promise I'll see you again
Wessex
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
I'll lose my mind at least another thousand times
hold my hand tight, we'll make it another night
Perhaps it's because of his mother's demise in the snowy reaches of Halo, or the frigid journey they'd taken together back to the Hollowed Grounds after their souls had been united, but Atlas seems to much prefer the sandy beaches of Torchline. Though still colder than normal, it's a reprieve from the ice and chill of the Grounds, and Hotaru cannot deny him the chance at galloping up and down the beach on his long, spindly legs. Kicking and whirling and chasing the waves as he deserves to do while his heart and body are still so young.

Hotaru walks idly behind him, smiling indulgently to herself as she watches him nose curiously at a crab and then go thundering off with a startled whinny when it snips at him. Her laughter is whipped away by the slight wind, flaxen hair difficult to contain without a hood that she normally wears in the other lands. But it's a peaceful afternoon as the sun sinks low, turning the sky all shades of pink and purple as she watches her bonded go splashing into the shallows.
I still get a little scared of something new
But I feel a little safer when I'm with you
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
You know what Loki hasn’t met yet? A unicorn.

Coming from the opposite direction and hidden by the gentle curving of the shore, Wessex is surprised to see an image of one flicker into her head, followed by Loki’s audibly delighted trumpet. She swings down from on high to greet the colt, perhaps dive-bombing him with a bit too much unfettered enthusiasm, much like a grubby child might do when presented with beautiful, rainbow unicorn plushie. The Wraith doesn’t know who is bonded to the unicorn (it hadn’t matched either Zuriel or Isla’s description), so she breaks into a job and soon rounds the bend to find -

Hotaru. And what must be her new companion.

It also prompts her to call out to the dragonling and remind her of what good behavior is. “Loki!” she shouts, half-laughing as the salty wind tugs are her blonde tips, “Be nice, yeah?” She’s only lectured her half a dozen times on it, Loki knows better by now.
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Sharp eyes do not miss the new winged creature that swoops down towards Atlas, but by size alone it's clear the dragon is the dwarfed kind that are usually bonded to Accepted folk. Atlas has no such reservations once that is communicated across the bond, rearing on wobbly hind legs to try and get closer to the dragon that seems intent on becoming a new pair of fashionable sunglasses for the unicorn. Hotaru shakes her head in amused dismay over their childish antics, a familiar voice drawing her attention up and to the bend of the sand into the horizon, upon which a rather familiar figure appears.

The called reminder makes the seamstress grin, glad she's not the only one trying to wrangle a precocious young bonded on the daily. Hotaru meanders closer, arms wrapped around herself to generate a small bit of heat that the fading sun has stolen from her skin. "Hello, Wessex," she greets kindly as the distance between them shrinks, keeping half her attention on their companions as Atlas snorts a gust of air playfully at Loki. "And congratulations of course. What brings you out here?"
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Hotaru,” the Wraith replies warmly, reaching out to the younger woman with a pleased smile and gentle caress against her shoulder if she’ll allow it. “What a lovely surprise.” And you can bet your ass that she means it. “You too” Turning an eye to the colt and Loki, who seems to be trying to land on his back (she knows the dragonling can be gentle, but fears the talons anyway), though she is no great purveyor of horseflesh, she knows a handsome one when she sees it.

“Are you cold?” Her gesture hasn’t gone unnoticed, and Wesse is happy to lend her the infamous cloak, should the wind prove too chilly. And the courtesy doesn’t stop there, as she turns and offers to continue back the way she came, making the trek back against a singular set of footprints.

“You were actually on my mind lately. This is… fortuitous.” There is news to deliver, invitations to extend, and all against the backdrop of Deepfrost and LongNight. Torchlight is the only ‘safe’ place, no small part of her is happy to find the lady here.
the hallelujah
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru allows the touch without any qualms, reaching a hand to rest briefly upon Wessex's where it rests before she retracts her touch. "I certainly can't complain. I wasn't aware you were in Torchline, it's a pleasant coincidence." The quirk of her lips is playful, allowing the woman to keep her secrets if she's so inclined. The Advocates are here after all, and Hotaru won't pry into the reasoning behind the demigod's presence outside of the Grounds. They all need a vacation here and there with LongNight approaching.

Atlas meanwhile trots in tight circles as if it will somehow help him see Loki better, unaware of the inability to play face to face with such a weapon upon his brow. He looks quite like a dog chasing its tail, and Hotaru eyes the pair fondly, trusting they'll determine their boundaries without input from their bondeds.

"A little, it's colder out by the sea than inland, and I always forget." They'd never had shores like these in Helovia, and the only time she'd enjoyed them had been when she'd quite literally been held captive on an island in a political tug of war.

There's a ghost of teasing in the edges of her eyes as she turns to the taller woman at the sound of her voice. "I'm almost disappointed they weren't more enticing thoughts." Ah, but flirtations fold beneath her curiosity. "Did you need me for something?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Laughing, perhaps more at the reality of the situation than anything else - certainly not at Hotaru - Wessex flashes her mischievous smile. “I’m everywhere these days. It’s surprisingly easy when you can teleport.” Gazing with a certain confidence out to the waves dropping that tiny bomb and then back to her companion, the Wraith slyly searches for any signs of being impressed. What is the point of having powers if she can’t use them to impress a smokin’ lady every now and then? Men, too, she supposes, even if she hasn’t had one in what seems like forever.

Taking off the cloak she’s conveniently wearing, the demigoddess takes the time to arrange it carefully about Hotaru’s shoulders, something akin to chivalry keeping her from pulling the other in for a kiss. Instead, she offers to put her arm around Ru’s shoulders, in case she needs something more than the too-long cloak. Truth be told, it’s nice to hold someone again. No, it’s nice to hold Hotaru again. She wouldn’t do the same for just anyone.

Meanwhile, Loki seems to have taken pity on the ever-circling colt and settles herself in the sand in front of him, creeping cautiously forward with her blunted snout extended for a true investigation of this new kind of companion.

“Mmmm, they aren’t mutually exclusive,” Wessex quips back, giving Ru a bit of a side-eye leer, more or less confessing that yes, she does have enticing thoughts about the other on a fairly regular basis. “Unfortunately duty trumps playtime right now. First, some news - Weaver is dead. It’s a long story, but shit went down in Halo and she was named the new Warden. Shortly after, she fought an Ursur and won, only to be killed by a dragon who wanted the Ursur for dinner.” Visibly sad at having to recount this, Wessex looks down at the sand to gather control again. “May she burn brightly.”

“Second - yes. I was hoping you’d be willing to come on an adventure with me and Sunjata at the beginning of Flowerbirth. To rescue a spirit in a new part of Caido.” Whilst tempted to say more on the subject, she waits for a clue to Hotaru’s inclination before either continuing on or leaving it at that and trying to find yet another Abandoned or hybrid to take her place.
the hallelujah
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
"Teleport you say?" Intrigue draws fair brows higher upon her crown, displaying an appropriate mixture of appreciation for the power it must take and a desire to have such a gift for herself. It's definitely impressive, and if that's what Wessex is searching for then she is sure to find it in her guileless face. "Then I'm not surprised you found me so readily." Even a land this big is no match for such ease of travel.

She blames the cut of wind against her face for the rose hue that overtakes her cheeks as Wessex places the cloak round her shoulders, the warmth immediately setting in as the wind is kept farther from her skin. It is far more chivalrous than she's accustomed to, and she readily leans closer into the woman's side as an arm draws her close. There's no body heat to be shared, but that doesn't bother Hotaru in the least. She takes her eyes off the playing companions fully when it's clear Atlas is being careful with his horn, extending his nose down and towards Loki to blow a gust of sandy breath into her face.

