[OPEN] Getting Lost for Fun
Naavi Sen
Healer

Age: 105 | Height: 4'4" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Naavi
Naavi carried a basket on each arm, a variety of stuff collected and separated into pouches and vials. She'd even managed to get some sap from the Wicker Woman. The forest provided everything that she needed, or well, most everything.

Different plants in different areas could provide more, but Naavi had not left the Greatwood since the attack on the Mathair and Alcyone's death. A will-o-wisp caught her eye, and she grinned, flitting along after it. Where it led her, she didn't much mind. These woods were her home, and she appreciated every new thing she discovered.

Because even when she thought she knew it all, something new appeared. It was truly fascinating. She continued after the will-o-wisp, carrying the baskets as she went, thankful that they were not heavy. "Where are you taking me, little wisp?" She murmured, to herself.
Leave a sparkle, wherever you go.
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
vodka on ice
and women on bikes
Aisha was on two different missions today, the simpler one was to explore the Greatwood. Well simple wasn't exactly the easiest way to put it, as she'd found herself lost multiple times. She'd brought with her the book of flora and fauna Jigano had given her, and remembered advice she'd been given about how to keep her wits in the Wildwood. Still, she ended up feeling more comfortable in her leopard skin, as though somehow she would blend in and feel at home.

And so in a speckled coat of glistening gold she wandered the forest, enjoying the beauty of it, the liveliness despite the Deepfrost that raged on. She found herself favoring these woods over those in the Hollowed Grounds, but the bar wasn't that high. The Hollowed Grounds were nothing to be enamored over, in it's grey scale macabre.

With her second mission still in mind, though if she didn't find the shrine she wouldn't be too dismayed about it, she continued on. A soft voice caught her attention, and she quickly dropped to the ground, resting back on her haunches and blending in as any good leopard could. Sunbeam eyes scanned over the clearing ahead and she found herself looking at a fae, following a wisp.

She was curious, hopeful that the small woman could give her directions, and so she shifted back, a mess of golden hair hung freely, and her new golden hilted sword strapped proudly to her side. "Hey, sorry to bother you, but I'm hoping to find the shrine here in the wildwood?" she said, keeping her distance so as not to intrude. She wouldn't mind company, if not only to keep her on the right path, but if not directions would do great.
or just the
women who straddle em
Naavi Sen
Healer

Age: 105 | Height: 4'4" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Naavi
The moment another voice sounded in the woods, the fae hit the ground, vials and glass jostling loudly. The wisp she had been following disappeared, as well. Large brown eyes peered towards the stranger. She was a bit cautious, uncertain of where the woman had come from. Straightening from her crouch, she scooped her baskets up and flashed a grin.

So she was seeking the Old Gods. Not an Ascended, then. "Why would be bothering me?" She inquired, as she eyed the sword on the woman's hip. "So you seek the Old Gods? Why this shrine? There's other shrines." She inquired, as she began to walk in a direction, taking only a moment to figure out where they were.

No indication that she was helping, but nothing that said she was not helping, either. She skipped along, every so often her feet left the ground for a few seconds, and landed quietly. "Do you have a name, Outsider?"
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
vodka on ice
and women on bikes
Whoa, Aisha hadn't expected that reply, the fae dropped to the ground quickly as though she hadn't already been seen. Aisha couldn't help but giggle just a bit, it was a funny sight and anytime somebody fell she had to laugh. Hopefully that was no offense to the fae, she tried to wipe off her grin before the smaller woman could get up and see it. Only a trace remained in the quirk of her lip as the other grew nearer, sheer wings fluttering her up ever so often.

"I've never been to the Greatwood and I was just curious," she said with a slight shrug, hoping it was sufficient enough of an explanation. She'd also just wanted an escape from all the drab of life in the Hollowed Grounds, and so far, the Wildwood had sufficed. The dark haired woman asked for a name, which Aisha gave as her hand slid down to her hip, "Aisha, and you?"
or just the
women who straddle em
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
Names held power. And this was an outsider. She was surprised the poor woman had not ended up horribly lost, but then... she had no idea where this Aisha had started her journey. "The Greatwood does not handle outsiders well," she responded, honestly. It wasn't like she could lie. "Where did you start your journey? Usually people get really lost, and find themselves led right back out of the wood." She stated, perkier than she probably should've.

"You may call me Sen." There were enough Sen's to place blame, if the outsider somehow found the village. It wasn't a lie, Sen was part of her name. "Do you worship them, the Gods of Old?" She was always interested in tales about the Gods, there were many more than just Rae, Vi, Mort and the heralds, so much to learn in this ever-growing world.

