B is for BUTTS
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
If someone had asked Oliver if he would ever visit a brothel a season ago, he would've flat out turned them down and said 'fuck no'. Oh how times have changed.

Over the course of him being in Caido, Oliver has had quite the adventure with understanding himself and his emotions. From getting cursed by Frey to finally accepting and being comfortable with the idea of casual flings, he truly has learned and grown in many different aspects. Such experiences and lessons would lead to him coming to this certain business on this particular day.

Wearing a hat to shield his eyes from the sun, as well as hopefully hide his identity a small bit due to a small bit of shyness he still experienced, Oliver made his way towards the building. A small pouch was tied to his belt, filled with items to hopefully pay for anything should he decide to make his purchase. His full reason of visiting was quite murky, mostly stemming from a large bit of curiosity for the practice. Safe to say: he wanted to learn more and potentially seek these services for himself.

Stepping inside of the building, he entered through the doorway and glanced around, hoping to find a particular individual to speak with, one that he felt wouldn't judge him for visiting. If she was around, great! And if not... well, he'd figure that out soon.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
As Oliver entered he would find the brothel perhaps more inviting than one might've imagined. It was large and luxurious, airy and clean; there were no signs of the gritty, sickly, backroom brothels that frequented nightmarish gossip. This was no establishment of ill-repute, but one that embraced the joy and relief its services offered. And like any business in a service industry, he would find himself walking towards a front counter, where noneother than Phoebe sat.

"Welcome to the Halenani." she said warmly, leaning on the counter with a grin. She didn't recognize him at first, not with his hat casting shadows on his face. "Can't say I recognize you, sweetie - what can we do you for?" she said with a wink.
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
What he walked into was honestly incredible. Far better than half of the buildings within the Hollowed Ground, this brothel beat every single expectation he had. When he had initially heard tale of the brothel, he wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but it absolutely wasn't anything like this. It was clean, well polished, and honestly he was already feel calmer than before. So much so that he wasn't as worried about being judged by anyone, but maybe it helped that Phoebe was right there, ready to speak with him.

At first, Oliver thought Phoebe was just being nice, but then her next comment caused his eyes to widen. Reaching up, Oliver pulled off his hat, his hair now far more fluffier due to the friction added. "Sorry about that." He offered her a soft smile before continuing on. "I heard about your business and I guess I wanted to check in- see how things were going and you know, learn more about what you have going on here." Oliver wasn't saying it, but there was clearly hints of other things when he mentioned seeing what was going on in the brothel.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
Phoebe blinked in surprise as the young man took his hat off, suddenly recognizing him as his face was revealed from under the shadow. "Oliver?!" she said in shock, a moment more passing before her features settled into a warm smile. She had perhaps thought the young man a bit foolish and reckless when it came to his insistence about the gods and their role in his life, but he had always been a very kind and pleasant fellow. "I didn't know you were here in Torchline. Are you just in for the season?" she asked curiously, knowing some people from the Hollowed Grounds had come to the tropical land to seek refuge from LongNight.

His questions made her laugh a little as she tilted her head. "You came to see how the business was going? That's very sweet of you. I take it you wanted to meet one of the ladies, too? Or is a gentleman more your taste?" she asked.
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise
Blacksmith

Change author:
The outburst of his name was enough to cause a grin and a small chuckle, clearly Oliver was amused by such an exclamation. Was it really all that surprising that he had come? Then again, he and Phoebe had hardly even spoken. Oliver's impression of the girl was very limited, based on few interactions and statements by other individuals. The same can probably be said about Phoebe's view of him, so there was no room for judgement.

Offering her a smile, Oliver nods. "Yep, I really love to visit here and I absolutely plan on staying inside here during LongNight. I even have someone coming along with me for me to protect." Protect seemed like the best thing to call their friendship. Aisha needed to be protected and seeing as this was her first time dealing with LongNight, he was her only guide that Oliver knew of.

Swiftly, the conversation moved on and Oliver found himself smiling still. "Well, I'm not much for a ladies man... I tried it once and lets just say, it was pretty damn awkward." He let out a small laugh, comfortable with making fun of himself in such a way. "Maybe I'll take you up on that offer... I really did want to see how things were going. But it'd be a lie if I said I wasn't interested in checking out some of your services." Something about this place made Oliver feel like he could be open and blunt, showing off a side of himself rarely shown at full view.

