Personal Quest hold a weight
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
Mid-morning vestiges and ethers, the sun high enough to cast some height amongst chill, snow, and ice, a day meant for dutiful ambitions and aspirations. With only a few weeks left until LongNight, the Sword wanted to ensure the Temple was prepped, ready, and capable of withholding the amount of people meant to be sheltered within, adequately supplied, and safe. Matters and situations couldn’t happen again like last year’s. Doors weren’t going to be opened. Rules, regulations, and reminders would be put in place. Reliving days spent amidst monsters, fires, and then scattering like the wind hadn’t left grand impressions on anyone in the vicinity. It was a history that didn’t need repeating.

Already work had been established over the past month though, supplies of food from hunts, the snow moss carpets and rugs, singing and cajoling to the luxere; the community coming together, solidifying even if some would be hastening off to Torchline.

So on those fixtures and figments, the beast opened the door, and set about placing tools where they would be needed, consulting lists upon lists, and inspecting the structure himself. There was work to be done, but the Temple wasn’t run down or haphazard. Repair adornments, unless something went terribly awry, wouldn’t be required. Everything else, however, at the forefront of his mind, on sheets of parchments located at front tables, would be.

--

It’s time for prepping the Temple for LongNight! We have quite a few things we need to do. Deimos should have tools available for you, but feel free to bring your own, anything your character has gathered and not dropped off at the Temple, etc.

I’m going to be moving this on in 72 hours and I do not have a slot limit. Thank you!
He was something solid
to lean against
violent and fierce and unmoving
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
they will shake their heads and wag their fingers
by daybreak we'll be gone
Bastien found himself in hopeful spirits as he headed up towards the college to help with the preparations. True, Deepfrost had never been a good time and it had no real reason to be this year, but he had always been an optimist. His child was coming very soon and he couldn't wait to meet them, even if that greeting would be in the darkness.

"Deimos! Hello, my newly-wed stoic friend!" He called as he came in through the door, swanning through the College; for all the world looking like a man with all his strength.

He brought with him in his arms some furs that he had collected for the Artist's Sanctuary: It would be nice to have them back, but for the moment they were of more use here where people would be gathered in the deadly cold. Dropping them by the door, he hold his hands out, indicating he was ready to be instructed as for what to do.
BASTIEN
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Jigano arrived with a heavy pack upon his back, waving cheerfully to Deimos as he stumped towards the doors and shook the snow from boots and cloak. "I've brought some ramphire meat from Torchline," he called by way of greeting. The hunting expedition with Kinne had gone surprisingly smoothly, and the plump feathered beastie had provided an unexpected bounty that he and Rory had carefully dried and smoked. A treat he hoped would help leaven some of LongNight's more usual flavorless fare from the gristly Grounder herds.

The bard headed first to where they'd be setting up the communal kitchen to drop off his supplies of food for the people who would remain, taking the time to create an ice chest of thick wood and metal with his magic, then filling it with snow to keep the meat cool. It was preserved enough that it should have been fine regardless, but the extra preparations wouldn't hurt and he had magic enough to spare, and time as well while they waited for more hands to arrive.

He rejoined the General as soon as he was done, a silver brow arched in his usual humor, though a flicker of worry shadowed blue eyes behind the merry facade. "Are we ready?"
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
show me a sunrise
i'll let my eyes burn
Time went by way faster in winter than it had in fall, the red and brown leaves seemed to fall agonizingly slow compared to the sheets of snow and ice the barraged the streets in Deepfrost. It was both a good and a bad thing; good that the time of freezing temperatures and pitifully wet boots would be over sooner, and bad that they had so little time until Longnight. Now more than ever it was time for her to focus her efforts, to help the people prepare before she took refuge in Torchline.

She arrived at the temple, coming to meet quite a few familiar faces. The group was so similar to their last, only one man swapped out for another. She smirked as she remembered that unfortunately rolled ruthlessly accident racked day, Deimos and Jigano her partners in building the perch for the spark bird. Hopefully this job would go a lot easier, with few mistakes and good results.

