the beginning of the end
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NEPHELE
This feels like the best place to meet. The most appropriate considering what they must speak about. Dark, yawning voids, made all the more imposing due to the long shadows of Deepfrost. Silent and avoided by many, awarding privacy that few other places would.

Nephele floats above the Drop, wings humming softly as she stares down into the pit, wrapped in Ludo's rags and with her chakrams around her wrists in a fashionable twist on jewelry. Only appearing truly deadly when eyes linger and discern their flamelike edges.

She awaits the arrival of Alina, having sent a messenger bird and enclosed a small, private message. One that had been mimicked by a folded-over note with Alina's name on the Notice Board. Vague and innocent for any prying eyes, but at least the Village is safer than the boards of any of the human lands. Surely she strikes an odd figure - petite, pale beneath Ludo's oppressively dark rags, solemn but with fire in her gaze. The two have never met before, but Nephele does not intend to let that stop her.
Someone is learning the colors
of all your moods
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
To say that Alina had been surprised to receive a note from her fellow Fae would be an understatement. The huntress was used to seeking out others, not the other way around. Still, she after receiving the notes, she found her curiousity piqued.

Heading towards the Drop at the appropriate time, she scoped out the situation from afar at first. Only when she had determined that all seemed safe, albeit not well, did she approach. "You asked for me, sister?" Her voice rang out, and she gave Nephele a challenging and considering look.

However, it grew concerned as Alina took in the other woman's state. "What troubles you?" The huntress' grip on her spear tightened, and her eyes flashed as if she could strike down whatever had hurt her kin.
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
NEPHELE
The other Fae's presence is unmistakable, and a part of Nephele relaxes the tight grip on her insides as the warrior scouts the area first. She has yet to meet Alina intimately, and while she wouldn't question Ludo's choice, it's comforting to see that already she is proving herself to be a careful and protective type. Perhaps she will be more fitting in replacing Delah than Nephele was prepared for. It makes it all the easier to ignore the challenging aspect of the woman's voice as it rings clear and unimpeded in the air between them. Breast alight with mixed sensations of appreciative warmth and grieving chill at the title attached to the inquiry. But she is doing this to make Eriadne proud. There is nothing to lose and so much to gain.

"I did," she assures, voice clear and bell-like as her copper tinged wings flutter at her spine. The protectiveness - vague, not centered around Nephele as a person but appreciated all the same - is settled with a small gesture of her hand as she flies closer. Visage still solemn and darkened, Ludo's rags drifting about her form. "Delah is dead," she starts with, if only because it is the most important piece of information. "Ludo itself has told me. Our people are scattered, frightened. Many lay dead at the hands of the Ascended." Her hands shake with rage, the grey light above glinting off the weapons around her wrists. "We have one chance, in the wake of our chief's demise, to fix things. Ludo has named you as the best successor." Hazel gaze bright and piercing, letting the axe fall immediately. There is no time to coddle or mince words, not when they have much to speak about.
of all your moods
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
we name it “wild”
Whatever Alina had been expecting to hear, it certainly wasn't what Nephele said. The huntress rocked back as if slapped, actually flying backwards a little in shock. "What?" There was no doubt it was the truth, and her expression grew equally grief-stricken and furious. "How? Who is responsible?" Her grip on her spear grew white-knuckled.

When the other woman went on, though, Alina's eyes widened in surprise. Though it wasn't Nephele's fault, she kept dropping these pieces of information that rocked the huntress' world. Taking a deep and steadying breath, Alina's expression grew steely and resolved. "If Ludo said that, I will do my best to prove myself worthy of It, and of our people."

Then she gave the other Fae a firm look. "But you're right. Our people are fragmented, and will need to be strengthened to face the Ascended, and all the other threats to the Greatwood." The huntress let go of her spear with one hand and held it out for Nephele. "Will you help me in this, sister? Be one of our champions, our guardians."
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
NEPHELE
Alina's reaction is expected, if only because after departing from Ludo's side, Nephele had felt the same emotions keenly. She had been present at Delah's side during many of the initial encounters with the Grounds humans, had been fiercely proud of the stalwart strength of their Chief. With this in mind, her intense visage softens at the edges, allowing Alina her time to process - what little of it Nephele can afford her, with all she must say and do. "It didn't say, and I am still attempting to find out." Remorse tinges each word, wishing she had something more to give the huntress. Something more tangible, something that will slake the thirst for revenge that she feels eternally in her own throat these days.

At least she does not retreat away from the idea, though for a moment Nephele's heart goes still with dread as Alina recoils from the second blow of news. Instead blooming with pride and a severity that cuts through her pretty face, pleased to see the fierce woman take so solidly to the role in the face of adversity. Flying closer so that she may extend a hand, chakram glinting with cruel intent as their hands clasp firmly. "You have my mind and my steel at your disposal," she vows, hazel eyes bright and delicate hand unyielding. "But I will warn you, I have my own mission from Ludo. I intend to destroy the Ascended, no matter the personal cost. I will not ask you or our people to join me in this crusade, but I'm aware the connections between us may force your hand." Nephele can at least warn Alina of her plans, out of respect for the weight that has now come to rest upon the other Fae's shoulders. But she will not be dissuaded from her goal.
of all your moods
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Alina didn't take long to grieve. As always, she was a woman of action, focused on moving forward. Narrowing her eyes slightly, she scowled as Nephele revealed Ludo hadn't mentioned how Delah had died. "I'll look into it." It was both a promise and a threat.

First gripping the other woman's hand firmly, Alina moved to clasp Nephele's wrist, careful to stay out of the way of the chakrams. At the mention of the other Fae's mission, the huntress grinned fiercely and triumphantly. "You will have me at your side. I too have a crusade against the Ascended, and my own task from Safrin to keep them, and anyone else who means to harm us, out oft the Greatwood."
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
NEPHELE
Nephele tilts her head in deference to the declaration of ownership of that particular investigation. It's admittedly a weight off her to know someone else can take on the mantle of revenge for their Chief. She has far too many plans and machinations going on in her own mind. This, at least, she can entrust fully to Alina. "Thank you. If you need assistance, let me know." She can at least spare some time when needed, if it means supporting their new Chief-to-be.

Her smile, sharp as the blades that hang against her forearms, relaxes with fondness as Alina moves to grasp her small wrist in succession. It is a sisterly closeness she has been missing from her life for some time now. Kinship and affinity that they will need in the coming months. Already she is coming to like Alina on her own merit, Ludo's recommendation aside. If she intends to join in her crusade, her genocide, then Nephele will welcome her with open arms. "Then let us begin. I know of only one Ascended by face, do you know of any others?" Together they will save their people, avenge their losses. Nephele is sure of it. This is merely the first step.
of all your moods
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
As Nephele offered her assistance finding out what happened to Delah, Alina nodded. "Thank you. I will let you know if I need your help." After her initial shock and dismay had worn off, her voice and demeanor had grown brisk and businesslike.

Shaking her head at her fellow Fae's question, the huntress released the other woman. "Not by face. But I know of those with more knowledge of the outside world, who might be able to help us fight the good fight." Alina, a martial member of a warlike people, was not at all bothered by the idea of wiping the Ascended from the map. Indeed, her smile had a few too many teeth in it as she considered the possibility.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
NEPHELE
Nephele gracefully nods her assent, reluctant to part their hands but quieting the urge for skinship and sisterhood that gnaws at her lonely insides. There is no time for it, not when her course has been so firmly altered to the path of vengeance. She is merely a spearhead for her people, an explosive bomb not meant to be walked away from. Getting attached is not in the cards when her own death is inevitable.

"If you can guide me to them, I will begin the hunt. Any ally will be added strength to our cause. In this way, we may have to concede that the humans should be our equals. Concessions must be made, and they are a loyal, foolish bunch." If Nephele can inspire loyalty in them for the Fae...perhaps it will be beneficial.
of all your moods
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Alina's mouth twisted in distaste. However, she slowly nodded at Nephele's words. "Perhaps you are right." Then the huntress' expression tightened. "They may be our allies in this fight. But they will never be our kin." It was a declaration that she wholeheartedly believed in

Reaching out with her free hand, she clasped the other woman on the shoulder. "Seek out Amalia Chandrakant, the Shield of Safrin, Ronin Taliesin, the Dark Star, Phoebe Steadman, a friend of Frey, and Jigano Silversmith, the Sage." She paused to let those names sink in. "I don't know them personally, but surely the followers of the old gods would be willing to help us in our crusade." And if not, well, the Fae were used to standing alone against the world.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
NEPHELE
"Precisely," she agrees simply. Though she's somewhere in the middle of the range when it comes to how she feels towards humans, Nephele sees no point in curbing Alina's opinion in any way. Happy to be the advocate for that particular portion of the ruling cabinet, whoever Alina ends up choosing.

The touch on her shoulder redirects her focus, sharp hazel eyes locked with Alina's, committing every name to memory with the fervency she had once displayed over ancient tomes. "Consider it done," she vows, quiet but firm. "We will need some sort of headquarters, a place for our people and any outsiders to find you for political problems. Nothing in the Village currently suffices." Delah had never created one, but then again she'd been even more stalwart about locking down the Greatwood against outsiders. "And if you have ideas for those you'd seek to promote beneath you, we must contact them swiftly."
of all your moods
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Again, the mention of a place where the outsiders could meet them caused Alina to grimace. "Perhaps we can set up separate headquarters. Once for any gatherings for the Fae and anyone else we've deemed worthy of entering our Village, and one that anyone can visit." Her brow furrowed both thoughtfully and in annoyance. "What about an outpost at the Sea of Branches?" It was about as far as she was willing to compromise.

Nodding, she lowered her hand from Nephele's shoulder. "I will seek out those we can trust." It was a short list, the downside of the huntress' solitary lifestyle and lone wolf tendencies.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
NEPHELE
A flitting, sardonic smile twists at her lips at Alina's grimace. Something understanding in the shadow of the dimple that appears at her cheek. "I think that is a good compromise. I would be happy to handle negotiations when needed, as well." Hoping the deference in her tone and the twinkle of amusement in her eyes will keep Alina from feeling as if Nephele is encroaching on her territory. Nephele has no desire to lead, to rule. But if Alina dislikes speaking with the humans, at least she can ease that burden away. "The Branches would be suitable, and would encourage trade beyond the Wishing Wagon as well." There is little the forest does not provide them, but the engineer in her heart that has now been abandoned yearns for more. For magic and human ingenuity. And of course, their own willingness to trade is merely a step in the right direction of endearing them to the humans.

Not wanting to assume that "champion" means anything official, Nephele merely tilts her head in deference, trusting that Alina - with her stricter requirements and fierce disposition - will find suitable candidates for their new ruling class. "I trust you will share our goal as you see fit." To ensure that only those just as willing to destroy the Ascended join their ranks.
of all your moods
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Thankfully, Nephele agreed with Alina's suggestion. Grinning fiercely, she nodded at the other woman. "Thank you. I will almost certainly take you up on that." The huntress wasn't above accepting help, or admitting that her strengths didn't lay in diplomacy. Indeed, she didn't mind in the slightest; part of what made the Fae great is that they supported each other, worked together.

Or at least they had, once upon a time.

Humming thoughtfully, she finally shrugged. "I don't care about trade, since I'm not sure what the outsiders could possibly give us that would help. Besides assistance in our task." She held up her free hand to forestall Nephele's response. "I am willing to hear you out about the merits of it, though." Alina could be reasonable. She just wasn't, most of the time.

"I will. And I trust you too." Once again, she clasped the other woman's shoulder. "We are in this together." Despite their loss, Delah's death, the huntress sounded proud of how they were coming together in the face of the tragedy.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!