almost like a prophecy
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
Frustration was etched on Alina's brow. Although her scowl was fairly typical for the Fae, today it seemed deeper, somehow. She hovered a safe distance above the beautiful hues below, out of reach of any of the geysers that went off.

However, she wasn't here for the view or for the admittedly pretty waterworks. Instead, she scanned the ground below for any sign of someone she could strike a deal with. As she flew up and down the stretch of land the locals called the Rainbow Road, her hands gripped her spear tightly enough that she was white-knuckled. All in all, she looked tightly coiled, ready to explode at the slightest provocation.
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

You are here for the view of the admittedly pretty waterworks. Well, that and to check on some old tunnel entrances, but what interlopers don't know can't hurt them. Besides, your work is done and the findings predictably frustrating: it's going go take going through the Fingers to make your tunnels make sense again.

Work done, you now play. You've got a collection of nice rocks sitting on the shore beside you, most smooth and black but some in bright colors. You've got a knack for finding stones and making them into something that could be roughly considered art, and that's what you're doing: whittling down a rough grey stone into a shape that resembles a shark, your lips pursed in the whistling of a shanty tune, aware of the fae but making no effort to acknowledge her- for now.
Zephyr
you can be the ripest, juciest peach in the world
and there's still going to be someone who hates peaches
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
we name it “wild”
The man below her was the only other person in sight. For a moment, Alina just flew above him, torn between wanting to avoid outsiders and the task she'd been dragging her heels on for Safrin. Finally, with a scowl, she descended until she was hovering just above the ground, a safe distance away from him.

For a moment, she just glared. When she finally did speak, it was with a great deal of reluctance. "I need a favor." The words came out through gritted teeth, and her posture was screaming that she'd rather be doing and saying literally anything else right now.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Well, that was sudden. You look up as the buzz of wings grows just a little closer, the voice accompanying them as tightly drawn as a bowstring. You haven't seen any Fae be told, truth be told, and now that she's close (and speaking) you're a little bit fascinated. She's a small little thing, and how those wings hold her up is beyond you, let alone how she keeps from being tossed about by the sea breeze.

"An' I need a cold drink an' a warm body." Y'know, while we're listing wishes. "Reckon y'ain't from 'round here, but generally favors are exchanged, not demanded."
Zephyr
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
At the mention of the man's desires, Alina's lips twisted with distaste. "I hope you're not expecting me to provide those for you." The words came out in a tone that bordered on disgusted.

Narrowing her eyes, she nodded, just once, the motion jerky. "I am aware." Scowling, she began flying back and forth, the aerial equivalent of pacing.

"I would like to acquire hair or nails from an Accepted and an Ascended." She paused to let that fact sink in, turning to face him again. "Can you help me with that, and what would it cost me?" Falling silent, it was all she could do not to glare at him.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

"Didn' ask ya to." Man, what a rude little fairy bitch she's turning out to be. Three minutes in and this is already one of the strangest encounters you've ever had - and that's saying quite a bit, coming from you. Your almond eyes track her as she sky-paces, wondering what it would be like to fly. You definitely would't spend your time being an angry shit if you had wings, you think to yourself idly.

"You want... hair or nails," you repeat slowly, blinking in somewhat bewildered surprise. There's no way you heard that right, because seriously, what the fuck? "An' y'thought the best way t'go about it was... demandin' help from a fella' just out, enjoyin' the beach?" If you sound incredulous it's because you are- this is the dumbest shit you've ever heard. That, or the bravest. You aren't quite sure.
Zephyr
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Narrowing her eyes at him, Alina's nostrils flared. However, she didn't respond to his words. Instead, she just paced aerially a little faster.

Nodding at his question, she tightened her grip on her spear. Taking a deep breath, she tried to speak in as civil a tone as she could muster. Unfortunately, she was far from successful, the words coming out short and clipped. "Are you going to help me or not? In exchange for an appropriate favor?"

Her impatience was showing, and her wings fanned in a clear sign of her agitation. This wasn't something she was enjoying either, and the sooner it was over, one way or another, the better.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

The sheer level of indignation the little woman seems to possess is honestly impressive; you'd laugh if you weren't so damn bewildered by the whole bizarre encounter. And the strangest part is that she still seems to think you'll help her with the collection of rejected human body parts. It's mystifying. You can't wait to see where it leads.

