it's exactly what it looks like
Kiada
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Don't put your happiness in other people's hands
Another day was drawing to a close. Sunlight faded quickly and the temperatures plummeted. A storm had been brewing on the horizon throughout the day, looking as though it might strike the Citadel during the night, and it was everything they didn't need at the moment. Korbin was making the last round, to tell workers to put down their tools and head for shelter, ensure that everyone really actually had someplace to stay, and as he passed by, he made sure to pick up things that needed delivering to the Academy anyway. It was his last stop before he too had to withdraw.

He looked a bit like a door salesman when he turned his back to push open the big front doors of the Academy with a shoulder. In his arms, he balanced a pile of folded blankets, a crate of food supplies and spare crockery, and from each arm hung a basket of firewood. It was just as heavy as it looked, and he staggered under the weight of it as he struggled with the door, over careful as he really didn't want to drop anything.

It didn't help that he was bone weary, frost-bitten in face and hands, and hadn't slept more than a few hours here and there since the attack. Korbin had lost count of the days. Was it one, or three nights ago now? Time was a blur, and he couldn't be bothered to keep track.
They'll drop it
KORBIN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
ok, ok, i never had wings, only feathers
& i cried like a baby when they left me
She’s tired too. A nonstop effect of continuing to go and go and go, ensuring the needs of the Grounders are taken care of, quietly cursing the fact that she was the only one given the instruction of helping keep an eye on them. And now she was here, trying to help them heal, ensure their safety come LongNight because nothing really seemed sacred anymore. Nothing seemed safe anymore.

Maybe LongNight monsters wouldn’t make it here, but something else? Something more?

She’s almost half asleep between ensuring the Grounders who wished to remain here were taken care of, taking older blankets and moving them into a pile so they can be washed, when the door opens. She doesn’t check who it is at first, too caught up in tossing the blanket into a heap with the others. And then she turns around, spots Korbin with an arm full of fresh blankets, and shadowed icy eyes soften a small amount as she moves toward him to help alleviate the load.

Thank you.” She says quietly, tone weary, body protesting again and again. But it has to be done.
& i bled every time somebody touched me
ok, ok, i wasn't beautiful, not even in golden light
does it really matter, anyway?
we all get swallowed eventually
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
He breathed a sigh of relief when Kiada came to save him. Without the crate and the blankets, he could set down the firewood, and smiled when others came to immediately snatch it away, to where it would be added in with other stores. Always dwindling, never quite enough; that would be the real problem, he thought. To make sure the fires stayed lit. Perhaps these people wouldn't laugh at their one, standing law if they all made it through this season.

"Not a problem," he said lightly and stretched out sore muscles. It was a blessing to be indoors, even if it was just for a moment. Pulling off his hat and gloves, Korbin turned more fully towards Kiada, and looked her over. She seemed as exhausted as he felt.

"How are you holding up?" he asked, voice softening as he gave her a half smile. It was a little bit awkward to face her. Not so much because of that one night they'd shared, but rather because it really was all there was between them. He still didn't know anything about her... aside from how she clearly fancied Chulane's advances.

Still. He would be a liar if he pretended he didn't care about her welfare, at least a little bit.
They'll drop it
KORBIN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
She takes the items from him, goes and moves the blankets over to the good pile that they’ve drawn from, before she moves back over to Korbin and scans him quickly. A small nod is given in response to the initial you’re welcome, before she's puffing her cheeks out a small amount at the second question. The half smile is nice, and she adds one to her own face as if a quiet huff of laughter plans to slip from her throat.

As well as any of the rest of them. You?” She shrugs, glancing over to the rest of the Grounders before she focuses on Korbin again and waiting for the answer before she continues on. “You know, I wanted to come find you and kick your ass but I think this probably is good enough for the both of us.” A light chime of exhausted laughter slips from her throat and she levels her gaze on him, lips edging toward a smirk through without much mirth to it.

