Mini Event Something is Afoot!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Oliver
The unfamiliar ascended seems very confident that they have uncovered the murderer.... except they don't utter a name. Raising an eyebrow towards the individual, he shakes his head and instead focuses on the briefcase, which of course, doesn't open. Oliver stops himself from looking at Melita, immediately feeling as though he doesn't trust her.

Tapping his foot on the ground, he lifts his gaze up. "Aisha could you please check the pots and tell me the numbers on them?" Of course he didn't trust Melita. Before Aisha could leave, Oliver held a hand out. "Could you give me your numbers as well?"

If Aisha did give Oliver her numbers, he would immediately put in the first number into the briefcase. Meaning, if the number was 312, he would use a 3 on the briefcase. Bastien's words were confusing and he could only hope that the other two would give some insight, seeing as Melita was being suspiciously quiet. "We need to figure out what the words mean. Melita, what do you think your numbers mean if they weren't for the briefcase?"
My heart beating, my soul breathing,
I found my life when I laid it down,
Upward falling, spirit soaring
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
my lovely prey, i'm a cliche
The numbers fit in the lock, but they did not serve their presumed purpose. 6 7 3 my ass, they'd better try something else. Bastien's words did throw her off a bit, she was at half a mind to just try and pry the lock off or rip into the briefcase with her claws, but Oliver got to her before she could suggest it. Go check the pots again, she nodded with a rueful glance to the case, and a suspicious pass to Melita.

Before she left the room she handed off her list of numbers. A smirk to her friend, and to the other suspects, she went back to the pots, to give her own assessment.

Aisha gives Oliver her numbers to put into the lock, and then goes to check the pots for herself.
for us, the bourgeoisie, so care free

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Osozo
all watched over by machines of loving grace

Bastien's words ring around their head, making Osozo step back, look at the mystery, the pieces they had from a different perspective. And like this, it seems so simple so obvious, that it's a wonder none of them had the thought in the first place. Why, they wouldn't even have to worry about the code, the order it was meant to be in, or the strange string of numbers Aisha had found.

"Oh, I think I know what to do!" Osozo steps close to Oliver, hand coming out to ask for the case silently, the tips of their hair brightening to a delighted pink as a mischievous grin spreads over their lips. "May I?" If the other man gave up the case, Osozo would lift it up to their face, as if examining it closely, then smash it to the ground as hard as they could, bypassing the lock in the simplest, least elegant way imaginable.

Osozo asks for the case from Oliver so they can smash it on the ground and reveal what's inside without messing around with the code

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
don't pull me, don't pull me down from the ceiling
Bastien kept his face carefully passive during the conversation about the numbers and lock, simply watching to see what his guests would do.

When Aisha looked at the pots in descending order, she would find that the code was '7 9 4'; scrawled on the back of each pot was one number and they were potentially easy to mix up, possibly explaining Melita's earlier mistake.

As it turned out though, the code would not matter: Osozo took the case from Oliver and smashed it onto the ground with enough force that it did indeed crack open: Bastien leaned back from his spot over Rexanna, an amused smile slowly taking over the shock on his face as the contents of the case fell out onto the floor.

A knife, with red 'blood' covering the tip of the blade, clattered out. Upon further inspection, it would appear to have two lines of text etched into the metal:

1. 231 231 1365247 4213
2. LLEDIK ETH NEUEQ

---
Well done, Osozo! The case is open by your ah...forceful method, and a new clue has been revealed!

