How the Turntables
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
Sam did not drink, nor did he crave the social atmosphere of a bar.

No, he'd come into the Hanged Man for a different necessity entirely: he'd thought the evening was safe when he'd left Zephyr's house, the light fading away into night; yet halfway into his walk he'd suddenly noticed the sun coming out from behind a cloud for one last hurrah. In a panic, he'd ducked into the first building within his range.

So now he was tucked in the corner of the bar, playing with the bottom of his shirt hem and praying no one would talk to him before he got to sidle out again, once the sunlight had travelled across the floor and back out of the window, behind the clouds. Staring at the wall with a definite hunch in his shoulders, Sam would appear to be a completely different man than the one he had been only a week or so before; all the wind knocked out of him in one fell swoop.
Part of being alive is wishing that you weren't sometimes
as your brain forces you to breathe
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
my heart and soul were never mine to own, what do you care to die for?
A shock of red hair doesn’t surprise him anymore, spying the man as he enters the Hanged Man. Sunjata’s off to the side as well, not drinking currently, but just trying to keep an eye on things before everything started to go to shit here as it usually did. But the main offenders hadn’t shown yet, and it’s possible they wouldn’t be for some time, which leaves him to his own devices as he scans the room half out of sheer boredom and half out of debating what he planned on doing. Not like he could really do much considering the wound in his stomach was still healing — carefully attempting to keep the stitches Nate had done from popping out.

But he is there with Haai, settled at his feet by the seat he’s snatched away, and he watches Sam for some time as he stares at the wall — gaze flickering toward the outdoors to see what exactly he’s avoiding. He can’t spy anything but he pretends to not notice nor care.

That is, until Haai decides yet again to be an absolute shit to him. The griffin slipping away from his side to go sniff about Sam’s legs, insistent and demanding pets and attention, enough so that she entirely ignores Sunjata’s plights mentally. And so he goes to stand, a bit slower than normal, favoring a bit in his step from both his leg and his gut as he makes his way over to try and corral the griffin. “Sorry Sam.” His deep voice rumbles, trying to pull the griffin away while simultaneously trying to scan Samuel. Somethings changed, immensely, and he can’t quite figure out what.

Should he care? Probably not. But Sunjata didn’t have anything personally against the other Ascended, only what Nate’s said and how he’s reacted with his ex. And it sort of is his job to keep an eye out for possible threats in Torchline. So he sighs quietly, steel gaze lifting to Sam’s face with a dark brow raising. “You okay?
we die alone, we'll all die young
what do you care to die for? what do you care to die from?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Samuel
Sam flinched as there was suddenly some creature sniffing about his legs, slobbering and breathing on him, refusing to leave even with his gentle pushes on it's nose. He had never cared for dogs and while he wasn't entirely sure that was what this was, it was close enough that he didn't like it and he drew his legs up onto the bench, tried to press himself further into the corner.

When the owner came to claim it he was relieved, until he looked up and saw just who it was. Sam's heart sunk: the last time he had spoken to Sunjata in a bar it had been intensely embarrassing and that was without his current predicament. He was quite happy to silently nod and let the man walk away, but then of course he had to ask if he was alright.

Sighing, willing his voice to work smoothly, Sam slowly let his legs back down and spoke. "...No, n-n-nnn--" Closing his eyes in frustration and shame he took a moment to swallow the word that was giving him trouble and try again. "Not really. But it's...n...not anything anyone c-c-can help."
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Of course, as Sam flinches and tries to avoid her onslaught of nudges and pestering – it only seems like a challenge to the griffin. She tries to edge herself in further to try and get her nose pressed against Sam’s leg – but soon enough, Sunjata’s there – reaching for the scruff of the griffin and pulling her to the side even as she protests and huffs quiet growls of annoyance. But she settles just enough that Sunjata can focus on Samuel, letting his gaze lift to the man as he places his legs back down to the floor, a dark brow threatening to raise as Sam stutters.

Has he ever heard Sam stutter like that before? He hasn’t, and part of that is worrying in itself. And at the end of the day, Sunjata’s not heartless. So he crouches beside the bench, keeping a hand on Haai to keep her from diving toward the man and his legs again, his head tilting slightly as he considers it. It’s sort of an answer but it starts more questions in its wake, and Sunjata has to fight the slight frustration with it as his free hand comes up to rest at his gut, hovering over the stitches who’s bumps can be seen somewhat through the fabric.

