my heart is drenched in wine
for jack
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eloise
Darling, you take the high horse
and I'll take the high road
'You might not.' The illusionist replied with a raised brow. Defiant though her tone might be, they both knew he satisfied her in ways she couldn't deny. The access to her thoughts notwithstanding, there were certain physical responses to his touch that she couldn't fake.

Wrapping her white shawl around her dark shoulders, Eloise padded softly after him. "A body guard? Are you sure you don't mean baby sitter?" Still, she was disappointed to say the least, not that it needed saying. "Of course I did. With you along, the IQ of the group would double." Eloise replied. "Besides, I'm only going to get Zeph where he needs to be. I figured you'd want to come along to see that he doesn't fuck it up."
If you're too good for us,
you'll be good riding solo
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
it's not your fault that you're always wrong
It was quite pleasant, actually, to have this kind of back and forth with Eloise without the vitriol or the threat of death that came along with it. ”Oh I absolutely did mean baby sitter. I have heard he’s quite a good one though,” he said, padding along the boardwalk and towards the dark shape of the Ark nestled alongside the other ships.

”If I didn’t trust Zeph not to fuck things up I’d not leave him on shore every season we go out,” he pointed out, raising an eyebrow back at Eloise. ”Besides, I’d not want to steal his thunder constantly. Let him lead the show for a bit. It’s good for his old bones.”
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Eloise
"Oh? Do I get any more of a hint than that, or this one of your wait and see plans?" Eloise wondered, assuming it was the latter.

Snorting at that, the illusionist shook her head, nudging her shoulder into Jack's. "Right, yeah. His remaining on the shore having nothing at all to do with the fact he's no desire to be out at sea with you." Rolling her eyes a touch mischievously, the illusionist just shrugged. 'Aye well, he's got one bone in particular he fancies he'll be flexing more than the others, down there." This wasn't said to make Jack jealous. Not only did Eloise doubt he was capable of such a thing (possessive was probably the closest he would come), but she didn't want to ruin their easy and non-lethal banter by actually riling him. No, she just wanted to poke at whatever insecurity he might be harbouring about the efficacy of Zeph's leadership, that's all.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
”Less wait and see and more of it’s a surprise,” Jack drawled, approaching the gangplank of the Ark and standing aside, as usual, for Eloise to go first. Less politeness and more paranoia, it was all but a habit by this point. ”Fine,” he relented, following after her. ”If you must know, I’m ropin’ our good friend the Arbiter in to take care of you all.”

Snorting at her remark, Jack moved on deck and seemed to relax, as was normally the case once he returned to the Ark. ”More fool him,” he said of Zeph. ”Though if he’s got time to flex his cock while you’re doin’ whatever you’re doin’ in the Fingers, I worry for him.”
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Eloise
"Aww. You know how much I adore surprises." Whether he did or didn't was entirely beside the point, as was the truth of her words. It was all just banter now, taken as easily as the last drops of alocho9l from the flask had been. Striding forwards, her hips switching from side to side more than was strictly necessary, Eloise came to an abrupt halt as Jack mentioned who their babysitter was.

Spinning around on her toes, entirely nimble and graceful despite the liquor humming through her veins, the illusionist narrowed her eyes. 'Sunjata?" She all but demanded, her hands suddenly on her hips. "The one who just built a new jail...who's up the governors ass babysitting his kid, is gonna toodle down into the fingers with the lot of us and just...I suppose not act on anything he hears or sees, huh?" Eloise knew she wasn't entitled to justification from Jack, but fuck if it didn't sound ridiculous.

"Ahh yeah, because you men-folk are usually so very rational about when it comes to flexing your cocks."
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
”Then I am sorry to have spoiled this one. You and Sunjata can have a wonderful ol’ time down in the Fingers and deal with whatever shit is there, and hey, if he gets eaten he gets eaten.” Jack at least had the decency to ogle her, since she was putting so much effort into swishing those hips (it was all about that appreciation, after all), and he brushed past her to get to his cabin even with the way she had stopped to huff at him.

”I actually thought he was pretty on side until he knifed Zeph in the face,” he said casually. ”Course, I soon figured out it was an accident. But I already roughed him up, so... in for a penny an’ all that.”
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Eloise
"If he gets eaten, he gets eaten." Eloise huffed under her breath, annoyed that she didn't understand Jack's plans (when did she ever), and more annoyed at how easily he slid around her, continuing on as if she wasn't an obstacle at all. He knew she liked to have the last word, and that usually meant being able to force him to some sort of halt. Clearly tonight, he wasn't having it.

"He what?" Bursting out with laughter, Eloise trailed behind Jack with a shit-eating grin. Hearing it was an accident was a bit disappointing. 'Guess Zeph'll really have to flex that cock of his then, if he can't rely on that pretty face to do the work."

Following Jack into his cabin, Eloise kicked the door closed with a foot. "So those two idiots, me, and the one with the arrows." Counting on her fingers, Eloise dropped her hands to her sides with an exasperated sigh. "Can't wait."
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
”Well I dunno, scars are apparently quite allurin’, dependin’ on who he wants to rope into his bed.” The answer was no one, in truth, but it was still fun to poke fun. Jack shot Eloise a crooked, knowing sort of grin as she closed the cabin door behind them. ”Listen, you just keep everyone from murderin’ each other an’ they’ll get you outta there alive. I got business up here.” It was called staying alive, mostly.

Taking a half empty bottle from the drawer of his desk (it was the same stuff that had filled the flask). ”Would it make you feel better if we got drunk and fucked before headin’ to the Hanged Man?” he inquired, offering her out the bottle.
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Eloise
'Me?" Sauntering closer, the illusionist raised a brow. "Last I checked I was your navigator Jack. Does this new assignment come with a pay raise?" As if on cue, the captain pulled out a half full bottle, which she instantly took.

"Yeah, it would." She answered matter of factly. Pulling at one knot at her shoulder, the shift she wore dropped to the ground revealing, predictably, nothing beneath. With a hand against the captain's shoulder, she shoved him towards the bed as the room dissolved into a serene sea-scape around them. Offering him the flask and guiding one of his hands to grip her hip as she shoved him back onto the bed, she waited for him to drain the amber liquid before stealing the last sticky-sweet remnants of it from his lips.

~FIN