(SE) so we light up (O)
open!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
you should know, that i'm a ticking time bomb
and you're getting close
Just when he’d thought he’d heal relatively well from the wound to his gut – the stitches now out to try and finish healing the rest of the way – he ends up getting shot in the neck with an arrow, starting the whole process over once more. At least this one didn’t require stitches, it just… Required bandaging and fixing, waiting until it worked out its issues on its own. Still didn’t mean it didn’t fucking hurt every time he went to talk, every time he moved too much or exercised too much. He could feel his heartbeat thundering in the wound, hissing and wincing as he went, though it meant little in comparison to what he'd gone through with Nate as of late.

This time, however, unlike the last time with the thieves and the one that attacked Nate, he arrives in the Port accompanied. Haai is at his heels, the griffin’s wings tucked in tight as she bounces on her paws with him along the dock, as he spends time glancing into the different shops for something that seemed to peak some sort of interest. He’d noticed James recently, at the party and when they’d all gathered to ask Safrin about the canals, and gods the guy looked like he hadn’t even changed out of the clothes he’d seen him in, what? Last LongNight?

But the man had been right about the beach, about the ocean, had gotten his hopes up. The least he could do was send him something nice. So he peeks his head into the varying shops while it drizzles an almost warm rain outside, in search of some sort of change of clothes so that James might have something else to switch into. If nothing else it at least gives him something else to focus on aside from the endless spirals he seemed to endure, and he's sure Nate's sick of the books he kept coming home with. Might as well expend some of his energy on someone else.
so better watch your step, because i'm about to blow
and where the pieces land i guess we'll never know
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
VAI
The huntress
Vai's only real experience of marketplaces were those that the fae set up along the Stonesong, given that she wasn't allowed into the Sidhe Village (and maybe one day that would change, who knew). It had been years since she'd been to a real one, and gods but Torchline did not disappoint. The huntress had been meandering through the stalls despite the rain, her curls braided back out of her face, her leather and fur soaking much of the water to keep her dry.

She'd also been browsing the fabrics and the other clothes when a familiar head caught her attention, different now by virtue of the fact that there wasn't an arrow sticking out of it. Lips parting as if considering whether to call out to him, Vai took a second. Sunjata looked like shit, but then if he was still recovering that would definitely explain it.

Chewing her bottom lip, she finally came to a decision and ducked out from where she'd been browsing to stand at his elbow, acting as if she was engrossed in what he was looking at. "I owe you a very strong drink. Maybe a few of them," she said, her voice warm and cheerful, at odds with his brooding. "When we're done here, care to join me?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
and you're getting close
The last thing Sunjata expects is to have attention brought onto him aside from the ordinary. The next last thing he expects is a presence at his side as he picks up a folded shirt, thin and smooth, almost as if it’s silk. But he can feel a presence there, letting his steel gaze slip toward the woman at his side – taking a moment to reflect and remember, hands around his neck, healing after pulling an arrow out of his neck.

For a moment he contemplates making some sort of comment about her appearing here out of all of the days he’d ventured here, but he bites it down as she mentions a drink and he drops the silk shirt to turn to her a bit more fully – a small smile crossing his face, lacking any of the brightness, warmth, and amusement it otherwise would. “A few of them is a perfect enough deal for me.” He hums to her, a ghost of a smirk crossing his face.

Then he’s turning back to the next stall, imagining that she’ll join him. “If you find anything you like, let me know. I can fetch us a good bargain.” He offers, tipping her a wink even if it also lacks any mirth. He finds a slightly thicker shirt then, still soft, but billowy and cut in such a way that he could almost imagine James wearing it and tattering it and tearing it – before his gaze is lifting to the merchant to hash out a deal.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
VAI
The huntress
She didn't glance up until he looked across at her, the huntress smiling in return, though hers was much more natural. "It's a date," she said playfully, returning her gaze to the shirt he plucked up; she meanwhile went to admire a scarf made of light and airy material. Perfect to keep warm in the (sort of) colder climes of Deepfrost in Torchline, but also to provde shade when it was warmer.

"If you could bargain for this as well, I'd appreciate it." She nodded to Sunjata and held up the garment. Waiting for him to hash out a deal (she had a few things she might trade, depending on what the merchant required), she stepped back out from under the cover of the stall. "How are you doing?" she asked, obviously meaning the wound in his neck. "It's nice to hear complete sentences from you, y'know."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
The ‘it’s a date’ comment does spark a quiet hum of a laugh to slip from his throat – a sort of amused smirk crossing his face. Despite his mood, this sort of playful banter usually did wonders to get him to push it away, to swallow it down until he doesn’t have to look upon the dark shitty thoughts that attempted to return to his mind. He offers a light nod to her, before he’s found a shirt and moves to the merchant, to chat about a deal.

Vai’s scarf is added into the mix, and after a few moments of him talking to the merchant – extra support and safety due to recent events added into the mix, Sunjata manages to get away with the two items in hand after a decent amount of back and forth bartering – reaching over to place the scarf on Vai’s neck. “It still fucking hurts.” He rumbles to her with a small laugh. “But it’s manageable.” A tilt of his head to that, to show off the wound and how it’s healing. "Thanks for the healing, by the way. Never was a fan of the taste of blood in my mouth."
SuNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
VAI
The huntress
Raising an eyebrow at the ease at which Sunjata procured their items, Vai could only nod in gratitude to him, the scarf draped around her neck and the merchant and customers both satisfied. "I bet it does," she said, wrinkling her nose at the still healing wound and sighing, vowing to be more careful whenever she next set foot into any forest to hunt. But they were done shopping, and it was time to hold up her end of the bargain. Vai had heard of the Hanged Man of course, by now, and her steps took them in that direction unless Sunjata had objections to it.

"It was the least I could do," she said, waving off his thanks for her healing magic. "You wouldn't have needed it if not for me, after all." Still, she couldn't help but smirk at his next comment. "You speak like you've had blood in your mouth enough times to know that you're not a fan of it," she remarked.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
The steps Vai takes toward the Hanged Man are quite familiar to Sunjata – easily falling into step beside the witch. There’s a quiet hum of a laugh that leaves him when she wrinkles her nose at the wound, before looking ahead. She accepts the thanks, even if she waves it off, and his head tilts back a small amount as he considers it before a quiet chuckle slips from him, replacing the bitterness of his mood with something else to focus on. “Well, I didn’t exactly help myself any either. There’s no predators that would take those out in the jungle out here aside from hunters, so I thought I was safe.” He hums before his head tilts back toward her at the next comment.

There’s a look that crosses his face, a slight purse of his lips as he can’t help the smirk that crosses his face. “Let’s just say nearly all the last ten years for me have been nothing but blood in my mouth.” An easier explanation, since he’d won his Trial and his father had made him go out and enforce, then becoming a picture for the resistance. Still didn’t mean he liked to remember the iron on his tongue.
SuNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
VAI
The huntress
”Aha, maybe there are more hunters in the jungle than you know about,” Vai said with a smirk, seeming unbothered by the rain. The Hanged Man would be warm enough, and they could dry off once they were under cover. Casting a sidelong look at Sunjata, she couldn’t help but notice the smirk; without thinking, she leant in to nudge him in the side with her elbow. ”Well, I’m sorry to hear that. No one should have to live thinking that is normal.”

Absently running her fingers across the scarf, Vai fell quiet to enjoy the rain and the walk, not speaking again until she was pushing open the doors to the Hanged Man. Warmth and noise reached out to greet them, and the huntress nodded to a more secluded table in the corner. ”What do you drink?” she asked. ”I’ll bring it over.”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
A hum of a laugh is given toward Vai, finding it to be a fair enough statement to be made. And even still, the smile fades a small amount but remains as she nudges him in the side – while he feels the pressure of her sharp elbow jabbing him in the soft space of his skin right above his hip. “Ah, hey.” He replies easily, the amused smile fading even further as she comments that it shouldn’t be considered normal. Which… Fair enough.

