A Different Kind of Demon Hunting [OPEN]
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Kalt's vague dismissiveness of his own regimen didn't go unnoticed, though the mention of 'extreme' combat training at such a tender age had the bard glancing up, brow cocked in curiosity. "Yes," he murmured. "I think Edy mentioned something along those lines. She was... a little hard to follow." To say the least. The girl had rambled worse than an old country lane, but she'd done a good job smashing pumpkins and had helped him mix up a mean drink from their flesh. "I hope your daughter may grow up in a more peaceful home here." No duchies or kings or wars to endanger her, at least. Though the local monsters might make up for that... but at least they looked like monsters. Jigano preferred that to the ones who wore a human face.

Still cautious, but relaxing in increments as Kalt continued to act with courtesy and even joined him in his search, Jigano chuckled. He started to pull a book out then paused, squinting at the squiggly writing on its spine. Slowly, he slid it back in, then plucked the one beside it instead. Small, more a diary than a proper tome, and almost lost amidst the larger books around it, it had a crumbling black leather cover and pages faded brown with time and weather. "Why, whatever lore I can find," he answered absently, gently teasing the pages open with practiced fingers to avoid tearing the fragile old paper. "Written, spoken, sung... I remember it, write it down, rescue what might be on the verge of being lost or simply learn what is common in one place and take it to another where it may be of use. Knowledge for the sake of it... tempered with sharing it, giving it purpose." He smiled slightly, eyes passing over the half-familiar text in the book in his hands as he turned another page with a lover's touch. "And you never know what will be of use someday, to someone else who needs it."

He glanced up, the other brow quirking as blue eyes took in Kalt's easy balance as he crouched nearby. "And you? What combats did you seek out, to test your training in?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Different Kind of Demon Hunting [OPEN] - by Jigano - 01-11-2019, 04:08 PM