sweet venom in sleeping ears
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Clemente
run, love
i'm the truth that you're afraid of
"Never enter the Greatwood." Wessex's voice is unmistakable, the warnings on the Notice Board (his choice of learning material) all resounding within his brain. Standing at the border between the Grounds and the Greatwood, Clem digs the toe of his shoe into the snow, biting his lip until both top fangs poke out.

He wants to go in. Of course he does, like any stupid teenager who doesn't believe in their own mortality. But he respects Wessex too much to disobey her either. So instead he merely stands there, unaware he's still dressed in Torchline-light clothes and far too much of a sore thumb. He doesn't have anywhere to be, had only come to the Grounds to visit Bastien and Rexanna, but he finds himself transfixed by the towering trees nonetheless.
i'm the fever that you can't get down
Just a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Change author:
i am not violent
i am not malicious
Her first mission has already been plotted. Nephele is a scientist, a scholar, and she hopes her mind will be as much of a weapon as the chakrams upon her wrists. As such, she conceals her wings against her back, a thick parka overtop effectively making her appear like any other redheaded woman. Totally human. And her lack of magic is all the easier to explain away as an Accepted.

She is leaving the copse of trees on foot when she spots the figure on the far side of the border. A curious brow rises at the stillness, the badly concealed energy that speaks of wanting to do something but holding back. It's not what she was counting on, but since it has been dropped in her lap...

Approaching, she flips the fur-crested hood back to reveal her face. It's a boy, quite young, but her eyes instantly fall to the fangs revealed as he worries his lip. Fighting to keep her face from changing as she moves closer. "Are you visiting? I just came back myself." Aiming for an awkward cadence, a hopeful look in her eyes as if seeking to find a fellow soul in him
i am merely
a result
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Clemente
run, love
He's not expecting a wingless woman to come walking out of the trees. Though...well, he supposes the Fae had said anyone could visit the Greatwood so long as they were not Ascended. A sting of jealousy pokes at his stomach, but he watches her with quiet, pale eyes as she approaches. She seems uncertain, conflicted, and he feels awkward next to her diminutive form. But at least she seems kindly enough, and he latches onto the topic with gusto.

"Whatsit like in there? I can't go in," he admits with a self-conscious shrug. Were he human, perhaps he'd clasp his arms about himself, hiding away from the cold and the accusation both. But he is too used to being nerveless now, can't even remember how much he used to despise and fear the cold.
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
i am not violent
i am not malicious
He is a convincing creature. Cloaked in youth and innocence, with a twang of his voice and the eagerness only the very young can possess without encroaching upon irritating territory. Nevertheless, it does not fool Nephele. The creature is not human, and certainly not a child. Perhaps once it had been, before The Voice had ruined it and propped it up as a guileless pawn. It's difficult to conceal her disgust, recalling the bodies of her people around the Máthair, the portal that now desecrates it. But Nephele has always been an impeccable actress. This is simply her most important show.

"Beautiful," she gushes on a breathy exhale, still clinging to that flustered motif. Shrugging her small shoulders and plucking at the hem of her coat to avert her eyes - to better conceal any flaws in her act, though the creature will hopefully mark it up to shyness. "Why can't you go in? I thought...oh. Are you Ascended, then?" She wrinkles her nose unpleasantly, but lends the truth of her disgust to the fake idea that she is unhappy with the Fae for their exclusion. "That's stupid. I'm sorry. Can your family get stuff for you? They have some cool stalls." Prodding with gentle, invisible fingers for information.
i am merely
a result
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Change author:
Clemente
run, love
Clem can't look away from her, so small and pretty and yet with an age and elegance to her face that makes something inside him wary and confused. But she's so kind, he doesn't know how to handle that instinctive urge when there seems to be no grounds for it.

He hangs on every word, and her empathy makes him smile shyly. Clemente hasn't met many outwardly negative people when he has revealed his race, but he knows they exist. At least she doesn't seem to be one of them, and he forcibly ignores that warning sign, determined to make The Voice proud and try to encourage open-mindedness. "Nah, 'm an orphan. But my big brother is an Ascended too, he can't go in either. Maybe his partner could though, he's Attuned." The names of the races are still somewhat strange to him, but it grows more familiar the longer he lives in Caido. Shrugging with a large, sharp motion that underscores his own lack of elegance. "They live in Torchline though, Sunjata's some sorta bigshot government guy. They prolly wouldn't come all th' way here just to get me some toys. Clem flashes a lopsided, toothy grin at the small woman. "Gotta survive on what ya tell me 'bout it."
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
i am not violent
i am not malicious
An orphan. Or perhaps merely plucked from his nest by The Voice? There is little difference, considering that what had once been a boy's future has now been razed to ash, souring innocence into an insurgent. Ah, but apparently the overglorified robot has a brother. A far better target, and though a name is not given for the Ascended, there's another yet to be shared. Sunjata. Torchline. Government. All of it she packs away gleefully behind a vaguely interested facade. Not wanting too stray too far on either side of the spectrum and set him running.

"Government? That's a big job. What does your brother do, then?" Head cocking to the side curiously, wondering just how much more she can pluck from his mind. He will live today, of that she must resolve herself to. Far more useful as a source of information than a body lying condemningly on the Greatwood's shores.
i am merely
a result
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Change author:
Clemente
run, love
Clemente can't help puffing up like a prideful bird at the compliment. He quite likes Sunjata (though there's absolutely no contest in terms of who he loves more between the two men) and the man deserves this stranger's praise. But so does Nate, and he's quick to fix that particular oversight. "Nate's a doctor!" he gushes, flaxen gaze bright with hero worship. "He's gunna set up a clinic 'n everything. If y'ever wanna visit." Growing immediately flustered at the implication he gives a full body shake like an anxious little dog. "Not that y'look sick or nothin'! Jus' for like...medicines and stuff." Clemente has enough manners in his body to not insult a pretty lady. Or at least not to her face.
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
i am not violent
i am not malicious
She blinks quickly, conveying her excitement into surprise and interest. "Yes, actually. I'm a botanist, I'd love to meet him. Where can I find his clinic?" The bumbling backtrack inspires a tinkling, melodic laugh. Oh you poor, ruined thing. If only you had not been so unfairly tainted. But for now she leaves the child be, instead listening keenly to the instructions the creature spells out for her, nodding along politely.

When the time comes to depart, she waves kindly over her shoulder, and as she turns away she hides the wicked grin that steals across her pretty face

- FIN
i am merely
a result