She’s fucking tired honestly, but she does what they all do. Keep going on.
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
Korbin huffed a quiet chuckle in return, and threw a glance around the main foyer. There were many rooms in the building, but most of them had been made into temporary housing for all the refugees, Grounders and Halovians alike that were displaced and couldn't fit into the Kraai. This room, with its large open space, seemed to have been made into a communal area. People sat talking quietly in small groups, parents entertaining their children while mending clothes, swapping news and exchanging tales both happy and sad. He felt the eyes of many on him, and assumed they would pester Kiada for more information as soon as he had left.

"Good enough for now, in other words," he summarized, with a clear understanding that this situation wouldn't be sustainable for too long. "Me? Aside from being run ragged by my sister, I'm fine. I got luckier than most." Korbin still had his family, his close friends, and his house was intact. The Kraai was intact. His personal losses were minimal, which perhaps explained why he was able to take up the heavy burdens of a new job - Overseer, no less - with such ease.

Focusing back on Kiada, he tilted the head curiously as she went on. "Oh? What did I do to earn an ass kicking? Any other day, I might have taken you up on that." His grin was lopsided; tired or not, it was still nice to hear her laugh. Actually hear it, you know, because last time he hadn't been able to hear her voice at all.

It made him think that maybe she would make a good singer after all.
They'll drop it
KORBIN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
She effectively ignores any eyes that might be on them, shifting in her step to better hide any lip readers among the group, focusing on him when he responds. Another nod is given as she pulls her braid over her shoulder again, tucking the stray pieces that have fallen out behind her ears. “I can imagine.” She murmurs, thinking of Weaver and their training, then the original meeting between the two of them. She imagines Weaver is a nonstop kind of go person, and it’s something Kiada admires.

She focuses on him as he gives her a lopsided smile, a small crooked one crossing her own face in response, the chime of laughter slipping from her throat. “Maybe because you’re attuned and could’ve mentioned something so I didn’t have to write everything out.” She makes a show of dramatics with this before she leans in a bit closer as if she’s going to tell him a secret, before her neck flushes a small amount at the closeness, her icy gaze lingering along his face briefly.

I could’ve let you in. There’s that same flirtatious, lilting tone he’d missed out on the first night, and she leans back with a small smirk and a wiggle of her eyebrows, before she glances to those who might be watching once more, to look anywhere but him.
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
It was a good description of Weaver, and it was good for Halo that she was around right now. But Korbin wasn't too different himself. In many ways he was happier now in the midst of this crisis, working his ass off to help his people get back on their feet, than he had been in a long time. And messed up as that was... he imagined, hoped that they would be able to make a real difference, just by being there and being who they were.

Tucking the gloves into the back of his belt, Korbin gazed down at her with amusement dancing in the dark eyes. "Ah, that," he replied. "You didn't ask, though. And," he added, leaning down just a bit closer to murmur a reply in her ear, "you were quite including anyway. I didn't really miss out."

Straightening back up, he flashed her a wicked grin. It had been quite a lot streaming down that bond from her side... and he really wasn't complaining.

Still, he wasn't speaking back into her mind. A, because he couldn't, and B, because... well. Chulane. Korbin might be easy when it came to pretty girls, but he wasn't the type to break into the kind of budding thing these two seemed to have going on. He made no move to close the distance further, and though he was laughing, there was still a distance to him that didn't really invite to be broached.
They'll drop it
KORBIN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
She chimes a bit of laughter at that comment, dark brows raising in quiet surprise. “Oh, so it’s my fault, then?” She asks, a small grin crossing her face as she regards him and cocks her head a small amount – quite avian like. And of course, his words reach her, and despite the easy going smirk that crosses her face – that glint to her eyes – there’s still that flush that blooms along her neck and she crosses her arms in front of her, along her chest – casually watching that grin that crosses his face.

Could’ve acted like you enjoyed it then, hearing it.” She hums, flashing him her own playful smirk, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug as she shifts her weight a bit. I did, but I assume you already knew that. A raise of her brow, a tilt of her head, a smirk that grows a hint wider as she regards him.

