we are all just prisoners here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Remi really had meant to come and see Nate earlier than this. Life continued to get in the way, and as it did, more reasons to see the ascended-doctor began to pile up. Could he confirm whether or not Remi had a soul still? Did he have any thoughts on the governance of Torchline, as Sunjata suggested? Would he be able to work with Sam during LongNight?

Knowing little about Nate's daily schedule, Remi entered his clinic just after lunchtime, hoping to find the doctor in (presumably Nate didn't need lunch breaks) and free for a chat. If not, Remi would make himself useful (read: would loiter, randomly touching and straightening things), until he could gauge whether or not it was worth hanging about waiting for the doctor, or if he should make an appointment.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
There are things that we put in our bodies
We know what we're doing and we aren't sorry
Most of Nate's days were spent in his little clinic, a timetable pinned to the door showing when he would be available, and when he would be elsewhere. It was still slow though, at least compared to what he was used to, a trickle of patients and concerns. Today though, had been especially mind numbing, and he'd been reduced to sitting in one of the upstairs offices, organizing and reorganizing the same drawer over and over.

The sound of the door opening had Nate on his feet and down the stairs in a breath, though his eagerness vanished when he saw who had arrived, replaced with a sly grin. "Now what'd I do to earn a visit from the governor?" He drawled, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall, brow quirking along with the question. Visits from anyone in power still sparked a twinge of discomfort, but he was biting it back, trying to not let old feelings taint new relationships.
Honestly, I don't know how to react
You think hurting yourself doesn't hurt anybody else
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
Glancing up with a wry grin of his own, Remi straightened, chin raised and held up his hand. "Missing permits for medical equipment, all sorts of noise complaints.." Remi counted down the apparent infractions by raising his fingers. "..and, more than a few accusations that you've stolen hearts with those blue eyes and teeth of yours." Clearing just making up garbage on the spot (though Nate was handsome in his own way, the Alchemist supposed), Remi shook his head to indicate that nothing of what he said was the actual reason for his visit.

"Sunjata mentioned you might have some thoughts about Torchline. Programs, laws...that sort of thing." Crossing his arms and letting himself slouch (masculine displays of intimidation having never been a good look for him), the Alchemist shrugged softly.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
As soon as Remi began listing his “crimes”, Nate felt his shoulders drop, relaxing into the conversation some. ”Sounds like I’m in a lot of trouble.” He laughed brightly, pushing off the wall. ”Lucky for me, I’ve got an in with the Arbiter.” A conspiratorial wink was shot towards the other man, the action only slightly more mature than the eyebrow waggling Nate wanted to do. He settled as Remi shook his head though, even more curious about the nature of the visit.

A hand lifted to rub at Nate’s jaw as he considered Remi’s words, nodding after a moment. ”I’ve got a few thoughts.” Comes the confirmation, the doctor turning to glance up the stairs. ”If you wanna hear all of them, we can talk in my office, but if you’re looking for anything specific, just let me know.” Might as well make the offer now, before he wastes the governors time with his opinions.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
Remi laughed brightly at that, his smile dimpling his cheeks in a way that flew in the face of the role of mercy-killer he'd recently taken on. "Well I see you've learned the ways of Torchline." The Alchemist quipped back, bribery and palm-greasing ever the way of this place. Nate's relationship with Sunjata wasn't just for economic gain, but the metaphor fit closely enough. "I'd watch out though. I can think of many men and women who're also looking for an in with the Arbiter." He added with a cheeky grin.

"Nope, happy to hear what you have to say." Remi replied, following Nate up the stairs. Part of him was tempted to snark that given the amount of surprised looks folks seemed to have upon hearing that he was Governor, clearly he needed all the help he could get. He stifled this though, falling into a humble silence.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Shoulders roll in a cocky, almost disinterested shrug at Remi's quip, the gesture faux modest. It wasn't so much learning as it was settling back into, but the small detail didn't warrant a correction. The warning though? "I've got nothing to worry about." Nate assures the other man easily. "No one's gonna get what I have."

The room Nate leads them to is sparsely furnished, surprisingly organized, given the kind of careless persona the doctor exudes. Remi is directed to a chair while Nate putters, finding a pair of glasses and producing a bottle from a drawer, pouring both of them a glass before he sits himself. Blue eyes consider the Governor over the rim of the glass, a moment stretching out before Nate speaks. "I suppose, above all else, I'd like to see a system that treats everyone with fairness. That tries to attack the cause, and not the people struggling with it, y'know?"

"Where I came from, there were organizations that worked along with communities, with the government, and made sure people were provided for, that they have what they need." There's a pause, as Nate sips his drink, gives Remi a chance to respond before he carries on. "I was already working on plans for something like that, since the college has," A hand wave, passing over the mess that that was easily, "you know."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
Remi grins at that, knowing well what the sentiment is meant to imply. Indeed, with the Alchemist having given his husband and all-access no-expiration hall pass, one might think Remi is in the same situation. But perhaps like Nate, even were something to happen, it would never—could never—come close to what already was.