The fae-woman twirled, feet gently touching the ground, before she stopped her movements to gather some tree bark, gently thanking the tree for its use in a musical tongue, pressing her nose to the place she had just removed tree bark.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
vodka on ice
and women on bikes
The fae woman was initially cautious, asking lots of questions. The questions didn't stop, but she adopted a very friendly and perky attitude, one Aisha could certainly ride. Her smile widened as she watched the fae hover and turn, her own heel falling into a steady and kinetic rhythm against the forest floor, "I don't really know how lost I am cause I don't know where I'm going," she started, smooth low tones rumbling as she laughed.

"I started somewhere nearer the Spire, if that helps," she finished, not sure of any other landmarks she may have passed. She was given a name in return for her own, Sen. She nodded to the next question, watching with avid curiosity as the woman peeled some bark from a nearby tree and spoke to it in some unknown melodic language. It was beautiful, and Aisha was so focused on it she almost forgot the question.

"Uh, yeah I guess. I've met Safrin but not the others, I just had something I wanted to ask from them," she said, then back to more interesting topics, "What are you saying?" The question was in regard to her communion with the tree, with nature and it's blessings. Aisha had always loved nature, to simply be with the flora and fauna that roamed the earth alongside her. It was part of her culture, and she was intrigued by this one, so connected and vital.
or just the
women who straddle em
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
Naavi grinned. "That's the point of the Greatwood." She stated, with a giggle. She was probably one of the more friendly faes in her age group. "To protect us." She replied with a smile, bright and perky.

"The... Spire..." She nodded, thoughtfully. "Then you're really lost." She confirmed, with a shrug. "But that's okay."

The language she spoke came easily, after all, they all knew it. When the stranger asked, she smiled, patting the tree, "I was telling it thank you for what it provides. I promised to use everything I take from it." Peeling the bark didn't kill the tree, but it did leave it vulnerable.

Her attention returned to the gods and the shrine-hunt, "Oh. Safrin! She's really pretty," she exclaims, with another twirl, before she's off again, leading the way. She'd still never said she'd help the stranger or not, though Aisha didn't seem to think twice about following a strange little woman through the woods. "What are you asking them for?"
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
vodka on ice
and women on bikes
To protect them, the fae, the Greatwood itself would twist and mar the paths of those who sought to travel it. How she would love to have such a bond with the sentient being that was the earth, it's life and it's ever changing stability. She smiled back, Sen having inspired a tranquil cheer to her mood.

Really lost? Nah, Aisha didn't believe in really lost. She would find her way out, or at least that's what her ego told her. If not, then maybe Sen would help. She moved on, not too worried about the where and when, instead focusing her attention on the tree. Taking a step forwards, she placed her hand over the spot where the bark had been stripped, wondering what Sen felt when she touched there, "Did it say anything back?"

The other woman was fast, she'd quickly turned and started off through the trees and Aisha had to jog to catch up. She unfortunately wasn't as graceful in the undergrowth as the fae, tripping to keep up but not minding at all. The girl loved a challenge, especially one with so fascinating a reward. "Yeah she is," fine as hell, she said and thought respectively, with a light smirk on her lips.

Falling into step, or bounce when it came to the shorter of the two, Aisha gestured down to her new weapon. Deimos had forged it so perfectly she almost felt as though she'd never lost it in the first place, her heirloom sword. A smooth cutting edge that lead down to a gilded golden hilt, engraved with a leopard figurehead and other features. A beautiful replica, so sweet and so right that it almost put the real one to shame.

"I want to see if there's something they can do to my sword," was all she gave, for she wasn't even all that sure what she wanted yet.
or just the
women who straddle em
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
Naavi tipped her head, shrugging. "The leaves rustled in reply. I don't need them to tell me with words." She smiled, tipping her head as she studied the sky, going where she wished without paying attention to where she was actually going. The forest would protect her, guide her, lead her.

"She's got so many talents, and so much she's responsible for in this world. She's really marvelous." She replied, twisting and turning as she danced in the sunlight, through the leaves, through weaved vines and overhanging branches.

However, she slowed when the other woman talked about her sword, her request of the gods. "Oh? You want your weapon to be more special than it is already?" Her head tipped, pointed ears easy to see as she came to the ground immediately in front of Aisha. Close enough to touch.

"What kind of special do you want?" She asked, large eyes wide, innocent. She was clearly expecting an answer. She fluttered just high enough to see eye-to-eye to the other woman, her arms laden with her baskets, hands loosely grasping the handles of said baskets.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
vodka on ice
and women on bikes
Aisha nodded slowly to Sen's response, watching the leaves flicker on their branches, a gleeful and lyric-less tune. "That's cool," she couldn't help but say quietly, gazing over the unseasonable green and growth around her. She'd come here way more often if she knew it would always be like this, but she was smart enough to know that she wouldn't always be so lucky as to run into a woodland guide.

"Do you pray to Safrin?" she asked, wondering if the fae chose favorites. It seemed everybody did, but Aisha was still in the process of deciding who she would favor. Safrin held a special spot in her heart, being the first deity she'd met, but she always had room for more.