What happened?” He asks instead, pretty sure that Sam wouldn’t tell him, but finding it was worth a shot anyway. Again, Sunjata doesn’t really have anything against the other Ascended, nothing incredibly personal like what was between Nate and Sam. But perhaps it was important enough to ask about.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
While Sam was thankful for Sunjata keeping Haai back, he inwardly groaned as he decided to settle down. The last thing he wanted right now was someone close enough to watch all his little stutters and stops, his insecurity writ large all over his body now that the Voice had ripped away the shields he had built up over the years.

He was too preoccupied with his own pathetic image to notice Sunjata's hand or the scars he touched beneath his shirt. Sam chewed at his lip while he considered the question and how best to answer, given who Sunjata was (and more importantly, how close he was to a certain someone). "...If...if I t-tell you, you can't tell...can't tell Naa-Nate." He said first, staring hard at the other man, making it clear this was a boundary he meant.
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
When Sam speaks again, he should’ve suspected that would be the result. And he wonders whether or not to agree to it. On one hand, if it was something that endangered Nate, then Sunjata would absolutely have to tell him. If it was something far more personal? Well, Sunjata could keep it a secret until Sam figured his shit out or if Nate and Sam ever managed to work anything out.

So he chews on the inside of his lip, letting his gaze wash over the other Ascended, keeping his hand along the griffin, gripped into the scruff of her feathery and furry neck. So he decides to agree – unsure of whether or not it’s the way Sam stutters that seems to pull on some string within him of curiosity and perhaps a bit of sorrow.

I won’t tell Nate.” Sunjata offers, staring right back at the hard look Sam gives him. And he remains impassive, head tilting a small amount as he focuses on the Ascended before him.
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
When Sunjata gave his assurance Sam peered close at the other man's face, searching for something that might tell him the promise was legitimate; presumably he found it as he leaned back and nodded, tried to think of the words to simply explain what had happened without revealing things he couldn't.

"...I..an-angered the Voice. I wanted t-t-to leave her. So..." He held out his hands in a resigned shrug that was no where near as careless as he wanted it to be. "..She le...let me go, but took all she ever....ever did for me. F-Fixing my voice, all my up-upgrades...all the sun resistance." Hopefully as someone dating an Ascended himself, Sunjata might understand the significance of this loss, how it had massively and immediately changed Sam's life for the worse.
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sam begins to lean back, after finding whatever it was he was searching for in the Korofian’s face. So Sunjata leans back as well, still keeping his hand at Haai’s neck and his other along the wound, head tilting slightly as he listens through the stutters – brows furrowing and his gaze sharpening a small amount at the fact that Samuel wanted to leave the Voice. And… How oddly similar it sounded to Nate’s frustrations any time it was brought up.

So he bites down on his tongue a small amount until Samuel continues and Sunjata’s frown deepens, some sort of surprise and shock flashing in his steel gaze that remains trained on Sam. “She took everything?” He questions, placing a knee down on the floor now to keep his balance as he stares. “How… How are you going to get the fluid you need?” Concern crosses his face – because regardless of whether or not Sunjata liked Samuel, whether or not Nate liked Samuel, it didn’t mean that he wanted to see the other man die because of something like this.
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Hearing his situation repeated back to him in such shocked terms did little for Sam's emotional state and he let out a shaky sigh as he nodded, confirming the horrors that had been ravaged on his now-weak body. "Everything." If he were someone more prone to optimistic turns of phrase he might have said she couldn't take his soul or something else equally corny, but he felt in some ways she had.

For a moment he was surprised that Sunjata had thought about the fluid, then he remembered - of course, Nate. "...Um...I was...h-hoping.." Sam looked off to the side and nibbled at his lip, not having as of yet voiced this thought to anyone. "..I've been living with s...someone....and I hoped he m-mi-might let me drink from him. Maybe." Not that he'd asked Zeph, but the man had been friendly enough so far; hopefully he'd be open for the favour.
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A repeat of a repeat greets him as Sam confirms Sunjata’s question. Everything, and that’s when the anxieties begin to swirl in his gut again, the Arbiter leaning back a small amount to both hold Haai nearer to him in an effort to try and keep anything else distressing from the Ascended, a moment to consider it and the trouble it would cause to have no way to replenish the fluids.

And Sam suggests the possibility of feeding from someone, and Sunjata swallows a bit hard but offers a nod to that. “Have you asked him yet?” Already running through possibilities in his mind of what could work and what hadn’t worked, recalling when Nate would have to take those trips to the Grounds for a shrine to replenish the fluid when just the blood wasn’t enough. “You’ll get sluggish doing it that way…” He trails off, puffing out a quiet sigh as he reaches to run a hand through his hair. “But it’s better than nothing.” An agreement, because holy shit the man could die and Sunjata really didn’t want to think or have to deal with that.

It worries him for Nate, too.

