Moths and Dust
Delphia
Naavi Sen
Healer

Age: 105 | Height: 4'4" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Naavi
The Undercroft was a place of wonder, books, scrolls, writings. She'd settled in to search for topics on plants, and medicinal properties as had been recorded by others. Always curious about the world outside of the Greatwood, and aware that simply venturing outside of the Greatwood wouldn't tell her everything about an area, Naavi had also claimed a scroll or two that might give her some insight to the lands around them. Specifically, the people, customs.

Her fingers trailed over the old text, gently removing a papermoth as she leaned back over the book. Skimming past what she already knew about a variety of herbs, her fingers tapped against a section, and she carefully laid out a piece of paper to scribble her notes on.
Sen
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Delphia did not visit the settlement often, nor did she use the Undercroft with any notable frequency, but today was an exception. The Fae were an old race and their tomes documented a great many things. Perhaps if she was lucky one might contain knowledge of the war and the Voice and her ascended souls. Insular as they were, even the Fae certainly could not have escaped the war three centuries prior without some involvement.

She was focused as she perused, looking more at the books than where she was going - a mix that would prove to be her undoing. Standing head and shoulders above the fae woman, she didn't notice her until she had run into her, tripping and falling. "Oh! I'm so sorry!
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Naavi Sen
Healer

Age: 105 | Height: 4'4" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Naavi
Down went the books, and up flitted the fae. Large brown eyes peered down at the fallen human, and she giggled, "It's quite dangerous to walk and read, you know. The ground provides places to sit. On a root, or some moss..."

Demigod, daughter of Mort. Naavi had never had the pleasure of meeting her directly, but she had heard of her, and of the things, she could do. "But you shouldn't be sorry, as no harm came to you, or me, or the tomes. I am quite low to the ground, it makes sense to miss me." As wings lowered feet to the ground once more, the small woman settled in front of Delphia.

Now, if a fellow fae had tripped over her, Naavi probably still would have laughed, rather than accept an apology. "Are you looking for something in the books? Maybe I can help," Once upon a time, Alcyone had taught her to always offer her wisdom, because within each fae there lay a pearl of wisdom that had been crafted by the teaching of those before them. Much like the tomes in the Undercroft.

Some of the books even held her Alcyone's handwriting, because the older fae had believed dearly in not only passing history and knowledge orally but to write it down to never be lost as well. Each book with the deceased warrior's handwriting was a lifeline; even if the topic was uninteresting, she would still read it. Because how could she forget a woman that had spent decades at her side, with hands wrapped tightly around her heart, caging her for what felt like an eternity.

But it had been a small portion of her life. Though, never once had Naavi regretted losing Alcyone, because the woman had died doing what she lived for. The healer, in love with a warrior, she'd practiced her craft on her beloved more times than she could count. But her memory was long and vivid.

In her home, the walls were lined with small leather journals. She wrote everything down, as to never forget. So much imagery and effort put into writing down her past, her thoughts, her prayers. It was tedious, meticulous work, but it made her feel better; she could never forget as long as the writing lived on.

And neither could anyone else.
Sen
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Delphia managed a ghost of a smile at the Fae's words and she nodded in acceptance. "Wise words. I shall do better to follow this advice in the future." she said as she pulled herself up. Quietly she recollected the books she had dropped, including the one she had been perusing upon running into the Fae woman. Certainly not her best moment but no one had ever called her graceful for this exact reason.

"I am looking for anything the Fae may have written about the war that led to the barrier around the Hollowed Grounds." she said, not worrying in the slightest about admitting the purpose for her visit. "My father has given me a difficult task, and I find myself woefully uneducated in the details of those events. Perhaps you might know of a good record?" she asked. Delphia did not regularly visit the Undercroft so it would be no surprise to her if she was completely off base in her search for knowledge.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
Naavi nodded, slowly. "The barrier..." Her head tilted lightly, as she moved from her spot, flitting to peer through the shelves. She claimed a tome, and held it out to the demi-goddess, smiling brightly. "This?" She was, by no means, someone who ventured through the books often.

She settled on the ground once more, tipping her head to stare up at Delphia. "They say that you can speak to the dead?" Naavi's gaze wandered over the woman, a girl compared to some of the fae.

"Can..." She trailed off. Did she really want to ask after Alcyone? Or ask after her mother and her father, and the dysfunction that was their relationship, that led to so many half-siblings and a child being dropped on her doorstep fifty years ago?

She fell silent, uncertain.
Sen