Aisha too came bearing the fruits of her hunts, a couple pheasants adorned in puncture wounds. She moved to where the kitchen area would be, where Jigano was dropping off his own quarry, and she nudged his arm as she dropped off her kills, "Room for more in there?" she asked with a smile at her lips. After they'd placed the food away she followed her friend back to the main area, where Deimos waited.

To the sword, she shot a wink, having become a regular at his events. Gazing around she saw Bastien next, and beamed at him as well.
encase me in fire
cause i'll never learn
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

There is much to be done for LongNight, as always. Evie is admittedly running a bit ragged between stocking up on healing poultices, growing food for the long days inside, luring the Luxere, decorating the Perch, and assisting her fellow cabinet members with their own activities. But she drags herself out of bed every morning without fail, determined if not sluggish.

As such she arrives simply clad and perhaps with darker shadows than normal beneath her blue eyes. But present and accounted for nevertheless. Giving a warm, tired smile to Deimos, Jigano, and Aisha - Bastien as well, though she hardly knows him - and silently arranged herself for instruction.
Evie
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Not one to keep idle or still, the Sword managed to continue gathering while he waited, and as mid-morning approached, so did the usual suspects. “Bastien,” he snorted towards the rendered artist, obliging half a smile at the comments. He was tempted to ask on Rexanna’s condition and their impending arrival, but thought better of it as the crowd loomed; perhaps an inquiry best left unsaid until another opportunity. “Thank you for the furs,” instilled instead to Bastien in deep, rumbling accord, and those, unless they had another ridiculous fire incident this year, could be easily returned when everything settled, when spring awakened out of the frost and night’s reach.

Jigano, in turn, brought forth extra meat, supplying wares and frozen abilities, inclined to almost check those notions off his list, but held off in case more came in. The Sage received a nod and a smirk. “We can try.” Because gods knew the potential for disaster and mayhem even in the simplest of tasks.

The leopardess’ presence invoked another quick smile as she brought forth food from more hunts, and some amount of relief began to chisel in his chest. Perhaps it was the weight of clarity, of less burdens, of others doing their part, instead of him racing off to strive and accomplish every task set before them (intentionally ignoring Rexanna’s suggestion). “Of course,” in response to her inquiry. Aisha and her energy would serve them well in the upcoming efforts.

Then there was Evie, who earned a tilt of his head at the lengths of exhaustion written on her face, and perhaps, unfortunately for her, the embarking of overprotection of family began to unravel from his existence. “You all right?” A whisper, purposefully inaudible to anyone else, low intonations, the glance underneath a furrowed brow. Perhaps it was the mere run-around this time of year, back and forth collecting, snagging, and grabbing at everything they could, the call of LongNighr sharper and sharper with each passing day.

Then, they needed to get to work.

He brought forth his list, glancing back and forth at them as he spoke. “Thank you for being willing to assist.” Especially with so much to be done. A breath unfurled, and then he was forging onward. “I would like two to help prepare rooms,” and his gaze went to bedding nearby, wherever anyone would be situated in the structure. A pair would be able to complete it readily. “One to lay out the carpeting and rugs,” his finger pointing towards the snow-moss laden fabrics, which Jigano would readily recognize from earlier distinctions and stitching in the season. “And I need one more to help me start blocking windows.” Wooden board and blackened shrouds, meant to cover and contort, to shield their lighting displays from the monsters laden outside.

--

Pick and choose, and let’s get to work! No post order!

We need:

Room Preparation:
1. --
2. --

Lay Out Rugs
1. --

Block Windows
1. Deimos
2. --
He was something solid
to lean against
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Always," he cheerfully promised Aisha , stepping back to give her room to add her catch to the small cooler, then heading out to bring back another bucketful of snow to dump on top of the pheasants to keep them cold. Closing the lid, he joined her in returning to the main area. Evie 's presence brought a warm smile to his face, a hand to his heart, and a small bow of greeting to his apothecary friend. Before he could say anything more in greeting, however, their meeting commenced. He shot Bastien a curious look, having not seen the artist around much of late, but glad of any help they could get. Whether Rexanna's husband would stay or go for LongNight he didn't know, but he supposed they'd find out soon enough.

The list of preparations was long enough to start, and he nodded thoughtfully as the tasks were laid out. With neither Lily nor Oliver around to make sure their rugs were displayed both efficiently and in a visually pleasing way to show their group's work, he headed over to the pile and picked up a few, nodding to Deimos. "I'll start laying the rugs out, then." He grinned recognition of their earlier work and set to the new task with a will, laying the rugs out over the wood and stone floors to muffle any squeaks of furniture or tread of boots on wood or stone.

Jigano lays out rugs.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Evie gives a charmed laugh and a mimicked bow (far less graceful and well-practiced) to Jigano as the Sage greets her so formally. Her exhaustion won't keep her from being respectful after all. Though without any sort of makeup or tinctures to hide the bruises beneath her eyes - or more likely, that Deimos is merely that observant - she does not escape all eyes. His whisper is like woodsmoke, deep and rumbling, and it reminds her so much of home and family that she considers crawling inside his coat like a baby koala and sleeping against his shoulder for a few hours.

Alas, Evie is a stubborn woman, and her pride alone will not allow her to shirk the duties that lay before them. In mimicked undertone she leans closer and responds. "There's much to be done, and too few hours in the day. Without Loren, the Apothecary has been overloaded with orders for LongNight." She gives a short sigh and straightens her shoulders. "I'll be okay. Thank you, Deimos." Evie will always appreciate the care and concern that is never found lacking beneath the man's stoic veneer.

"I'll help with preparing the rooms," she volunteers aloud to claim her place, and summarily begins unrolling bedding to determine what is available, eyeing the spaces to be set up and beginning to lay them out in a pattern that allows for some degree of privacy and space.
Evie
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Deimos greeted him in the predictably rumbly and serious voice, but added in half a smile: Bastien felt honoured, would have fallen to his knees in gratitude had they not had a job to do. "You are welcome, my friend! May they keep those less fortunate than I warm during this time." The implication being his fortune came from the Voice, but he'd leave anyone else to connect the dots: he just laid down the words.

While he would usually volunteer to lay out rugs, thinking the task lent itself to his particular set of skills (they had to look good, right? Couldn't shelter from monsters without the room looking fabulous), Bastien chose this time to contribute to a more mundane and practical task. "I will help you block out those windows. It is something I am practiced in, after all." The Artist's Sanctuary, when he needed to be in it during the day, had a system of curtains and cloths that could be quickly tossed over the dangerous light.

--
Bastien helps Deimos with the windows!
BASTIEN
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
show me a sunrise
i'll let my eyes burn
One more person shows up to help, yet another familiar face. Evie, Aisha shoots her a smile from where she stands, and shortly after Deimos is drawing them together. Feeling quite the patron and veteran to Deimos's events, she wore a confident look and posture, excited to get started and feel the satisfaction of a job well done.

The tasks were laid out, and Aisha didn't have much preference so she chose whatever was left over. Room preparation with Evie, sounded good! "I'll be with Evie," she said with a grin, moving over to the red head's side. From there the two settled into their job, Aisha followed suit in spreading out the bedding supplies and making the living space livable.

Aisha starts with the rooms!
encase me in fire
cause i'll never learn
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Evie’s insinuations that she was fine, merely exhausted like the rest of them, earned her a nod, but still a cautious narrowing to his eyes. There was much to be done, and it was why he’d gathered them all there, to share in some of the monumental efforts. While he took and respected her pride, he’d still be watchful, mindful, of members of his extended family.

Then there were tasks. To his surprise, the Sword would share the efforts of blocking and boarding up the windows with Bastien, some muffled chuckle managing to brew and quell within his chest, not even bothering to ask what the artist meant by practice in binding and blinding apertures. At least in this accord, as they gathered the timber he’d rendered available, along with the blackened cloth (he’d permit Bastien to lay it out in whatever means he relished), he could ask and pry, just a little, about upcoming things. “How is Rexanna doing?” Last time he’d seen her she’d seemed drained and fatigued, and he only presumed that somehow meant the infant was coming soon (however that worked with the Voice). He listened for the answer in between the knocks of his hammer into wood, spreading the thinner pieces over obsidian shrouds and veils.

