Mini Event Drinking games
open!
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE

I was not a big alcohol drinker. It didn't sit well with me - I was a lightweight, preferring to maintain control over my mind and faculties than numb it. But something about this season, the locals, the snow and cold, changed my mind, at least for one day.

I asked the bar staff at the Kraai to spread the word that a gathering was going to be had, that all were welcome, as long as they brought a (consenting) open mind to some games, specifically the kind that encouraged consumption of alcohol. I helped set up - I had told Weaver I would help at the bar in whatever way I could, and so I did, setting up empty glasses on the bar ready for shots to be poured into, larger glasses for those who preferred mixer drinks, or wine, or cider.

It was easy enough to set up. As the afternoon stretched on, and more people started to arrive with smiles and an air of thank the gods there's something to do, I rejoiced, excited for the evening's shenanigans to get underway.

--

This is just a lighthearted thread designed to spread some cheer! Set pre-KQ, please have your character suggest any fun drinking games and have fun!
Freedom is secured not by the fulfilling of one's desires
but by the removal of desire
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind
When Chuy had suggested a party, of a sort, Weaver had been happy to oblige. More people meant more customers and possibly more regulars, though mostly, it was something to help keep the winter blues away for a bit. Already Weaver had been thinking of similar things, though most of her suggestions for games involved getting everyone trashed and throwing knives. Or axes.

This was possibly a rather poor idea, though she might not say no if someone else suggested getting trashed and throwing sharp objects. Still, she wouldn’t be the one to suggest it. Loren might have a heart attack at the notion, given how busy it would make his infirmary. Her brother would certainly roll his eyes and tell she was a fool (he’d be right, in this instance). But she is a very fun fool.

She arrives early that day, helping Chuy set up and with every intention of being behind the bar but also involved, at least a bit, with the games. Perhaps she would need to be mildly responsible, but she’d been sure to call in some of the other staff to work behind the bar as well in case she decided to throw responsibility out the window. It was highly likely possible. As people arrive and things are set up, Weaver settles in behind the bar. ”Enough working, Chuy. What’ll it be?” she asks, ready to get him and whoever else well on their way to very drunk.
Weaver
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
the harpy
Drinking games? At the Kraai nonetheless? Count her in.

She arrives quickly, hair untied left to rest in their idle dark waves, her iceberg gaze searching for familiar faces. And familiar faces she sees, immediately beelining toward Chulane with a wide grin sent toward the man, resting her hip against the bar as she regards him and the crowd that’s beginning to form, shooting a wide smile and a wave toward Weaver.

I didn’t take you much for drinking?” She says by way of greeting Chulane, a quiet chime of a laugh leaving her as she recalls their first meeting when she’d had wine while he’d drank water. Nevertheless, she was excited to see what sort of games people would suggest, having not actually been a part of a party that involved much of it.
what a shame we gotta pay for reality
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
KORBIN
at least I know how I can make you
laugh like no one else
He was there to work. Let the record show that he arrived with every intention of not participating in the game. For a variety of reasons, really, but the biggest one was that someone needed to be sober and keep the fires burning. And possibly Korbin also didn't want to ruin the fun for the others by joining when he would only make things very awkward.

Still, he did show up and settled in behind the bar with Weaver, ready to pour drinks to everyone else. He hadn't really told anyone except his sister that his hearing was back, and with a quick wink and quick sly smile at her he hoped she wouldn't tell people.

Korbin wanted to see how long it took them to figure it out. And also what they might say when they thought he couldn't hear them.
Oh I'm such a mess
But at least I've always been myself
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Although Loren normally avoided both parties and alcohol when he could, there really wasn't much else to do at the moment. So, bundled up against a cold he didn't really feel, he made his way towards the Kraai. Astra had bleated a farewell, not interested in moving from her spot by the fire.

