my heart is drenched in wine
for jack
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eloise
Darling, you take the high horse
and I'll take the high road
Unable to resist stirring the pot when the opportunity arose, Eloise had stolen the captain's flask while he was showering. She'd heard tales that it was endless, and while she couldn't be entirely sure that that wasn't one of those tales that just followed Jack around like a lost puppy, she was more than happy to find out. That, and it was likely enough to make Jack seek her out to demand it back.

Draped in a white loose wrap with her toes buried deep in the sand, Eloise rested her arms comfortably against bent knees as she stared out at the sea. In the distance the Ark bobbed contentedly while the crew continued to prep her. Once the sun rose again Eloise and the rest of the crew would set sail, so she indulged herself and gave into the warm glow of the setting sun this one last time.
If you're too good for us,
you'll be good riding solo
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
it's not your fault that you're always wrong
”If you don’t quit your sticky fingers, one day you’ll be buried under this beach.” Jack’s tone, while cheerful, held a hint of playfully familiar menace from somewhere behind Eloise. The captain strode barefoot across the sand to her, slumping down to sit beside her with his eyes on the sunset. ”Figured that you couldn’t see in LongNight without my flask, eh?”

Leaning back on one hand, he held out the other expectantly in the hope that she would have left him at least a sip. It wasn’t endless - not yet, anyway - but that was no excuse for rudeness from his navigator.
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Eloise
"Better than left for dead in some alley." Eloise returned promptly, not bothering to turn around to see whose voice it was. She need telepathy for that, though she did feel a surge of smugness as he sat down next to her. It wasn't so much that she was proud of herself for successfully manipulating him into coming here, so much as she was glad to have a better understanding of some of what was going on behind Jack's deadly blue eyes.

"I just didn't want to see it sober." The navigator replied, handing over the flask without argument. "And everyone knows your personal reserve is the best." Being Jack's mistress—or whatever Torchline thought Eloise was to Jack—obviously had its perks, but she'd never come close to achieving the quality of bribes the captain received.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
”Left for dead? You? Why, you’re not nearly so reckless as that are you?” Jack’s eyes widened comically, and he took the flask and uncorked it in one fluid motion. ”I can’t fault you for that, love. Daresay this LongNight will be longer’n usual if I’ve got you cooped up with me the whole time.” A lie, really; they’d be neither sober nor unoccupied, and one might only imagine what they would get up to.

”It might be, but next time askin’ would be preferable.” Code for: stop stealing my shit Eloise. Handing the flask back, Jack’s gaze moved from the sunset across to the silhouette of the Ark. ”Still, when the light comes back, we’ll be on the water again.”
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Eloise
"I sure hope not. What a terrible quality to have in a navigator, besides." Eloise replied with a comical roll of her eyes. "Mmm, I don't doubt it. They do say time seems to slow while you've got your hands on something hot." The illusionist countered. Of course that adage had to do with pain, but then again she and Jack weren't always free of that, so she figured the saying fit well enough.

Glancing across at him, dark eyes flitting over his expression to gauge just how serious of a request this was, the illusionist gave a noncommital nod. "Where do we go? Can we sail around the continent? Are there more lands beyond the horizon?" Placing the flask against her lips, Eloise tilted her head back. The burn of the alcohol was slow and warm and provided ample defence against the stirring breezes.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
”Isn’t it just? Why, the navigator I had before you came along was the most reckless. Got some of the crew killed on our last outing.” Jack bounced his eyebrows at her, snorting and letting a lopsided grin spread across his face. A long way from then, he had hope that the new blood they had on board would be safe for at least one trip. Had to season the crew somehow.

”There are a few stops to make. I have some pick-ups from the merfolk, some trades to make. Then... I don’t know. Want to find out?” If there were lands beyond the horizon, he meant. ”Maybe I’ll even let you sail us across the Maw again.”
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Eloise
"I take it that's a challenge I shouldn't rise to?" Eloise asked innocently enough, though they both knew her reckless streak was more than a country mile wide and she'd easily be able to steal the title away from Jack's former navigator without breaking a sweat.

"I already know there are other worlds. Why not other lands?" The illusionist replied, her eyes looking hungry for the sort of adventure that only the unknown (and Jack) could give.