Can I get you anything that might make it easier?” He asks quieter. Jackets and clothes for the sun, something else, help to get home today while the sun still peeked outside? And how was he expected to not tell Nate when this could endanger him as well? Or worse? Reflect on him too?

Maybe he’s just started to panic a bit.
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Sam shook his head, not having been able to face asking Zeph yet. He'd have to explain the side effects of the bite and with everything he'd already asked from the man who had so kindly taken him in...he was beginning to feel like a leech; that and it would feel oddly manipulative, Sam not unawares of his own blooming feelings towards the 'dock worker'. "I kn-know..but...I d-dd-don't have a choice, if the Voice won't give me anything. I think...he'll say yes. H...He's a good man."

Sunjata's offer surprised him and he frowned, unsure what if anything Sunjata would be able to do for him except for give him blood, which he didn't dare ask for. "Um...I d-don't...know if there's anything anyone c...can do. Thank you, though. That's ni..nice of you. I thought you might be--" He stopped suddenly, wishing he hadn't begun that sentence, but it was too late now. "--...I th-thought you might be mad at me. Be..because of something Nate said, I d-d-don't know."
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
What’s his name?” Sunjata asks curiously, wondering if he knows who this man is — what makes him good in a place like Torchline where everyone there seems to have their own sort of baggage that made them decidedly not great. But regardless, he waits before offering to help Sam get something that might help, brows furrowing slightly as he considers the options laid out.

He focuses a bit more on Nate with the question that’s aired, or… More like a statement that causes Sunjata’s shoulders to rise and fall in a small shrug. “I have my fair share of shit with my exes.” He offers honestly, steel gaze looking up at Sam from where he’s crouched. “Doesn't mean I want them to die or something.” And it’s true, because that’s all he really sees with Sam at this moment without having access to his life support in the form of fluid.

And he sighs, because what if this mystery man doesn’t let him take what he needs to at least function. “...If you need a bite, Sam, I can help with that.” His brow raises curiously at the Ascended. There’d be questions, but Sunjata hopes that Nate will understand.
SUNJATA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
"Oh, um..." Sam paused as he considered if it was alright for him to name Zeph in this situation. It wasn't like he was saying the man had certainly said yes, so he couldn't be labelled as some kind of pervert...and as far as he knew Sunjata was a decent-ish sort. With a sigh, he decided he didn't have the energy to insist on not telling him. "Zeph. H...he lives on the end of the st-t-t-treet out of Haulani."

At least it seemed like Sunjata didn't hold any ill will towards him, which was a relief: Sam could not have expected him to offer what he did next though, his eyes widening as he realised what he'd just heard. "..I..oh..ah.." If he had the blood for it, he would have blushed hard, embarrassment making him laugh awkwardly as he looked anywhere but Sunjata's face.

"I..think I sh-should be okay, but thank you. If...if I d-do need it, I'll let you kn..know." He wanted to totally turn the offer down, but Sam was aware that if he was truly low on fluid, he might not have a choice if Zeph refused. "...N..Nate..wouldn't like that. ..You're st-still..together, then." It came out more like a statement than a question, but Sam did glance up at Sunjata after it.
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ah, I know Zeph.” He replies easily, offering a light shrug to that. He didn’t know know Zephyr, but there’s a moment where Sunjata focuses a bit harder on Sam, wondering if the Ascended saw a different side to the smuggler than Sunjata had seen. But he doesn’t press it — already Sunjata had what Sam once did, he didn’t particularly want to stick himself into that other can of worms.

Still, however, he wonders if Zeph would let him bite if it came down to it.

But he watches Sam as he grows surprised, some sort of feline smile coming across the attuneds face with it as he says that he’s fine. The smile even stays as Sam mentions Nate and Sunjata’s shoulders rise and fall in a shrug, his fingers still laced within Haai’s scruff. “I think he would understand.” He says, though being completely unaware if he would or not. But the question/statement of them being together still has Sunjata nodding. “We are.” An easy hum accompanying it as he lifts his free hand from hovering over his stitches to rub at his neck where plenty of healed Ascended bite scars sat. “I’m sorry, for what happened and how that affected you.” He rumbles a bit quieter, unsure why he’s even apologizing.

Was it because he didn’t know Nate was with someone? Was it because Sunjata had asked, no, begged for Nate to continue that day? Was it because he was so fucking tired of everyone saying he was the monster that they perceived him as that he wanted to do something good? He’s not sure. All he does know is that he doesn’t regret it, and if it took doing it again to be where he’s at with Nate, he absolutely would do it time and time again. “We live next door to the governor’s house, if you decide you do want to get ahold of me.” But he remains, in case Sam changes his mind and needs to bite right now.
SUNJATA