It didn't take long for him to arrive. Entering the tavern, he stamped the snow off his boots and started pulling off the many layers he wore. Grinning and nodding in greeting at everyone inside, he glanced at Korbin. Hey there. Need me to translate?

Making his way towards Weaver, he leaned on the bar across from her. Looking around at the room, he smirked. "I see some drinking, but not nearly enough games." He rubbed his hands together in anticipation.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
Noah, so unassuming and usually caught up in his own goings-on, was oblivious to the planned games ahead. He had been told, but in the swirl of his own thoughts and concerns, it was lost on him. His intentions for going to the Kraai were to get out of his house, even though the trek to the bar was so damn cold, and to take Weaver up on the free drinks she offered him for helping her bring in luxere for her quest to Ludo. As he stepped through the doors, preparing himself for being inside rather than out, and made his way to the bar, he was not surprised to see that quite a few had gathered here. It was much better than the other bar they had, where he and Weaver and other Halovians had gathered for so many years. Fortunately, that bar still held the old, grumpy folk. The Kraai was warm and inviting and fun, and grumpy old men did not want any part of that.

Striding over to the bar, Noah made sure to let his face relax as well as his shoulders. He did not need to bring his problems here, especially in the presence of so many people. He finally stopped, near Loren, and took a seat on a stool. He nodded to the healer, and to Weaver, as a smile curled up his lips and wrinkled his face some. The last time he had smiled had been in the presence of these people. Left to his house, and Delphine, his face had rested as icy cold as the icicles that formed on the corners of his house everyday that needed to be knocked down. As he leaned forward, elbows resting on the bar, he looked at the array of options Weaver had for consumption. "Whatever we do, I want to be drinking your best." He gave her a small wink, and a small chuckle even followed.

feel defiance burning through my teeth
it's not enough to drag this blade across the day
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind
More people come to join them, the bar beginning to fill up. There are her favorite people, of course, and then everyone else. Kiada arrives with a smile, particularly directed at Chuy. Weaver doesn’t quite know what’s happening there, but she watches them for a moment with interest, until Korbin comes to slide behind the bar with her. She catches his wink, understanding the meaning. She nods back slightly, a sly smile on her face. Well, this should be fun. Weaver pulls out a copy of the menu they had been working on, pointing at The Gutpunch and then at the shot glasses that were out. Clear enough. Let’s get the party started.

Before she can get to making the drinks, Loren arrives, leaning on the bar in front of her. She grins, pushing herself up slightly so she can lean across the bar and kiss his cheek, before dropping back to her feet. ”You provide the games, I provide the booze. And you aren’t even drinking yet. What’ll it be?” After her plan, of course, but she’d get them all something other than a drink called The Gutpunch. Noah comes in as well, and she gives him a smile as he asks for her best. ”I got you covered, don’t worry.”

She turns to help Korbin with the shots, pouring enough of the ridiculous concoction of booze for all of them. Rum, vodka, tequila, gin, some lime and sugar. It is exactly what the name suggests. ”I do not see nearly enough drinking, or games. So let’s fix at least one of them,” she says loudly enough to be heard, beginning to distribute the shots to everyone gathered. She takes one for herself, and makes sure Korbin has one as well, lifting the shot up. ”To getting really drunk,” she says with a wicked grin, before downing the shot. She slams the little glass back down on the bar. ”Now someone pick a game.”

With that, she sets to work with Korbin, pouring drinks. Whiskey neat for Noah. A chocolate peppermint martini for Kiada (she doesn’t need to ask, Weaver just makes it). Whatever Loren and Chuy request.
Weaver
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
KORBIN
laugh like no one else
Well, count on Loren to make this unpleasant right from the start. Korbin flinched when the man's voice sounded in his head, hackles rising right away - it was only lucky that he couldn't send any emotions across, because that might have started up another one of their less than happy 'discussions'. Korbin shook his head in rejection of the offer - he did not need translations of a drinking game - and turned away with a roll of the eyes as Weaver leaned in to greet the guy.