She giggled when Sen asked what she could want to be more special about her sword, her giggle was cut off though when she found the fae surprisingly eye to eye with her. She faltered only a second with the surprise, then laughed. Weird but ok, she thought before answering, "I want it to have some magic, something to make it stronger," she replied with a shrug, expression still bright and excited though she stepped back just a tad.
or just the
women who straddle em
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
Naavi hummed, staring at the sky, as she thought about her answer. "In ninety-eight years, I have prayed to many of the Old Gods. Vi, Mort, Rae, Safrin, Ludo, Frey. Each God has a purpose, why should I choose only one?" She inquires, certainly a rhetorical question, not one that she was seeking an answer too.

After all, what kind of outsider would have the answer to that question? "But some of us choose to worship one over the others. I do not, though. I feel that it is rude."

The other giggled, and Naavi's eyebrows furrowed. "Why do you laugh at me? What is funny?" The answer made the small woman frown, "What will you give the gods, in return for this favor, if they grant it?" The woman stepped back from the small fae, and this further caused the flitty creature concern.

"Do you fear me? Your body language suggests that you do. Why?"
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
vodka on ice
and women on bikes
The fact that Sen had answered her question went entirely over her head, all she heard was In ninety-eight years. Hazel eyes widened just a bit, she tried not to look too shocked, but she was learning a lot about this other race. "So you've been alive for ninety eight years?" she said, as if that was a more respectful way to say, you're old!.

She had started to zone back in on the conversation topic towards the end, catching the bit about thinking it's rude to worship one over the others. Aisha had felt that way too, but had heard different things and even experienced a rivalry between the gods, "That makes sense, but what if the gods prefer you to pick one?" she asked, not to question the fae's reasoning or ninety-eight years of knowledge on the topic, but she had watched the goddess of stars kick over a jar of honey meant for Frey.

Oh no, Aisha's amusement wasn't received well, she certainly didn't want to lose her guide now, as she was further off the path. And she was enjoying the company, the security, so she tried to rectify any offense with a shake of her head, "Oh no no, I'm just not used to fae. I'm not from Caido," she explained, as though that excused her awkwardness. She swung around her pack, unclipping the top to reveal the food she'd prepared as an offering. Fruits, greens, breads and meats, all fresh and only good things, "I brought this, thought maybe the gods would like it."

In regards to her stepping back, possibly a sore move on her part, maybe this close up eye contact thing was just something fae did. "I'm not scared of you, I don't know I just thought maybe I should step back," she said, then adding in her confident honey tone, "But no I'm not scared of you, us beautiful women have to stick together." With a wink and a smile, a bit of playful charm never hurt.
or just the
women who straddle em
Naavi Sen
Healer

Change author:
Naavi
"Yes. I'm pretty young, compared to some of us." She replied, with a shrug. "Your kind do not live long. It's honestly a shame." Her thoughts traveled to Keyes, and how he'd grown over the years, but was not yet considered an adult in their society. Her lips curved, as her thoughts briefly wandered to the boy's birthday during flowerbirth, she'd certainly have to make him something special.

"The gods should really stand united, but I don't think they do." She mused, feet dangling in the air. "But if they made me pick, I guess I'd pick Safrin, but I'd probably still pray to the others too."

"No one is used to fae," she lilted, though her gaze followed the woman's hands, as she displayed what she was taking the gods for her request. "Ooh. This should do nicely!" She exclaimed, with a smile, seemingly pleased.

Confident honey returned to the woman's voice, and she explained why she had stepped away. "Oh. Why?" She inquired, circling Aisha thoughtfully. "You humans value personal space too much." She explained, as she circled lazily.

The wink and smile were caught, and the fae-woman chuckled. "Oh yes. I welcome beautiful women to stick with me."
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
vodka on ice
and women on bikes
Young? "How long do you usually live?" she asked, trying to get a grasp of the scale. Aisha was fully grown at twenty one, she would only fill out in musculature and shrink in old age. Did Sen still have room to grow? How old would she be before her ebony hair was struck with grey?

Everyone she'd met seemed inclined to Safrin, and that certainly spoke to the goddesses benevolence. Though she had no reason to deny any of the others, and was one to experience rather than make preconceived notions. She nodded to Sen's choice, but spoke no further on the subject of gods.

Aisha grinned when her tokens were affirmed, glad to hear that someone else approved of her choices. Hopefully the gods did too, if not then at least she'd had plenty of food for if she got lost on the way home. "Good, I thought they might like it," she said with a pleased smile to herself as she looked down to clasp her bag and swing it back to her back.

The held her ground this time when Sen circled her, not at all wanting to give off an air of unease. It was certainly not a usual interaction, but she wasn't scared. Interested, yes, and unsure, but not scared at all. Her hand found her hip again, her smile broadening as Sen returned her flirtatiousness, "My guide is ever so generous," she replied playfully.
or just the
women who straddle em