His life growing up wasn’t exactly normal.

But they’re in the Hanged Man now, and she’s gesturing toward the table and he follows the guidance – shifting the clothes he’d gotten into his other hand. Glancing over his shoulder toward her, he offers her a playful grin. “Whiskey, if they’ve got it.” He tips his head with an almost knowing look before slipping into the seat and sprawling out a small amount – leaning back as his arm moves to rest against the back of the chair. Curiously, he spends the time while she’s gone eyeing the rest of the interior of the Hanged Man.
SuNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
VAI
The huntress
”Whisky, huh? A hard liquor man,” Vai noted with a grin, nodding and heading off to the bar to order for them. She unlooped her new scarf from about her neck so she didn’t get too warm, the huntress enjoying the strange familiarity of a tavern and taking her time in ordering. When she did return, it was with a glass of whisky for Sunjata and a mug of beer for herself. Slumping into a seat, she shook damp curls out of her face.

”Let me know if you need a refill,” she said. ”One drink doesn’t exactly make up for shooting you in the neck. By the way, how’s your ever-so-broody friend?” A smile curled across her lips; she couldn’t have meant anyone other than Nate.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
He’s half tempted to tell her it’s his go-to drink, has been for a long while, but he keeps it buried beneath his tongue as he focuses on her departure to get said drinks and his own inhabiting of the table in the corner. He nearly drapes out completely, settled and waits for her to return, not caring or minding how long it takes for her to come back. He’s got enough to focus on with the eyes that seem to linger on him occasionally before departing – rumors spreading as per the norm.

But she returns and he settles in the seat with a bit better posture – a hum of agreement leaving him with a tip of his head. But as she questions Nate, he swallows down a deep drink of the whiskey. “He’s good. I’ve been trying to stay out of trouble just to keep him sane.” Sunjata rumbles with a quiet breathy laugh – trying to bypass the fact that Nate was in no shape to handle… Well, any other trauma than what he already has.
SuNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
VAI
The huntress
His words were airy and calm, but the way he drank so deeply from the whisky said something else entirely. Vai, at least, was not the sort to pry at sore points, and she sipped at her beer and offered him a crooked grin. ”That’s very considerate of you,” she said. ”And how is it going, keeping out of trouble for him?” A glance around the bar showed mixed signals at best, and she leant back in her seat as she caught someone very quickly looking away at seeing her watching them.

”I didn’t realise you were quite so popular,” she said. ”Should I be worried that someone else will approach me, angry that I stuck an arrow in you?” It was a joke, but that didn’t mean it couldn’t be true.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
So far? Not great.” He replies with an easy laugh, masking up any other worries and frustrations that glimmer in his chest at the recollection that Nate isn’t quite the easy-going person he was before. So Sunjata drinks a bit deeper from the whiskey, before setting it down on the table. He keeps his attention on her, not straying unless he has to, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

But then her comment has him laughing a small amount more, shaking his head. “Exact opposite actually.” He offers her with a smaller grin, leaning forward to rest an elbow over the table to eye her easily. “Might get some considerable gifts for having done it.” A quiet laugh leaves him though it doesn’t make any of the words any less true.
SuNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
VAI
The huntress
”I wish I could say I was surprised. Ought to put you on house arrest until you can be trusted not to wander into trouble,” Vai said brightly, her smile easy as she glanced back to Sunjata, though the way he slammed back the drink did have her raising an eyebrow. ”I hardly think you’re the most hated person around, else they wouldn’t have you in here, eh?” She settled her attention back on him, ignoring the eyes still landing on them every now and then.

”Shall I get us a bottle and we’ll drink while we walk?” she suggested, her smirk a little more crooked now. ”Personally I find it tastes better without an audience.” Vai was already getting to her feet, nodding to the small amount of whiskey in the bottom of his glass as if to tell him to finish up. ”You’ll have to tell me all about your bad reputation.”