"Also wanted to see if you maybe needed help with preparing for LongNight... maybe I could help you out in exchange for a discount?" There was a cheek smile and a playful wink. Since their last interactions, Oliver's confidence had only grown, blossoming into the man that he was today.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
"Oh? Someone to protect?" she said with a bit of a smirk. Phoebe gestured with a hand for Oliver to follow her back behind the counter and into the main part of the building. Pulling back a mostly sheer curtain, the Madame would reveal the first floor, where a few gentlemen stood around chatting - all shirtless, all handsome, all clearly well endowed based on the state of their pants. But she didn't lead him to down towards them, instead turning to head up a wide stairway.

"You'll find the ladies here are perhaps not quite the same as those you've met before. Really, it can do wonders for building confidence...you know...in case this someone you have to protect turns into someone you want to do other things with." she said with a laugh. The second floor looked much like the first, except with beautiful, scantily clad women lining the hall. "Devin, darling! Come meet my friend, Oliver would you?" Phoebe called before looking at Oliver again. With light fingers she carefully fixed his hair and straightened his shirt, very motherly as she made sure he looked his finest. "I can't say as I need help preparing for LongNight, but you are a blacksmith aren't you? I am sure we could negotiate some sort of fair trade." she said with a smirk.
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Devin
{Image: 3e4cf1f91051608c3fb2396632d9fc6b.jpg}

Upon being called by the Madame, a curvy, wide-eyed young woman stepped forward from the group. She wore a loose fitting robe that left little to the imagination as she flounced her way over to her boss and the young man with her. "A friend you say? How unfair that all your friends are so handsome, Madame." she said with a playful pout, voice high and feminine. Devin smiled at Oliver, warm and friendly, stepping much too close for having just met him. She eyed him closely, gaze trailing down and back up.

"Did you come all the way from the Hollowed Grounds, too?" she asked him sweetly.
Blacksmith

Change author:
Phoebe was intriuged by his statement, which wasn't all that surprising. "She came through the portal and I offered her a place to stay. Just paying forward what was done for me." There's a light shrug and Oliver doesn't think too much about what he's said so far.

The two made their way deeper into the brothel and to say Oliver was overwhelmed would be an understatement. His eyes landed on the group of men and he found himself swallowing, his cheeks darkening in color. It felt so wrong to be looking at them like this- invasive and horrible. Luckily, they were able to talk about other things to distract him from those thoughts. "Her? No. While she is pretty, I'm... not much of that sort of guy. Trust me." Where did Phoebe get that sort of idea. "Even with men I feel like a total klutz. Still wondering how I got bit by an ascended in the first place." He laughs a bit at his own joke.

"Maybe some of your guys could help me out a bit too... damn do I know I need it."

Coming to a stop, Oliver waited as Phoebe called over someone named Devin. Huh. "Oh yeah, my shop is open and everything. I'd love to help making something for you. You name it and I'll try my best to get it done." He offers her a soft smile before his head turns to see... a girl approaching them. Fuck.

Rather than being rude, Oliver chose to continue speaking with the girl. It wasn't like he could blurt out 'I like dick' in the middle of the room. That would be not only embarrassing but also probably ruin what little bond he had somehow formed with Phoebe during this small span of time. Maybe he could come back? "Hello, Devin, was it?" He offered her  a soft smile. There was a light pink hue to his cheeks, but otherwise he seemed pretty damn relaxed, signaling that maybe he wasn't exactly feeling the sort of attraction they were aiming for. "Yes I did, came to visit for the day. I'm Oliver." His eyes shifted over to Phoebe briefly, hoping maybe she had caught his hints earlier on.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
Phoebe was still new to this whole Madame business, so she was bound to make an error here and there. But that didn't mean she was inattentive or unobservant. She saw how his face reddened at seeing the men downstairs and tension eased even as a nearly naked woman threw herself at him. It was his words that drove home the point he had been too shy to make clear at first: "Maybe some of your guys could help me out a bit too..."

"Well, why didn't you say so from the start, sweetie?" Phoebe said, taking his hand and packing the back of it before sending Devin back. Of course, the young woman still gave him a wink as she flounced away and the Madame led the bashful young man back downstairs. "You needn't be shy here, Oliver. If you don't tell me what you like, how can I help you, hm?" Phoebe said, tone motherly and almost scolding - though playfully. But she kept in mind now that he might not be forthright in saying his preferences as she selected the next candidate.

"Zane, dear! My friend Oliver has come a very long way to check on me and I'd like for him to have some company!" she said, calling him forward before looking back at Oliver. "Zane is a very unique fellow and can shapeshift. Now, you just tell him what you like best and he will do his magic, okay?" Phoebe whispered in Oliver's ear, patting his shoulder.
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Zane
{Image: c86b8fe9f63373c19b855b3747bf2330.jpg}

Zane was clearly a native Torchliner, with tanned skin and dark wavy hair, kept long with a trimmed up beard. Thick lashes and a smudge of black highlighted his pale silver eyes as he stepped forward, a rogueish grin curving his lips"A friend who came from very far away to check on you, eh? Are you sure he is looking for my company then, Madame?" he said with a chuckle, eyes scanning Oliver over.

