Heads on a science apart
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Using my 'receive a random encounter from a god' pass from Remi winning CotS!

Bundled up in a coat that Vai had helped him fur-line to defend against the winter, Remi moved slowly towards the outskirts. He'd managed to create for himself a pair of boots, but even 'properly' dressed as he was, Remi found that traversing this new snow-laden landscape was quite difficult. There was nothing quite like this back in Northaven, and though Remi had gained a good deal more muscle mass than he possessed previously, he was still finding it cumbersome to wade his way through the snow.

But wade he did.

Moving towards the outskirts Remi wanted to see if the arrival of Deepfrost had changed anything with regard to the barrier. Was it weaker? Stronger? Were the effects more obvious now? Would there be a clear demarcation of its effects in the snow?

Keen to find out, Remi tucked his sketch book and a few sticks of charcoal into his pockets before setting out. The day was overcast and as he couldn't really see the sun, he had no real sense of what time of day it was. Afternoon sometime. Surely he had plenty of time to do some research before darkness would drive him home; even if the days were getting considerably shorter.
REMI
I forgot what it was like, to think I found you finding me
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ludo

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

This one was tasty, it had decided. And it liked to play with this one very much indeed.

It would have been too easy, though, to don the rags and whispers of maternal love. And with the change of the seasons, Ludo felt as though a change might suit elsewhere, too.

As Remi walked the snow would remain a mute and silent companion, disturbed only by the crunch of his own footsteps. Like something gnawing on the bones of the earth. As he reached the Outskirts, however, a pair of black tipped ears would appear poking up from the blanket of white, followed by the lithe and bouncy figure of a red fox.

The creature had clearly been on the pounce for something, but whatever it was it hadn't taken into account just how deep the drift was. With a huff of sinking snow, the fox disappeared almost entirely into it, only to pop back up with a yip of... something. Enjoyment? Outrage? Who could tell, honestly?

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

The ethereal silence was broken only by the sounds of Remi's breathing (which sounded amusingly loud) and the crunch of the snow beneath his boots. It almost made the alchemist want to hold his breath and tiptoe as if the silence was not to be disturbed, but of course that was quite silly.

Wasn't it?

If it wasn't for the bright contrast of copper against the white Remi might have missed the fox's leap entirely. As his eyes locked on the fluff of bright red though, his heart started beating with frantic hopefulness and without any sort of prompting at all, his legs broke into a sprint.

"Ianto?" Remi called, knowing that if it was indeed his friend he'd be able to respond telepathically. If it wasn't...well. Then he'd likely owe the fox an apology for scaring away whatever it had been that he was chasing. Breathlessly Remi tried to cover the ground, but of course running in snow was taxing and difficult especially if you'd never really done it before. Still, his heart sang with the possibility that he might finally have found his friend after all of this time, and that spike of adrenaline easily overcame whatever protests his muscles might be making.

REMI
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ludo

The sound of the snow churning up beneath Remi's legs as he ran caught the fox's attention instantly - it popped up out of the snow, nose sniffing at the air, golden eyes pinned on the alchemist.

Any ordinary vulpine would have bolted at the mere sight of such an occurrence, but not this one; that in itself might have given the game away that it was not like other animals. Then it sprung up from the ground and darted towards Remi, inky paws lost in the snowfall.

Remi!

The telepathic link was clear, Ianto's lilting accent wrapping around the familiar name like an embrace. Speaking of which, the fox wasn't stopping. And he fully expected the fuss he had gone so sorely without whilst he had been a missing poster pinned to the Notice board.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Emotion course through the alchemist. It hit him like a wave after an eternity in the desert. Ianto had been so many wonderful and confusing things to him that the mere sound of his voice in Remi's head—the delightfully melodic way the fox said his name—all but broke Remi in the best way possible.

As the fox nimbly raced forward, Remi dropped to his knees despite the snow, arms wide to receive his friend. He'd probably come to regret that once the cold set in, but for the moment the alchemist could not have cared about anything less. Instead he wrapped his arms around his friend's small body, encircling him in a jubilant hug and burying his face into the soft crimson fur.

"I have been looking for you everywhere." Remi said scolding, but of course the smile in his words was a clear giveaway that he couldn't be farther from upset. Immediately his fingers roamed through the fox's pelt, diving beneath the layers of fur to the boy underneath. "Where have you been?" The alchemist asked finally, a touch breathlessly due to just how hard his heart was hammering.

REMI
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

Ianto all but barrelled into Remi as a bundle of soft, red fur and happy yapping, the fox squirming in his arms in an attempt to lick his face or chew his ear or any of the other wild behaviours he couldn't seem to resist while in shift. Eventually he buried a soft head beneath the alchemist's chin, an ear twitching against his throat as Remi's voice thrummed out.

Lost. I was lost, he explained softly, snuffling about behind his ear and shifting to flop back in his arms, pulling his paws up so Remi could scritch his fingers into his fur.

I came from out there... He glanced towards the barrier, all but lounging in the alchemist's hug. Shall I show you?

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Not for the first time in their friendship Remi was completely oblivious as to the implication of Ianto's behaviours while in his shift. The licking, the biting, the squirming would all have entirely different reactions from the alchemist, but as for now, all he could do was laugh and continue to fuss over his friend despite the extreme wiggliness.

Gazing down with a softly concerned expression, Remi cradled the back of Ianto's head as if he were a baby, while the other gently danced along his exposed belly.

"Out there?" Remi asked, clearly confused. Glancing up into the thick whiteness that surrounded them, he furrowed his brows before dropping his gaze back down. "But the barrier kills if you get too close? I've felt it myself?"

