Testing the hypothesis
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE

"Neron," bright blue eyes affixed onto the man once the voting had completed, the result decided. He could honestly say he was pleased with the result, but that was a thought for another time. Right now, his focus was on Neron, on the haggard, rough look of the man. Concern coloured his expression, a serious frown wrinkling his forehead, as he looked the man up and down again.

With a quick glance to Kia, he spoke up again. "Sorry for saying you look like shit before, but Nez, mate, you really do. Are you alright? Do you need help?" He asked with a pointed glance to the man's mouth, hinting at the fangs he knew resided there. When he had first met Neron the man looked years younger and healthy, alive and thriving with his gifts from the Voice making him near indestructible.

What stood before him now was a stark, startlingly different husk of a man. Chulane wanted to help, and he knew how he could, if the man wanted to take that path.
The only true wisdom is in knowing
you know nothing
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
is it better to be a monster with a heart, or a human without a soul?
my hands are shaking
She’d missed most of everything, trying to keep the Grounders from getting involved. But once she finds Chulane’s side again, he’s already moving – focusing on the other man that stands there as well. Someone that Kiada doesn’t know – though the amusement that he knew her mother lingers somewhere beneath Kiada’s skin, whether the Penumbra had spoken of her or not, even if she knew the answer to that question already. So all she can do is watch him curiously, a glance given back to Chulane as he tosses one her way.

The mention of help has her nodding slightly, stuffing hands into the pockets of her fur outercoat, flashing Neron a small smile of greeting and agreement that he did certainly look like shit. But that there wasn’t anything that Kiada could do about it. If Chulane had offered to help, she was there to help him. Though the thought runs through her head which Neron might decide – if she’s there too. Would he still pick Chulane, or would he pick her? Would Chulane even be okay with that just as she was okay with this?

Suddenly, a slight flush creeps on her neck from beneath the furs and she swallows hard, looking away from him to the rest of the dispersing crowd along the snowy streets.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NERON
the hailstorm
Morgan, then. Neron hadn't reacted to the news as the votes were cast and the results came in, his expression remaining blank, opinions about it hidden behind tired, steel blue eyes. Now they were on the move and the ex-Warden had not really had it in him to object to Chulane. And so they walked, racing against the cold with his assigned guard trailing some paces behind them, keen to make sure he didn't go on a killing spree or something equally as ridiculous.

"You have a marvellous way with words, sir. Did you know that?" he said quietly, shooting an amused sideways glance to the man who walked beside him. Nez? He decided not to comment on that one. Still, there was only so much avoidance he could muster, especially now. Weaver had offered the same help once upon a time before her fall, and Neron had refused, too prideful and stubborn for it.

Now things were a good deal more desperate, and whilst a quick fix wouldn't be a miracle, it would certainly take the edge off. He hoped. It wasn't even a consideration, that Kiada might take the man's place - Launceleyn he might be, but Neron had manners, you know. "I think perhaps I might," he said stiffly, a frown knotting his eyebrows together. "That is, if your lady friend does not have her objections."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

Perhaps the farmer was being naïve again. Perhaps he was showing his inexperience with all of the oddities this world had to offer. Perhaps he had signed up for something without completely believing the implications, even if Kiada had been very clear what those implications were.

He was a scientist. He didn't believe in anything until he had seen definitive proof.

He also wanted to help. That part was genuine. Though he'd be lying if he didn't find it odd that he was offering his blood to this realm's version of a vampire - but then, a few months ago he couldn't turn into a leopard, either.

He grinned a slanted grin at Neron's comment. Giving nicknames was something of a callback to his homeland, and unless told otherwise, he'd keep giving them to people. He gave another glance to Kia as they walked towards the cottage, eyeing the blush that lightly coloured her with soft curiosity. He offered his hand for her to hold, to interlace their gloved fingers with a gentle squeeze.