"I give - or find - a fingernail for ya, an' ya use it to... what? Do some fairy ritual? Decorate a handbag?" Shoulders rise and fall in a helpless shrug. "Seems awful dangerous, givin' out body parts t'anyone who asks. Usually a girl's got the decency t'buy me dinner first, before askin' for my body. I don' even know yer name."
Zephyr
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Narrowing her eyes, Alina scoffed at the man. "Does it look like I decorate handbags?" The words came out more than a bit incredulously.

Pressing her lips together, she scowled. However, she'd come to a stop, and lighted on the ground. "I will get you a cold drink and a dinner if that gets me what I want." Rolling her eyes at all his words, she planted the butt of her spear on the ground.

Gods, she hated outsiders and their constant need to have everything explained to them in minute detail. "My name is Alina. I will use the parts to help protect the Greatwood. It's for a task that Safrin set to me. And if you know anything about the Fae, you'll know I'm telling the truth."

She raised her eyebrows. "Now that I've answered your questions, will you answer mine? Are you going to help me or not?"
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

She doesn't really seem to get the point- or maybe you're the one who's not getting it, because what's mistifyingly confusing to you is apparently very black and white to her. Though you very much doubt she would be particularly receptive, if you appeared on her beach and demanded some hair.

"Protect the Greatwood, eh? From what?" This all feels very Big And Far Away to you, and you're always leery about involving yourself with god business. As for knowing things about the Fae... "Fraid you're the first of your kind I've met," you admit with an easy shrug. "An' I still don't really understand what any'a this has t'do with me, or why I oughta care- no offence."
Zephyr
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Gritting her teeth, Alina tightened her grip on her spear until her knuckles were white. "From those who would do it harm." Pressing her lips together, she kicked at the ground. "As for my people, the most important thing you should know is that we cannot tell a lie." It was common knowledge in Caido, so perhaps this stranger was an Outlander.

Growling in annoyance, she shrugged. "Look, and I can't believe I have to ask this question again, but do you want a favor from me or not? Because if not, I'm going to go find someone who does. Your loss." She would complete her task with or without him.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

Being unable to lie sounds like a lie that a liar might tell, and with no way to verify this statement and a long life of misdeeds behind you... well, who could blame you for taking that assertion with a grain of salt? "An y'all live in a great wood, y'said? An' fly? There a lotta you?" Your genuine curiosity is mixing with your desire to fuck with and irritate the bothersome flying woman; at this point your ability to effortlessly vex her is swift becoming a point of pride.

She seems exceedingly serious in this offer of a favor, and while you would love to maintain the ribbing, there's an opportunity to be grabbed. Straightening up and adopting your serious Zeph expression (not much different, to be frank), you fix her with sharp, almond-shaped eyes. "Aite. Tell ya what. How 'bout a trade?"
Zephyr
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Sighing as the man started barraging her with questions, Alina gave him an annoyed look. Then she took a deep breath. "I will answer whatever questions you might have about the Fae. But first, I'd like you to answer one of mine in exchange. What race are you?" If she was wasting her time here, she wanted to know now.

When he mentioned the possibility of a trade, she narrowed her eyes slightly. "Depends on the trade. I'm listening." Now that he was finally getting to the point of her visit, she came entirely alert. There was a watchful patience about her now, all traces of annoyance gone now that she was close to her goal.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:

You strongly consider not telling her your race - or lying about it - but in the end decide it's in your interest to keep her on the hook. "The borin' one. Accepted." The one you need, you tiny snarky bitch.

Business and trade- now you feel comfortable, back in your element and on your feet.  Casually thoughtful, you rub a hand over your salt and pepper scruff. "Well, some'a my friends, they're collectors. Awful fond'a things from differen' parts'a Caido, an' it ain't often we come by things from yer neck'a th'woods." Get it? Woods?

You pick up one of the smoother stones, flipping it between your fingers like a coin. "So yeah- you get me somethin' nice from yer homeland - a weapon, or clothes, or art or somethin' - an' I'll get ya a whole locka' hair. Heck, I'll even letcha shave my head. Been needin' a cut anyway."
Zephyr