The Embrace
Phizarae Ephereia

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: delreid Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

all of me is damned. From earliest beginnings, my fate has been solitude- elegant solitude, elegant loneliness. I let it walk into me like a cathedral, down its isle- wedding bells sound in the secret place of my heart.

Phizarae Ephereia was weary, a petal on a decaying rose. Though she dreamt she had avoided the haze of hell with one deft stroke, the ripping of her body down to its molecules - oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium - followed by the cutting vault from one planet to another before lastly having these millions of parts hurled back together revealed just how incorrect she truly was.

Where am I?

Was it foolish to believe some entity had seen her scarred wounds and had kissed her till they nearly bled once more, allowing her to fly away on wings scorched to start anew? From the ivory bone of her core to the white lace dress that veiled it, she wished for something different; she dreamed of inciting her own metamorphosis.

She had once estimated she'd seen it all, from red and prodigious blooms only curated by blade to the moaning thoughts of a mind hardly capable of ruling its inherited castle composed of pale flesh and silver hair. Now as the soles of her pearly shoes leave their marks in the snow only to be smoothed over by the tail of her opulent dress, in a planet entirely foreign to her own, she concedes that she must truly know nothing of the universe's horrors.

Oh! to be plunged from her own understanding and twisted out of the ash into a far greater appetite, where the only thing she knows is real are the pearl chains that loop back and forth around the waves of her silver hair, the delicate white lace that forms around her porcelain skin in the shape of an a-line dress, and the alabaster tulle gloves she wears with careful diligence.

"."
Phizarae
the winteress
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005

Noah Olson

Memories sweet whispers are all that we'll have left
So fall into these arms tonight and share this one last breath

The only way that Noah went towards the Fangs was in his reindeer form. In his human form it was too dangerous. The cold could grab him and hold him without mercy in seconds. His reindeer form, however, had the ability to sustain much colder temperatures. He was blessed to have received such a gift of a shift from the gods he did not know, and he needed to show his thankfulness for that. When he attuned he was so young, and his knowledge and training of the gods was pitiful. Even his last visit to a shrine was a testimony to his life -- he received nothing of what he wanted, and walked away with a curse.

Noah did not expect to see what he did in the shadow of the mountains. Before him loomed a creature he thought at first to be a ghost, but upon further inspection he saw her for what she was: a woman. A dangerously under-dressed woman. The white dress that clung to her and drifted behind her in the snow offered no protection here in the Deepfrost season. Picking up to a trot, Noah grunted at her, trying to grab her attention. His head was lacking a rack at this time of the year, but he swung it in a grand gesture to entice the woman to follow him. They needed to get back to the Citadel, or else this woman would die here in the snow and there would be nothing Noah could do.

Bring on the comets
Phizarae Ephereia

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

all of me is damned. From earliest beginnings, my fate has been solitude- elegant solitude, elegant loneliness. I let it walk into me like a cathedral, down its isle- wedding bells sound in the secret place of my heart.

Among the dunes of slush and glacier, where many benevolent things have withered and vanished, was an omen. It beckoned her in muteness, articulating remarkably distinctly with no susurration. It did not bleat to her as its brethren have in days that have long ago arrived and passed, the vastly eternal presence of infinite time conducting nature as it always had. "Rangifer," she cried cautiously, the word threatening to spiral elsewhere in the snowflake flurries.

Phizarae reached her scantily gloved hand towards the caribou as the weather slithered beneath her garments, bitterly sharp and cruel - an enchanting combination. She had no intention to touch the animal, for so much can be expressed with no words and so much can be felt with no contact. Breath blanch against the numbing air, she blinked as the frost fondled her wind-whipped cheeks once more.

Hell had always been envisaged as a path so congested with blood, appalling destruction, savagery, and tragedy that you could bite down on it like penuche. It was a declaration to terrorize innocents who transgressed; to invoke a fantasy of blazing incubi whose barbed extremities thrashed as wings threatened to consume any man that risked standing before them. Though perhaps it truly wasn't so, for surely sitting in the snow and waiting for the coldness to slow your heart to the point it cannot pump blood adequately enough through sandpaper veins was Hell in its own right.

The choice became easy; she followed the caribou, the faintest of smiles blessing her lapis lips.

"."
Phizarae
the winteress
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Noah Olson

His worry increased as he approached her. Despite his grunting and attempt to make the woman move, she merely reached a hand out toward him and spoke. He grunted, louder, the intensity increasing as he leapt forward slightly and pounded front hooves in the snow before her. He did not understand why her own panic was not rising to the surface. Did she not know that this cold, this snow, this ice, could take her life in mere seconds? He grunted again, swinging his head and shaking his massive neck. She needed to follow him. He tried to reach out towards her mentally, over the attuned bond, but only silence filled his mind. She was not a shifter.

After what seemed like an eternity, the woman did finally take a step in the direction Noah intended. He bellowed his delight and moved up to her, pressing his shoulder against her body, his massive head and neck curling under a delicate arm. He intended to support her and guide her back to the safety of his city. The Citadel may be in crumbles compared to the glory it stood in mere weeks ago, but it was warm and safe and better than the tundra. He moved forward, then, continuing the woman would just walk with him as fast as she could manage. His head pounded in his chest, thinking of all the things that could go wrong in their travels. His eyes constantly moved around, ears rotating like satellite dishes upon his head. The cold was enough for them to worry about--they did not need a pack of wolves or a ursur to come bring their demise.

Bring on the comets
Phizarae Ephereia

Change author:

Around her, it was an irate hurricane of screeching sterling flakes. Within her mind, however, was a conflict of a considerably less tangible variety. Confusion had embroidered itself throughout her consciousness from the instant she had emerged here. Nothing soothed this psychological chaos, (unsurprisingly) not even the peculiar reindeer that spurred her through the snow to... somewhere.

Part of her had always maintained that the cosmos granted its occupants specifically what they were prepared for at the precise time they required it, but in no way did Phizarae truly believe this was required for her to propel into the subsequent phase of her life. This concept pointed to another, reasonably more sweeping, thought that not everything was meant to be elegant and long-lasting, including herself. She toyed noiselessly with the notion that this was where it was assumed to end for her and that the reindeer was only some manner of bulky fault in fate's all-encompassing plan.

Regardless, Phizarae extended her gloved fingers further and hobbled forwards, guiding herself towards the creature and ultimately leaning on it for the aid it so willingly provided her. All she could do now was allow whatever was about to transpire next happen.

The spectacle of snowfall around them raged without end, only degrading its brutality for sparse and transient flashes to muster fervor for the following onslaughts and yet, through the entire ordeal, Phizarae could only continue to ask herself one question: have I lost my mind?

"."
Phizarae
the winteress
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

In Noah's opinion, yes, the woman had lost her mind. He wasn't sure exactly why she was out here, but he was confident that she just didn't know how dangerous it was for her to be. The only thing that kept this woman alive until Noah found her was either sheer luck or some protection from the gods. Either way, he knew they could not stay.

When she finally leaned against him, Noah wasted no time. He moved as quickly as he could without toppling the woman over or dragging her behind him. They needed to get to the safety of Snowcloak. Noah lowered his head and narrowed his eyes against the wind, pressing forward without stopping. His mind ran over different plans for different scenarios: what he would do if she passed out, what he would do if a predator found them, etc.

His ears twitched, listening through the howling wind as best as he could for any signs of danger.

--FINISHED! To be continued, here: https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=3614

Bring on the comets