"Well now, aren't you an exotic, cool glass of water. Bet the ladies will be sour you came down to see me." he said with a wink. As if to confirm his statements, a few women upstairs groaned and whined, carried easily down from the high ceilings of the foyer. But Zane simply chuckled, leaning against the wall near Oliver. "D'ya like what ya see, lover boy?"
Blacksmith

Change author:
The conversation with Devin was very short lived and soon, Phoebe was pulling him off to who knows where. "Sorry- I always thought it was obvious. Didn't really know how to say it without being too blunt and thought that'd be awkward." If it wasn't obvious enough already: this was Oliver's first time ever in a brothel. Inexperience was Oliver's middle name.

Descending the stairs once more, Phoebe was off calling another person. Dang. Did this happen to everyone? People were just called over whenever? Quite the matchmaker she was. "A shapeshifter? Fascinating." Did that mean he was just an attuned or was he something else? Which mean was it? Oliver's eyes scanned the room as he waited for the man to show himself.

His attitude shifted as a man approached, taking in a breath and holding it, Oliver watched as Zane moved in closer. Swallowing down hard, Oliver bit down on his lip as Zane began speaking. Well fuck if he wasn't embarrassing in front of Phoebe already he certainly was now.

Addressing Zane, Oliver realized he was the exact opposite of smooth. How he got with Rance in the first place, he'd never understand. "And if I said yes?" He offers the man a soft smile before taking a step forward. His eyes shifted over to Phoebe's momentarily, asking for permission or guidance before moving back to look at Zane. "I wouldn't mind if you showed me more." Yep, he didn't know how to flirt.

lol feel free to timeskip and i'll just write the after in my next reply
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
Phoebe couldn't help but laugh at Oliver's reasoning. "Sweetie, this is a brothel blessed by Frey. We prefer to get to the point around here, if you catch my drift." she said with a snicker.

It seemed though that her second pick for him was spot on, and she grinned to see Oliver turn into a bumbling puddle under Zane's attention. "Well now, off you pop boys!" she said patting Oliver's shoulder before ducking away. She wasn't needed anymore after all.

Whenever it was that Oliver would reemerge from Zane's room, Phoebe would be waiting back at the front desk. Zane would have handed him a card to give to her, listing the services provided so the appropriate charge could be made. "Well, now, aren't you looking refreshed!" she said brightly, grinning as he came back out to the desk.
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise
Blacksmith

Change author:
Of course Frey had blessed the place. "Damn, well, I guess it's a great thing that Frey blessed it." Frey was certainly not someone who played around and Oliver had learned that the hard way.

But enough about Frey, Oliver had a really hot guy to focus on instead. With a pat on his shoulder, he and Zane were off, heading towards the room that was most likely designated for him in particular.

At first things had started out pretty damn slow between him and Zane before they escalated to full out sex and fuck was it incredible. Marks littered Oliver's neck and he really didn't try to hide it using his clothes. It was safe to say that this visit was well worth it, even if these activities weren't exactly what Oliver had planned when he initially set out.

The blonde re-emerged, following Zane back to the front him, an obvious smile on his face and his hair quite a mess, not to forget the marks that moved along his neck. Adjusting his hair, Oliver offered Phoebe a laugh and a grin. "Yeah, refreshed is a great way to put it." Maybe he'd just have to become a regular patron of this establishment.

Standing in front of the front desk, Oliver tapped his foot. "How would you like me to pay you back?" He let out a hum before continuing on with speaking. "And what are your LongNight plans?" Should... should he ask? "And I guess- I don't know... if I paid you a lot, would you be willing to let my friend and I stay somewhere here? I helped out with the Inn, but it's so cramped. One room for multiple families with zero privacy." It wasn't going to be a pleasant experience and if he could avoid it then he would do whatever it took.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
She has a sunflower soul
with rock 'n' roll eyes
Phoebe took the card from Zane, who of course said he hoped Oliver would visit again soon, and glanced it over. Oliver looked a bit dazed and confused - in a giddy sort of way - so she took her time mentally tabulating just what would cover his bill.

Honeyed eyes flicked up, a brow raised in curiousity as Oliver continued on though. The Madame's lips curved into a smirk and she leaned across the desk, tapping his bill on the wooden surface. "Are you trying to ask if you can spend a full week with a prostitute, sweetie?"
Curious thoughts
And a heart of surprise