oblivion
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
took her hair out the bow and laid that ribbon in my hand
That night she'd dreamt of bats.

A swarm of them, flying around her head, picking at her blonde curls and whispering in her ear. Humming as they had the night she'd seen them with Rance, their eerie cadence then now a sweet song in her ear. Like honey on the tongue, she felt comforted by it, though wild as it was it was a good dream.

When she awoke, it was still dark outside. Which wasn't odd, the stress of the impending LongNight and the move pilgrimage that came with it had kept her restless the past few nights. However she she awoke in her room at the manor today something felt different. The leopardess paced at her core, a fire that always burned there. But another ember had ignited, an ember that burned a different light. She could feel it twisting and pulling, urging her to shift.

And so she did, thinking little of it, stepping up from her bed as though it was instinct. Her feet did not become dapple paws, and they did not press against the wood flooring. Her eyes did not glow sunny yellow in the moonlight. They were dark like the night, but full of a new kind of sight. Detailed and wonderful, and exciting.

She found as well that she remained off the floor, flapping leathery wings. Blazing plumage covered her neck and back, and the crest of her head. Ears swiveled, hearing more than she could even in her leopard skin. Her teeth were a familiar kind of sharp, and that familiarity was welcome. The golden crown had finally settled into a second shift, and though it was new she wasn't scared. It felt right.

Wobbly but right. Unfortunately, wobbly prevailed, and on fledgling wings she tried to stay aloft, but instead began to veer towards the ground. That would warrant some practice for sure, for now she caught onto the blanket on her bed and climbed up with her claws, coming to rest awkwardly on the plush sheets. Exhiliration building in her chest, she called out in the attuned bond, "Oliver!" hoping perhaps he was around to hear.

Oliver BAT AISHA!
AISHA
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
A voice woke him from his slumber, calling out to him through the attuned bond.

Letting out a sharp groan he found himself getting out of bed. There were no human screams, but then again, that didn't necessarily mean everything was a-okay. Aisha you better be okay. Was sent on complete accident through the bond, seeing as Oliver hadn't quite realized he could now use it as this normal form.

Leaping out of bed wearing nothing but pants Oliver rushed out the door and sprinted towards the room that Aisha resided in. Preparing himself to use his magic immediately, Oliver slammed open the door and immediately started looking around.

"Aisha? Aisha respond to me, please. Are you okay?" He took a cautious step forward, prepared to fight for his life to help her out seeing as, well, she was nowhere to be seen.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The response through the bond was a relief, and she settled into where she sat on the mattress as she waited for him. "I'm fine I just-" she didn't get to finish that bit before the door was slammed open by a half clothed Oliver, who looked ready to fight. At first she was confused as to why he couldn't see her - then she remembered that she was monumentally smaller than she'd ever been before.

The molten maned bat flapped her wings a little, then crawled closer to the wooden bed post, hooking a razor claw onto the edge and holding on there. "Blondie I'm down here, I'm a fucking bat," and though the words were spoken with a slight bite, there was nothing but excitement and happiness about her.
AISHA
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
While he would've believed that she was fine not seeing her really didn't make him think she was fine. It was the shock of his life to see a flutter of a wing before her voice rang out in his head.

Also- did she hear him talk? Before? Whatever- that was a bridge to cross on a later day because holy fuck she's a bat.

Wide eyes and a smile appeared on his face and he took a few steps forward, making his way over to the bed. "Aisha! This is fantastic news!" Well shit, look at her! Getting a bat shift and all! "Did it just... happen? Just now?" Now over to the bed he carefully took a seat on it before holding out a hand, giving her the opportunity to either climb on or grab hold. New shifts were always exciting times and seeing as she had come through having experienced shifting into a leopard, she never got the thrill of shifting for the first time.

"Look at you. Wings and all."
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Olivers stance relaxed as she made herself visible, and she practically beamed at his smile (if a bat could beam). Fiery fur ruffled and puffed at his praise, she shifted a little more, flapping her wings a bit for show. "Mmmmhm!" she hummed, flaunting her joy on the tone of her voice, "I just kinda woke up and felt different, like I needed to shift. Thought I was gonna be a leopard but then I was flying."

Speaking of flying, she hadn't started out too great at it. Of course that was something she would deny, and try to hide unless he brought it up. Too prideful for admitting a fault, even when she was so new to it all. Instead she shifted once more, though it was obvious in her clumsiness that she wasn't fully adjusted yet. The leopard's grace did not translate automatically.
AISHA
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Bats were common to see hanging upside down, mostly in the tops of churches where the bells were or in abandoned buildings, so it was quite amusing to see one fully upright and trying to walk around like a normal creature. "Really? Just flying already, no problems?" There's clear amusement in his voice as he doubts that her first flight went without hitch. Flying for the first time can be difficult, while instincts typically kick in it can be a bit daunting and overwhelming.

Shifting down into his fox form, he hoped that this would allow them to maintain eye contact much better. I cant do too much in this form... but how'd you like to try out this new shift of yours? Take it out for a test? After all, I do have a fantastic woodpecker shift that is perfect for flying around with you. Hopefully she'd accept his offer, seeing as he had worded in a careful way so not to suggest that she was a poor flyer, merely that she may want to use this new shift a bit.
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Damn it Oliver, stop being there for all her embarassing moments. Like being a bat who can't fly well. Yet of course, yet being the key word. Still, it was rather annoying that she'd veered the the ground so crudely. "What can I say, I'm a natural," she joked, though fully aware that he was on to her.

She watched with dark eyes wide as Oliver shifted down into his fennec fox form, which now looked far bigger than it ever had before. He suggested they go for a trial run, and while she didn't particularly want to look a fool in front of someone, there was no one she'd rather it be than Oliver. With a sigh, that would've been a rumble in her feline body or a low hum as a human but that came out as a high pitched yip, she crawled from her bed post perch to the edge of the bed.

"You've convinced me," she cooed back with her theatrical flair, then dropped from her perch, spreading her wings to catch herself on the wind. She glided for a moment, but in favor of not crashing she tried to stop herself by flapping some more, hovering at least. That was the first step, like swimming. Float before you  go across the ocean, flap before you fly.
AISHA
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Being there for all her blunders was kinda his duty. Who else would be there to cheer her on or tell stories seasons later of such failures? When one can laugh at their failures they have truly succeeded, at least that's how it works in Oliver's mind. "Spoken like a true bat expert!" The grin is so obvious on his face at this point and really, it's more playful than malicious.

Watching her go on, Oliver remained in his fox form at first. Nervous wings fluttered and she made her way through the room. At one point she came to an awkward standstill, flapping her wings and trying to maintain some sort of balance. Shaking his head he let out an almost laugh before shifting into his woodpecker form.

Wings fluttered and he headed towards her. You gotta loosen up! Don't be worried about crashing and burning! It's too bad that he doesn't have healing magic, but it would all work out well in the end. Feel your wings. Let your instincts take wind. His wings fluttered and he made his way out of the doorway and landed in the hall. Come on! The hallway is a perfect place.
wear that silver lining, wear it close to your skin
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha's head swiveled bat towards Oliver at his laugh, large pivotal ears twitching as she did. She started to steady as she listened to his words, reacting on instinct while she was distracted. What he said made sense, it seemed right, but for someone who generally liked control she found an odd rigidity when wanting to let go.

But she'd try, small lava painted chest rising and falling faster than ever, her heart beating at a quicker rate. There were so many new feelings to experience, and she wanted to feel it all. With a couple more flaps she glided out into the hallway with Oliver, who'd shifted to a small red headed woodpecker.

The larger beast, her wings far wider than his, took up position at the end of the hall, practicing her hover before attempting a flight to the other side. At first, she felt wobbly, felt as though she could crash and burn, but after a couple seconds she felt the mechanics of flight, eased into the way her wings felt against the breeze she created, the way her fur ruffed around her face.

The flying fox reached the end of the hallway and shot Oliver a look that mimicked a smile, a foxy smile. "Did you see that?" she said, a hint of pride in her tone. And determination, for only seconds after she was taking off to the other end of the hallway again, this time even coming to grab onto a door frame, perching upside down and holding on with her claws. Far more natural than her sit on the bed.
AISHA
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
A chirping akin to laughter leaves the small bird and he shakes his head. Ruffling his wings, he turns and watches as she flies around. Look at you go! And then he took off himself, following after her down the hall and landing swiftly onto the ground. Once more, he ruffled his wings a bit, his feathers puffing out a small bit and his head tilting to the side as he tries to look up at her.

This new body was swiftly becoming easier for her to manage and Oliver was beaming with pride, literally. You sure are batty tonight. There's a cheekiness to him and his beak opens ever so slightly. I'm glad to see that you're doing so well. The once natural fluffing of his feathers was getting a bit antsy. Fly a small bit more and then we should probably get to bed, you'll need to get some rest. Maybe you can practice more tomorrow. Meaning: I'm tired.
wear that silver lining, wear it close to your skin
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Aisha Khai

Change author:
Aisha scoffed down the bond at his cheeky pun, "Spare me the puns," came her playful drawl, golden fur ruffling as she swooped from where she'd hung to the wall and back down the other way. It felt amazing, and it was just as she'd dreamed when she was a kid. To see the world from above, to exist against gravity's will. The leopard could do many things, but never this.

The flying fox heeded Oliver's advice and gave a few more rounds, until she felt confident at least in this confined area. She wasn't tired now, a downfall of having two mostly nocturnal animals sharing your spirit, but she knew he was right. Logically she should return to her dreams, tomorrow she would take her new mammalian form out into the skies. Learn to hang from trees and break into fruits. Exciting stuff, for another day.

She dropped once more from where she'd perched, this time gliding down. With a bit of focus she initiated the shift, landing against the wooden slats on human feet, stumbling a few steps forward but catching herself on the wall. She couldn't help but giggle and turn to beam at Oliver, full teeth and eyes bright. "This was amazing," she said, "Thank you Blondie,"

After their goodnights, Aisha went back into her room and she her door. For a moment she just stood there and leaned against it, breathing in and out and basking in the moonlight from the window. She was more than she ever was now, one more part closer to being whole. She could only wonder what other creatures lurked at the borders of her soul, waiting to claw their way in to her vestige, and join the ranks. The leopard and the bat were pleased tonight, as was the girl, and after flopping onto her bed it took no more than a couple minutes for her to be asleep again.

Fin for Aisha!
AISHA