"Oh, this is Kia - Kiada," he corrected, so used to only using the shortened version of her name. "Kia, this is Neron." He introduced them, not denying that Kia was his lady friend - he thought of her as much more than that, but that was a thought for another time.

The walk was relatively short to the small cottage he and Kia now resided in, and Chuy told the guard that was trailing them to kindly eff off to the Kraai for a bit, as the pub was but a couple of doors up the street from their cottage. He unlocked and entered the small home, gesturing for Neron make himself at home as well.

"Full disclosure Nez: This whole bite thing sounds pretty intense. I want to be clear that you have my consent to do the bite to me, and following any side-effects, well…" He swallowed, wondering if what Kia had told him about the bite side-effects had been true, or just an exaggeration.

"I want to help you, mate. If weird shit starts going down -" or up, he thought "- as soon as you've had your fill, I'll probably excuse myself to the bedroom to, uh, recover." Well if that wasn't the most awkward thing Chuy had ever said, he didn't know what was.

Now he was the one blushing lightly.

He shed some layers, the warmth of the fireplace (and the blush) sufficient. He sighed as he tried to gather himself. "Kia, if you have any concerns, at any time, please say so." he was looking to her, seeking her support, or to hear any concerns should she have them now.

Then he glanced to Neron once more, and asked, "Do we have an understanding?"

--

ooc: I am SORRY for the long post Chuy has a LOT of thoughts about being bitten hahaha
you know nothing
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
my hands are shaking
It appears as though the conversation goes between Chulane and Neron, and she remains quiet for as much as she can. She has nothing to add, not yet anyway, and it’s not until Chulane is threading his fingers through hers that she realizes the flush that’s crept up her neck as she shoots him a small smile, finally focusing on the question at hand. “I explained to him what it meant.” She offers, giving Chulane’s hand a squeeze as she peers around him toward Neron with a small half smile. “Pleased to meet you, Neron.” She adds quickly, before they’re within their home and Liada’s shedding the gloves that cover her hands and removing the outer coat — unsure this entire time of she should be watching or waiting or…

Chulane’s words reach her and she pauses as she looks back over toward the two men, a small awkward laugh leaving her lips. “Chuy, did I mention that my mother is Ascended?” She offers by ways of him questioning the concerns. Her iceberg gaze flicks to Neron with a small sheepish smile. “You’ll be fine.” She tacks on, flashing him a winning bright smile as her gaze lands on Chulane once more.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
Well wasn’t this delightfully awkward for all involved. Neron nodded to the guard as he was sent on his way, only the promise of drinks and warmth enough to stay him from his duties. It had been a bloody cold stand, waiting for the Warden’s leadership to be decided, and he wasn’t sad for the reprieve. Neron meanwhile ducked into the cottage once he had been invited, smiling gratefully to Kiada in greeting. That her mother was Ascended was interesting to say the least, and he would have questions, perhaps, after all this was said and done.

But then Chulane was speaking and despite the dire situation he found himself in, the Hailstorm found himself patiently hearing the other man out. He nodded his understanding, ruffling a hand back through his hair and glancing around the place as if to avoid looking at Chuy directly. ”That sounds fine to me. I don’t exactly have much reference to go on, so far. Where did you want to...?” He motioned vaguely to the other man’s neck, his wrist and so on.
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

Feeling quite the awkward, naïve and inexperienced lad, Chulane said his piece and waited for their reactions. Kia, supportive and playful as always, injected the comment about her mother (he assumed she meant the queen one, the mother from another world, not the one she had chosen, who was with Deimos). He grinned back at her, appreciating her support and humour even in moments of complete and utter awkwardness, knowing that they would survive this moment if they stayed together - the pathway of open communication between them was the key to their success, no matter the topic, they could talk it out.

An understanding was reached between everyone, boundaries drawn and decided, agreed upon. The awkwardness was rampant, but it wasn't just a matter of 'fun' experimentation either - it was a matter of survival for the Hailstorm. Chuy reminded himself of this as he listened to the man's words, before nodding and gesturing to the chairs and table for them all to sit at. "I think wrist is best," he said as he rolled his sleeves up to expose the muscled forearm, the fluffy dark hair that covered his whole body present there as well, though less so on the smooth underside of his wrist - the skin was pale from lack of sunshine exposure since being rugged up for Deepfrost, and smooth, scarless.

He offered the arm to Neron, before redirecting his gaze over to Kia with an odd smile on his lips - to find strength in her, to steady himself in this decision, to quietly question if he wasn't totally insane.
you know nothing
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
my hands are shaking
She’d never actually meant to try and keep it as a secret – but she catches Chulane’s bright grin back and settles a bit more as they enter the cottage. She’s never seen anyone be bit by an Ascended – just knew what it would do, how it was. She’s never been bit herself either, and all of this is entirely a new experience for her as well. At least she harbors no jealousy – too confident in their relationship to be worried when Neron so clearly needed it.

So she slips toward Chulane a bit more, wanting the awkwardness to get over with as soon as possible. A hand reaches out to rest along his shoulders, and she glances quickly to the offered wrist before averting her gaze toward Neron, then to literally anywhere else – waiting. She can feel Chulane’s gaze on her, and she eventually ends up looking back down toward him – pasting on an easy face.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
It was all settled then. Following after them and nodding at Chulane’s request, Neron seated himself at the table and decidedly didn’t look at the couple beside him. ”I owe you for this,” he said eventually. Had he still possessed the need to breathe, he’d have let out a deep sigh; as it was, he merely took up the offered arm and prepared himself for he didn’t know what.

Still, even if Neron didn’t know what to do, instinct took over soon enough, and the Hailstorm leant in to sink his fangs into Chuy’s wrist. The effect was near immediate; blood welled and pleasure, as foreign and familiar as a friend not seen in years, crackled throughout the Ascended. His fingers spasmed, the feeling most certainly not something that he would have ever associated with Chulane, but gods it had been so long since he had felt anything at all... it would be a complete lie to say that he wasn’t enjoying it.
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

He didn't do it to be owed favours. He did it because it was the right thing to do. He could endure a bit of discomfort, an awkward afternoon, to help another, even if he knew little about Neron as a whole, he considered him amongst those who had helped him survive this world of cold and harsh realities. He leaned back slightly, into Kia's form that stood behind him, supportive of him always, even in his more foolish endeavours.

There was perhaps an instant, a fraction of a moment, whereby Neron's lips pressed against his wrist, his teeth just barely scratching the surface of his skin, that Chuy thought ah, this isn't so bad. Pleasure? What pleasure?

And then Neron actually bit down and… most thoughts were chased away by an influx of that exact thing he was questioning before. He felt it run through him like a shot, an injection of heat that ran up and down his spine, settling somewhere around his loins. His pulse quickened, his eyes widened a moment before he blinked, and refocussed on the blue eyes and full lips of "Kia".

With his free hand he tugged at her to bend to his level, to fall onto his awaiting lips, to drink her presence even as Neron drinks his - a definite bulge pressing against his pants. Later, when all is settled and quiet and normal again, he would look back on this afternoon and laugh, and admit that he scepticism was misplaced, that indeed an Ascended bite was a powerful thing, and a pleasurable one at that.
you know nothing
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
my hands are shaking
Gods if this wasn’t so fucking awkward.

She spends the moment in anticipation, chewing and gnawing on the inside of her cheek while she waits for it to start – torn between watching it and looking away, because what’s polite? Sighing quietly, she does glance toward Neron as he goes to bite down on Chulane’s wrist, her attention immediately flickering to Chulane as the feeling takes over and he’s tugging at her and she’s skittering a bit closer – as her nickname slips from his lips in a tone that’s incredibly familiar to her.

She blushes, hard, bending over to meet him and press her lips to his – focusing on this and simply trying to ignore the fact that Neron is here too. Her arm slips around Chulane’s shoulders now, keeping herself as close as he might need while her cheeks flare an incredibly bright shade of scarlet.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
It was all consuming; pleasure set his nerves alight, chasing itself throughout his body and seizing his mind enough for him to forget that Kiada and Chuy were even there. He supposed it would be different in a setting that was not so... clinical. But for a first awakening into what it could really mean to be an Ascended, Neron was entirely self-possessed.

Only when he realised his teeth were still buried in the other man’s arm did he have the forethought to release him, fingers slipping from around Chulane’s wrist that he might slump back in his chair. The faint metallic taste remained on his tongue, blood painting his lips red in startling contrast to skin made pale by the night and the snow. There was a faint flush to his cheeks, however, put there by someone else’s warmth and life, and it would likely fade in a few moments.

”Thanks,” he managed, somewhat slurred, trying to grasp at the pieces of himself in the hope that he could drag them back together.
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE

It was an overwhelming sensation, a river of pleasure running from the point where Neron bit into him, stimulating him in ways he could never imagine possible. It wasn't just the heat that pulsed softly somewhere around his groin, but also the sheer euphoria, the abandonment of his worries and concerns, the embracement of everything wonderful.

He barely registered that Neron was there, causing this sensation, drinking his blood. Perhaps he'd feel lightheaded soon, or perhaps he'd barely noticed, given the amount of blood that was running certain places around his body right now. And with Kia's hot lips pressed against his own, he could wholly lose himself in this moment, in the pleasure, the elation, the ecstasy.

Goddamn, the idle thought flickered through his head as he became aware for a moment amongst the bliss, rising from the fog of happiness, they weren't kidding when they said pleasurable. When Neron released him he broke his deep kiss with Kia, mostly to catch his breath again, but also because the disconnection seemed to wake him up from this haze.

He sat, still squeezing on Kia's arm with his hand, retracting his other one to idly adjust the tablecloth to poorly hide the swell in the front of his pants. At Neron's thanks he swallowed a rather deep gulp, but was ultimately smiling - how could he not be after an experience as exhilarating as that?

"Happy to help," he commented with a chuckle, unable to blush fully (his blush was evidently draining from Neron's cheeks even as he looked at the man), but certainly feeling a bit embarrassed. Glancing at the arm the Ascended fed from, he suddenly let his focus tune into the bite, lifting it close to his face to look closer at it, curious at the clean puncture marks, the slight blood smear.

"Right," he said as if his loins suddenly sent a reminder that things had been set in motion down there that needed to be finished. "Well, I'm going to the bedroom. Stay as long as you need, Nez." With a nod to the man, Chuy then glanced to Kia with a small smirk, not wanting to pressure her into anything (he could complete this task on his own perfectly fine), but certainly not denying her either.

Then he rose, tugging his shirt low and making his way to the room indicated.

What a fucking weird afternoon, he would think, when all was said and done.

--

Fin for Chuy!
you know nothing
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
my hands are shaking
Oh she has no idea what to expect, what to think, as she just tries to focus on Chulane and helping distract him from the bite. Her lips pressed to his, keeping his attention on her and trying to ignore the fact that Neron is right there. And it works, at first, only for a few moments before she can feel the shift and Neron’s sitting back, as he’s thanking Chulane and her cheeks flare an even more incredibly dark shade of red.

Feathers ruffle awkwardly along her shoulders as she pulls away from Chulane, spends a moment biting on her lip – glancing to Neron before looking away to where Chulane fiddles. And after he inspects his arm, he’s moving and Kiada slips away from the side of the chair to give him room to move, keeping her hand in his before following him toward the bedroom – still so incredibly awkward about this entire ordeal even though she wasn’t the one directly involved.

Still, she offers an almost sheepish smile back to Neron. She’s got nothing else to add, nothing else to say. He doesn’t need to eat, and Chuy described the idea perfectly that he could just… Stay however long. Still, the thought hits her as she follows Chulane into the bedroom and closes the door behind them.

FIN (unless youd like to post again Honey <3)
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA