[se] even those left behind
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
A M A L I A

Sam's house is... well, it's not neat.

Amalia has never been a clean person. But she is a neat one, valuing the importance of order in chaos, the positioning of things in their proper place. And orderly, Sam's house is not. As Amalia opens up the door she is met first by Mia, the cat purring merrily and mewling around the Shield's feet. "Hello, sweetheart," the girl greets warmly, running her finger through the companion's long fur. She knows neighbors have been caring for the feline; still she offers some meat she's brought, shredded pheasant accepted with gusto.

Then the Shield rolls up her sleeves, looking through the small cluttered house. "Okay, Mia, let's get to work."

----

The doors are open to air out the house and Amalia carries a bundle of blankets, ready to dust them out. She knows Sam doesn't need to sleep but figures a clean bed will be good to return to, whether you need it or not; she has already changed the sheets for clean ones, and all that's left is the comforter. It's a drop in the bucket but it's a start at least. Hanging the blanket over a railing, the Shield begins to smack it with her staff while Jyoti and Mia watch on with interest, doubtless judging her work.

Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Arialla

Arialla had passed Sam's house plenty of times on her business around the Settlement -- she used it as a landmark to navigate by as she got her bearings. This time she simply coming back from lunch to the small, quiet room in which she stayed when Amalia's work caught her eye. For a second Arialla thought she was doing some sort of combat training before she recognized the familiar motions of laundry.

Approaching, Arialla called, "Hello, Amalia! Are you cleaning for Samuel?"

Sam had told her of his relationship to Amalia, but he'd also said they didn't get along, so Arialla was rather surprised to find her here. In fact, the idea that Amalia might be here to destroy Sam's possessions crossed her mind.

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
A M A L I A

Despite the cold Amalia has managed to build a sweat thanks to her work. So when a voice interrupts her it takes a moment for the Shield to turn and focus; she first has to run an arm over her forehead, pushing back sweat-soaked wisps of golden hair that have escaped her braid.

At first she does not recognize the figure; then she cannot recall the name. A red-haired woman she knows she spoke to in the bakery, but the Shield sees so many faces she struggles sometimes to put them where they belong. "I am," she answers with an anxious smile, choosing to skirt the issue for the moment. "He's spending the season in Torchline, and I thought... it might be nice to come home to a clean house." She flushes, a little bashful, and runs her hand over her neck.

Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Arialla

It didn't occur to Arialla that Amalia might not know who she was -- she came from a small town where everyone knew everyone, and had lived that way all her life. She ought to remember that she was still a stranger here in many ways, despite having settled into Caido better than she would have expected.

Nodding at Amalia's response, Arialla said, "That's very kind of you, yes."

She hesitated, wondering if she really wanted to offer Amalia a hand -- thinking about whether she truly wanted to give up her own time, as well as how awkward it might be to clean next to a near-complete stranger. But the only way to stop being a stranger was to spend time with people. "Would you like any help?"

coding base by Skylark
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
A M A L I A

Kind, perhaps. It is a small gesture that will do little to assuage his suffering, she fears, but she smiles nonetheless at the comment, pushing her hair behind her ear. "We take care of each other here," the Shield replies with a shrug. "Especially with LongNight coming. Are you... going to be here, for the week? Or in Torchline?"

The offer of help is a surprise to the girl. Glancing at the comforter, she considers a moment before shrugging. "If you like. There's not much left, but to put these away once they dry." She gestures to the sheets that dance like ghosts upon the wind. "Did you wind up speaking to Safrin? How did that go?"

Arialla Calimeris

Change author:

Arialla

"I'm heading to Torchline," Arialla said. Of course, she knew nothing of Sam's suffering -- she hadn't even seen him for weeks. Actually, she should fix that, probably. "I suspect I'd be more hindrance than help, here. Though I've been trying to offer a hand with the preparations. Where is Samuel staying in Torchline? I might try to drop by and say hello."

Arialla went to the sheets, touching them to see how dry they were, whether they needed to be put away yet. "I did talk to Safrin! Actually, she told me to seek you out -- you and Delphia. We were speaking of ... the souls of the Ascended."

Arialla glanced around, uncertain whether this was a subject that should be broached in public.

coding base by Skylark
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
A M A L I A

Exhaling a breath of relief, Amalia nods her approval of Arialla's decision to spend the winter elsewhere from here. "That's... that's good. The more people who are safe somewhere else, the better." The question about Sam causes her to raise an eyebrow, something curious and protective rising within her. Is this woman.... interested in her brother?

"Ah... he's staying with a local. But there's an inn set aside for our people. I'm sure he'll be around." She isn't sure how to add also, he's super gay, but makes a mental note to slide it in later, should the conversation turn that way. "How do you know him?"

So the girl (Arialla, the name finally pops into her brain) has seen Safrin. The mention of Delphia and souls has the Shield rising a brow; "Me?" she wonders, not at all displeased at having been recommended by her goddess. Folding the comforter up with long arms, the girl looks over its length at Arialla. "What... Ah, Delphia certainly is looking for the souls. I would like to find them as well. Though it's rather more Ludo's domain."

Arialla Calimeris

Change author:

Arialla

"Yes, I don't really know what happens at LongNight, but I know it's something I can't help with." Arialla turned solemn for a moment before smiling again. She remained blissfully unaware that Amalia thought her interested in Sam (she wasn't), an idea that would have embarrassed her immensely.. "Samuel was the first person to welcome me to Caido. I was rather rude to him at first, I have to admit, but he was very kind to me."

The sheets were just about dry. Arialla pulled one down and started folding it with efficient movements: she'd done plenty of laundry in her day, and at home many of their garments were just large squares of cloth, folded and tucked into chitons. "Safrin mentioned that I might wish to speak to Ludo. I would like to help you -- and Delphia -- if I can. The idea of the Voice seizing not only the Ascended's minds and bodies but their souls as well is ... horrifying."

coding base by Skylark
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
A M A L I A

That Sam was kind to someone rude to him doesn't surprise the girl in the least. "Ah. That... makes sense." There is silence for a moment as he considers how much to divulge of her relationship with her brother, as well as his current state. "He's... been unwell," she says at last, settling for a loose, vague truth. "I'm sure he'll appreciate you looking in on him."

The chilling subject that the topic turns to sends a shiver down her spine, "It is horrifying," Amalia agrees, the thought being one she's entertained often and for a long time. Still grappling the comforter, she is able to at last fold it into a small, manageable shape. "We should... perhaps talk about this somewhere else. Sometime else. After LongNight. I think I'm about done here; thank you for your help."

With a nod she extends her arms for the sheets, intending to make her way inside and finish her preparations in quiet thought.

Arialla Calimeris

Change author:

Arialla

Arialla nodded, though she frowned at Amalia's news. Did Ascended get sick? She supposed they must, if Samuel was. "I'm sorry to hear he's unwell. I'll definitely pay him a visit."

Amalia's desire to move on was clear, and though Arialla might have hoped for a longer conversation, she understood. Everyone seemed on edge this close to LongNight, anyway. After, things could move on. If everyone survived ... She pushed that thought away. She'd be safe in Torchline, but she worried about the people in the grounds. "Happy to help. I'll see you after LongNight."

Speak it into existence. Arialla had to believe that Amalia would be all right.

{fin}

coding base by Skylark