely idea." She said, a hand still softly playing with Seren's dark curls. "But such a thing will have ramifications for all of Torchline, as such, you will all have to assist with this task."

Seren and Remi may reply!

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
She knew that scent. Knew that light, that figure, those hands. Dropping the candle and her father's hand alike, Seren rushed forward with a cry of delight as the goddess appeared. "Mama!"  

Without a care for those who might be watching, the girl threw herself into Safrin's waiting arms and hugged her mother tightly, clinging to her as though she might make up for all the lost time in this single moment. The rest of the meeting and its purpose was lost on her; all she knew was the comfort of her mother's hands in her raven hair.

"I missed you," she whispered for only Safrin to hear, so brim full of joy at seeing her again that it almost overflowed. Maybe this meeting was not meant as a family reunion, but for all Seren knew or cared, that was the really important part.

And of course, being able to talk to Delta and other mermaids more often would be great.
Come with the night the science of fighting
The forces of gravity
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
Remi watched this display between mother and child with a held breath. Instinctively he wanted to glance over his shoulder to Ronin, to see how his husband might be reacting to this maternal scene of love and kindness, but he stayed his gaze.

Waiting until it at least seemed as though Seren's reunion had come to a place where he felt he could speak. "So long as we can do so without harming Torchline." Remi said in sweeping agreement, subtly trying to insert into whatever contract they were about to enter into, something about no harm befalling Torchline in service of these canals. Bumps and scrapes were one thing, sacrifices or unjustified pledges of fielty were quite another.
And what good are hearts