REMI
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

Ianto let out a yip of appreciation as he was cradled in the crook of Remi's arm, lolling into the alchemist and kicking a leg happily at the fingers that plunged into the soft, white fur of his belly. Out there, he confirmed again, wiggling and rolling out of Remi's arms and back into the snow. Ianto bounded a few steps, leaving tiny, deep pawprints, before he glanced over his shoulder to the other shapechanger.

It didn't hurt me, he said simply, as if that was all the proof he required. In moments, where a fox had been standing, a copper haired merchant rose to his feet in the vulpine's place. Ianto's green eyes gleamed with warmth, and he held out a hand to Remi. "Come on," he said. "I'll show you where it's safe to cross."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

With a sly smile Remi tried to maintain his balance as the fox nimbly leaped out of his arms. Narrowing his eyes against the snow-glare, Remi looked towards the barrier as if the gap Ianto was referring to would suddenly become visible. However his attention was drastically and dramatically recalled as the fox turned back into a man. Inhaling a breath of icy air Remi shivered but not from the cold. It had been so long since he'd seen those blue eyes staring back at him that for a moment he forgot about anything else.

And then memories came crashing back down.

Of blankets and teeth and firsts.

Lashing fluttering stupidly, Remi released the breath he'd inadvertently been holding as he slipped his hand easily into Ianto's. "Later." The alchemist chuckled, tugging back playfully. "I am not dressed for adventuring. Besides, I have so much to show you. A real shop for one. Come. We can talk tonight and explore tomorrow."

REMI
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

"You aren't? But you are dressed for walking out here in the deep snow. That's good enough for me. And besides, you could always go on the wing." Ianto flashed his friend a golden grin, tugging back just as playfully, though he pulled hard enough that, unless the alchemist stopped himself, he'd be drawn right up to the fox. "Please," Ianto said, giving his hand a warm squeeze. What's out there is just... you won't believe it. Come with me, just for a few moments."

His blue eyes glimmered with curiosity and promise, and he stepped out towards the barrier again, smiling. "A few minutes is all I ask. After that I'll come right back with you, to your shop, and I'll not leave until sun up." The smile slanted, becoming very crooked indeed, and he tipped Remi a wink.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Snorting slightly, Remi shook his head. "I am dressed for a stroll up the street and am merely pretending that I am not freezing." Remi chuckled, raising a foot and shaking it slightly to demonstrate just how much snow was packed in the top of his boots.

Not expecting such a demanding pull, Remi indeed stumbled forward finding himself eye to eye with his roof-inspecting, star-naming, tea-shop opening friend. Blinking rapidly as he sucked in a breath, his eyes scanned the impossibly rugged contours of Ianto's face. Releasing the air slightly raggedly, Remi tilted his head with a smile. "Why won't I believe it? Because it is another of your tall tales?" He asked with a crooked grin, leaning back and rolling his eyes playfully.

"Why are you so bent on doing this now?" The alchemist asked, his arm stretching outwards as Ianto pulled back, not wanting to let go.

REMI
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

"Then perhaps you should stand a little closer, share the warmth and all that," Ianto fired back with a cheeky grin, arching an eyebrow as he and Remi were pulled eye to eye and letting his smile soften. "I missed you," he murmured, blue eyes shining against the brightness of the snow. He swiped his coppery hair out of his face, turning again as if to proceed with Remi out of the blasted barrier and into freedom.

As the hawk let the distance stretch between them again and it was clear that he wasn't going to take the stroll with Ianto, the fox frowned at his feet. "Because," he said, "if you don't do this now, you might not die out here in the snow with me. And then what will your poor mother say?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi felt something inside of himself melt just a little at that. Squeezing gently against Ianto's fingers in his own, he thought that sharing some of the fox's warmth sounded like one of the best ideas he'd heard in a very long time. Staring into those eyes that he'd seen so many times and from so many angles, he bit the inside of his lip to keep from either moaning or laughing stupidly as the merchant spoke again. "And I you." Remi said, laughter and relief spilling from his lips as his pale stare searched the deep blue depths of his friend's gaze.

For a heartbreaking moment the smile on Remi's face remained, even as his face tilted ever so slightly away. Horror deepened his gaze as colour rushed towards his cheek, already quite rosey given the temperature and the handsome fox before him. Blinking, his smile fell away as a coldness crept into his bones far more saturating than anything the elements could do.

Exhaling a puff of white air, Remi felt his fingers tremble in Ianto's grip as he stuttered backwards a step, fumbling and almost losing his footing, but never taking his eyes off of that blue stare. "No.." He whispered. Disbelieving, or simply not willing to let himself be fooled again, Remi shook his head defiantly. "No...not you....not..."

Remi's eyes snapped back into focus even as his lashes fluttered with tears that wanted to surface despite the freezing air. Grinding his teeth, Remi pulled his fingers from Ianto's Ludo's and tilted his chin upwards in some bizarre act of defiance. "Does that mean ... does that mean Ianto is dead?" Remi asked, voice breathy with emotion and uncertainty.

REMI
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

"If you had only taken that walk with me... you'd have seen all of us again. You'd have been with Mort, safe and without pain." Ianto's lilting voice spilled Ludo's words with a warmth that the god was likely not capable of making, and he continued to hold the pale green of the other man's stare as if he was truly concerned for him. After a while Ludo could not keep up the pretense, however, and Ianto's face pulled into an amused grin.

A harsh, freezing wind blew up around them, and through Ianto, as if he were made of nothing. In fact, he was, and he scattered to the breeze like he was never there at all.

"It means that you think he is dead, deep, deep down." Ludo's voice this time, from behind the alchemist. If Remi turned he would find the masked being rolling some snow into a ball with one of the black, fabric tendrils that roiled around it like a stain on the white landscape.

"How do you like your new power, sweetling? Does it suit you well?"