A Different Kind of Demon Hunting [OPEN]
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Jigano's attire was simple but elegant, serviceable, but well-cut. Tan breeches of sturdy, supple leather tucked into calf-high boots with soft soles. He wore a linen tunic of light green that hugged his body but had full flaring sleeves beneath a longer, sleeveless over-tunic that fit his torso snugly and fell to his knees. The latter was made of a heavier bluish-grey fabric, tougher and more tightly woven. Over it all he wore a pale grey cloak to keep out the winter's chill that crept into the Atheneum through its fallen wall.

The bold statement would have been refreshing - if it wasn't so suspicious. Jigano kept the pleasantly courteous smile on his face, but for a moment he found himself doubting the newcomer's sincerity, or at least the coincidence which brought him here at the same time-- but, no. No, it made sense that others were seeking information on the mysterious demon. Which meant...

"It seems we outlanders share a morbid sense of curiosity," the bard said, voice dry as he turned back to the shelf, squatting down to check the lower ones since the higher had proven fruitless. "I have a healer friend who has been worried about the demon's victims. She said two soldiers from her homeland had been injured by it, and then that notice went up on the board..." he grimaced. "And, I admit, I don't like not knowing about something so dangerous living, proverbially, right next door. So I've been trying to do a bit of research myself. But I fear the books that would be most helpful are written in languages I can't read. After all," he glanced up at his companion, one white brow raised in a sardonic smile. "If the natives knew how to get rid of it, we wouldn't be dealing with it now."

Long, elegant fingers snagged a slim black volume, weathered and ancient, like a hawk stooping on its prey. Setting the lantern down, Jigano flipped the book open, nibbling his lip as he examined the faded scribbles on the title page. "So, Kalt, may I ask how long you've been in this delightful little bubble? And what world you were absconded from?" He glanced up again, grin wry as he stood, the book carefully closed and held to his chest. It was oddly refreshing to speak to someone he didn't have to crane his neck down to see eye-to-eye for a change. "I've got a running bet with myself. Odds are currently at twenty to one that you say 'Northaven.'"

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Different Kind of Demon Hunting [OPEN] - by Jigano - 01-07-2019, 03:49 AM