How the Turntables
For Sunjata
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller / Naturals Advisor

Age: 28 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 7 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: Lancydulac Online
Change author:
MP:
Samuel
"...Oh. Um...d-do you.." Sam hesitated, then pushed on. "Do you know wh-what he does? F..fff..for a living, I mean." Remi had stopped short of actually telling him and before he drank blood from the man, he really wanted to know that he wasn't a murderer.

He was less sure than Sunjata that Nate would understand, but he supposed Sunjata was the expert now, having spent more time with Nate than he had during the course of their rocky fledgling relationship. Confirmation that they were still together was swiftly followed by an apology, one that Sam had not been expecting or particularly needing from Sunjata. "..Well...th-thank you, but it was Na..Nate that did something wrong."

They lived next door to Remi, apparently, which struck Sam as a little odd: didn't Remi live in a solitary house by the lighthouse? "..Oh. ...D-do you think Remi is a goo...good governor?"
Part of being alive is wishing that you weren't sometimes
as your brain forces you to breathe
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Senzaok
Arbiter / Guildmaster

Age: 27 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28
HAAI - Mythical - Griffin (Fire breath)
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP:
my heart and soul were never mine to own, what do you care to die for?
Not exactly.” Comes his swift reply, a rise and fall of a shoulder. “Works with the Ark as far as I know.” And really that’s all he knew about Zeph, aside from the few brief times he’d met the man. But he hopes that’s a satisfying enough answer as the subject shifts and Sunjata’s apologizing, though for gods knew what.

And it causes a soft chuckle to leave him at it as he shrugs to that as well. Because both of them had been in the wrong, really. “I was married at the time.” He offers to Sam. Take it as he would — but the both of them knew what they were doing. The both of them weren’t good over the other.

But the next question does catch him a bit off guard, causing an easy smirk to cross Sunjata’s face as part of his mask. “I do.” He agrees easily and swiftly before eyeing Sam with that same rogue smirk. “He gave me a job, after all.” A position on said council — the Arbiter — and a home close enough to scratch each other’s backs with.
we die alone, we'll all die young
what do you care to die for? what do you care to die from?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Samuel Wordsworth

Age: 28 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MP:
Samuel
The Ark was not a vessel Sam was familiar with; he tried to commit the name to memory so he could try to find it later, even as he felt a little guilty for that plan: he knew it wasn't his business to pry into Zeph's work, but his curiosity about not just his host but this whole new world he'd found himself in was a good distraction from his current situation. Nodding, he put the information away.

"...Well...y-yes, but..." Sam tilted his head from side to side. It was hardly a secret that Sunjata's marriage to Phoebe had been a strange affair, even to those not in attendance. "...Either way, th-that doesn't hurt me, so I do..don't have a problem with you." It was up to Phoebe to enact her own vengeance for it, and as far as Sam knew, she had.

Not knowing about Sunjata's new position, Sam frowned and leaned forward, glad to have a chance to talk about someone else for a little. "..Wh..what job is that?"
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Senzaok
Arbiter / Guildmaster

Age: 27 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28
HAAI - Mythical - Griffin (Fire breath)
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP:
my heart and soul were never mine to own, what do you care to die for?
He supposes it doesn’t hurt Sam, but at the end of the day both him and Nate had been in the wrong. But it becomes beside the point as he focuses on Sam, as the words die off and Sunjata shrugs. It’s a surprise, seeing as how many people did have an issue with him. Perhaps it was nice to have one person that didn’t want to shit on everything you did, ex of your lover or not.

But Sam leans forward now, asking what he does. And there’s a small smile that crosses his face at the subject shift — letting it be something he can focus on with Sam. “I’m Torchline’s Arbiter.” He explains, smile growing into a bit more of a proud smirk. “Lawmaker and enforcer, more accurately. Supposed to try and make Torchline a bit less… Dangerous, I guess is the word to use for it.” He sits back on his heels, focusing on Sam to see how he might take that information.
we die alone, we'll all die young
what do you care to die for? what do you care to die from?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Samuel Wordsworth

Change author:
MP:
Samuel
"Arbiter...?" Sam repeated, unsure of what the term meant in this context, though thankfully Sunjata quickly explained. From what Sam knew of Sunjata (admittedly mostly from outside sources and his assumptions about the kind of person Nate might like to be with) he had never expected to see him in a law-enforcing role.

Especially not when he rang a boxing ring, something that Sam would have thought naturally would get a little sleazy sometimes. "..S...so you're...st-stopping people from st..stealing, or smu--smuggling?" He asked, chewing at his lip between questions as he wondered how many people on the dock might have something to say about that. "W..When I spoke to R..Remi, he said he expected t-tt-to get hurt. With his new job. D..Do you?"
Base Code by Sky!