Bastien had been correct in his presumptions – and they worked efficiently, quickly, over the windows. Deimos allowed the smallest slip of his impressed machinations with a nod of his head and a snicker. “Well practiced indeed.” And since that had been done so quickly, they could move on to other portions of the work. Consulting his list, the beast considered options – some of which wouldn’t quite work for the Ascended. Instead, he tilted his head, and proffered another opportunity. “I would like to put up fencing for the luxere to stay within. Do you want to help with that?” He’d gathered plenty of wooden frames and posts outside the Temple, in hopes of keeping the mythical beasts contained.

Thereafter though, everyone else’s attempts seemed to falter and flicker.

Jigano, somehow, someway, did well at the beginning, and then fell prey to a rug’s thickened edges, managing to trip and fall. At least he’d had a soft landing, instead of stone and temple flooring, and could likely continue with his rug laying without issue. If he finished and finalized without another issue, he could choose from the list Deimos had left out on the closest table: lighting or heating resources requiring some efforts.

Unfortunately for Evie and Aisha, they wouldn’t be alone in their endeavors. While they prepared rooms, maneuvered bedding, found spaces and places they could consider hospitable, other creatures had already claimed their thresholds. Bats, disturbed and nervous, came flying out of the corners, some ducking and diving at Evie’s head, some confused, rattled, and addled, spiraling around Aisha’s form. Maybe there was a way to kindly evict them from the premises, or better yet, have them find another location?

--

Bastien and Deimos have completed blocking out windows! They will move onto building fencing for the luxere!

Jigano trips over the rugs, but manages to complete his task. He can choose from gathering lighting or heating resources (and it should be available nearby).

Evie and Aisha have found some bats!

No post order!
He was something solid
to lean against
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
The rugs unexpectedly fought back, but Jigano was used to the perils of these tasks by now, and though he stumbled and fell he picked himself up again no worse for wear; not enough, at least, to prevent him from laying the rest of the moss-filled rugs out. He caught sight of Deimos and Bastien heading out as he came downstairs to see what was next, offering the two men a casual wave as he went to study the list.

Lighting tickled his fancy and was simple enough to undertake with his particular skills. He had learned how to make bayberry wax candles for an offering to Ludo, and he focused his magic into that task now, twisting Earth and Creation in a silent skirl of unheard music as he drew the berry wax into his hands and molded it around cotton wicks. Large, fat green candles took shape with growing ease as he set them on tables and other surfaces around the Temple, for use by any who needed one.

After a little while he took a break to stretch and then strove again, strumming the strings of Fire into his most comfortable chord as he constructed lanterns and candle holders, determined to protect the flames this year and keep them contained, so that no unattended fire could start the way it had last year.

Jigano uses Earth, Creation, and Fire magic to make candles and lanterns/candle holders for lighting.
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
show me a sunrise
i'll let my eyes burn
The girl had just finished tucking a blanket when movement and fluttering caught her eye. She staggered back as a dark creature swooped out from under the bed frame, followed by a few of its comrades and swarmed around her in a daze. What was it with her and bats lately? With a snarl she turned to Evie, only to find that her partner was experiencing a similar problem.

She made her way to the nearest window and struggled it open, giving the bats an escape route, then stepped away from it so as not to ward them off. She moved towards the door in an attempt to block any of the bats from barreling out into the temple.

Aisha opens a window then stands in the doorway to try and keep them from going out into the rest of the temple.
encase me in fire
cause i'll never learn
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
The work was pleasingly simple and let Bastien think about Deimos' question before he answered; he knew that Rexanna and Deimos were close to each other (he had once thought they were old lovers, but it had been long enough he'd decided that probably wasn't the case) and didn't want the man to think he was going about cheerfully with Rex in any kind of trouble. "Well...she is tired. We both are. But we both know it will be worth it, when our reward comes."

Building a fence for the Luxere seemed almost like a shame: such free, elegant creatures cooped up...but it was for the best of everyone around them so Bastien nodded. "Of course. Lead the way."

--
Bastien goes to help Deimos with the fencing~
BASTIEN