Olive Branch
for Loren
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
They won't stop our evolution.
Who do you think we are?
Finally, the crowds began to part and Morgan found herself with some space to think. She knew soon she would have a lot of work to do and hardly any time at all to consider it: biding her time had cost her before and now she had to just put her best foot forward and run with it, trust her instincts.

Maybe that was why, when she saw Loren, she went to approach him. Her opponent a couple of hours ago, but someone she still respected and had considered to have proven himself a decent sort in the last months. "Loren." Morgan spoke softly as she approached, stopping a few feet away: after all, it was entirely possible he would not want to speak with her at all, and she didn't want to encroach too far into his space.

"I would still have you leading our healers, if you would hold the position." She offered, knowing there wasn't anyone as good for the job.
Fight against your execution.
Who do you think we are?
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
After losing, Loren had stayed, though he'd retreated from the crowd. Watching them mill about with an inscrutable expression on his features, he raised his eyebrows as Morgan approached. "Morgan." His tone was carefully neutral. "Congratulations." Not sounding happy, obviously, he was at least trying to be a graceful loser.

However, his eyes widened in surprise at her words and her offer. For a moment, he didn't respond. Then he pressed his lips together and folded his arms across his chest. "What are your plans for the Ascended? And for Neron?" Again, he was careful to keep any hint of emotion from his voice and his features.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
Who do you think we are?
Loren gave her a congratulations, which she nodded to; she had not thought him the type to sulk and it was good to find that was true. Morgan wouldn't demand a smile from him: besides, with the last few weeks, hardly anyone was smiling for anything.

It was clear he was surprised by her offer; Morgan kept her eyes level with his, making it clear she was serious. It was expected that he would have questions; she took a breath and thought it over before replying, wanting to be sure she gave him the truth. After all, a council founded on lies would not be much worth at all. "As I said: I'd like to know how many Ascended are here in the city. Past that, we will see if they prove themselves a threat. I am merely wary after what I have heard from multiple people..I am also not sure making ourselves an enemy of the Old Gods and spirits is a good idea, right now, given recent events." Presumably he would know what she was talking about.

"As for Neron...what would you want done with him?" She asked, raising one eyebrow.
Who do you think we are?
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Narrowing his eyes just slightly, Loren considered her response for a long moment. Then he spoke quietly, again keeping his thought and emotions as veiled as possible. "I'm not sure making an enemy of the Voice or the Ascended is any wiser, to be perfectly honest. She is still a goddess, after all. I am curious, though, what events in Halo have made you wary, as opposed to other lands."

Hesitating, he shifted his weight from side to side for just a moment. Then he gave her a firm look. "Honor Weaver's wishes. Keep him under guard, but give him time to prove himself to the people of Halo. At the very least, he can help rebuild what his actions destroyed."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Who do you think we are?
"She is, and her followers can be very powerful, I am told." Morgan agreed, nodding. From what she'd heard, some of them had abilities that were beyond imagination: teleportation, stopping Abandoned magic, turning invisible...it was like dealing with an enemy you could never predict. "No events in Halo. This would be a preventative measure. If we go some time without any issue, then we could look at changing things." She shrugged. She had no interest in capturing or killing the Ascended if she didn't have to: just knowing who and where they were in relation to Halo was enough.

As for Neron, she was amenable to whatever Loren wished (as long as it wasn't 'let him walk totally free'. "Very well. That sounds reasonable: you may tell him he can continue as he was."
Who do you think we are?
the Firebrand

Change author:
Narrowing his eyes, Loren frowned. "Preventative measure?" Folding his arms across his chest, he gave Morgan an unimpressed look. "And what's stopping you from instituting preventative measures against Attuned like me, which are in far greater numbers in Halo, and have done some pretty terrible things as well in the name of the old gods." His voice was quiet, since the last thing he wanted was to incite more suspicion or violence.

Nodding, he sighed in relief. "Thank you." Then he gave her a firm look. "Please know that if you take action against the Ascended without definitive proof that they, as a race, mean harm to Halo and its people, I will stand against you. If you are okay with that, I would still serve as the Grand Healer."
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Who do you think we are?
Morgan considered Loren's word: She'd heard opinions like this before and was willing to see there was some sense in them, though still wasn't entirely convinced. "Tell me of what the Attuned have done and I will consider that. Though I would say this: The Old Gods have been here for millenia. I am not keen on their plans either, but they are a part of Halo, integrated into it. These Ascended are not. They are new, and if they will bring more danger to us, I think it wise to be wary."

She watched him carefully as he spoke, raised one eyebrow. "What does it mean to 'stand against me'? A disagreement, or a full mutiny?"
Who do you think we are?
the Firebrand

Change author:
Brow furrowing, Loren shook his head. "I cannot think of anything the Attuned specifically have done off the top of my head, but I can certainly think of things the followers of the old gods have done. One of Safrin's demi-gods destroyed a temple, paralyzing my friend and almost killing many others in the process. A follower of Ludo was ordered to commit genocide and she was more than willing to carry out the task."

When Morgan asked what, exactly, he would do, he met her gaze squarely. "Disagreement. I meant what I said when I believed that Halo has seen too much violence and turmoil as of late." His voice, albeit politely neutral, was firm on that point.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Who do you think we are?
"I see your point, but I still think the Ascended might be a threat: all you're saying is that there are other threats, which we're already aware of. The Ascended are something new though, something we are unused to, which is why I want a chance to investigate and stop them freely moving in the Citadel until we know the full extent of their powers and intent." Morgan's voice was more calm and pondering than chastising and she hoped they might be able to have this conversation in a council later, with more people involved. "We can discuss this at length in the council hall once it is made. With the portal being blocked during Deepfrost, it's unlikely many Ascended will be arriving for now."

As for disagreement, she was fine with that; it was healthy to disagree. She wasn't there to be a dictator. "Then you are our Grand Healer." Morgan announced, holding out a hand for Loren to shake.
Who do you think we are?
the Firebrand

Change author:
Raising an eyebrow, Loren finally sighed. "Fine. We can monitor the Ascended. But perhaps it's best to do so covertly rather than overtly." Pausing, he searched her features. "I don't know if you have anyone in mind for Spymaster, but I know for a fact that Neron used his spies fairly extensively to keep appraised of the goings-on in the Citadel." He spoke in a quiet tone, wary of anyone overhearing him.

Nodding at her comment about the future conversation, he inclined his head when she agreed to continue letting him serve as Grand Healer. "I am at your disposal. Best of luck, Warden." He would serve her under the terms they'd laid out.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Who do you think we are?
"Mm. I do not have anyone particular in mind: I shall be keeping the post open for anyone I find suitable to fill it, but for the moment I believe we would be better suited focusing on things happening within our own walls." Maybe it was foolish of her, but she felt it might be best to try and operate without spies for the moment, to be straightforward and focused on rebuilding what they could for now.

With a slightly tight but genuinely relieved smile, she nodded at her new Healer. "Well then. I have a lot to do: do come to the council meeting later. Thank you."

{FIN}
Who do you think we are?