There's Not Enough Time in the Day
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Age: 40 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Elias
The merchant had left his stall in the hands of his son and thought about how nice it would be to be able to offload new cargo into a shop, one location, no shuffling it back and forth. How it would feel to fulfill his father's dream, of a permanently placed location. His father had never gotten to see it through, but Elias walked towards the governor's home with determination.

He knocked on the door, and he waited. After all, the man had all but pointed out his home, and rumors circulated. He was pretty sure this was the home he'd first met Remi at. Ah, how he'd almost blundered that day, talking to the man before he'd known who he was.

Alas, no harm had come of it. He had blueprints in his hand, ones he'd made, trying to put his father's vision into reality. And... he still needed to speak to Remi about Phoebe. He needed to learn more about her, and some tips might really help.

Seren
My feet feel so weary,
The miles feel so weary,
Without you by my side,
So I'll pick this purple flower,
For the day we reunite.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
A moment of silence followed, then it was broken by the sound of running feet. The handle was pushed down, but the person who opened was decidedly not Remi. Too small. Too raven-haired, too blue of eye. They didn't even have the freckles in common.

Oh, and this was decidedly a girl. One who had just been in the middle of a small earth explosion, if the soil on her hands, clothes, face and feet were an indication. She gazed up at the stranger on the doorstep with mingled curiosity and annoyance, and swiped a bare foot along the naked shin of the opposite leg. Scratching an itch, that only left her stained with more dirt. Wet, sticky, full of plant matter. There was a trail of it littering the hallway that lead back into the house, in the general direction of her room.

"Hello. Who are you?" she asked, her childish voice cheerful. As if just waiting for a reason to smile and laugh.
Come with the night the science of fighting
The forces of gravity
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Age: 40 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Elias
"Oh. Hello!" He smiles brightly at the girl. "I'm Elias. I'm looking for Remi. Is he home?" He supposed it made sense the governor had a family. Though he'd not heard any whispers about a daughter, but then, not every rumor was true, was it?

"I've got some plans, for a shop I think I'll build, and wanted his opinions." He doesn't bother mentioning the more personal reason, the reason that the blueprints cover up, for wanting to see Remi. After all, she is just a child, and probably knows nothing of the affairs of love.

Probably best that way. Romance was proving to be sticky as honey.
My feet feel so weary,
The miles feel so weary,
Without you by my side,
For the day we reunite.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren
Ooh, so it was one of them. The girl's expression brightened into a smile, and she pushed the door open a bit more. Small and slender, she wore baggy, loose-fitting clothes that looked like they might fit a much larger child, or one who grew a lot.

"Oh! Yeah, he is home, but he is seeing people right now. You came to the wrong door, his work is over there." Stepping outbarefoot on the gravelly path, she pointed around the house to the newly built east wing. A side path led off around a corner, and a sign half hidden in an overgrown shrub directed goveror business to the office.

Looking back to the visitor, Seren eyed him curiously. He wore more clothes than most other Torchliners she had encountered, and the black beard was very impressive.

"I am Seren. What kind of shop do you want to make?" Technically she was supposed to show him the way and then leave the poor guy alone and safe from her endless questions.

But what would be the fun in that?
The forces of gravity
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Change author:
Elias
"Well, hello Seren!" Elias adored children, "I did not know Remi had a daughter," he commented, studying the little girl. She was lovely. "Well, I sell all sorts of things. Gems and jewelry, furniture, clothing." He shrugged, "I think having a proper location would make it easier to have people buy things from us."

The docks were crowded with vendors and booths, his was one of those as well. The girl's questions hardly bothered him, as Elias had raised a boy of his own; who once upon a time had asked questions like it was his job.
My feet feel so weary,
The miles feel so weary,
Without you by my side,
For the day we reunite.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Blinking up at the man, the girl tilted her head with a slightly questioning look. "Remi is not my dad?" she said, calmly accepting the rules of her little family. "Remi is just Remi. My dad is Ronin."

Her eyes, bright blue and nearly luminous, lit up at the account of the things he sold. "It sounds like a pirate treasure!" she laughed, and pushed open the door a bit further so she could come out to stand on the broad stone slab before the entrance. It was cool under her bare feet, but Seren enjoyed the sensation. "I hope you can open your shop. I can show the way to the office if you want? It's this way."

Leaving the front door open, Seren skipped off towards the path and waved for Elias to follow, distracted from her botany experiments by the prospect of company.
The forces of gravity
Elias Vaughn
Merchant

Change author:
Elias
Elias studied the child as she corrected him, humming. "I see, I see. Apologies." Strange, but not unheard of. After all, Elias had raised a child that was not his, perhaps something similar was happening here.

She declared that it sounded like a treasure, and he shrugged. "Maybe it is, who knows?" Children were such amusing little creatures. As she offered to show the way to the office, he followed hands in his pockets.

"Thank you very much, Seren." Elias would wait outside the office since Seren had said that Remi was with another person at the moment, not that he minded waiting.
My feet feel so weary,
The miles feel so weary,
Without you by my side,
For the day we reunite.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
"It's okay, everyone thinks so. I love him lots, but he's my sister's dad, and it's important." Seren bounced happily down the trail, leading Elias to a bench where he could sit down.

She kept him company as he waited, chattering conversationally about her gardening attempts and the treasures she hoarded, and asked leading questions about his gems and jewelry to see if he was a pirate too, like so many of her friends.

But eventually the previous appointment ended, and as his turn came to do business - or whatever Remi did with people in his office - Seren returned inside.

--------

- Fin
The forces of gravity