lighting beacons within ourselves
open luxere singing thread
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
lily
from what i’ve tasted of desire
i hold with those who favor fire

One last song for the luxere before she departs, eh? Sure, she can manage that, and Lily does desperately want to keep her friends who choose to remain safe - even if they can more or less take care of themselves.

Venturing out to the wooded expanse closest to the Temple, Lily is bundled up in her wolf fur cloak, and carrying a makeshift lantern. Shifting her eyes to see a little better in the dark, she nonetheless carries the light for others, in case they want to join her - and for familiarity’s sake. A personal comfort, if you will. Spreading a couple of apples and carrots on the ground in a semi-circle, the entertainer steps back and takes a deep breath.

“Sing me a song
Of a lass that is gone
Say could that lass be I?”

The gentle, haunting melody seems to invade her soul, causing her body to sway and her feet to begin to move in small steps at first, then in circles without any discernible pattern - arms outstretched - as if some ancient ritual is being performed without her knowing it.

“Merry of soul, she sailed on a day
Over the sea to Skye”

-------------------
For those of you familiar with it - she is more or less dancing to the Outlander theme song like the women at the stones XD
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
I will surrender tonight
Before we both lose this fight
The traveling woman is quite apparent with her softly glowing lantern and the sussurration of her feet upon the snow. Copper hair makes it all the more obvious who it is as Evie curiously approaches, and the song that drifts from practiced lips is the last nail of recognition. Though her own exhaustion has been seemingly unending, her anxiety keeps her up and pacing the various lands in a fit of nerves the closer LongNight looms.

Lily's voice is soothing enough to draw Evie close, proceeding a tired smile and weary eyes even as she moves to join the entertainer at a respectful distance. Voice lifting in soft harmonies and repetitions of the verse that Lily constructs, swaying in place as if rocking her own body back away from the metaphorical ledge and into the throes of peace. Allowing Lily her space to dance and cavort about, far too tired to join.
Take my defenses, all my defenses
I lay down my armor
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
lily

It takes a bit before Lily notices the other standing a short distance away, adding nuance to her hymn-like song in a delightful manner. She pauses at the end of the verse, flushed, fire-colored whisps floating about her head like a gentle halo. The singer touches her chest as if she’s slightly lightly embarrassed, though she knows deep down she has nothing to be self-conscious about. Skipping over to Evie, she holds out her gloved hands to her fellow redhead and beckons with a wide smile, continuing to sing as she waits for the woman’s approval or dismissal.

“Mull was astem, Rum on the port
Eigg on the starboard bow.
Glory of youth glowed in his soul,
Where is that glory now?”

If it's granted, she'll tug the woman into the empty space and lead her in a series of easy steps, moving them both in a circle around each other. If not, well then she'll continue on by herself with nary a fuss about it.

"Sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Say could that lass be I?
Merry of a soul, she sailed on a day
Over the sea to Skye"
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
I will surrender tonight
Before we both lose this fight
Evie smiles kindly at the slight fluster she has caused, only for it to rebound upon herself as a hand far gentler and more refined than her own is extended in offering. She takes it nonetheless, laughing hesitantly as she tries not to trod on Lily's toes as they go spinning around in the snow. It's easy enough to grasp after watching, simplistic enough to not draw too much breath away from the singing. And she tentatively begins to repeat the refrain that Lily sings, her own cheeks flush with emotion instead of the cold that she cannot feel. Hoping that the two of them will somehow draw the Luxere close with their girlish delight and friendly communion.
Take my defenses, all my defenses
I lay down my armor
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
lily

As if there was ever any doubt that the luxere would be attracted to the two women, if not for their singing, then for their (mostly) kind hearts and Evie’s healing magic. As Lily starts into the third verse, the shadows begin to move out of the dark trees, small puffs of breath white against the cold air.

“Give me again all that was there,
Give me the sun that shone,
Give me the eyes, give me the soul,
Give me the lad that’s gone.”

And here, the singer slows to a halt, never ceasing to be amazed by the glowing antlers on top of their heads. She pulls a piece of bread out of her pocket and breathlessly offes it to one of the nearest creatures, trying to pet its soft nose while lightly singing the refrain under her breath one last time.

“Sing me a song of a lass that is gone,
Say could that lass be I?
Merry of a soul, she sailed on a day
Over the sea to Skye”