Round 6/8.
BASTIEN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
every time she burns to ashes
Melita paid absolutely no mind to any annoyed stares or grumbles cast in her direction, all the more curious when the Ascended took matters into their own hands. In a stunning display and feat of strength, the case was smashed to the ground, and she tilted her head to watch, a little clap in there too for congratulations purposes, the curious and insightful measures eager to see what was contained within. And sure enough, a knife glistened, stained in blood. The youth squatted down, eyeing the numbers, the little code, but her brows furrowed. Was it all part of the game, the ploy? “I thought Ascendeds didn’t have blood. Just had fluid.” Would this indicate a decoy in the murder weapon? Could it be a red herring? Rexanna wouldn’t be able to “bleed”, technically, the way most of them in the room did.
she knows how to rise again
Melita

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Osozo
all watched over by machines of loving grace

If there's an argument when they grab the case, it's ignored in favour of the explosive opening they've decided on, a remarkably successful move, if they do say so themself. Though, the case is ignored in favour of the knife, daubed with red. Osozo picks it up quickly, their hair shifting a bright green, eye's fading out to near white as they examine the apparent murder weapon, the inscriptions on it.

"There's another message." They announce to the room, twirling the knife between their fingers. "Lledik eth neueq." Again, their tongue smooths over the not words easily. "There's more numbers on the back too." Osozo is prepared to share the blade with whoever is interested, though they're insistent on holding it themself, merely holding it out to be examined.

Their eyes move to Bastien, a brow raised. They knew the answer, clearer now than it had been before, but they held their tongue. As much as they wanted to be the winner, as it were, they were enough of a fair sport to give the others the chance as well.

Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Oliver
The case is swiftly handed off to the Ascended who finds a way of getting into it that Oliver had considered, but he felt it'd be rude to destroy Bastien's property. Oh well, what's done has been done. The look on Bastien's face wasn't one of anger so Oliver felt safe enough to continue on.

The jumbled up mess that the ascended coughed up was....a mess. Leaning in, he read it a couple of times before letting out a hum. Moving on along the room, he easily found a piece of charcoal and a paper before returning. The words and numbers were written down and he moved on to write down the other things that he could remember easily.

And then it clicked. Eyes widening, he tapped the charcoal on the paper before straightening himself up. "I think... I'm going to get myself some wine." And he did just that, grabbing himself another glass of wine and eagerly drinking it, using this as a prop to hide his smile.
My heart beating, my soul breathing,
I found my life when I laid it down,
Upward falling, spirit soaring
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
my lovely prey, i'm a cliche
Aisha hadn't done much investigation herself into the first few clues, her detective skills weren't as forensic as the others. There was one person who she'd found to be acting suspicious, at least more so than the rest of them. Finding the numbers on the pots only added to her suspcions, different than the ones Melita had found.

The notion that it was a mistake didn't cross her mind, she saw no other reason one would get the code so askew. She hurried back to the others and found Oliver meddling with some of the other clues, and after a brief look over his shoulder she came to her final conclusion too.
for us, the bourgeoisie, so care free
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
don't pull me, don't pull me down from the ceiling
They were all gathered around as the last clue fell from the case. Bastien waited eagerly to give them all a chance to look at what they had gained and think it over, unable to keep himself from excitedly grinning at Rex the whole time, somewhat ruining the illusion of her untimely death.

Once they had had about ten minutes to confer, he clapped his hands together. "Alright! I think all you amateur detectives have had long enough to work it out. Let's hear your guesses: though do not tell them to me. Write them on the slips of paper there, on the table." He pointed to a table by the door, where some pencils and thin bits of paper awaited the name of the supposed murderer.

Bastien gathered up the papers and read them; after a moment he turned to the guests with a wide grin on his face. "You have all selected the very same culprit, and I am proud to tell you you are correct. The heinous murderer of my dear wife was none other than....Melita!" He pointed an accusatory finger at the red-haired girl, marking her out as the criminal. "Apparently, her crime was obvious to you all. Perhaps I should craft better clues; I did not know I had such wonderful detectives."

With everyone congratulated (and Melita mock-arrested), Bastien helped Rexanna get up and poured out wine for everyone, toasting to one last fun drink before the horrors of Longnight began.

If only he knew how ironic this all would be...

--
I have PMed you all OOC for your guesses, since we need to wrap up for LN.

Everyone guessed Melita! And were right! ...I need to make harder puzzles.

I hope you all enjoyed this!

THREAD FINISHED
BASTIEN