Alright. Maybe he should be drunk for this after all. It might make the whole thing less irksome (though he doubted it).

He turned his attention to the work, bent on treating this as any other night. Measuring up drinks, his hands moved easily over the bottles, tossing and twirling them between long fingers like they were jugglers toys. Not to show off, but because it actually went quicker that way. And because it made things less tedious.

With Weaver's help it was quick work, and with his own drink in hand, Korbin leaned back, set on simply observing while everyone else made a fool of themselves. There were benefits to supposedly being deaf; it was highly unlikely that anyone would try to strike up conversation with him.

Just how he liked things.
Oh I'm such a mess
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

It was awesome that people actually came. I didn't need the buzz from alcohol to feel a simple happiness that came from friends arriving, from spending time with people who weren't my landlord, or the cook. I hoped that those who were attending got the same simple pleasure, that they would participate and enjoy their time letting the alcohol soak in, soften and heighten the good feels.

"Whatever you're serving," I say to Weaver as she asks after a drink, before my attention is snagged by the arrival of another, winks and smirks and all. "Kia, glad you could come!" I say with genuine joy, extending a long arm to gently embrace her shoulders in greeting, resisting the urge to press a kiss against her forehead - the crush I had on her was developing into something more real within me every day, but the old-fashioned Earth-boy within me was still too shy, too bashful and afraid of public rejection to begin with open public displays of affection.

"I don't usually, no," I conceded, before reaching back to grab the shot that Weaver had poured, handing one to Kia as well. "But, drinking games usually require drinking." I raise my glass to her, before downing the shot, and realising with sudden clarity why it was called The Gutpunch. I take a deep gasp for air as I put the empty glass down, smiling broadly. God damn, but alcohol was a bitch sometimes.

"First game!" I announce after Weaver's words. "It's a pretty simple one - count to 21, everyone counting up one number at a time. If you hesitate, you drink! If you miss a number, you drink! If you are the person to say 21, you drink!" I grab a glass of cider, something still alcoholic but a bit softer than the shots, before deciding to get the game rolling. "ONE!" I shout with a laugh, before pointing randomly across the room for the next person to count.

--

Ayeee thank you so much everyone for posting <333
Post order is a lie! Go nuts!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
After Korbin shook his head at Loren's offer, he ignored his assistant, as the Grand Healer had taken to doing outside of work. Kissing Weaver's cheek as well, perhaps lingering a moment too long, he leaned his elbows on the bar. "I'll just take wine." Grinning apologetically, he shrugged.

Taking his glass, he turned to face Chulane as the other man suggested a game. The Launceleyn grinned. "I know this one, but a variant of it, apparently. In that version, whoever said twenty-one got to make a new rule for one of the other numbers, and the first rule were that seven and fourteen were swapped. Oh, and if someone said the wrong number, they had to drink." He looked around at the group. "How does that sound?"

However, regardless of their response he raised his own glass. "Two!" Sipping, he grinned at the room, wondering who'd take up the next number
what goes, let go
LOREN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
the harpy
She spies Korbin as he enters, flashing him a small grin in greeting, before Chulane’s voice resonates within her, and her iceberg gaze lands back on the other Outlander, sneaking in beneath the arm extended and offering him a light hug in response, not doing anything at all to slip away from the embrace nor the kiss on her forehead. Instead, she squeezes him lightly, keeping an arm around him before her gaze flickers to the shot that he offers, a chime of laughter slipping from her throat. “Ah, so this should certainly be fun then?” She looks up at him, a wicked gleam to her eyes, an elbow nudged out to his side before she’s downing the shot as well.

And she swallows it down hard, goosebumps rising along her skin with the burn that arrives. She shakes her head, looking over to the rest of the crowd – spotting Loren and a few others she doesn’t recognize. Chuy’s voice booms a one, followed by Loren with a two, and she grabs her own bottle of something sweet before toasting it into the air with that very same grin. “Three!” She calls out, before she lifts her head to focus on Chuy again, sidling a bit closer.

You know, I’ve never played any drinking games before.” She informs him, laughing lightly at the thought of it. One would think she would have, but no – too used to drinking to avoid something or simply out of boredom when it came to here in Halo. A game had never even crossed her mind.
what a shame we gotta pay for reality
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

'Four!' I heard someone elsewhere in the bar shout, and promptly voiced "Five!" with a wide smile. As Kia pressed closer to me, I gave a squeeze to her shoulder, hoping to her assure her that her nearness was always wanted, always welcome. I try to push my thoughts her way, my emotions, but it would seem the attuned bond within me is not yet refined enough to work while I hold only my human form. My smile never wavers however, and I laugh along with her chiming giggle.

"Small rural towns can get lonely," I say with an easy shrug, taking a sip of the cider, feeling the shot from before warm my cheeks with a flush. "Sometimes an easy way to remind yourself you're not alone is to collectively shout numbers at each other across a room, drink in hand." I shrug, but I was happy, pleased that so many had come out to join in the togetherness, even if it was to just drunkenly shout numbers at each other.

It was easy to lose track of the rest of the room, to focus only on the pale blue depths of Kia's eyes, to just be here, with her, here and now.
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
KORBIN
laugh like no one else
Alright, and immediately the downside to his little game of deception made itself clear. Even if Korbin wanted to, he couldn't join in with the game. Because he wasn't supposed to hear anything. Sighing to himself, he downed his one drink and set the glass aside, and took to watching the people of the room. Loren and Weaver looked sticky and he quickly turned his eyes away quickly, not interested in watching his sister.

Dark blue eyes turned to Kiada instead, but apparently, she had been lucky with more guys than himself. The interest he'd seen in Chulane before regarding the woman seemed to be returned, and he found conflicting emotions within himself as he regarded the two. Relief, on one hand - he wouldn't be required to sort out any feelings when it came to the slender brunette - and perhaps a touch of regret.

Korbin sighed to himself, and as the game started up, he turned away from it all. With the one shot to warm his gut, he started preparing more drinks and snacks for the guests. Thin slices of smoked and cured luxere and ursur meat, pickled fruits, and whatever else Weaver had ordered in before the season turned. It gave him something to do, and let him at least pretend that he was enjoying himself.

"Six," he muttered under breath, fairly sure no one would hear him; the raven took a wicked delight in ruining the game for the others, even if no one would know but him.
Oh I'm such a mess
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH
set a fire for tomorrow
set it to your woes
The room erupts with fun and games and drinks, but Noah keeps his spot at the bar. His held his glass of whiskey with a thumb and forefinger, rolling the liquid around some as he moved his glass in a circle on the bar. His face is relaxed and warm, but he is quiet as he observes the game unfold around him. This setting, this circumstance, seemed so much more appropriate for his little brother to be sitting in than him. But Ezekiel was not here, so Noah sat in for him. It panged his heart as he thought of his brother and how much he would love to be sitting here, drinking and yelling and fooling around with the crowd in the Kraai. He took a drink of his whisky, letting his eyes roam around the room.

Noah understood the game, and his lack of participation up until this point was intentional. He was taking in the information of those around him. The way Weaver and Loren looked at each other, the way the unknown newcomers (read: Chulane and Kiada) made themselves so comfortable in the warmth of the Kraai, the way other hunters and citizens joined in, how Korbin stayed behind the bar and continued to make drinks. And how Korbin mouthed a word. "Seven!" Noah suddenly burst, a smile cracking his face wide open and wrinkling his icy eyes. Noah was an observant man, needing to be by trade.

He lifted his whisky glass slightly towards Korbin, and took a sip of it even though the game did not call for him to do so.

feel defiance burning through my teeth
it's not enough to drag this blade across the day