Two can absolutely play at this game, and perhaps it’s a bit of relief considering the terrible tragedy that occurred. But she can’t help but to play along regardless.

They both keep their space from one another, however, even if the amusement pulses from her end of the bond toward him – the enjoyment of the game they play, of the night they’d shared together, of how there’s a part of her that wonders what it might’ve been like had they indulged when he could hear – would it have changed anything?

Would it have mattered?
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
Korbin chuckled, a low and quiet sound. "If it makes you happier to think so, then sure," he offered playfully. He might be tired and weary after a day of hard work, but it didn't make wrangling with words any less entertaining. Especially now that it could be done at a proper pace. Written jibes was well and good, but there was something about the emphasis on words and tone that took it to another level.

Her retort did make his eyebrows lift however. "Oh, I did enjoy myself," he assured. "Did it not come across? If so, I might have to work a little harder..." His gaze flitted to the flush that crept up her neck, then made a brazen dip down over her figure. The sly grin that crept over his lips was suggestive, and more than a little teasing.
They'll drop it
KORBIN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
I think it’s most certainly not.” She chimes to him, her lilting voice crossing the air as she lifts her chin up a small amount, arms moving to fold across her chest as she flashes him a honey dipped grin. But his next comment, with the flushing of her neck has her smirking instead of offering bright grins, her head tilting a small amount as she focuses on him.

Perhaps.” She says, edging a bit closer into his space, a tease if there ever was one. Her head lifts a bit more to keep her eyes trained on him, the faint hint of the marks he’d left on her visible in the light and the closeness they shared, and the way she tilts her head is entirely for showing them off. “Of course it depends on whether or not the night was as memorable for you as it was for me.” She flashes him a wink, though she remains where she stands.
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Change author:
Korbin gazed down at her as she closed in on him, his grin as lazy as the gaze he trails over her. She looked about ready to fight, and though he didn't doubt she could kick ass if she really wanted to, he couldn't help but think it was rather cute, the way she had to tilt her head back to look at him properly. "No? Nor do I think I was obliged to inform you about it. Now where does that leave us, hm?"

Tilting his head, he took the offered chance to survey the marks he had left on her. Seeing them recalled a lot of things to his mind. The taste of her lips, the feeling of her skin under his hands, of... much else too that he really shouldn't be thinking about. A streak of color touched his face, but it might just be the layers of clothes he wore.

"Who knows," he teased, "I might recall a few other nights a bit more clearly. It's hardly worth talking about though; I couldn't help but notice that you have other interests these days."

It was a dig at how she'd been clinging to Chulane at the bar the other night. Strange to think there had ever been a time before this disaster, but... Korbin wasn't one to forget. Not that he was upset about it... but he didn't exactly enjoy being stood up either.

Still, he didn't withdraw from the woman. Just watched her, calm and unreadable, that half smile ghosting over the mouth. More interested in how she would take the barb than in the things he had left to do before turning in for the night.
They'll drop it
KORBIN
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
There’s a feigned roll of her eyes, though the smile on her face flickers toward the edge of her lips, a curl of her smirk. “Even, I suppose.” She hums to him, keeping her head tilted just long enough for him to take a good long look, before she’s focusing on him once more – and she spies that shift of color along his face. Ah, checkmate.

But his retort has her snorting, her shoulders rising and falling in a small shrug. “I have many interests these days, you know.” She offers, a brow raising with a light smirk before she’s turning slightly as the door opens again. Someone else waltzes in with a few bundles of more blankets and what not to be distributed, and her iceberg gaze flickers back toward Korbin with a small nudge of her head in that direction. “Such as that.

And she takes her leave, slipping away from him, but stepping just close enough to brush her shoulder by his arm as she does so, moving to grab the blankets and distribute them to those that had been waiting for fresh blankets. “Well, duty calls.” She chimes over toward Korbin, flashing him a wink before she’s focusing her attention elsewhere.

- FIN