"Oh, let me? A right gentleman, you." She scoffed, taking another drink and then shoving the flask towards Jack's chest as if liquor might soften him somewhat.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
”I hope you don’t,” Jack said, snorting and shifting to sit up properly, dusting the sand off his hand on the knee of his pants. There was a familiar twang of longing in his own expression, and it was unclear whether it was an echo of Eloise’s thoughts or his own need to get back out on the ocean.

”I have my moments,” he said on the subject of being a gentleman, though it was unlikely that Eloise had ever really experienced one of those moments. He took the flask back and lifted it to his lips, wiping his mouth on the back of his hand. ”Why not other lands?” he echoed. ”Maybe we’ll find a new island.”
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Eloise
Indeed she hadn't, nor did she ever expect to. Even bare kindness on Jack's part was enough to make Eloise skeptical. If he so much as pulled a chair out for her, she'd think he was possessed with more confidence than that he was simply being nice.

"Maybe." Eloise agreed. "Though if we do, don't be so sure you'll be in charge of it." Turning, the navigator flashed Jack a feline smile, scrunching her nose in a gesture that was both adorable and challenging all at the same time. 'None of this 'Jack gets to lead because he's had his balls juggled the longest by the most amount of mouths', bullshit." She added, eyeing him tauntingly out of the side of her eye.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
”As if I would have any interest in leadin’ it,” Jack said with a snort, narrowing his eyes across at her and tilting his head back to empty the rest of the flask, thus proving it was not magical. ”Only thing I’m interested in leadin’ is my ship, an’ I already got her. You can have the island. Eloise gets to lead because she’s juggled the most balls with her mouth for the longest time.” He grinned.

Now that the alcohol was gone and the sun almost down, Jack hauled himself to his feet and tucked the flask away. ”C’mon. Another LongNight come and gone, and we can get back out on the sea. No volcanos.”
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Eloise
"Well, the alternative is you taking orders from someone else, and we all know how much you like that." So saying, Eloise nosed towards the flask she'd taken as if that was evidence in support of her claim. Frowning as she watched him drain the last of it, the navigator huffed under her breath being not nearly as buzzed as she was planning on being by the time the alcohol ran dry.

Frowning and then sarcastically pulling a face in his direction, Eloise shook her head. "We'll be cooped up for months. What's the hurry?" Glancing towards the horizon, the illusionist gestured vaguely towards the crack of light still spilling out. "Unless you've a better offer?" She asked, brow raised as she turned her head to look up at him.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
”And there was a time when I didn’t think you were gonna be able to learn anythin’,” Jack said, voice rough and filled with surprising good humour. The end of Deepfrost and the prospect of being out on the water again did that to him, clearly. ”The hurry,” he said, already beginning to meander backwards across the sand, ”is that whenever there’s an occasion in Torchline, there’s a helluva party. And there’s the rest of the bottle to go with this flask, if you’re game.”

A crooked grin spread across his face, and he shook he flask at her enticingly. ”But if that ain’t a good enough offer, you can stay here with your tiny wink of sunlight.” Shrugging, Jack turned on heel to walk away, whistling tunelessly.
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Eloise
"Well, I guess that's both of us then able to learn new things." The illusionist snarked back with a grin of satisfaction. It fell away as Jack properly began to walk in the opposite direction (he wasn't one you could play hard to get with, that was for fucking sure), leaving Eloise to scramble to her feet knowing full well he'd leave her behind.

"Nah, I get my fill of small winks of things back on the Ark." Eloise hummed under her breath, trotting a few steps until she was at Jack's side. Not quite matching his pace stride for stride, her legs being a good deal shorter than his, she kept up well enough. 'So, y'gonna come watch me bust Zeph's balls down in the Fingers, or what?" She asked casually enough, though in truth actually wanting to know whether or not Jack would be there. Though Zeph was horny enough to want to keep her in one piece, there was no one she felt safer around than Jack, fucked up as that was.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
”I never stop,” Jack said on the subject of learning things, glancing over his shoulder a fraction as she came falling into stride with him (sort of). ”You get your fill of somethin’, that’s for sure. I thought you’d know me better by now than to think I care about size.” Whatever the wink, from the sounds coming from his cabin, the crew likely had no doubts about what happened behind those closed doors.

The mention of Zeph had the captain letting out a cackle, Jack burying his hands in the pockets of his jacket and heading up onto the boardwalk, bare feet silent on the wood. ”Alas, no,” he said. ”I’ve set up a body guard for the lot of you, though. Zeph will love it.” He cast a sidelong look at her. ”Why, did you want me there?”