It's endearing, but not nearly as attention-catching as flirting with a hot demigoddess. Hotaru has priorities. Her own bi-colored eyes slant upwards at Wessex's drawling admission, a foxlike curl of her lips and the heat of her stare the only answer she gives. A blatant display of smug satisfaction. Alas, it seems this is more than a social call, though she'll only forgive such a grievous insult on the basis that the proposed opportunity is much more enticing. Marginally. "I hope you won't look down on me for immediately agreeing, but that's quite the adventure you're promising. Where in Caido would we be traveling to?" Already she can feel the impatience coiling in her belly, wanting to involve herself in the deeper machinations of this world. Twist her fingers in the strings and become meaningful once more.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Mhmmmm,” she hums an affirmative, feeling (and looking) rather pleased with herself in that regard. It may just be the best gift the Voice has ever given her - well, second-best, if you count an extra go at life. “It’s still a big continent,” Wessex says with a laugh. “Just needed to activate my Ru radar first.” It’s funny because… well, such a thing may actually be possible. And Ru would never know.

With an arm around the smaller woman, they continue walking. Loki decides that she likes this horned-horse thing and announces her intended friendship with a trill, content to play at child-companion games until the adults finish their business. Frankly, Wessex is equally content to let her do so, preferring to bestow all her attention on the other blonde.

“Of course not. There’s been an abysmal lack of real adventure lately. We’re going to a place called The Climb, a rocky, hot place beyond Halo’s Sea of Glass.” Truth is that she doesn’t know much more about it but between the three - potentially four of them - with varying powers, she hopes they can manage. She’ll need to drink from someone before they go, but that can probably be managed.  

“You’d be the first Outlanders to set eyes on it.” Cooing encouragement (as if she needed it), she drops tidbits for the side of Ru that joined the Devil’s Advocates - the chance to know and control and wrap others around her pretty little fingers.
the hallelujah
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
A small noise of amusement escapes her mouth at the idea of a 'Ru radar'. "I'd be flattered if The Voice saw fit to make a radar for someone as simple as me," she titters, recalling the electric air that had overtaken her when she'd left an offering at The Voice's shrine. She'd not been fit for a visit then, and Frey has been the only one to deign to do so - perhaps because of their similar natures - but she respects The Voice nonetheless. Which makes the idea all the more hilarious and preposterous.

There's something rather chivalrous and romantic about the moment as they go walking down the beach together, but Hotaru knows better than to place any merit in the flirtations of beautiful women. Especially demigoddesses who can do far better than a deposed Queen with a hunger for power. "I'm more of an ice and snow woman, but I think I could shed a few layers for such a prestigious first claim." Wessex plays her like a fiddle, and Hotaru is far from unaware, but with the offer already on the table she has no inclination to decline to try and preserve her pride or some other such nonsense. Her eyes still spark with the desire for adventure, for turmoil. For the chance to wrap her hands in the puppeteer's strings and overtake that which she wishes to own. This may not be an immediate path to that end, but neither had exploring the cannibal's hideout and she'd ventured below the earth all the same. "Consider me part of your group, then. I'm sure you can turn on your radar to find me come Flowerbirth when we're ready?" The light teasing dripping upon her lips once more with ease, even as her mind spins out machinations and plots for the trials that will surely come.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Ah, a moment of insinuation, an easy opening. “She would for me,” Wessex says with a grin. “Or… something for someone who dropped my name at their next shrine visit…” It may not be entirely true, but worth a shot and she should make effort to repay the Devil’s Advocates for their willingness to join her.

If only everything were this easy; there’s no doubt in her mind that their expedition will not be, but they have a smidgen of time to prepare. Mentally, at least. She should have asked Ru sooner. “Excellent.” The Wraith looks mighty pleased with herself now and is able to check this off her seemingly ever-growing to-do list. “Meet me on the Halo side of the portal on the first day of Flowerbirth.” With any luck they’ll be in and out before anyone who might have objections to their travels has time to object.  

And now that that’s taken care of, Wessex can relax and flirt for the rest of their walk, eventually calling Loki back to her when she decides it’s time to leave, disappearing from in a flicker of teleportation - obviously showing off.

{Fin!}
the hallelujah