'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at the cathouse door
-Oliver!
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANCE
I need a time out.
Send me to the beach
If he hadn't told Oliver that they would meet again over the Long Night, Rance might have reconsidered going out. He'd been spending time with Kel, trading tales of their experiences over the past few months, even a few from before, since even prior to the portals, it had been months since they'd last met. They had a lot to catch up on.

Even with that, though, Rance had said that he'd check in with Oliver at least once during their days in darkness on the beach. The fact that he was taking refuge in a brothel, of all places, probably said something about the 'confidence' that Oliver had claimed to be feeling when they'd first met. At the very least, the blond certainly wasn't shy about the sex that would be happening all around him. Under other circumstances, Rance might have found himself a little envious.

Rance found his way to the Halenani on foot, asking directions along the way. But when he got to the brothel itself, he was briefly stumped. He wasn't a customer -- this time -- but just barging in the front door and asking for someone who was neither an employee nor a client seemed.... well, really fucking awkward.

So, instead of loitering outside, he shifted into his raven form and perched on the edge of the roof. Hey, Oliver, he called out through the attuned bond. You up for a visitor? What kind of visitor would be left to chance and timing. of course.

Oliver
and don't let me come back
'til my attitude changes.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
His sketchbooks were a blessing. At first he stayed with drawing actual things. A candle, a cup he made with his creation magic, and then a few others. Once that got boring, he switched to trying to exercise and practice his magic... which ended rather quickly. Aside from pushups and the usual workout routines, there wasn't exactly a lot of things he could do that didn't risk damaging the brothel.

Which means Oliver returned back to his sketchbook. A drawing of a mouse was all it took for Oliver to shift gears once more, this time drawing up some ideas of differing things to make in his shop. Three different ideas for a pan, figuring out how big a pot should be, and many other things of this nature. That's what he had been occupying himself with before he the raven called out to him through the bond, breaking him away from his work.

Eyes flickered at the sudden voice and a smile slowly formed on his lips. Sitting up from his lounging spot, Oliver folded up the sketchbook, pencil tucked inside to bookmark the page. Nice to hear your voice. Glad you were able to find me no problem. It truly was nice to hear Rance, not only because Oliver was excited to see him, as very clearly evident through the bond, but also because Oliver was genuinely a bit lonely and he would take any sort of companionship. Rance was merely someone he wanted to see far more than many others.

One second, I'll be outside soon It certainly was an answer to Rance's question.

Making his way to the entrance, Oliver ignored the possibility that someone would be at the entrance, occupied with getting Rance inside.

A deep breath and Oliver pushed through the front door, finally seeing the outside world for himself alone. Hopefully Rance would change that. I'm outside at the door, come fly down to me. I can bring you inside in human form or in raven form. Just to help, if Rance asked for raven form, Oliver would even hold out his arm for a perch to land on.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANCE
I need a time out.
Send me to the beach
Good. And, yeah, I asked directions on the way here. No need to be wanderin' around half the ni-- Rance cut himself off, realizing as he said it how utterly pointless that word was that week. With the mental impression of awkwardness, he shifted from one taloned foot to the other. No point in wanderin' around. Right. Anyway.

He heard the door below him open up before he could dwell on just another weird aspect of the LongNight. Tipping forward, he looked down at the blond head of his friend, just as Oliver stepped outside and announced himself. Almost before he finished speaking, Oliver would hear the rustle of feathers and Rance would drop down from the lip of the roof, perching on the offered arm. Hey. Who am I to turn down a free ride? There's the sense of good humor and amusement over the bond as the large raven bobs his head and fluffs his feathers in a physical show that he's pleased to see Oliver as well.
and don't let me come back
'til my attitude changes.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
The correction earns a faint bit of laughter. I haven’t even tried going out into that stuff. You’re far braver than me.

Gorgeous, black wings flutter on down and the raven lands onto his arm. A smile appears on his face as he looks Rance up and down. ”You’re pretty damn adorable as a raven, ya know?” He even offers a gentle stroke on his head, just in case that he wanted it.

Retracting his hand, Oliver moved back on inside, taking Rance alongside with him. ”I hope your LongNight has been going well. I really am glad to see you. I don’t even know how much longer we have anymore.” There is a smile on his face as he shakes his head, moving down the halls towards his room.

Once inside the two would have plenty to talk about and lots to do. It’d be a relaxed night, but not too long either. Just the perfect amount of time to let out any pent up frustrations and let loose for the first time in what felt like forever.

Fin
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING