Mini Event When your heart has expired
Rexanna Funeral - Open to anyone
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4967
is it better to be a monster with a heart, or a human without a soul?
my hands are shaking
She tries to ensure that Bastien is settled enough, an arm slung around him as she guides him to his seat. Her tear rimmed eyes shift back toward Deimos at the suggestion of stories, and gods does Kiada have so many – so many of a different woman, but one that remained the same in her heart. She tries to decide what to bring up at first, coming at a loss as her hand idly rubs along Bastien’s back, trying to soothe where she can, when she notices someone she’s never met stand and begin to tell their story of her mother.

And it’s touching, really, another sharp tightness of her throat meets her as she struggles to swallow it down. But then silence encroaches again as they leave, and Kiada decides maybe she can pick something up with it. She gives Bastien’s shoulder a light squeeze before she goes to stand in front of everyone too.

I’m not sure if many of you know or not… But Rexanna was my mother. A different version of her, an older one back where I’m from. I’m not sure how the Portals work in terms of snagging people but…” She trails off with a wave of her hand. “I didn’t know this version of her very well. But I’ve heard that she was similar to my version in many ways. So here goes nothing.” She takes a sharp inhale, gaze seeking out Deimos and Chulane for support, before she glances along the crowd again.

My mother was a strong woman, who would have done anything for her family and her friends. A lot of the time without thinking of herself in the meantime.” A sharp swallow of a tightening throat once more. “She was the type of woman that would’ve helped anyone she could, if you proved yourself to be a decent person she’d be the one offering you a place to stay for a few days to get on your feet. She’d be the one offering you food if you were hungry. She was like that in my version of her, and she was also proud of it. Sometimes she didn’t stick to the rules of things, and sometimes her decisions were questionable at best, but they were always aimed toward a good reason.” She manages a slight curl of her lip to that, a soft smile. “She loved everyone she came in contact with in one way or another. Her heart was so big, I never understood it.” A shake of her head before her voice trembles.

And then she finds Bastien again. “I don’t think I ever will. But I miss her, we will all miss her. I just hope that wherever she is, she can see how much she was loved in return.” She pauses for a few moments, blinking back tears from her eyes, and moving to go and sit beside Bastien again in an attempt to continue to soothe him.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
lily
from what i’ve tasted of desire
i hold with those who favor fire

A small part of her heart breaks when she sees Bastien fall apart at the pulpit, recognizing it as a grief beyond this world. As much as she wants to comfort him, she knows there are others who are better suited to it, who are closer and share more than the two of them. Lily’s hands wring in her lap, unsure if she should speak up when Deimos asks for stories - and luckily, she is spared because a man with amazing hair stands up, followed by Kiada. She’d known a little about Rex’s past - that she came from the same world Deimos did, and that they were different there, but never knew the extent.

What Kiada says rings true with the singer and brings a particularly dear memory to mind, so the redhead stands and engages the small group with a smile.

“Rex and I met at a Masquerade party that turned into an orgy. Which… I’m sure surprises no one.” She chuckles a little, shrugging. They were in the Artist’s Sanctuary, after all. Hopefully they all knew what happened within these walls. And then there was her own house, which had hosted their own parties. “She was always… very well dressed. Beautiful. I marveled at her clothes. But she was also kind, like everyone else said. Wonderfully so. I remember that your wedding -” she looks to Bastien with another smile, “ - was while we were Blighted and she invited me to help her make preparations. It would have been easy to leave me out, but even when I got angry and pitched a fit, she soothed me, made it alright. Directed me towards something easier. There was so much going on and it was supposed to be a happy night - about her - and she still took care of me. Didn’t judge. Multiple times.”

Truth was that she’d seen a lot less of her friend when she became Queen, and that will probably always weight heavy on the entertainer’s heart. But there were many bright, smiling and shining moments with Rexanna, and she’d cling to those instead.

“I didn’t know her as well as most of you,” Lily concludes, as her head begins to fall to her chest. “But I’ll miss her all the same.”
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
war is raging in my head
It wasn't long after she arrived that the funeral officially began, and the emotions flower forth. Even from the back of the crowd Aisha felt overwhelmed by the hurt and sadness in Bastien's speech. Her teeth ground anxiously as she watched, wishing she could help, console. Or better yet go back and change the past. But what happened had happened, and they would have to live with the pain.

Luckily someone closer to him took to his side and brought him up from where he sat. Aisha noticed Oliver next to her, struggling to keep his own emotions under control, and she reached over to take his free hand and squeeze it tight. He was closer with Bastien and Rexanna than she was, and though she wasn't as sure how to be there for the ascended man, she knew how to be there for Oliver. So she tried her best to offer him comfort as they sat in the dark and macabre silence.

After that moment, the gathered were offered a chance to talk. Aisha didn't feel right saying anything, so she listened, grew teary, laughed, and simply felt the sentiments that were shared with her. So many anecdotes of a life well lived, Rexanna would surely be missed.
don't know which side wants me dead
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

Thankfully, it seemed that the others in attendance were willing to be the masters for this ceremony. Bastien sat quietly, trying to get his emotions under control before they pulled him beneath the roiling waves; the stories told by those that stood brought odd, quick and soft smiles to his face as he listened to them, which quickly washed away but nevertheless he was glad to hear them.

Eventually, it was clear there were no more stories to come. Now recovered enough to stand and turn to face his audience, he paused for a long moment as he looked over them: it felt once this was done Rexanna was truly gone and he wished he could suspend time here, make sure everyone would remember her until the end of time...of course, no one could. He sighed and nodded, accepting in some part of himself that it was time to end this for the guests.

"Thank you, everyone, for attending. I apologise for my ah...outburst, but I hope you will all understand...and also understand my not giving a particularly impressive ending speech. I appreciate you all being here. The Sanctuary may be closed some days in the upcoming weeks, but if the doors are open, feel free to enter and share a drink with me." That said he gave one last pushed smile then let silence fall, music beginning again on the thought player to send people out.

{FIN}
Thanks for coming!
Oh, and there we were all in one place
A generation lost in space