the nose knows more than you suppose
for Jata
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Like most young creatures, Loki is perfectly able to take a tumble and come out more or less fine. There’s no blood, no cracked bones, nothing other than a fleeting sense of embarrassment as she sets herself right. Letting Haai nuzzle and encourage her perhaps a tad more so than is necessary (look, everyone needs a pup talk every now and then), Loki is soon on her feet again and ready to get right back at it. She spreads her wings and looks to the door - maybe out there is better?

As for Wessex, it’s literally the third time she’s been asked about where she’s staying for LongNight and she can’t tell whether it’s polite conversation or Torchline is in need of some help and this is a coded cry for aid. There’s a 99% chance that isn’t the case, but the thought makes her laugh inwardly. “Wherever I want to be,” comes the standard reply, unsure of how she’ll divide her time especially now that Neron isn’t Warden and she knows of Ronin’s guardian mission. “Probably a few days in each, to feel like I’m doing my non-existent duty to everyone.” Or not, who knows. She shrugs.

“Yeah. You and Nate. That was a surprise.” Offering a teasing grin, she lowers her chin and gives him a mock look as if she’s about to lecture or say something important. “I really don’t care what you do, so long as it doesn’t affect this.” Gesturing between the two of them, she alludes to their agreement about the portals.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4967
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
Outside absolutely is better – and once Haai is done thoroughly ensuring the dragon is okay, she guides the other companion outside the open door to maybe stretch out her own wings along with her. Sunjata’s gaze remains on Wessex throughout it all as well, waiting to hear where she plans on going, before a quiet chuckle of laughter slips from his throat. “I suppose if anyone wanted to go to each place during LongNight, it’d be you.” She was capable enough, quietly Sunjata thinks that she cares quite a bit much about them all in order to be willing to do that.

But she’d certainly be able to handle herself.

So when she comments about him and Nate, he chuckles deeply. “Was it?” He asks, flashing her a rogue grin. “Makes quite a bit of sense to me actually.” Of course, he was the one involved. Perhaps he’s a bit biased. But him and Nate were quite similar to one another at the end of the day, yet different just enough that things seemed to just… Work. So instead, his head tilts as she comments about their deal.

I’m not sure how it could affect this, but if it helps, it won’t.” Affect it, that is. “Speaking of which, any progress on the next one? Things to watch out for?” A raise of his brow, an avian tilt of his head. Anything he should be made aware of, perhaps?
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bulletproof
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
With the open air before her, Loki leaps into the air and begins to climb into the sky, a sleek and shiny black bullet against the dark sky. She doesn’t stray too far, though, preffering to do some acrobatics in order to impress Haai. The dragonling dips and dives and spins, ending it all with an energy blast into the open air, the electric-blue visual slowly dissipating into the night.

“One of the side effects of living your whole life in a cage: staying in one place now seems pretty pointless. And since I can easily get places, I might as well.” She thinks of it more as being able to be of service - Halo is isolated, the Ground will be beset by Monsters. What if they need something? Or someone?

Her head bobs up and down in agreement, perfectly happy with their relationship and the assurance that any consequences of it ending won’t affect their agreement. “I don’t know. We’ve done the exploration, built the shrine, and after that the Voice usually is able to open it. I’m not sure what’s going on this time.” There haven’t been any hints about the next place, nothing. “Maybe she’s waiting till after Deepfrost. Maybe she knows I have this Eirachi thing and will wait for that.” A shrug.

“It’s worth asking though.” So saying, the Wraith puts it on the list of things to ask at her next shrine visit.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Haai is far too excited about the prospect of another flier in her midst to not want to be a part of it – her iridescent wings spreading and feathers testing the air as she takes to the skies mere moments after Loki does. And her green gaze focuses intensely on the show that the dragon offers, howling and yipping her quiet approval at the acrobatics and display of magic, tongue lolling out the side of her mouth as she puffs a bit of fire in a direction that’s not at the dragon, but to also show off a bit too, and perhaps form even more of a kinship with the other companion.

Sunjata nods to Wessex’s comment, finding some sort of agreement within – though while he hadn’t grown up in a cage like the barrier, he had grown up with a cage of his own sort – a cage made by a last name and an expectation. So he gets it, the need to do something different and help where he could. It’s why he joined the resistance, isn’t it?

I’m sure she’ll let you know when it’s beneficial.” Sunjata shrugs to that – no judgement within whatsoever. He’s content where he is, content with who he is and who he’s with, the connections he’s made – even if some of them were questionable at any given time. Only time would tell, however, and he nods deeply once more to her follow-up comment. “Well, if you find anything out keep me updated if you feel like it might be valuable.” He offers, flashing her an easy smirk.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Haai’s encouragement and flames have not gone unnoticed, and the dragonling urges her new friend on to the empty stage, drifting down to give the older companion a bit more room to move. She’s eager to watch and learn, eager to fly the skies with someone (because while Wessex can take them places quickly, she can’t fly, like the two of them can. And perhaps Loki didn’t know she was missing that from her life.

Humming and agreement, she sits back for a bit and raises her brow. “And how will being Arbiter work for or against the guild? Or keeping the portals open, if things eventually swing the other way?” While Remi is probably quite neutral at the moment about the Ascended and they have their own agreement in place, she is curious how Sunjata will manage to double - or triple - dip. Can she still rely on him in two seasons? A year? He is Safrin’s, after all. His boss is a portal guardian.

Wessex just wants to be prepared for betrayal, if it’s a possibility.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Haai absolutely has no qualms in showing off for the dragon – the griffin spreading her iridescent wings wide as she glides through the warm air, letting the temperature changes affect her feathers in dips and curves that she maneuvers with precision. And when she’s done showing a decent amount of the ropes to the dragonling, does she fall back to watch Loki as she ventures and perhaps tries to replicate it.

At first, Sunjata didn’t have much else to say regarding their little deal – not until Wessex speaks up again and his steel gaze finds her. “I have to do what Remi tells me while I’m working or maintaining a face for Torchline.” He rumbles, as honestly as he can before his tattooed shoulders rise and fall in a small shrug. “But that doesn’t mean it’ll stop the Guildleader from helping his guildmates, hm?” A small half smirk is shot Wessex’s direction, before a brow raises ever so slightly.

Do you think it will? Go the other way, that is.” And suddenly, the worries for Nate infiltrate his chest again, exhaling a quiet sigh as he waits for the response.
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Try to imitate, Loki does indeed - perhaps not so deft in her execution of the moves, but with full marks for enthusiasm.

Of course, that makes sense. While Remi may seem agreeable to some things, including not exactly toeing the line, she imagines that full on disobedience was a poor tactic. “It’s easier to break the rules if you make the loopholes,” she murmurs in quiet agreement. “Speaking of Guildmates, I was thinking of asking Weaver and Hotaru to come along on this adventure. Make it a thing. Give the Guild first crack at the new land.” There are other reasons, of course, those being that she’ll need to include some magic users on the excursion if she’s to be of much use, and fire would be beneficial, or so she imagines if the place is described as hot.

Which also conveniently leads to Nate. “I don’t know. Maybe eventually, with him attached to Ludo now. I’m putting in the work with him, so the Ascended will have at least a small warning if shit goes down.” But there are a lot of external factors, and she’s learning that she can actually control very little outside of her immediate circle of influence.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Exactly.” Sunjata replies swiftly, a small half smirk ghosting across his face before it fades and he’s focusing on her a bit more intensely at the mention of the guild. “Mm, that does sound intriguing.” He agrees with a small quiet laugh. “Hotaru is the second in command for the Guild. Perhaps it’s good to invite them all along and see what we can’t uncover for ourselves first.” Of course, it’s up to them whether they choose to join on the grand adventure, but Sunjata’s ready for it.

As ready as he can be anyway.

But his next question is aired, and Sunjata nods lightly to that. “Remi’s well aware of Nate’s and my relationship – I should hope that if he plans on doing something he’ll let me know as well.” There’s a small amount of tension that grows in his jaw with it as he takes a small inhale, unsure of how much more loss he can take from those that are close to him. “So please keep an ear out for me. I promised to help the Ascended, and I still intend to keep that.Especially because of Nate now.
SUNJATA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
It’s settled then, and once again Wessex is pleased that the two of them seem to get along so well. It’s refreshing to not have to fight tooth and claw for every single little thing with him. “Great,” she says whilst sitting forward, ready to get up. “I’ll go find them and return near Deepfrost with a better plan.” Standing and looking around for Loki, her attention is drawn to the noises outside, and she chuckles like a happy parent. “Looks like Haai and Loki took quickly to each other, “ she muses aloud, strolling to the door to see what they’re up to.

Ticking off the topics in her head, the Wraith believes she’s covered everything she needs to talk about right now, and since they’re on the same page about the Ascended, there’s no sense in beating that topic black and blue with repeated affirmations. “Okay, so with Torchline and Remi covered, I’ll see how it’s going in Halo. Keep yourself in one piece” Giving the Arbiter a quick wink, the woman calls out for Loki, who looks more than a little disappointed that playtime is over. She even croons a little sadly as she wafts down to her companion’s arm.

“Don’t worry,” Wessex whispers to the little dragonling. “You can play with Haai later.” She has a feeling there will be many opportunities.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sounds good.” Sunjata replies easily, a light smirk crossing his face as Wessex moves to sit forward to stand, and Sunjata follows suit. He follows her to the entrance, watching as Haai’s iridescent wings take the griffin above the dragon as Loki recalls back toward the Wraith. Haai dives down as well, landing hard among the sand and dirt, tucking wings in tight and offering a small howl of goodbye to the dragon before weaving her way through his legs.

Sunjata focuses back on Wessex again, resting an arm against the doorframe. “I’ll do my best, but I make no promises.” He offers, responding to her wink with a huff of laughter for his own retort. And when he bids her farewell finally, he slips back inside to finish working on a few of the chores left behind to fix up.

- FIN
SUNJATA