kegs 'n eggs
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
What good is a secret tunnel if you don’t put it to good use?

I don’t even know if Remi will be there, but part of me doesn’t care. Opening the hatch on my side in the early parts of the morning, I climb down into the tunnel and follow it all the way to the Governor’s House. My nails scrape against the walls as I walk, properly half-amazed that I 'helped' create this. I'm tired and I realize that probably ain't the best time to come a-callin’, but I also know Remi doesn’t always keep regular hours. Or he didn’t use to. But we still haven't had the what am I supposed to do? chat, and I heard that more Grounders were comin' here for LongNight, so I sure as hell am going to get things set straight before then.

Rapping sharply against the other side, I decide I’m going to give it a couple more tries, spaced out every couple of minutes. Just in case.
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
if there's nothing that they hold
It would take a few tries before Remi did finally answer. When the door was tugged open, it would be to reveal a dishevelled looking Alchemist, covered in charcoal, wearing only threadbare sweatpants. Of course it could only be Raza on the other side of the door, but still Remi blinked confused green eyes at her for a moment before he stepped aside to let her come in.

"I suppose we should probably rig up some sort of system for that." He muttered under his breath. "Some sort of...light that can be turned on to alert the other when we leave our side...or if that's too obvious, maybe a painting that suddenly becomes crooked so as not to draw attention.." This is all said obviously more to himself than Raza, with Remi's gaze losing focus as his mind wanders inwardly to try and piece together how such a thing could be done.
And what good are hearts
if you bury them all alone?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I’m about to give up and turn around when the door begins to open, the light blinding me for a moment before Remi comes into focus, the backlight behind him making it difficult to see that he’s covered in dark marks at first. But as I step through and get a better look at him, I give him a look. I don’t want to know what kind of kinky things he’s up to with Ronin right now (and yes, I’ve overheard some of those conversations at the Hanged Man, right before they leave).

“Should I come back at more… regular hours?” There’s a bit of disdain in there somewhere, as if I can’t believe that he, a Governor and husband, could possibly have taken up the lifestyle of someone who has a big, important job. It’s all in jest, of course, as I reach out to his shoulder and take a swipe at the dark smudges, examining it more closely for a moment.

A notification system would be a good idea. We should have thought of it earlier. But I didn't want to drag on the PQ when the others were already done.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
'And what hours would those be?' Remi wonders, a smirk creeping onto his voice and infecting his voice with amusement. As she reaches out for his shoulder, the charcoal making strange patterns over his various scars, he just grins. "Fact about me, I am...not the neatest person when I'm working." Glancing down at his hands, nearly entirely black now, his torso streaked with scars and soot, he glances up with an apologetic grimace that's entirely feigned.

'Does the reason you're here require a shirt or clean hands?' He asks with genuine curiosity. Given her position in the government as well as bar-owner, Raza could be hear for almost any reason; certainly some of which require him to be a bit more presentable than he currently is.
And what good are hearts
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
I roll my eyes a bit as Remi asks what regular hours are. He’s right. Regular is so fucking underrated. But as he begins to realize the state he’s in, I just chuckle and shake my head. “Nah. S’your house yer gettin’ all dirty. And ain’t nothin’ I haven’t seen before.” I take a look around the area and choose a random seat that looks comfortable, because I been standin’ all night and could use a rest. As I do, I find that that selfsame curiosity that will take me down to the shrine is here again and I have to ask - “Whatcha workin on, then?”

They call him The Alchemist, but I have to admit that a simple person like myself doesn’t know what that means, or what one does. Science-y things, I suppose, maybe something that has to do with magic? Both of which are properly beyond my ken, unless it’s the science of makin’ booze and handlin’ the minds of drunks.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
Remi nods at that, feeling quite certain that it isn't anything she's not seen before, but also likely not something she wants, either. For all that he is, attractive to others is something he's rarely been. Or perhaps the aura of being married to Ronin is simply too strong. But then, Remi isn't the sort of man who minds it, so here merely nods and directs her gaze towards a table holding a number of different gears. "Well it's...a way to fly, I suppose." No DaVinci was he, but the bare bones of one of the old master's works was indeed taking shape. "Over the water, primarily. You would peddle here to make the wings move, but over the ocean as hot air rises off the water, it should assist. Almost like floating on the air. When we were out taking care of the pod of ghost whales, the girl who drowned had no way of flying, so I got to thinking of all those at sea in similar positions. Even just anchored, it would be faster than a boat to get back to shore."

The Alchemist's bright enthusiasm for his work shined through, coating his words before embarrassment and politeness brought him back to the matter at hand. "So if it isn't a shirt or clean hands, what can I do for you?"
And what good are hearts
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
I’m genuinely curious about what he’s workin’ on, coming over to his table and listening to the explanation of all the pieces parts. I lean forward on my elbows a bit to get a better look at one of the pieces closer to me and begin to marvel that he can do this kind of thing. “Is this what an ‘Alchemist’ does? Make things? Would it need magic?” I want to ask so many things, but this isn’t what I came here for. Obviously.

I push myself up and away from his invention, reminded of why I opened my side of the door in the first place.

“Well. We never really talked about what a “Liason” does. An’ with a bunch of non-Torchers comin’ in for LongNight - which I don’t mind - I thought I should have an idea ‘bout what I’m supposed t’be doin’.” A very reasonable request in a short history of reasonable requests from him. It’s weird that this one doesn’t require him to make amends for breakin’ shit the night before.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
'Well....originally alchemy was all about finding how to turn things into gold, or making an elixer so that one could live forever." Remi explained with a boyish grin. "Then it sort of came to mean mixing things together to make new things, and ... I guess I've just allowed myself to use it more broadly, now." Because though Remi had lost his ability to create magically, he was still an alchemist at heart. He'd always find ways of making things that were more than the simple sum of their parts. "But yes, I would want it to work without magic. Not everyone has it, of course." And not everyone keeps the magic they have, he thinks to himself.

Glancing across the table as Raza makes her incredibly reasonable request, Remi considers for a moment—eyebrows and lips making expressive gestures as he thinks—before leaning back in his chair. "Well...I suppose I hoped you'd just do what you always have. Hear what you hear, and tell me the things you think it's important for me to know. I'm not so naive to think you'll tell me everything, but I do hope you think I've Torchline's best interests at heart. So...whatever comes your way, if it needs to reach me, I trust you'll see that it does."
And what good are hearts
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
Nodding thoughtfully at his explanation, I can’t help but think that if he could develop this flying-thing and make it work without magic, and then give it to the people of Torchline, that he might deserve this Governorship after all.

“You’re growing on me,” accompanied with a half-smile/half-smirk is all I say in regards to whether or not I think he’s got Torchline’s best interests at heart. Non-committal. Still slightly skeptical, because I don’t think that full acceptance, at least now, is allowed in the Natural community. All in all, he gives me a perfectly reasonable response. “Aight. Can do that.” There isn’t anything else on my mind that’s terribly pressing. “At some point, we’ll need t’talk about the thing in the Fingers an’ the Ark ‘n all.” But not tonight, I think as I stifle a yawn.

Maybe durin’ LongNight. While everyone else is partyin', the adults can chat unnoticed.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
With a grin tempered by whatever humbleness he still possesses, the Alchemist merely nods . Growing on her is perhaps the best he can hope for, having all but waltzed in and taken over as some have viewed him as having done. That she'll let him continue to demonstrate his intentions is really all he might ever have asked of her.

"We do, yes." Yawning in response to her own, Remi mutters something under his breath about following up with Melita. He really should pay her a visit, knowing what she knows, but...tomorrow. Or the next day, perhaps.

"How about I come to you for that. Better to leave my house unattended, than your bar. Especially with LongNight on its way, I assume it'll be on hands on deck once the sun goes down." Drinking being one of Torchline's primary hobbies and sporting events on a regular day, nevermind when there isn't much else to do.
And what good are hearts
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
At least he understands. And I’m tired, so I ain’t gonna put up any kind’a fight when the logical thing is suggested. “Aye, me ‘n Mik sometimes take on an extra ‘and for LongNight.” When there’s literally nothing else to do, but drink and fuck and waste the nights away. In fact, I move into the backroom during this week, just to make sure shit doesn’t happen during the brief period that we’re closed to clean and do all the other necessary business stuff.

“Mornin’d be best. Or noonish.” We don’t serve food, so it’s best to close around 4 or 5 am, keep it closed till 2 in’a afternoon. I pause, see if there’s anythin’ else, and can’t think’a anythin’, so it’s time to go back and go to bed.

Knocking twice on the table, I give him a little finger salute and head back towards the tunnel door. “Night.”

{Fin}
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!