Personal Quest arts and crafts
Perch Decorating
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
EVIe
The new (hopefully more permanent) Spark Bird perch is metallic, and quite grandiose. If a tad skeletal and imposing. Which is exactly where Evie comes in.

She's entirely unused to having any sort of power or responsibility on a government level. Her luring of the Luxere had been something she'd taken on as a personal goal, an attempt to help save her family if and when the moment came. This is far more weighted, and while slightly intimidated, Evie is nothing if not strong-willed.

So she arrives with all manner of ribbons, crepe, wire, paint, and flowers that she has urged to grow into young blooms with a touch of her finger to dormant seeds not normally inclined to flourish in this season. Having put out the message about the decorations - this time with the weight of her new title, giving her a zing of surprised pleasure to have written it - she awaits any who seek to join her.

Maypole Sparkbird Perch Decorating PQ! Come one come all!

1. Evie
2. Amun
3. Rexanna
4. Bastien
Don't read the last page
But I stay
when it's hard or it’s wrong or you’re making mistakes
table by sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Meandering over to the perch behind Evie, Amun slipped his hands into his pockets. Regarding the starkly metallic structure, he glanced at the materials she'd provided. Nodding approvingly at the flowers, he gave the cloth an almost suspicious look.

Then he moved towards the paint. "Any idea if this is flammable?" Although he'd never seen or encountered the spark bird, he'd heard stories. The last thing he wanted was a stray spark to literally send all their hard work up in flames. Still, apart from that one comment, he settled in to wait patiently for further instructions. Slouching a bit, he whistled a cheerful tune.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
am i running through that mind of yours at all?
i have big ideas for you and me
If it is, it shouldn’t be too different from the birds wingspan itself.” She trills to Amun as she slips her way toward the decorations. A wide fanged grin is given toward Evie, a tip of her head, before she’s slipping over toward Amun to reach out and squeeze his shoulder in greeting. “It’s really a beautiful creature.” She recalls her first LongNight, when the Sparkbird had appeared and given them some hope among the darkness. Last year was treacherous, and as the queen comes up on her one year of losing her attack, she thinks it’s worth trying to gather as much hope as she can.

She slips her way toward the items brought to decorate with, a hand reaching out to trail delicately along a petal of the flowers before she grabs some of the ribbon in her favorite colors — gold and a hint of an orangish red, before turning to Evie and giving her all of her focus. “What kind of decor are we starting with?” Something big? Something small but many of?
i feel lucky, with the worst luck
that i met you when I felt messed up
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
Seeing the treasure trove of supplies Evie had on hand as he arrived Bastien broke out into a wide grin, confidently clapping his heads together and already coming up with a hundred different plans for adorning the perch.

Still, Evie was leading this mission and he would defer to her judgement; though if she was anything like her wallflower brother he wasn't sure it would be any good. Coming up behind Rex he held out his hands as if to say at your service then bent to pick through some of the supplies, putting various textures or colours next to each other and studying them.
Fade to the close-up
We're gonna stay naive tonight
Base Code by Sky!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
EVIe
"Only mildly, and we're collectively far too short to get the decorations high enough to really combust. Though I don't think the SparkBird would mind the extra heat," she laughs, winking playfully at Amun as he arrives. It has been quite some time since she last saw him, which is truly a shame. Though he's not the only one to arrive - followed rather quickly by the council members that had agreed to assist with this particular endeavor. Both look tired and haggard, but if rumors are to be believes there's quite an understandable reason for it. Evie aims a welcoming smile at both, ushering them closer.

"I won't be cramping the style of any of you, so there's a degree of flexibility in the designs and ideas. But I thought it would be best to start with wrapping the pole with ribbons and fabrics first to give us grip to pin and paint upon. We have thin bendable wire to make into little flowers or sculptures to pin into the fabric to be made as well." Pointing out both sets of items as she moves over to the fabric of her own accord, pulling out the end of a roll and laying it upon her palms. "We can pair off?"

Pair off to either help Evie wrap the pole Maypole style, or start making fun wire creations! Feel free to paint them or decorate them before pinning.
Don't read the last page
But I stay
when it's hard or it’s wrong or you’re making mistakes
table by sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
am i running through that mind of yours at all?
i have big ideas for you and me
As Bastien approaches, Rexanna leans back a small amount toward him to flash him an equally bright smile. Her gaze slips back to the fabrics and textures that he pulls out – reaching forward to grab a couple other accent hues to add into Bastien’s mix, giving him a wink before she gives her attention back to Evie. “Ooh, that sounds wonderful.” She agrees – glad that Evie has a plan in order at the very least. Rexanna wasn’t entirely sure where to start with this metal contraption.

But in the subject of pairs, she nods greedily, reaching to snag Bastien’s hand and a particularly vibrant gold ribbon that seems to scream to her. And when she waits for Bastien to grab his own, she reaches for the wire to begin to make a few different versions of wire creatures, reaching in deep to her memories and the like to work on designing a wire creature or two to hang from it – using the gold ribbon to add little details like wings to the creature much like the sparkbird that would blow with the wind that comes through.

Rex to wire creations ;D
i feel lucky, with the worst luck
that i met you when I felt messed up
REXANNA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
As soon as pairs were mentioned and Bastien felt Rexanna eagerly grab his hand a little like a schoolchild eager to be with their best friend, he grinned and laughed, letting himself be taken as he picked up his collection of fabrics and ribbons, gathered the wires. This was the task he would have chosen anyway: it involved creativity and the making of something rather than simply wrapping a pole.

He made flowers to go with Rex's creatures, simple structures delicately interlaced with the ribbon and made with a pin on their undersides to help them hook into the perch. As he worked though, fingers deftly moving over the material, he couldn't help wondering aloud: "When the bird comes and lands upon the perch, will it not set all this decoration alight?"
Fade to the close-up
We're gonna stay naive tonight
Base Code by Sky!