Sitting down heavily into the chair as if it is there for his relaxation, Remi seems comfortable enough in the stretched-silence before Nate speaks. "I do indeed." He agrees with a nod. "Sunjata mentioned something like that, though I think it was your idea. Of...having basic food and clothing available to all as a way of stopping petty theft." It made sense, and yet honestly, Remi hadn't thought of it. Rather than feel a sham in his position or embarrassed at his lack of expertise, instead, he was just pleased to have such learned people around him.

"You know." Remi repeats with a crooked grin, those words and the hand wave encompassing oh so much, but he did understand completely.

"Well...let me ask you this." Leaning forward, rolling his glass between his fingers, he meets Nate's blue stare with a mischievous green one of his own. "How much time would you like to invest in this? Are you looking to just...advise? Or would you like to be more hands-on?"
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
An almost relieved grin broke across Nate's face as Remi agreed with his words, his suggestion, though he still only took it at face value, prepared to not trust a thing until it happened. "That was my idea, yea. We had a whole... conversation, when he got his new position. That's probably one of the better ideas to come out of it." The admission comes with an amused snort, Nate throwing back his drink, the picture of someone who's advice should not be taken, and yet.

At least he doesn't have to explain the drama around the Medical College, though Nate does wonder how much exactly Remi would know about his unfortunate, though not regrettable connection to the situation. Hell, he hadn't even spoken to Phoebe in months.

"What, you think I'm going to step away now, let you take all the credit for this?" Nate leaned back in his chair and laughed, shaking his head as the sound petered out. "No, no, if it's going to happen, I am going to have my hands in it."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
'A conversation, sure.' Remi grinned with a sly tilt of his head, his expression obviously one which implied that talking wasn't all the flood and the doctor had done.

"I mean, that would look good on me, yeah." The Alchemist said with a cheeky smirk. "But then I suppose I'd have to do something about it, so..." Rolling his wrist as if to imply he was caught between a rock and a hard place, he finally sighed and tossed his hands up. "I suppose I've got no other choice than to promote you. How would you feel about thinking about these sorts of issues at an official capacity?"
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
"A conversation." Nate repeats, with a nod. "He does this thing with... words, that just makes me weak." For dramatic effect, a faraway glint enters Nate's eye, before he's shaking his head, grinning conspiratorially at the Governor.

"It only looks good as long as you can maintain it. And you've got a lot on your plate already." Nate shoots back immediately, the joke obvious in his eyes, the slant of his grin, even if he plays the part of a 'good idea boss' kind of guy remarkably well.

Though the offer Remi makes is not what he expects. Some kind of... permission, maybe, a blessing from the Governor, but not anything official. The grin on Nate's face doesn't move, even as he blinks, brow rising slowly as he weighed pros and cons in his head, some invisible checklist moved down. "What kind of official capacity are you thinking?" He asks, leaning forward.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
'Mmm, words. From what I've heard, you've more than a few ways to weaken his knees as well.' Ways the Alchemist knows well from past experiences with the ascended, but as it once had with Sam, affection can make those abilities even more pleasurable.

Running his palm up the side of one unshaven cheek and then into his curls, Remi hums a sigh as he shrugs. "Social..outreach?" He says, frowning at the title. "Overseeing social affairs and the well-being of Torchline. That sort of thing." Ronin was much better at the pithy one-word names for such duties, and as far as Remi could remember, he'd not promised witiness on his part in his campaign speech.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
The grin on his face grows ever wider, a low chuckle leaving Nate at the other man's words. "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. I'm sure you don't want to hear me brag though, huh?" Really, he was sure the alchemist hadn't come here to shoot the shit about his singular conquest, as much fun as it was for Nate.

A hand moves to stroke at Nate's chin, a moment of contemplative thought. It was essentially what he was going to do anyway, Remi had just offered all the tools to do it easily, efficiently. A solid platform to work from, to expand from. Slowly, Nate let a grin spread over his face, then shoved out his left hand towards the Governor. "I think that sounds like a job I can do, boss." He offers brightly. "We can work on the title though. Maybe... director? I've always wanted to direct things."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Upon my liar's chair
"Nah, I prefer to be surprised." The Alchemist chuckles back, grinning mischievously at the other man. There are jokes to be made about finding out what else might be up Nate's sleeve, but for the time being Remi just lets those go. With himself, Ronin, Sunjata, and Nate now all on his council, he's sure there will be innuendos aplenty.

Snorting a touch at that, the governor nods. "Director it is." Waving a hand outwards at the empty room, he grins again. "Go forth and direct. If you need input from me don't hesitate to ask but...I delegate because I'm more than aware of all I don't know, so.." Shrugging a touch at that, Remi moves towards the door.

"Now that you've things to direct I'll leave you to it. Like I said, you know where to find me if you need anything."

~FIN
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair