Training [se] keep a bluebird in my heart
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
& my heart ran away from me
Limber up, Vai had suggested. Do something other than drink, she'd suggested. It all sounded reasonable enough, but Remi thought it was a sly form of punishment for how much he'd drenched her lap in drool, and how long she had to sit with her legs numb with him snoozing away.

Ruffling a hand through his hair and giving the witch a still mostly-hungover stare, the Alchemist reached his arms above his head to stretch. "Okay but...how about no moving. I think I might just throw up if I have to run around." Remi conceded with a shaky grin, half convinced that he was going to throw up anyways even if he never moved again.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
VAI
The huntress
It might be dark out but with enough lantern lights, there was still plenty they could be getting on with. And Vai was just pleased to have Remi doing something other than drinking his sorrows away. So, following after him with her bow and quiver, she grinned and gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze on her way past. ”If that’s the stipulation you want to make, I can work with it,” she said, moving to stand a few feet away, taking her bow from her back.

”Though you’re going to make pretty easy target practice if you’re stationary,” she warned. ”Or would you rather I use my magic? What do you plan to do, anyway?” She knew Remi was different, but she had yet to see just how much he was capable of now that he had this new connection to Ludo.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The Alchemist eyed the bow and arrows, wondering if he'd just made a monumental mistake. Vai wouldn't ever shoot to kill or seriously maim, but if he sat down on the sands like he planned to do, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel for a markswoman as good as Vai.

"What do I plan to do? As if I would tell you that." Remi chuckled, sinking into the sand and letting his legs fold. Whether or not Vai did the same or whether she chose to stand, Remi would wait. Even with torchlight bright around them, the Alchemist had intentionally picked a place where the shadows were their darkest, and as he relaxed, he seemed to disappear entirely into them.

Reaching out with his telekinesis, Remi would try and tug all the arrows out of Vai's quiver. No doubt she'd have quite a hold of her bow, but hopefully he could place the arrows far enough away that she'd not be able to reach them without moving her feet and breaking the rules.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
VAI
The huntress
”But of course I shouldn’t expect it to be that easy,” Vai said with a chuckle, watching as he slumped to sit down and folding her arms across her chest, waiting expectantly for him to do... whatever it was he planned to do. So when he just melted into the shadows, she was understandably impressed, keen eyes searching for him in the darkness. ”I forgot that new tri— hey!” Her arrows flew from the quiver, scattering across the grass, and she huffed at him.

”Now that is hardly fair. Luckily, I am a resourceful type.” Leaning down, she plucked a pebble from the ground and threw it in his general direction, trying to get him to move. Then, turning to gaze towards her arrows, she summoned a whisper of air to try and nudge them towards her without moving her feet.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi couldn't let himself smile, or he'd waver back into existence. Still, it was difficult not to feel some small blossom of pride. Vai had seen him at his worst after all (both in the past, and arguably last night as well), and selfishly it felt good to think that he might yet claw his way back up in her standings. Though had he been a mother (or a father long enough), he might have known such a thing was both impossible and unnecessary.

He didn't move of course and the pebble hit him squarely in the chest. For Vai, it would look like the shadows had somehow become corporeal, as the pebble fell down to the sands. Rather than grabbing at the arrows with telekinesis again, instead Remi opted for a different tactic. A ghostly hawk appeared, clutching Vai's arrows beneath its ethereal talons. With eyes hard and peircing, it looked towards the witch as it spread its pale wings as if claiming the wood beneath it.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
VAI
The huntress
Feeling a great amount of satisfaction as the rock thunked into Remi’s chest - at least she thought it was Remi, else the shadows had suddenly grown a lo more dense - Vai turned her attention back to her arrows. It was all going very well, one of them very nearly in reach before suddenly a ghostly apparition of her favourite bird landed upon it. Gasping as if offended, Vai straightened up a bit and shook her head.

”What, you think you’re going to stop me by claiming them all?” she asked, thinking for a hot second before reaching out with her bow to try and bat the hawk away. She didn’t move her feet, but it would at least give her a bit of extra reach. ”Once I get an arrow you’re in trouble, mister,” she said with a laugh.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Indeed that seemed to be exactly what the bird thought. Spreading its wings ominously, it was soon joined by a mischievous looking raccoon who began to chew the fletching of one of the arrows. It wouldn't do much given its ghostly teeth, but hopefully it would serve as a distraction. Meanwhile, the hawk continued to fan its ghostly plumage in Vai's direction.

Flames suddenly jumped down from the torches. Beading together like water, the fire shaped itself into small feather-like shapes, that slowly edged towards Vai's feet. The intent was clear: move her feet and lose the challenge, or be burned.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
VAI
The huntress
Oh, she had forgotten just how sneaky Remi could be. Grinning at the hawk and the raccoon, Vai continued to swipe at the two of them with her bow, trying to get them away from her arrows so she could finally pluck one up. Quite what she was planning to do once she had one was beyond her, since she wasn’t going to shoot Remi. Frustrated, she flung the bow at the shadows she’d pelted before, letting out a laugh.

And that was about when the fire came chasing towards her feet. ”Oooh, nice try Remi,” Vai tittered, before leaning down and exaggeratedly blowing at the fiery feathers. As she did so, she summoned a breeze to snuff the flames out, flattening the grass around her in a circle.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The bow struck him squarely as Vai must have known it would. With an oofff, the Alchemist wavered back into slight visibility as he flinched away. No matter how many scars adorned his body, never a proper warrior would Remi be. Though he wasn't in any pain, he couldn't help the way he reflexively tried to avoid the weapon sailing in his direction.

Grinning visibly as Vai 'blew out' his flames as if they were naught more than birthday candles (neither of them were actually trying to hurt the other of course), Remi made a show of trying intently to keep them alight. When he couldn't, he gasped with feigned exasperation, throwing his hands into the air.

With only one last trick up his sleeve, the Alchemist left his body and trailed across the sands as a spirit. Pulsing himself into Vai, rather than attempting to take over her body in any meaningful way, instead he'd just try and make her back itch in that one place which was always so awkward to scratch.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
VAI
The huntress
Vai couldn’t help the smug little grin that flickered over her face as her bow struck home and Remi appeared, if only for a few seconds. It was wrong to feel quite so happy about that, she knew, but at the same time they were training even if they weren’t serious about it. ”Hey, now. Quit it.” She laughed as he tried to keep the little fires alive, sighing and straightening up to put her hands on her hips. ”You have far too many magic tricks,” she informed him.

Little did she know that he was about to show her another one.

Vai couldn’t see that the Alchemist had left his body, didn’t have a chance to prepare herself even slightly. Suddenly there was a presence in her head with her, and her lips parted to exclaim something - surprise, probably - when all at once her back started to itch.

”Whoa, no fair!” Her peals of laughter rang around the open space, and inevitably she took a few steps while trying to wriggle around to scratch at her back.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Tricks? Hmmph." In this context Vai wasn't wrong about the Alchemist's abilities.  Though he could be deadly, manipulative, and clever with his powers, right now parlour tricks was the full extent of his application of them.

Slithering ethereally through her, as soon as Remi felt her squirm and laugh, he immediately retreated back to his body. Pointing an accusatory finger at her feet and grinning broadly, the Alchemist dusted off his pants and stood. "Ah-ha!" He exclaimed gleefully.

Still looking a little green around the gills for his previous night's drinking, Remi looked up towards the starless sky and frowned. It was so strange not having a good grasp on what time of day it was. Even so, all he knew was that his body desperately wanted him to go back to bed.

"Okay. Next challenge: let's see who can fall asleep the fastest...because I definitely need a nap." Pretending not to see how Vai rolled her eyes at him, he offered her his arm that they might begin their walk back towards his home.

~FIN

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky