the beginning of the end
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NEPHELE
"However I can help," she laughs softly as the words tumble free of her mouth, both sincere and teasing. Nephele has spent most of her years buried in tomes and toiling away at old manuscripts. Words, if nothing else, are her specialty. Though she is certainly not the softest or fairest of voice and temperament in their Village, at least she can be Alina's buffer in that manner.

"There is little the forest does not provide," she agrees with the same deep, warm pride that always suffuses her vocals when speaking of their home. "But it is the meaning of the act, not the items themselves, that will help us win their hearts. And their hearts are the key to their swords." That, at least, Nephele is sure of after seasons of exploring the Grounds. Humans are emotional creatures, and she is not so kind as to ignore that particular advantage. "They are like wolves, ready to kill and die for their pack. We must simply be the changeling in their dens." Her lips stretch into a dark, amused smirk. 'Changeling' had been used so negatively in the past, before the Fae had been cut off from the world. It is meant quite literally now, and Nephele has just the person in mind for that particular role of endearing the Fae to the humans.

Her hand lifts to lay overtop Alina's on her shoulder, tilting her head to rest her cheek upon the layered palms as if to take strength from the touch alone. Yes, this is the road she was meant to walk. No matter how agonizing the path that had taken her to this point. "Together. I will be with you every moment of the journey, and our people will rally behind you. Of that I am sure." The highest possible praise she can offer. Delah's unification of their Village will surely be a pale comparison to what the two of them will achieve.
Someone is learning the colors
of all your moods
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
Alina's expression was still both doubtful and unhappy as Nephele explained the benefits of trade. "I am still not sure the benefits outweigh the costs." Then the huntress took a deep breath. "But as much as it pains me to admit it, I'm equally not sure we have a choice."

Grinning fiercely as the other woman rested her hand and then her cheek upon Alina's, she kept it there. "Us. They will rally behind us." Of that, she had no doubt.

Eyes narrowing, she finally released Nephele. "But we must prove our worth to them. Come, sister. We have work to do." With that, the huntress turned to begin flying back towards the Village like an arrow that had been loosed from a bow.
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
NEPHELE
"Yes, that is the conclusion I've come to as well." Understanding how hard it is to welcome then more fully within their borders, to team up with them for any kind of cause. But Nephele has her orders, and this is the best course of action she can see for her kin.

A slight flush drapes over her pale cheeks at the ferocity of Alina's statement, Nephele nevertheless cannot stop the vicious smile that comes to her mouth at the inclusion. Reluctantly parting, readjusting her weapons and Ludo's pitch rags as she refocuses on the goal ahead. "Lead the way."

- FIN
Someone is learning the colors
of all your moods